• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violater

CcrooK said:
For console players? Sure. Why not. PC is free. :D

I'm referring to the second pack, yea pc master race and all that.
Us console peasants like free stuff too.
my pc is probably better than yours

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
SolidsnackooFoxhound said:

:lol

I've been a console peasant for a long time.

Just within the past year have I been asked into the castle to mingle with the master race.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The only traitor here are people who won't buy this game!

Don't fight each other, fight the scrubs who ain't using Select/Back-button!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Violater said:
I'm referring to the second pack, yea pc master race and all that.
Us console peasants like free stuff too.
my pc is probably better than yours

Can you not read or something:

today announced that two massive, all-new multiplayer maps for Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 will be unlocked on March 2nd when the game launches in North America. This map pack features the Laguna Alta map playable in Conquest mode and Nelson Bay map playable in Rush mode, bringing the total number of multiplayer maps up to 10. Later in March, DICE will release yet another map pack at no extra charge*, giving players a chance to experience the Arica Harbor map in Conquest mode and Laguna Presa map in Rush mode. Available in the box, the content packs are unlocked by simply inputting a VIP code**.

* Included with purchase of new game. Internet connection required.

** VIP codes included in the shrink-wrapped box. Those players that do not have a code can purchase one via the in-game store for $15. PC players will get the content as a game update. Internet connection required.

The first map pack is free for everybody everywhere. Later march, dice will release another map pack free for those that have the VIP Codes from a new game purchase (if somebody already used these vip codes and you bought their used copy, you can buy the new map pack later in march for 15 usd) , and it's free through an Update on the PC.

Violater

drizzle said:
Can you not read or something:

The first map pack is free for everybody everywhere. Later march, dice will release another map pack free for those that have the VIP Codes from a new game purchase (if somebody already used these vip codes and you bought their used copy, you can buy the new map pack later in march for 15 usd) , and it's free through an Update on the PC.

No need to be a dick man.
I was just reading what was on the BF blog http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...battlefield-bad-company-2-day-1-map-pack.aspx
Asked a simple question FFS and people jump up my ass.

RavenFox

Banned
Yoshichan said:
The only traitor here are people who won't buy this game!

Don't fight each other, fight the scrubs who ain't using Select/Back-button!
Had a great game lastnight with a bud of mine and the team we were on were spotting everything that was in range. It was awesome and allowed everyone to work together efficiently.

Some of what makes this game awesome is how the vehicles blow up. They remind me of a flashier version of BF42. You shoot them with a rocket, a little delay, and BOOM!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
MotorbreathX said:
Some of what makes this game awesome is how the vehicles blow up. They remind me of a flashier version of BF42. You shoot them with a rocket, a little delay, and BOOM!

The birds going down is most fun to watch imo... tail spin and everything. :lol

edit: On an unrelated note... I bought five Dr. Peppers yesterday.

Can you use the code on the BC2 stuff yet?

LowParry

Peasants and Royals should unite! Games like this really really need to be cross platform MP. It would make for great wars. PC versus Console, 360 vs PS3. It's freaking gold! Goooooold!

recklessmind said:
The birds going down is most fun to watch imo... tail spin and everything. :lol

edit: On an unrelated note... I bought five Dr. Peppers yesterday.

Can you use the code on the BC2 stuff yet?
no, not until March 1st.

Evolved1

The Faceless Master said:
no, not until March 1st.

Crap. I'm really annoyed by this camo thing... i want answers! :lol

You know... turns out diet Dr. Pepper really does taste a lot like regular Dr. Pepper.

recklessmind said:

You know... turns out diet Dr. Pepper really does taste a lot like regular Dr. Pepper.
i agree, i hate
diet soda and it's the only one i can tolerate

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
CcrooK said:
Peasants and Royals should unite! Games like this really really need to be cross platform MP. It would make for great wars. PC versus Console, 360 vs PS3. It's freaking gold! Goooooold!

Nah, PC gamers have the lowest difficulty bots in Battlefield 2 single player available for that sort of experience :D

Evolved1

Meanwhile analog control allows for more natural, weighty aiming, that better simulates skill with a weapon, for those who don't prefer the point-and-click headshots.

shit... I just got perma'd didn't I.

mclaren777

This commercial is fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW1ibPmqGa8&fmt=35

And it's only a matter of time now! :D

dn0qo1.jpg

desu

EviLore said:
Nah, PC gamers have the lowest difficulty bots in Battlefield 2 single player available for that sort of experience :D

Man that made my day xD.

One more week for me =/.

recklessmind said:

So is the Dr. Pepper clearly marked with BC2 stuff, or is it just EA markings?

Binabik15

Yay, myself-built-but-not-turning -on pc has been sent back from the store where I bought it (well, the parts). If it boots I´ll double dip for BC2, PC version for glorious 60 fps plus AA single player, PS3 version for not having to play Quake trained twitch shooting kb/m headshot monsters.

The commercial reminds me, few things are better than sidestepping a quad with two people trying to run you over and putting them down like dogs :lol

Evolved1

Mr. Snrub said:
So is the Dr. Pepper clearly marked with BC2 stuff, or is it just EA markings?

The bottles themselves show an Abrams and say BC2.

The actual website doesn't mention BC2 as far as I can see... and I've been looking. Only mention is BF: Heroes. Some one posted a PR blurb earlier in the thread that actually described the Dr.Pep bonus content, but no link. I'm not sure where they got that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EviLore said:
Oh shit!

cresto

theluma said:
I don't get it. If the DLC is free then why isn't it on the disk?
It's EA's way of trumping used video game sales. You get a code in every new copy for this "store." The store allows you access to things that are otherwise unattainable. If you pick this game up used, you don't get a code to access the store and have to buy it for $15 through whatever outlet (psn, xbl, pc)

theluma said:
I don't get it. If the DLC is free then why isn't it on the disk?
Maybe because the devs didn't finish it before the game "went gold." Games get finished usually at least a month before release. That's enough time for them to finish up some unfinished content.

savor100

I really want to get this but I'm not good with FPS games, however I had a blast with the demo. Only problem is that in MP if you don't do things right people from your team yell at you like they life depend on a stupid online game. I really wonder what's wrong with people sometimes but this is the kind of stuff that really annoys me and keeps me away from games like MAG and this

savor100 said:
I really want to get this but I'm not good with FPS games, however I had a blast with the demo. Only problem is that in MP if you don't do things right people from your team yell at you like they life depend on a stupid online game. I really wonder what's wrong with people sometimes but this is the kind of stuff that really annoys me and keeps me away from games like MAG and this
Just turn off voice chat. Problem solved.

It sucks, people are jerks. But those types of people probably aren't being very strategic in the first place, you won't be missing much by refusing to listen.

Got excited there for a while.

"Later in March, DICE will release yet another map pack"
Yes?
"at no extra charge"
Yes!
"giving players a chance to experience"
YES?!
"the Arica Harbor map in Conquest mode and Laguna Presa map in Rush mode."
:|

So yeah, this is just part of EA's "ten dollar project". It bothers me somewhat when they try to push this kind of stuff as "free DLC" when it's just a bunch of hassle to get access to stuff you paid for.

hylje said:
DLC is on the disk. One has only simply to unlock it.
Sounds like the second LC is D.

ergo said:
It's EA's way of trumping used video game sales. You get a code in every new copy for this "store." The store allows you access to things that are otherwise unattainable. If you pick this game up used, you don't get a code to access the store and have to buy it for $15 through whatever outlet (psn, xbl, pc)
This, and against illegal downloading.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
VibratingDonkey said:

Yes?
"at no extra charge"
Yes!
YES?!

So yeah, this is just part of EA's "ten dollar project". It bothers me somewhat when they try to push this kind of stuff as "free DLC" when it's just a bunch of hassle to get access to stuff you paid for.

So inputting a code is a bunch of hassle?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Prophet Steve said:
This, and against illegal downloading.
Doesn't stop people downloading the games, you can download all of the added content for Mass Effect 2.

VibratingDonkey said:

Yes?
"at no extra charge"
Yes!
YES?!

Sounds like the second LC is D.

It's been done before, except it was the entire game you didn't get access to if it was pirated or used.

"What is the fourth word in the second paragraph on page seven of the instruction manual?"

And I haven't even gotten into the code wheels...

A company is allowed to try to protect it's product. EA is trying and I encourage them to continue to do so.

If people can't hold onto a simple code by keeping it in the box that the game came in...well...maybe those people need to try a different hobby.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
There's your title change. I catch any of you playing on my squad and not spotting, I'm going to blow a gasket in your earhole

U2NUMB

savor100 said:

Find some Gaf people to run with. Learn the game and really find out how awesome it can be with a full squad working together. Nothing better... even if you"Suck" at FPS games I really believe you can find a way to help the team in this game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
bishoptl said:
There's your title change. I catch any of you playing on my squad and not spotting, I'm going to blow a gasket in your earhole
Do you play on console? :3

hylje

bishoptl said:

My Q button finally faded out in beta.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Fersis said:
Do you play on console? :3
yup, console peasant here - my home PC is a POS

I played the first PS3 beta, then the second on 360 - I'll probably flip a coin at the store when I go buy a copy.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
bishoptl said:
yup, console peasant here - my home PC is a POS

I played the first PS3 beta, then the second on 360 - I'll probably flip a coin at the store when I go buy a copy.
I have this awesome coin, it has a PS3 on one side and a PS3 on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom