• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclaren777

160 hours is exactly 8 hours/day for the 20 days that the demo has been available. :eek:

s1kh86.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Played the demo for the last time yesterday night :(

Such a good game...

Just saw a commercial for this and it was fucking badass.

They flash those critic snippets, "9.5 out of 10" ... "5/5" ... "Incredibly memorable" ... "Expect your blood pressure to spike" ...

then the last one: "Rightfully challenges Modern Warfare" ...

Huh? WTF is that weak shit?

DuckRacer said:
There's also going to be a "set" of maps released as free DLC on day 1 for anyone who buys BFBC2 new. Some Bad Company 2 fansite claims someone in the know tipped them off on a 32-player version of Strike at Karkand being one of the maps. That part is probably BS but who knows.

If they're bringing back old maps I hope they do Backstab and BridgeTooFar from BF2MC. The latter probably wouldn't work with the destruction system, but still.
Yes please. If you're gonna bring back old maps, please do bring back maps I haven't already played to death. If we get Wake one more time I'm gonna stab someone in the face.

Vitruviux

Banned
mclaren777 said:
160 hours is exactly 8 hours/day for the 20 days that the demo has been available. :eek:

s1kh86.jpg

That is ridiculous!

Those are the same kind of people that unlocked everything in BF2 within month, and leveled many prestige modes in CoD.

hylje

Skeyser said:
and I thought I was bad with 24 hours played...:lol

btw does anyone know what the number next to the rank mean? ie rank11- 5 -killdeluxe2

I believe that is the Veteran Rank they are currently.

derFeef

BigKaboom2 said:
I don't really trust anyone who reviews a Battlefield game before launch day anyway.
Bad Company (2) has a SP campaign, so that is a bit different there. We already know the multiplayer is ace, so nothing can go wrong here.

Jas said:
Looks like the demo is over, servers are down.
It is maintanance currently.

Shawsie64

Banned
yep looks like its down :(

fucking awesome beta, got 33 hours logged on it.

Ah well its almost among us guys, bring on the full game!! :D

Tokubetsu

VibratingDonkey said:
Yes please. If you're gonna bring back old maps, please do bring back maps I haven't already played to death. If we get Wake one more time I'm gonna stab someone in the face.

Yeah but you already know Wake Island 2010 is gonna be the first god damn map they patch in.

WuselDusel said:
Bad Company (2) has a SP campaign, so that is a bit different there. We already know the multiplayer is ace, so nothing can go wrong here.
There's always a chance that the console versions will have broken multiplayer on day one - happens all the time. Matchmaking didn't work for me at all on the first day of the 360 beta, and 1943 was a mess as well. Glad I'll be playing on PC.

Damn, i was hoping to get one last night of the beta. Now i'm still in the dark which version to buy. PS3 or PC.. Since my PC only managed to produce 30-40 fps in the beta i'm a bit worried.. I really thought my 3.2Ghz DualCore, 4gb DDR3, HD4870 rig would be able to perform alot better :( It might of course run better in the retail version, but how large is that chance really? Oh well, i got a few days before i need to decide..

Will get this for PS3. Can't wait! Have been playing the demo almost every day. It was nice to see they've really improved some stuff from the Beta.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Binabik15

Okay, I´m late, but no heli in SP? Are they crazy? No everyone including me that never really had a chance to try the heli will crash and burn for months. Smh. Hype -10000.

So down to hype level ~990000./spoiler]

They probably want helis to crash, because against inexperienced/shitty noob sniper squads the helis are death incarnate.

Those playtimes are nuts, but I have to admit that I stopped with the demo after coming close to the 20 h mark in five days. Had three games in a row where I was MVP and had 80000 points combined (pins included) and called it a day:lol 6 Nemesis pins in one game playing engineer without being in a vehicle :lol

I totally understand how one could addicted to this game.

blanky

I dunno if the demo has actually ended as well, EA maintenance is still going on for atleast 30 minutes. And the twitter only talks of the pc beta being over. maybe we'll get to have some more games soon.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
fresquito said:
Can some mod change the empty-clinic thread title?
:(

Sorry but i dont like snarky titles, besides im not smart enough to make one.
And yes, im aware that some mod will do it.

Binabik15 said:
Okay, I´m late, but no heli in SP? Are they crazy? No everyone including me that never really had a chance to try the heli will crash and burn for months. Smh. Hype -10000.

So down to hype level ~990000./spoiler]

They probably want helis to crash, because against inexperienced/shitty noob sniper squads the helis are death incarnate.

Those playtimes are nuts, but I have to admit that I stopped with the demo after coming close to the 20 h mark in five days. Had three games in a row where I was MVP and had 80000 points combined (pins included) and called it a day:lol 6 Nemesis pins in one game playing engineer without being in a vehicle :lol

I totally understand how one could addicted to this game.
they should have helicopters in single player with the same controls as multiplayer, just as optional vehicles, not required to complete a section of the game.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm really regretting not playing the demo for the last time yesterday.. :(

Heavy Rain really sucked me in for about 2 hours. Ahh well that should keep me entertained while I wait for amazon to deliver a box of awesome to my house.

Ubersnug

Tesco Entertainment has the 360 version going for £24.99 @ the mo

Linky

Unfortunately, PS3 version is still £36.

Might be a mis-price, but you might get lucky.

MMaRsu

Fersis said:

Sorry but i dont like snarky titles, besides im not smart enough to make one.
And yes, im aware that some mod will do it.

Let's hope so..this one is kinda empty :p.

DietRob

MMaRsu said:
Let's hope so..this one is kinda empty :p.

Battlefield Bad Company 2: Official thread of pressing select/back mofo

*Paging mod.. Please report to the thread.. Paging Mod*.

Cheech

Yopis said:
This game does look amazing.Is there any real difference between ps3 and 360 versions I should have my ps3 back when this drops.Ive been playing on my 360 but have not had time with ps3 demo.What do you guys think?I have a good number of friends on both systems.I know the pc version is gonna be sick.

I've extensively played on 360 and PS3, and honestly, there is not that much of a difference. The 360 looks cleaner, as usual, but it's not a huge difference.

The two versions are far closer in parity than they were in BC1 (whose voice didn't even work on PS3, FFS).

I'm buying it on PS3, just because I know more people picking it up for that system.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This saturday i will be updating this thread OP and the console matchup OP with more War Advices.

RbBrdMan said:
Battlefield Bad Company 2: Official thread of pressing select/back mofo

*Paging mod.. Please report to the thread.. Paging Mod*.

I do like this one by Dizzy-4U : BBC2 official thread of KOFXIII LOGO IS SO MUCH WIN!!!!

DietRob

Cheech said:
I've extensively played on 360 and PS3, and honestly, there is not that much of a difference. The 360 looks cleaner, as usual, but it's not a huge difference.

The two versions are far closer in parity than they were in BC1 (whose voice didn't even work on PS3, FFS).

I'm buying it on PS3, just because I know more people picking it up for that system.

Finally, at least with this game we are getting to the point where system issues aside it's all about getting the game for the system you have the most friends on.

Except for the master race of course.. shit looks great.

DietRob

Fersis said:
This saturday i will be updating this thread OP and the console matchup OP with more War Advices.

*Raises hand*

Can we please address what the hell the little ball thing that you can throw from the recon class is. After about 20 something hours in the demo I still don't have a clue because I never really used it.

Fersis

RbBrdMan said:
*Raises hand*

Can we please address what the hell the little ball thing that you can throw from the recon class is. After about 20 something hours in the demo I still don't have a clue because I never really used it.
I think its like a radar or something, it detects enemies. (Just like pressing select)

Maxirugi

RbBrdMan said:
*Raises hand*

It's a motion sensor. It marks up enemies on the map within its radius and gives you get points for each marked enemy that is killed.

RbBrdMan said:
*Raises hand*

There is an audio clip that plays when you throw it. Its a motion tracker. Enemies pop up on the mini map.

DietRob

Fersis said:
I think its like a radar or something, it detects enemies. (Just like pressing select)

Ahh.. yea that makes sense. Would probably be good to throw it in the objective room when on defense to see when enemies enter to set the charge.

edit : Do we know if this activates on everyone else radar similar to spotting?

Maxirugi

RbBrdMan said:
Ahh.. yea that makes sense. Would probably be good to throw it in the objective room when on defense to see when enemies enter to set the charge.

edit : Do we know if this activates on everyone else radar similar to spotting?

Yes it does, which is why it's pretty damn useful. I was playing a match recently where a guy was screaming at our recons for not using their sensors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom