• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Mully said:
So I know it's not gonna be a while until we hear more about Battlefield 3, but do you all think that Destruction will be back for BF3?

BTW are those all the maps that are going to be included in the retail version? Seems kinda small to me.

BF maps have a long lifespan because of their size and the flexible nature of the game. A lot longer than any typical shooter. Then you have variation of maps based on game mode which mixes things up a bit further.

DICE has also committed to DLC maps and things.

I have no idea about BF3.

Druz

Darklord said:
I haven't played the game yet but after watching some HD gameplay...holy shit, this looks STUNNING. Just...wow. I rarely get blown away by graphics these days but there is just something about this game, maybe the level of destruction and amazing explosions. I can't wait to play it. I hope the PC community gets a decent number of people, I really want this to be my Battlefield 3 before the actual Battlefield 3.

This is probably going to be quite big on PC.

pix

logen9999 said:
not sure if this was posted but it's a walkthrough of the PC version. goes into PC specific features like advanced graphics options and server browsing stuff.

one thing i noticed is how good that guy's hit detection is compared to mine. i really hope this is resolved in the final build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DNGWzutU9E&feature=player_embedded

It was posted, but its ok. One thing I wanna know is why he said that FPS won't be locked anymore. What FPS was the BETA locked at? I got over 30 FPS according to EVGA Precision. And its nice that the FoV will be customizable.

IceMarker

Sorry if this has been asked already, but what's the benefit of pre-ordering BF:BC2 and can you still unlock the WWII weapons if you don't?

recklessmind said:
Anyone know from the PC beta?

PC beta didn't have hardcore mode. There were several servers with modded ini's that tried to replicate HC mode, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a setting that they could turn on in the beta.

Evolved1

Mr. Snrub said:
PC beta didn't have hardcore mode. There were several servers with modded ini's that tried to replicate HC mode, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a setting that they could turn on in the beta.

Ok... thanks. I was watching Youtube videos trying to figure out what was going on... guess I'll just have to wait for retail.

logen9999 said:
not sure if this was posted but it's a walkthrough of the PC version. goes into PC specific features like advanced graphics options and server browsing stuff.

one thing i noticed is how good that guy's hit detection is compared to mine. i really hope this is resolved in the final build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DNGWzutU9E&feature=player_embedded

There was also a DICE dev who said they played with a higher damage model for the game and liked it, so hopefully all the guns, overall, will be a bit more lethal.

Don't think I'll be picking this one up. i played the demo, and I thought it was much better than MW2. No overpowered kill streak BS. However, I'm starting to move away from competitive multiplayer, and more toward co-op. So this game has no co-op, and unfortunately, I don't think I will be buying it. I just can't invest the hours and hours it takes to become good at competitive and unlocking all the guns, etc.

palpabl_purpura said:
Don't think I'll be picking this one up. i played the demo, and I thought it was much better than MW2. No overpowered kill streak BS. However, I'm starting to move away from competitive multiplayer, and more toward co-op. So this game has no co-op, and unfortunately, I don't think I will be buying it. I just can't invest the hours and hours it takes to become good at competitive and unlocking all the guns, etc.

I actually think the devs have talked about adding in co-op as DLC sometime in the future.

Done with the demo. Ready for the main game (hopefully Friday).

The demo just now features assholes sitting in tanks in the spawn shooting down helis or snipers camped on a ridge the entire match.

Also, fuck if I'm tired of the Port Valdez map.

Nice thread, can't wait for next Tuesday, this will be my first Battlefield purchase on day 1, I hated MW2 in every possible way, switching sides now :D

Mr Sandman said:
A few months old but this video gets me so pumped for Panama Canal. Looks like an awesome conquest map.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrnm6SeAaRI&annotation_id=annotation_471123&feature=iv

Love the part where the guy in front clears the tank with the quad. :lol

Ahahaha, never noticed that.

When I saw all these EA Battlefield Moments vids, I thought, "That's cool, even if it's staged". But I'll be goddamned if I haven't had similar, if not cooler, experiences than the ones in the BF moments vids.

Tonight shall be a night to remember!

Ok, I think I'm going to make a new PC meetup thread with proper Steam/GAF/Soldier names and possibly our Mumble/Vent and favorites servers. Any objections?

Fersis, were you gonna do one?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mr. Snrub said:
Ok, I think I'm going to make a new PC meetup thread with proper Steam/GAF/Soldier names and possibly our Mumble/Vent and favorites servers. Any objections?

You're free to do it. But someone already made a PC meetup thread. (Check the OP i put the link there)

Mr. Snrub said:

I think he asked before in the only PC meetup thread and just decided to leave them separate. If i may give a suggestion if a new one is made can you or Fersis add the GAF Mumble server to the meet up thread and a link to download it? I have the address so just ask if you need it guys :).

Fersis said:
You're free to do it. But someone already made a PC meetup thread. (Check the OP i put the link there)

Yeah but the OP previously only had the soldier names. Looks like he's putting GAF names up there now...problem solved!

abuC

Im in love with the Apache! I wasn't much of a flyboy in BC1, but so far Im hammering teams with the apache. If you have a good gunner you're going to clean-up nicely.

darkwing

i got my pre-order ready :D

preOrder.jpg

Klocker

Irish said:
I love it when you load a Quad up with C4 only to have it taken by some idiot who wants to park it behind the construction site. Of course, they couldn't have taken the empty Quad next to me because that would have been too much trouble.

yea I drive down the hill a bit to get away from the base spawners while I load up... of course my own squad has spawned on me and grabbed the bitch while I was loading up too... bastages :lol

mr_nothin

Banned
palpabl_purpura said:
Ummmm, it's like 1 BIG co-op mode....
Especially rush mode with 4v4. Not squad vs squad...thats not in the beta

Is there any jets/planes in this game ? Not any in the beta and loved them in battlefield 2.

Also can you really not swim in this game at all or was it just because it was a snow level with cold water in the beta ?

Milk Lizard said:
Is there any jets/planes in this game ? Not any in the beta and loved them in battlefield 2.

Also can you really not swim in this game at all or was it just because it was a snow level with cold water in the beta ?

I'm roughly 90% sure I was swimming at one point after I fell out of a crashing helicopter.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Milk Lizard said:

I don't think the maps are big enough for modern jets. Wait for Battlefield 3.

And you can swim in the beta. I have no idea what you're talking about here :lol

Milk Lizard said:

You could swin on Arica Harbor.

But no jets/plane.

abuC

Irish said:
I love it when you load a Quad up with C4 only to have it taken by some idiot who wants to park it behind the construction site. Of course, they couldn't have taken the empty Quad next to me because that would have been too much trouble.

That sucks, another thing I hate is when Im in the tank and I have a gunner who isn't from my squad. After I take some damage, I back up and jump out to repair it, and then someone spawns on the gunner and drives off with the tank. I usually stop repairing it when I see someone who isn't from my squad take over as the driver, cause more often than not they just drive down the road right into the middle of the enemy base and die.

Ysiadmihi said:
I don't think the maps are big enough for modern jets. Wait for Battlefield 3.

And you can swim in the beta. I have no idea what you're talking about here :lol

You die if you're in the water for too long, I believe.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
rainking187 said:
I'm roughly 90% sure I was swimming at one point after I fell out of a crashing helicopter.

You can swim but on the demo map getting in the water puts you out of the battlefield. You have 10 seconds to get back into the field or suicide.

So unless you are right on the shoreline your ass is drowning.

Mr. Snrub said:
You die if you're in the water for too long, I believe.
yeah if you're in over 10 seconds it's a suicide. you can still swim around the side of the 3rd base if you go up every ladder then drop off into the water again as soon as you're out of the water.

Thank god this is coming out soon! MW2 was completely broken and the recent changes to Uncharted 2 MP has made me play the hell out of the demo! I am craving new weapons and new maps!!!!!

Evolved1

I'm so happy with this game... outside of proximity chat in vehicles, I don't think there's any complaint I had from BC1 they didn't address.

No prone/lean isn't even that big of deal imo now that they've made some other tweaks.

Game of forever imo. The Garand, Springfield, and M14 are just icing... ugh... wait for retail is killing me.

logen9999

Banned
is there a preference between getting this over steam VS picking it up in the store. i dont really care about documentation but i believe installing a retail store copy allows you easier access to ini files. as opposed to modifying ini on steam which get reset every so often.

Is this accurate, or do i not know what i'm talking about?

logen9999 said:
is there a preference between getting this over steam VS picking it up in the store. i dont really care about documentation but i believe installing a retail store copy allows you easier access to ini files. as opposed to modifying ini on steam which get reset every so often.

Is this accurate, or do i not know what i'm talking about?

Depending on your pc specs the only real difference is that on the PC version you have an unlocked frame rate and you can have a high res and aa.

demolitio

Don't forget to get your Dr. Pepper caps for the free DLC! :D

Buy a Specially (has EA LOGO , Capt. Sheppard, BFBC2 Tank, & Sims 3 Logo) marked Dr Pepper product (20/16/14 OZ BOTTLES or 7/11 Fountain Cup) to get a code, go to DRPEPPER.COM enter the code and get a piece of DLC.

In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon. Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement

Got the info from CAG a while ago.

Olivero

I cannot wait for this game. Based on my demo impressions (logged over 30 hours) this may very well be my favorite FPS of all time.

Evolved1

demolitio said:

Buy a Specially (has EA LOGO , Capt. Sheppard, BFBC2 Tank, & Sims 3 Logo) marked Dr Pepper product (20/16/14 OZ BOTTLES or 7/11 Fountain Cup) to get a code, go to DRPEPPER.COM enter the code and get a piece of DLC.

In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon. Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement

Got the info from CAG a while ago.

(emphasis mine)

I wonder what that means...

logen9999

Banned
SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
Depending on your pc specs the only real difference is that on the PC version you have an unlocked frame rate and you can have a high res and aa.

no i'm talking about the steam version and the retail store bought PC version. not consoles

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
demolitio said:

I actually love Dr. Pepper so I don't mind this at all. I wonder is this stuff exclusive or will it be able to be unlocked through playing at some point anyway?

AndyD

aka andydumi
SolidsnackooFoxhound said:

And 32 players in mp vs 24 on consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom