• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
five days until release, thats five days im going to spend with family and friends and then they wont see me for quite some time :lol

Manager

Just got this:
EA Expands Battlefield: Bad Company 2 With Extra Multiplayer Content

STOCKHOLM--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ:ERTS), today announced that two massive, all-new multiplayer maps for Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 will be unlocked on March 2nd when the game launches in North America. This map pack features the Laguna Alta map playable in Conquest mode and Nelson Bay map playable in Rush mode, bringing the total number of multiplayer maps up to 10. Later in March, DICE will release yet another map pack at no extra charge*, giving players a chance to experience the Arica Harbor map in Conquest mode and Laguna Presa map in Rush mode. Available in the box, the content packs are unlocked by simply inputting a VIP code**.

“These first two map packs are just the beginning. We’re planning ongoing support for the community by always keeping the experience fresh and ensuring the best possible gameplay experience.”

“Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will redefine online modern warfare on March 2. We are deeply committed to the FPS community and Battlefield fans worldwide,” said Patrick Bach, Senior Producer for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. “These first two map packs are just the beginning. We’re planning ongoing support for the community by always keeping the experience fresh and ensuring the best possible gameplay experience.”

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is setting a new standard for action games with the quality of its highly detailed, war-torn landscapes and massive, destructible environments. The game’s tactical destruction shakes up the gameplay delivering epic battles never before seen in a modern warfare game.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be in stores on March 2, 2010 in North America and March 4, 2010 in Europe for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the PC. The Limited Edition of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 can be pre-ordered now on all platforms at no extra cost, with participating retailers worldwide (while supplies last).

For more information on DICE, please visit www.dice.se. For more information on Battlefield: Bad Company 2 please visit: www.badcompany2.ea.com. Or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2.

* Included with purchase of new game. Internet connection required.

** VIP codes included in the shrink-wrapped box. Those players that do not have a code can purchase one via the in-game store for $15. PC players will get the content as a game update. Internet connection required.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok, so thats the day one free DLC. Nice.
(Ill update the OP later)

MMaRsu

This map pack features the Laguna Alta map playable in Conquest mode and Nelson Bay map playable in Rush mode, bringing the total number of multiplayer maps up to 10. Later in March, DICE will release yet another map pack at no extra charge*, giving players a chance to experience the Arica Harbor map in Conquest mode and Laguna Presa map in Rush mode. Available in the box, the content packs are unlocked by simply inputting a VIP code**.

So you can play the same maps in other modes. How are those content packs :lol
Those will be unlock keys.

wow, i wonder how some people not having the maps affects the map rotation...
MMaRsu said:
So you can play the same maps in other modes. How are those content packs :lol
Those will be unlock keys.
well, if it's anything like the Conquest versions of the BC1 maps, they did edit the layouts up a bit and changed some of the assets and the lighting.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
DICE will release yet another map pack at no extra charge*, giving players a chance to experience the Arica Harbor map in Conquest mode and Laguna Presa map in Rush mode. Available in the box, the content packs are unlocked by simply inputting a VIP code**.

“These first two map packs are just the beginning. We’re planning ongoing support for the community by always keeping the experience fresh and ensuring the best possible gameplay experience.”

Dice = Love

Nice to hear that they plan ongoing support for the community. Hopefully they don't take several months to roll around in their money first like IW did.

Geoff9920 said:
That's the type of thing that should be in a free update to everyone, not EA's standard "free day one new game only dlc".
it's free to everyone that bought it new.

i agree about the whole day 1 dlc thing though...
put it on the disk!!!

WTF DICE?!

Binabik15

I like DLC for new game purchases way more than the pre-order exclusive multiplayer mode stuff they´re doing to you Americans.

Salacious Crumb

Geoff9920 said:
That's the type of thing that should be in a free update to everyone, not EA's standard "free day one new game only dlc".

Incentive to by second hand is a cheaper price.

Incentive to buy new is extra content.

in the end they even out.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Doomslayer said:

Pretty much, its EA's incentive to buy it new.

Day one.

suplex

awesome beta, wound up playing around 30 hours. after a shitty start, i managed to get my k/d ratio a little bit over 1. yesterday i was flat out murdering people with the saiga, getting behind the enemy lines and sneaking up on pesky snipers. although knifing them is satisfying, so is unloading a couple shotty rounds into the back of their head.

cant wait for retail.

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
RbBrdMan said:
Battlefield Bad Company 2: Official thread of pressing select/back mofo

*Paging mod.. Please report to the thread.. Paging Mod*.

Where is this select/back button on my keyboard and/or mouse?

Official thread of pressing select/back/Q please. :D

The Faceless Master said:
i agree about the whole day 1 dlc thing though...
put it on the disk!!!

WTF DICE?!

It probably wasn't done when the game went gold ? At least that is the only good reason to have it.

Geoff9920

Doomslayer said:

I don't blame EA/Dice for wanting to get money from people who buy the game second hand... I just think that the content provided should actually be worth the money they're going charge people who get the game used. i.e. New maps vs. rehashed existing maps that should have shipped with the game to begin with. Or better yet, go the valve route and provide regular free content. This nickle and diming of console gamers for dlc shit is getting old.

DietRob

Zanboo said:

Yes please add the letter for master race. :D

Zanboo said:

700710_keyboard_backspace.jpg

Dynamic3

This has probably already been posted, but the winner of the fan achievement contest is:

The Dentist
Get a headshot with the repair tool.

Binabik15

Battlefield Bad Company 2 : Official Thread OF "Spot (Select/Back/Q) or I´ll fucking gut you!"*

Had I known that you can kill with the repair tool I would´ve died a few times less repairing tanks :/

*Use my version because I said it should be in the tiltle in an older thread already D:

Fersis

I like the current title.
:3

Binabik15 said:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 : Official Thread OF "Spot (Select/Back/Q) or I´ll fucking gut you!"*

Had I known that you can kill with the repair tool I would´ve died a few times less repairing tanks :/

*Use my version because I said it should be in the tiltle in an older thread already D:
It's pretty hard to kill people with it, at least it seems from my experience with the defib. The best way to get the achievement is by killing a sniper with it.

And why thank you Zanboo. Just change Q to backspace and you are good to go!

DietRob

Binabik15 said:

I called it first! :lol
Check the demo thread

I like Official Thread of keeping Fersis happy also though.

Az

Battlefield Bad Company 2 : Official Thread of Defibrillator Death and Repair Tool Destruction

I got nothing

DietRob

Ehh.. no matter what the title the OP is solid and was great work by NeoGAF extraordinaire Fersis.

There is a wealth of info in that OP.

MMaRsu

Official Battlefield Bad Company 2 thread where we spot till we drop!

or

Official Battlefield Bad Company 2 thread of definitive modern warfare

;)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm having a really hard time spotting enemies while I'm shooting. Select + L1 + R1 + Jump (yes I jump all the time with shotgun).

suplex

How about Battlefield Bad Company 2 : Official Thread OF "If I ask for ammo and you don't hook me up I'll fucking gut you!"

Hopefully there are far more servers with FF on in the retail version. I can't tell you how many times I got killed by a 40mm at close range and the enemy just walks away fine. That's garbage. Not to mention the bullshit kamakaze C4ing without consequence.

MMaRsu

Yoshichan said:
I'm having a really hard time spotting enemies while I'm shooting. Select + L1 + R1 + Jump (yes I jump all the time with shotgun).

You jump with the shotgun? This isnt CS boy

georgc

Relax, the shotgun is fine. It is most likely because u are able to use a 12 guage slug in place if regular shells. It increases your range, but reduces damage and are unable to get headshits at extream ranges!!!

Battlefield Bad Company 2 : Official Thread of Setting That Shit Back Up!

or if it fits:

Battlefield Bad Company 2 : Official Thread of Setting That Shit Back Up! (Spam Select/Back/Q)

Salacious Crumb

Battlefield Bad Company 2 : Official Thread of Smelling Very Clean

More relevant to BC1 but that line is so good it transcends installments

Quixzlizx

Bumblebeetuna said:
Holy crap. The kill with it towards the end is even worse. 1887 all over again. Hopefully they balance it out.

I'm terrible with the shotgun. Is it headshot or bust, because I died 3 or 4 times with it after getting off the first shot and never getting a kill, so I rage-switched back to the SCAR. :lol

Fersis

Nice ,lots of stuff to add to the OP.
Ill do it tonight.

Hey guys, you should PM a mod to change the thread title. Teknopathetic is going to buy the PC version i think.

Oh god, night time map!! YESSSS!!!

awww its sad to see the demo gone. can't wait to get the full game next week. been playing it on both consoles and the ps3 version looked and performed better for me and my friends. we all decided to get it for the ps3.

Hmmm well I certainly hope that the retail PC version has all those improvements and fixes that were promised that the beta didn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom