• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Faceless Master said:
oh yeah, i forgot about that. it seems like after the game takes over the audio to play the loading screen music, the game doesn't 'tell' the custom soundtrack it can continue playing now.

How is that even possible. Is that not a part of a routine certification process, even for demos.

IcebergSlim3000 said:
How is that even possible. Is that not a part of a routine certification process, even for demos.
All games have the power to cut off custom music at their discretion. Guess this one just forgets to turn it back on.

suplex

Darkflight said:
The Veteran stuff is managed here, though I'm still not sure if its relevant how high your number is or just that you are regarded as a Veteran for any bonuses:

http://veteran.battlefield.com/

I should re-install 2 now that Euro Forces and Armoured Fury are part of the patch just to play a game of them, same for the 2142 expansion (not sure why that's greyed out still, I know I've played games on those maps before)

Thanks for the link, unfortunately it tells me the CD keys were already used for both 1942 and Vietnam even though I'm the original owner of both games. Anyone else have this issue? It also won't accept my 2142 username/password either although it is possible I'm forgetting my password completely on that one. :lol Oh well, at least BF2 worked.

ezekial45 said:
Sorry if this a silly question, but does the Gamestop preorder bonus apply to the PC version as well?

The only pre-order bonus was the beta key. All the other stuff that you saw on that gamestop page is extra content you get with the limited edition Battlefield: Bad Company 2 which is at a regular edition price across all platforms.

SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
The only pre-order bonus was the beta key. All the other stuff that you saw on that gamestop page is extra content you get with the limited edition Battlefield: Bad Company 2 which is at a regular edition price across all platforms.
He means the stupid Squad Rush, and the answer is no, every PC version gets it.

DuckRacer

SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
I forgot about that. So Squad Rush is exclusive for 30 days on consoles? Horrible.
In America only. Everyone in Europe gets access to it from day 1. Fucking pre-order bonuses.

Cynar

demolitio said:
Not the ones he was talking about. They made you claim a Mass Effect prize...

I know the other ones work for whatever game you want.

You just go to prizes on the site and you can pick a different game than mass effect 2.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Question, are the 6 preorder items 100% exclusive or will you be able to unlock them? I'm interested in the game though, so I'll probably pre order it anyway, just wondering.

Schmitty

Played some last few matches with some friends and didn't lose once. The other team was so incompetent that I used the same T-90 from the first jump and moved from base to base leveling buildings. With my friend as the engineer gunner, it made it so much easier to continually shell buildings. I love this game.

The Faceless Master said:
ps3 runs slightly worse on paper, 360 has weird vegetation.

In that one video posted earlier, he said near the end that they were going to release updates day 1, I hope perhaps some of the odd graphical issues are fixed, as well as other weird ones like the deadly water.

PEZIX

Banned
Who the hell would want to listen to tunes over the raw awesome sound effects of fucking murder they put in this bitch, thats like lighting a cigar with a lighter.. you just dont do it

i got 3 days off next week leading to the weekend so im playng the shit out this game. im putting my car in the shop for a couple of days and im using that as an excuse to be off to play battlefield:lol cant wait

So this is the MP map list as we currently know it?

Port Valdez
Arica Harbor
Panama Canal
Valparaiso
Atacama Desert
Laguna Presa
White Pass
Laguna Alta (No footage yet)
Nelson Bay (No footage yet)
Isla Inocente (No footage yet)

mjc

Two questions, sorry if they've been asked.

Is the classic BF orchestral theme in this?

I heard a rumor that 1943 maps might come out for DLC....true?

Druz

mjc said:
Two questions, sorry if they've been asked.

Is the classic BF orchestral theme in this?

I heard a rumor that 1943 maps might come out for DLC....true?

I hope not since they're crap. I also hope they learned from BF2 to not fragment the community with maps but who am I kidding.

Kibbles

endlessflood said:

Port Valdez
Arica Harbor
Panama Canal
Valparaiso
Atacama Desert
Laguna Presa
White Pass
Isla Inocente was the map in the squad stories 2 trailer.

Salacious Crumb

Druz said:
I hope not since they're crap. I also hope they learned from BF2 to not fragment the community with maps but who am I kidding.

I'd say they learnt their lesson seeing as though they released them for everyone in the 1.5 patch.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I got a defibrillator headshot on some guy trying to knife me while I was reviving a squadmate. :lol It still revived him too

Preordered on Amazon just now :D

DuckRacer

endlessflood said:

Port Valdez
Arica Harbor
Panama Canal
Valparaiso
Atacama Desert
Laguna Presa
White Pass
There's also going to be a "set" of maps released as free DLC on day 1 for anyone who buys BFBC2 new. Some Bad Company 2 fansite claims someone in the know tipped them off on a 32-player version of Strike at Karkand being one of the maps. That part is probably BS but who knows.

If they're bringing back old maps I hope they do Backstab and BridgeTooFar from BF2MC. The latter probably wouldn't work with the destruction system, but still.

PatzCU

Fyrus said:
I got a defibrillator headshot on some guy trying to knife me while I was reviving a squadmate. :lol It still revived him too

Me too! Can't wait, this will undoubtedly be my most played game of 2010. Only 6 more dayssssss.

I really hope this sells well, I love DICE.

hylje

Fyrus said:

Meh, still haven't managed to score kill with defib. My reflexes knife kill pre defibrillator.

abuC

Shot down the apache with the Bradley's tow missile earlier, not sure what the pilot was doing since distance wise the shot was from almost inside the 2nd base, all the way over to the 3rd base.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dralla said:
any word on training? I'd rather learn to fly by myself before jumping online.

No such thing in the review code. You don't fly helis in SP either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom