• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
demolitio said:
Don't forget to get your Dr. Pepper caps for the free DLC! :D

Buy a Specially (has EA LOGO , Capt. Sheppard, BFBC2 Tank, & Sims 3 Logo) marked Dr Pepper product (20/16/14 OZ BOTTLES or 7/11 Fountain Cup) to get a code, go to DRPEPPER.COM enter the code and get a piece of DLC.

In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon. Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement

Got the info from CAG a while ago.
wtf, DLC from Soda?!!?

so game informer gives it a 95
Game Informer

Not content to settle for second place, DICE throws down the gauntlet with Bad Company 2, delivering its best multiplayer package since Battlefield 2 and a remarkably improved single-player campaign that openly mocks its rival while cribbing from them at the same time.

The Faceless Master said:
wtf, DLC from Soda?!!?

well it's a good move. not the first game to do it and plus it actually works out. you can DRINK and still game at the same time to refuel yourself after the 8 hour marathon playing BFBC2!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
RbBrdMan said:
I actually love Dr. Pepper so I don't mind this at all. I wonder is this stuff exclusive or will it be able to be unlocked through playing at some point anyway?

The "new camo" part has me confused. To this point, everything available through pre-order bonuses was content eventually available to everyone else. Either by an eventual earned unlock or timed unlock.

But mp skins don't fall into this category. You don't get to select your camo, ever... appearance is the result of your team and kit selection. So is this an entirely new class or something?

It's weird. Maybe DICE already has some DLC at the end of the pipe and the Dr. Pepper thing is just getting it early?

edit: either way... looks like I'm buying some soda. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
recklessmind said:
The "new camo" part has me confused. To this point, everything available through pre-order bonuses was content eventually available to everyone else. Either by an eventual earned unlock or timed unlock.

But mp skins don't fall into this category. You don't get to select your camo, ever... appearance is the result of your team and kit selection. So is this an entirely new class or something?

It's weird. Maybe DICE already has some DLC at the end of the pipe and the Dr. Pepper thing is just getting it early?

edit: either way... looks like I'm buying some soda. :lol
There's day one free DLC.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
DMPrince said:
well it's a good move. not the first game to do it and plus it actually works out. you can DRINK and still game at the same time to refuel yourself after the 8 hour marathon playing BFBC2!

Pepper Slammer

1/3 cup Southern Comfort
add southern comfort to glass with ice.
fill with dr. pepper

RbBrdMan said:
I actually love Dr. Pepper so I don't mind this at all. I wonder is this stuff exclusive or will it be able to be unlocked through playing at some point anyway?

I want to know this. Do the codes give you EXCLUSIVE stuff or no?

Evolved1

Fersis said:
There's day one free DLC.

Since when?

And what is it?

edit: I checked your OP again... you didn't mention it. :lol

recklessmind said:
(emphasis mine)

I wonder what that means...

:lol :lol :lol

Exactly. I'm sort of like...DLC from Dr. Pepper? What the fuck?

And then I'm like...HOLY SHIT NEW CAMO FREE SHIT I DRINK DR P

sk3tch

Yeah I have 4 codes stored up in my Dr. Pepper account waiting for this game to release. I'll buy more soda if I need to...but I figured it would be cool stuff so I didn't want to waste it on other games.

Evolved1

Mr. Snrub said:
:lol :lol :lol

Exactly. I'm sort of like...DLC from Dr. Pepper? What the fuck?

And then I'm like...HOLY SHIT NEW CAMO FREE SHIT I DRINK DR P

My question is: within the UI framework that we're all familiar with... how would one select "new camo"? That's not really how the game works. You select a kit and that determines your appearance.

If you take it literally... is there a new "Special Activities" kit?

I don't understand. Can't imagine they'd have a special DLC kit... that'd be big news.

How do I unlock the rifle from BF1943? Thought I read something on the ticker in that game. I loved that gun.
Also love that I haven't been able to connect to a BF1943 game in weeks. Gives me great faith in connecting with friends in BFBC2.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
CitizenCope said:
How do I unlock the rifle from BF1943? Thought I read something on the ticker in that game. I loved that gun.
Also love that I haven't been able to connect to a BF1943 game in weeks. Gives me great faith in connecting with friends in BFBC2.

It is part of the Limited (only one being sold right now) Edition. IIRC

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Are you talking about the M1 Carbine? It's for Battlefield Veterans, no idea if it's based on your Veteran rank or if you owned BF1943.

Speaking of 1943, wonder when they're actually going to release it on the PC.

Spl1nter

Today's battlefield moment: Decided to go sniper for a round. Moving on to the last base attacking when they have their black hawk in the air. Got the M24 with 12x scope and full clip. Decided I would try to shoot a gunner. I go through 4 bullets with no luck. Then bam head shot, see the body falling to the ground. Great moment. Had to aim a few feet higher to get the hit.

blahness

another thing noobs need to learn is that the light AA tank gunner (the one that has the exposed gunner on top) is almost essential to take down choppers. get on the gunner position and take down the choppa! AA stands for ANTI AIRCRAFT and if you are driving the thing, dont rush into an enemy base when there is a chopper in the air. Hang back and take it down first.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So I'm getting this. I'd like a new multiplayer game and the beta was fun.
I can either trade in Heavy Rain when I finish it in a few days and get it day one or keep HR and wait a couple weeks and decide between BC2 and Final Fantasy. Tough choice, WWGAFD?

Lkr

Bought it today at Gamestop(put all the money down with some credit). Good thing they can't gut PC games

CitizenCope said:
Yeah the M1 Carbine. Anything like it available in this game that would be available to everyone?
I think you guys mean the M1 Garand which is available only in the final game to Battlefield Veterans. And yeah would the M14 count? It's bascially a modern Garand and it's in the game unlockable somewhere between rank 15 and 20 iirc.

But it's real easy to become a BF Veteran. All you need is one BF game (including the free downloadable BF: Heroes). Just google battlefield veteran for the site.

Unless the Carbine is in the game and I didn't hear about it.

Spl1nter

Devil Theory said:
You're not a sniper.

I've done the same thing too, pretty satisfying.

dont worry I threw out those motion mines and used the mortar. Usually on the frontlines as a sniper which is great for spawning on. I dont like hiding on hills.

Lkr

Mr Sandman said:
I think you guys mean the M1 Garand which is available only in the final game to Battlefield Veterans. And yeah would the M14 count? It's bascially a modern Garand and it's in the game unlockable somewhere between rank 15 and 20 iirc.

But it's real easy to become a BF Veteran. All you need is one BF game (including the free downloadable BF: Heroes). Just google battlefield veteran for the site.

battlefield 2 demo also works with veteran:lol

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Mr Sandman said:

It's the Garand, got the names mixed up.

Risette

A Good Citizen
The Dr. Pepper DLC should be easy to get. Find/google something like "ME2 Dr. Pepper items free" (it's an EA promotion so a guide for ME2 should work) All you need to do is re-enter info every time, but you can put in nonsense and it'll work.

I got all the ME2 stuff doing this.

Fyrus said:
The Dr. Pepper DLC should be easy to get. Find/google something like "ME2 Dr. Pepper items free" (it's an EA promotion so a guide for ME2 should work) All you need to do is re-enter info every time, but you can put in nonsense and it'll work.

so you made 4 seperate dr pepper accounts and got all the DLC?

demolitio

Fyrus said:

Those were ME2 exclusive so we have to hope they do the same with BC2.

Snuggler said:
So I'm getting this. I'd like a new multiplayer game and the beta was fun.
I can either trade in Heavy Rain when I finish it in a few days and get it day one or keep HR and wait a couple weeks and decide between BC2 and Final Fantasy. Tough choice, WWGAFD?

Keep HR. buy BFBC2 when you can.

demolitio said:
Those were ME2 exclusive so we have to hope they do the same with BC2.
No, the codes were good for any of the EA items. You enter a code for Dr. Pepper, it gives you a code for the EA store, you choose your prize.

Treo360

Was this ever asked/answered; I had bought Bad company 1 on 360, however this year I'm PSN only, so will my vet status "transfer" from xbl to psn?

Treo360 said:
Was this ever asked/answered; I had bought Bad company 1 on 360, however this year I'm PSN only, so will my vet status "transfer" from xbl to psn?
yes, as long as your PSN ID and XBL Gamertag are tied to the same EA account.

demolitio

Son of Godzilla said:
No, the codes were good for any of the EA items. You enter a code for Dr. Pepper, it gives you a code for the EA store, you choose your prize.
Not the ones he was talking about. They made you claim a Mass Effect prize...

I know the other ones work for whatever game you want.

You know I have zero faith that the 1943 veteran issue will be fixed before launch. I'm going to have to rent bad company 1 to make sure I have access to the Garand on Day 1.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So yeah guys, if you want to buy a Dr. Pepper for me... its cool. :lol

Lkr

IcebergSlim3000 said:
You know I have zero faith that the 1943 veteran issue will be fixed before launch. I'm going to have to rent bad company 1 to make sure I have access to the Garand on Day 1.
Don't feel too bad, I can't get 2142, 1942, or Vietnam to work for Veteran

Klocker

CcrooK said:
That pistol with rapid fire or whatever. wtf. That's awesome.

this game is friggin incredible... can not believe I played nearly 50 hours on a limited demo and no (few) upgrades. The full thing looks unreal

I'd like to bring up something that I have yet to see addressed from anyone. I'm streaming music from my computer while playing. The problem is whenever I go into the next round the music stops and doesn't come back on. I have never had this problem before. It happens in other games sometimes when a cinema is playing.

For some reason when loading a round the music stays off. When I bring up the menu I can't even go in to my music because the option isn't even on. In order to get it playing again I have to actually go all the way back to the dashboard. Has any one experienced this. The music plays fine till the end of the round then that's it.

I can't imagine having this problem with the full release. Not being able to stream your music while playing breaks some rules somewhere I would assume.

Yopis

This game does look amazing.Is there any real difference between ps3 and 360 versions I should have my ps3 back when this drops.Ive been playing on my 360 but have not had time with ps3 demo.What do you guys think?I have a good number of friends on both systems.I know the pc version is gonna be sick.

IcebergSlim3000 said:
I'd like to bring up something that I have yet to see addressed from anyone. I'm streaming music from my computer while playing. The problem is whenever I go into the next round the music stops and doesn't come back on. I have never had this problem before. It happens in other games sometimes when a cinema is playing.

For some reason when loading a round the music stays off. When I bring up the menu I can't even go in to my music because the option isn't even on. In order to get it playing again I have to actually go all the way back to the dashboard. Has any one experienced this. The music plays fine till the end of the round then that's it.
oh yeah, i forgot about that. it seems like after the game takes over the audio to play the loading screen music, the game doesn't 'tell' the custom soundtrack it can continue playing now.

Yopis said:
This game does look amazing.Is there any real difference between ps3 and 360 versions I should have my ps3 back when this drops.Ive been playing on my 360 but have not had time with ps3 demo.What do you guys think?I have a good number of friends on both systems.I know the pc version is gonna be sick.
ps3 runs slightly worse on paper, 360 has weird vegetation.

oh, and there's the whole L1 to aim, R1 to shoot thing that some people will have issues with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom