• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Patched at least twice and there are still assholes in the ceiling in metro.

I know. I wanted get the achievement/trophy for killing someone with the metro rubble, and then never play that map again, but those kinds of people are making it so difficult.

I know. I wanted get the achievement/trophy for killing someone with the metro rubble, and then never play that map again, but those kinds of people are making it so difficult.

Well, you're best chance is at the beginning. Grab a M320 to set it off, camp overlooking the elevator areas or escalators, and set one off when an enemy goes near. After the first few minutes if mission isn't accomplished, quit out, as there are no more to set off.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think I have a kill with every knife besides the four (which shows THREE to unlock in Battlelog/Premium calender :|) now. Hoorah. Now to wait to get those and kill someone with them.

Acorn

Well, you're best chance is at the beginning. Grab a M320 to set it off, camp overlooking the elevator areas or escalators, and set one off when an enemy goes near. After the first few minutes if mission isn't accomplished, quit out, as there are no more to set off.
Nah metro rush second set, set c4 on the platform directly above b then camp in the trains for someone to arm.

C4 won't kill them because it's on the platform and the roof totally collapses wiping out anyone near the mcom.

MR4001

Is there a reliable way to destroy tanks solo in this game, that is not C4? My RPGs don't seem to be doing much other than mobility kills, even when firing them from behind. Playing AT engineer in this game feels like suicide.

Not that different from using C4, but three SLAMs popped on will do the job.

Preemo

Banned
Why do the battlefield gods always put my squad on the shittest team possible. Can I get into a game where we aren't carrying the team for once? Its got to the point where my mates and I have started sending joke messages to the worst playing teammates about how we are going to send them a free copy of Call of Duty Ghosts so they can play with people of similar skill level.

i think the battlefield franchise offers gamers a lot of variety in a big multiplayer sandbox, couple that with creative minds and the fun/semi-serious attitude some people bring to the table and you get a lot of people (in small groups) organizing themselves to play in an unorthodox and ineffective way.

i rarely like to "troll" in battlefield so i empathize with your frustrations quite frequently. while i dont think i take the game seriously, i derive more enjoyment from actually winning.

Just got the PC version as well (already had it on PS4). Performance is all over the place. Shanghai specially chugs on my rig (1055t and 7950). The lighting & shadowing feature makes the PC version shine IMO. Wish the PS4 had that setting set to ultra.

Due to the horrible performance I prefer the PS4 version for now :p Playing this on PC really shows how good the PS4 port is

TheSeks

21/50 Marksmen ribbons. 2 in one round, even. Now if I could get idiot snipers to counter-snipe instead of them counter-sniping back, I'd be in business...

Just got the PC version as well (already had it on PS4). Performance is all over the place. Shanghai specially chugs on my rig (1055t and 7950). The lighting & shadowing feature makes the PC version shine IMO. Wish the PS4 had that setting set to ultra.

Due to the horrible performance I prefer the PS4 version for now :p Playing this on PC really shows how good the PS4 port is

It must perform god awful on pc because conquest large still runs like a nightmare at times on ps4.

21/50 Marksmen ribbons. 2 in one round, even. Now if I could get idiot snipers to counter-snipe instead of them counter-sniping back, I'd be in business...

Put yourself in good forward positions, aim for heads. Tonight's first round:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhOp6st7bJc

It must perform god awful on pc because conquest large still runs like a nightmare at times on ps4.

It runs like a damn dream on my pc. Performance on PS4 is considerably shittier.

Fjd93

Neo Member
Battlefield player on ps4 looking for people to squad up with online. My psn id is Justenough93. I'm in the eastern time zone and play mostly at night.

so dice still hast fixed the crouch bug, rubber banding for the past week has been absolutely terrible, the worst it's ever been, and squad perks still don't work. I've defended dice for the longest time but I honestly think they're a bunch of incompetent fucks

Unlocked this bad boy.

BF4_M82A3_Master_Dog_Tag.png

I'm not sure but either the M320 and M82 unlock with a cumulative 500 kills on all variants or they unlocked at 300 for a specific variant (Both instances occurred this way).

Edit: Oh yeah, the SW40 is godlike. Coming from someone who never like the magnum in BF3.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Havent played in a week.

Hopefully i can play some tonight.

Ark

So I built my first gaming rig yesterday and I'm tempted to buy BF4 for PC. Should I?

I know the game is bullshit and I shouldn't give EA a penny of my money, but god dammit do I fucking love this game when it works. Thing is I know I'm going to suck balls on PC compared to PS4 :p

Wulv

Neo Member
So I built my first gaming rig yesterday and I'm tempted to buy BF4 for PC. Should I?

I know the game is bullshit and I shouldn't give EA a penny of my money, but god dammit do I fucking love this game when it works. Thing is I know I'm going to suck balls on PC compared to PS4 :p

We have a good group running on PS4. You should hop on if you don't get the PC version.

Although you will have to deal with Lost which is like dealing with the insane.

Ark

We have a good group running on PS4. You should hop on if you don't get the PC version.

Although you will have to deal with Lost which is like dealing with the insane.

I've played with a few gaffers once or twice but never with a whole group. Who should I add to get in on some GAF action?

Kabuto

go for it; it's on sale if you buy it from Origin and it's definitely worth $25 ($30 if you want China Rising + 3 Gold Battlepacks).

oh and Premium for PC goes on sale more often than console so you can get it for ~$35 if you watch for it.

TheSeks

go for it; it's on sale if you buy it from Origin and it's definitely worth $25 ($30 if you want China Rising + 3 Gold Battlepacks).

oh and Premium for PC goes on sale more often than console so you can get it for ~$35 if you watch for it.

You're the one that keeps joining Kane that joins me in Rush, aren't you?

Ark

I'll give it a think tomorrow. I'm leaning towards it though. Will give me something to practise on in-time for the new Battlefield later this year.

DrunkenOcho

Will add you in the morning (PSN: Arkano6).

TheSeks

They've only started to stack recently. I've had a night one or two weeks ago when they were evenly on both sides and the other side took their losses in stride. I dunno why the sudden change. The server isn't bad, but when they start to stack...

They've only started to stack recently. I've had a night one or two weeks ago when they were evenly on both sides and the other side took their losses in stride. I dunno why the sudden change. The server isn't bad, but when they start to stack...

The clan itself has a ton of people in it, so maybe they were a different bunch that never bother to balance.

Tank whoring is way too much fun, what is this nonsense.

TheSeks

25/50 Headshot ribbons. Lost Island map is pretty good for doing it in Rush. I just gotta get oblivious people for my 40x Range Finder to nail them. D: Otherwise guesswork with the 8x and Range Finder.

scogoth

ocho doesn't play nor talk like he's drunk anyway, so it's k. =P

Edit: FAMAS is godlike, goddamn.

Ocho and I are going to Tijuana to party so he will be drunk after that. Right Ocho? RIGHT! TEQUILA!

Hope theres an internet cafe with bf4....

....I wish I was going to Tijuana.

TheSeks

Well, that was new. First time I nearly ran out of ammo with the FN P90. Go on a 8 kill streak in Sabotage on the cannon map pretty easily.

Going back to that from the SR2 is hilarious. People can say the FN P90 is a low-tier weapon, but goddamn is it mobile and the iron-sights don't suck (using the T sight on the SR2 isn't a good replacement) and you can basically hit shit even while strafing. It's crazy good. So is the PDW-R.

Better than a tank? Say it. Everyone must know you've joined my ranks. I accept you as my apprentice. You must be my gunner for 300 hours.

I thought I already did that many hours. So many people trying to C4 my tank, they don't give the poor thing a break.

Ramming the living shit out of every other tank with the Abrams is also pretty entertaining.

Ocho and I are going to Tijuana to party so he will be drunk after that. Right Ocho? RIGHT! TEQUILA!

Hope theres an internet cafe with bf4....

....I wish I was going to Tijuana.

When are you coming back, ocho keeps insta quitting any map that doesn't have tanks now. ocho pls.

Woah. Played BF4 on PS4 for the first time this weekend in about a month with a friend who's never seen a PS4 in action to show him what's up.

It's worse than it's ever been. 4 separate times over the course of two days we spent about an hour trying to play and had major rubber banding, glitches etc I've never seen before. More than a few times my player fell through the map ala Doom walk through walls style.

Rubber banding was the worst though. Perfect ping, great speed connection, but ever server had it at levels I've never seen. Was this news? Did I miss something? Has some patch fucked it up again?

Top Bottom