• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
DenogginizerOS said:
Internet Connection Required for PC. I wonder if this is a reference to the DRM.
Considering this is a MP game it's hardly a big deal if it is DRM related.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
recklessmind said:
:lol Don't need bullshit cg trailers when your game is this awesome.

Every time I watch one of the trailers on the EA youtube site once it gets to the end that drum beat at the end makes my hype for the game double.

I've watched all of the videos on the page and have heard that ending drum beat several times but it still gets me.

Anyone else?

Relax, the shotgun is fine. It is most likely because u are able to use a 12 guage slug in place if regular shells. It increases your range, but reduces damage and are unable to get headshits at extream ranges!!!
The guy gets a headshot in the video at 2:32 with a Neostead from pretty damn respectable range.

Holy crap. The kill with it towards the end is even worse. 1887 all over again. Hopefully they balance it out.
Eh, the one where it hit some barrels?

But yea that gun looks like a fucking monster. 8 friggin rounds too!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Ikuu said:
Considering this is a MP game it's hardly a big deal if it is DRM related.
There is a SP to this and with games recently such as Mass Effect 2 having problems loading when the EA Servers are down, it very well could be relevant. I know that BF games don't traditionally have a SP to worry about, but I am not a fan of this "always on" DRM that is showing up more and more in games from EA (Command and Conquer 4) and Ubisoft(Assassin's Creed 2). If I pay for a game and that game has offline SP features, I should be able to play even when the EA servers are down or my internet is off.

Been going back and forth on this game but the promise of day one map DLC convinced me. Not to mention the $20 Amazon credit for a future game and the $35 credit I already had :D. Got it for $28 with release day shipping (not sure how that works as I've never used it).

I'm gonna be sooo broke though :(

Cobra84

Son of Godzilla said:
The guy gets a headshot in the video at 2:32 with a Neostead from pretty damn respectable range.
Considering you can't really aim shotguns like the rest of the guns, it was a lucky shot with a slug.

Binabik15

New vids are always nice. The following picture is every sensible gamer after seeing a BC2 vid:

2i0deo6.jpg

RbBrdMan said:
I called it first! :lol
Check the demo thread

I like Official Thread of keeping Fersis happy also though.

Check the PC Beta thread...

...bitch :D

I have 1 month to play online after it comes out, but I think it´ll be worth it.

Cobra84 said:
Considering you can't really aim shotguns like the rest of the guns, it was a lucky shot with a slug.

I´m not thinking about having a bit of see through tape with a dot on my screen for better aiming, no sir!

DietRob

TheLegendary said:

But it will consume your life as long as you have enough to pay your internet bill. I got release day shipping with Amazon also and this is my first time using that feature so I'm curious if it will show up on March 2 as well.

Binabik15 said:
Check the PC Beta thread...

...bitch:D

Damn you... master race wins again..

gibration said:

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=161858

STOCKHOLM--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ:ERTS), today announced that two massive, all-new multiplayer maps for Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 will be unlocked on March 2nd when the game launches in North America. This map pack features the Laguna Alta map playable in Conquest mode and Nelson Bay map playable in Rush mode, bringing the total number of multiplayer maps up to 10. Later in March, DICE will release yet another map pack at no extra charge*, giving players a chance to experience the Arica Harbor map in Conquest mode and Laguna Presa map in Rush mode. Available in the box, the content packs are unlocked by simply inputting a VIP code**.

“Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will redefine online modern warfare on March 2. We are deeply committed to the FPS community and Battlefield fans worldwide,” said Patrick Bach, Senior Producer for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. “These first two map packs are just the beginning. We’re planning ongoing support for the community by always keeping the experience fresh and ensuring the best possible gameplay experience.”

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is setting a new standard for action games with the quality of its highly detailed, war-torn landscapes and massive, destructible environments. The game’s tactical destruction shakes up the gameplay delivering epic battles never before seen in a modern warfare game.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be in stores on March 2, 2010 in North America and March 4, 2010 in Europe for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the PC. The Limited Edition of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 can be pre-ordered now on all platforms at no extra cost, with participating retailers worldwide (while supplies last). For more information on DICE, please visit www.dice.se. For more information on Battlefield: Bad Company 2 please visit: www.badcompany2.ea.com. Or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2.

* Included with purchase of new game. Internet connection required.

** VIP codes included in the shrink-wrapped box. Those players that do not have a code can purchase one via the in-game store for $15. PC players will get the content as a game update. Internet connection required.

Looks like the VIP codes reward new-purchases.

georgc

MotorbreathX said:

still won't work :( I had to get creative to see the video. I used remote deskto to go on my pc at home, then I downloaded the video from YouTube. Then I used airvideo witch is a app that auto converts and streams media from my pc to my phone. I know it was a stupid amount if steps to take to see a video, but in glad I did it cause that night map looks GREAT!!!!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
shagg_187 said:
HOLY SHIT, A NIGHT MAP!!

Now this is where we NEED to rename thread title to "Battlefield Bad Company 2: Official Thread of Pressing Select/Back/Q to pot enemies in the night!"

I mean judging from the video, spotting is the KEY to kicking ass in the night!

Oh god that night map looks amazing. Aliasing will probably be minimized in there as well, which is an extra plus.

TheLegendary said:
Been going back and forth on this game but the promise of day one map DLC convinced me. Not to mention the $20 Amazon credit for a future game and the $35 credit I already had :D. Got it for $28 with release day shipping (not sure how that works as I've never used it).

The three times I've had release day shipping, every game was on my porch the day of release. Never had a problem getting it there on time.

RavenFox

Banned
Got my CLUB SLI Nvidia newsletter email yesterday and BBC2 supports 3D Vision. Also for being an SLI member I got Dark Void free of charge.:D
Awesome night trailer.

Cynar

Quixzlizx said:
I'm terrible with the shotgun. Is it headshot or bust, because I died 3 or 4 times with it after getting off the first shot and never getting a kill, so I rage-switched back to the SCAR. :lol

yeah, shotgun is fine really :)

RavenFox said:
Got my CLUB SLI Nvidia newsletter email yesterday and BBC2 supports 3D Vision. Also for being an SLI member I got Dark Void free of charge.:D
Awesome night trailer.

nVidia??? What is this 1998?? :lol :lol

/elitist ATi fanboyism

I can think of a lot worse freebies than Dark Void, just give me a few minutes......

georgc said:
still won't work :( I had to get creative to see the video. I used remote deskto to go on my pc at home, then I downloaded the video from YouTube. Then I used airvideo witch is a app that auto converts and streams media from my pc to my phone. I know it was a stupid amount if steps to take to see a video, but in glad I did it cause that night map looks GREAT!!!!

lol I just searched for it under the YouTube app and found one that worked. But if that worked too. :lol

So...for those of us who can't view the pics in this thread due to network restrictions at work, can someone give a brief description of the multiplayer maps (besides Port Valdez)??

Mystagogue said:
So...for those of us who can't view the pics in this thread due to network restrictions at work, can someone give a brief description of the multiplayer maps (besides Port Valdez)??
Well, you've got your ports with snow and your ports with desert.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Mystagogue said:

One is at night and one is at dawn/dusk with very lateral light and long shadows. Beyond that, you have to see the video, plus there is not much detail in the videos.

Brakara

The Faceless Master said:
wow, i wonder how some people not having the maps affects the map rotation...

Gears 2 was the same, as it had its own map pack for new copies only. Those maps rarely came up in the normal rotation though, and eventually they had to add a separate playlist for those maps. Basically, it was bullshit and I hope BC2 doesn't turn out the same way.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
KittyKittyBangBang said:

/elitist ATi fanboyism

I can think of a lot worse freebies than Dark Void, just give me a few minutes......
Ok , that made me laugh.

KittyKittyBangBang said:
on the contrary for me, this may be the only game I need for the next 6+months, keeping me from spending my normal $60+ dollars a month on games

Hopefully that'll be the case. But knowing Splinter Cell comes out in April and Alan Wake the following month and all of those XBL Arcade games means I know I'll be getting a game a month for the next 3 months :( . That damn $20 Amazon credit helps but it also hurts because now I'll be justify gettign the game since it's cheaper, even though I shouldn't even be spending that much as a broke college student.

But if BC2 keeps my attention then maybe I'll muster the self control to hold off anyway. Looks like this could be the game that would do it :D.

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
KittyKittyBangBang said:

/elitist ATi fanboyism

Lol. BFBC2 is gonna run great on that overclocked Ti4200

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Oh, we're going to get customizable FoV after all? Cool. Though I've already gotten used to the uhhh 20 degrees or whatever crazy shit they have it set to in the beta.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey RbBrdMan, you HAVE to buy the PS3 version.
>8(

EviLore said:
Oh, we're going to get customizable FoV after all? Cool. Though I've already gotten used to the uhhh 20 degrees or whatever crazy shit they have it set to in the beta.
Yeah, the PC version has custom FoV. (Though there's a limit)

dralla said:
any word on training? I'd rather learn to fly by myself before jumping online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrnXJYLI8ac
wtf @ 2:32, shotguns can shoot that far? I hope the game doesn't get crazy imbalanced :[
You can tell he's using Slugs because of the + shape aiming reticule. Buckshot has a cone reticule. In the PS3 Beta, you could Headshot from REALLY FUCKING FAR with Shotguns and the Sabot Slug/Marksman Bullet perk combo. You could One Shot from literally 5x the distance of the shot in the video. The patch notes said they toned the distance down, but really, how much can they tone down the range before there's no point to using Slugs over Buckshot?

EviLore said:
yeah, it's customizable on PC and iirc the limit is 180, so no peeking behind.

i'm actually thinking about the insane idea of TRIPLE DIPPING, but i'd have to build a new desktop.

DietRob

Fersis said:
Hey RbBrdMan, you HAVE to buy the PS3 version.
>8(

Yeah, the PC version has custom FoV. (Though there's a limit)

Yes, Fersis the PS3 version is the one that I've pre-ordered from amazon. We will dominate on our squad.

PC will come later for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom