• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
bishoptl said:
yup, console peasant here - my home PC is a POS

I played the first PS3 beta, then the second on 360 - I'll probably flip a coin at the store when I go buy a copy.

360 Foo!!!!!

Though I may double dip anyway.

Raide

I will be playing Support and Spotting people like an angry mother. I also enjoy walking, reading books and using my SMG to annoy the enemy Snipers. :lol

It comes with a $20 coupon at amazon. I'm not even sure if I want the game, but that kind of a deal makes me intersted in at least trying the demo more so I can make a confident decision.

It's probably because Gamestop locked up the one multiplayer mode.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Class_A_Ninja said:
It comes with a $20 coupon at amazon. I'm not even sure if I want the game, but that kind of a deal makes me intersted in at least trying the demo more so I can make a confident decision.

It's probably because Gamestop locked up the one multiplayer mode.

Console demo is ovah..
Not sure about PC beta though. Just get the game you won't be disappointed.

Binabik15

Raide said:
I will be playing Support and Spotting people like an angry mother. I also enjoy walking, reading books and using my SMG to annoy the enemy Snipers. :lol

Spotting a sniper and shooting the orange sign with short burst across half the map till he dies is priceless :D

DietRob

Binabik15 said:
Spotting a sniper and shooting the orange sign with short burst across half the map till he dies is priceless :D

If the sniper is worth his salt he would have already spotted you and blamo bullet between the eyes.

bigdaddygamebot said:
It's been done before, except it was the entire game you didn't get access to if it was pirated or used.

"What is the fourth word in the second paragraph on page seven of the instruction manual?"

And I haven't even gotten into the code wheels...

A company is allowed to try to protect it's product. EA is trying and I encourage them to continue to do so.

If people can't hold onto a simple code by keeping it in the box that the game came in...well...maybe those people need to try a different hobby.
well, as seen in the past, there have been problems like printing errors, codes not being in boxes, etc, and consumers are allowed to complain about things they don't like. of course, the company has no obligation to listen to consumer complaints...

Fersis said:
I have this awesome coin, it has a PS3 on one side and a PS3 on the other.

what he said, select button is easier to get to then the back button :p

Looks like I'll be getting it Day 1 as well, too bad I have 3 midterms next week.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I demand retribution!

You changed my thread title, so you know have to get the PS3 version.
Its the fair thing to do >8(

The Faceless Master said:
well, as seen in the past, there have been problems like printing errors, codes not being in boxes, etc, and consumers are allowed to complain about things they don't like. of course, the company has no obligation to listen to consumer complaints...

I know all about those printing errors. If a company wants to exert more control over their product and encourage people to buy a new copy of their games through the use of "codes", then they need to make sure the process is bulletproof.

So far, it doesn't seem like EA has made a cluster-fuck of Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 codes and there's no reason to expect to suddenly screw it up with Bad Company.

Dries

theluma said:
From EA's twitter:

"#BFBC2 news: Free map pack will be available to those who purchase the limited edition. Check them out here: http://bit.ly/cR1JjG. 4 days!"

Ok now I am really confused :S

It would be fucking retarded if the ''normal'' edition doesn't get those maps..

DietRob

bigdaddygamebot said:
So far, it doesn't seem like EA has made a cluster-fuck of Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 codes and there's no reason to expect to suddenly screw it up with Bad Company.

Both of those games and the DLC worked perfect for me. I think he is more or less just against the idea in general and trying to throw out scenarios that paint it as failing. Your right there is no reason to 'expect' issues with the way it's being handled.

Man, they're really going after MW2. Awesome :)

I posted this earlier in the thread, but got no answer. I stayed away from the demo since I have a big enough backlog as it is, so I'd like to ask how does BF2 control on the console? Is it similar to BC1?

squinters

astigmatic
Those new maps look awesome, but I wasn't planning on getting the game till late April - early May. Does anyone know how long the limited edition will be sold?

DietRob

SirButterstick said:
I posted this earlier in the thread, but got no answer. I stayed away from the demo since I have a big enough backlog as it is, so I'd like to ask how does BF2 control on the console? Is it similar to BC1?

I only played the SP of the BC1 but from what I remember I guess the mechanics are the same. It controls like a FPS dude.

If you could elaborate on your question a little we might be able to help.

demolitio

Dries said:

It would be fucking retarded if the ''normal'' edition doesn't get those maps..

But what place doesn't sell the limited edition right now? It's everywhere and it's the same price, so it sounds like they're just rewarding those who buy the game early as a thank you of sorts.

Menelaus

Banned
squinters said:
Those new maps look awesome, but I wasn't planning on getting the game till late April - early May. Does anyone know how long the limited edition will be sold?
LE = only for preorders, or so i heard.

SirButterstick said:
Man, they're really going after MW2. Awesome :)

kind of similar, but it's click to sprint (yay!) instead of hold to sprint!

Well, there was a big difference between Modern Warfare and Bad Company . . . I hoping the controls have the same feel as BC1 and BF 1943 on the console. I hope they didn't go the MW route and speed everything up.

DietRob

SirButterstick said:
Well, there was a big difference between Modern Warfare and Bad Company . . . I hoping the controls have the same feel as BC1 and BF 1943 on the console. I hope they didn't go the MW route and speed everything up.

No it's certainly a less hectic pace than MW. Thus the reason I like it so much.

Seep

demolitio said:
But what place doesn't sell the limited edition right now? It's everywhere and it's the same price, so it sounds like they're just rewarding those who buy the game early as a thank you of sorts.

Play.com and HMV don't have the LE.

RS4-

Posting from phone so I can't exactly heck the LE map thing, but is that fir all platforms? Considering that it's EA, it's safe to assume that the map pack isn't free on pc?

I don't really have an issue with EA's project 10 dollar thing since I buy all my games new unless they're old and hard to find. But I think this is the first multiplayer game (or as multiplayer-focused as Battlefield) which I can kind of see causing issues. I'm renting this after it comes out (since I normally wait for games to go below £20-25 before I get them and I have bunch of other PS3 games to get through at the moment so it would be a waste to pay full price) so I don't think I'll be getting the free maps.

Az

I've put several hours into the first Bad Company and it does feel similar. Comparing to any other FPS in the recent years I believe this handles the best. Everything clicked with me perfectly.

I still suck with the knife though. Really need to get used to having to press R2 a bit early for my guy to pull it out on time.

Seep

Menelaus said:
Read again, it's on the disc. You just get a code to unlock it.

So you split the on-line community on it's first day of release. which genius thought of this wonderful idea.

Salami Inferno

Neo Member
Well, there aren't really any used copies on the first day so the community won't be split then. You might start splitting it after the first week when people are trading in the discs.

Seep

Salami Inferno said:
Well, there aren't really any used copies on the first day so the community won't be split then. You might start splitting it after the first week when people are trading in the discs.

LE vs non LE means there will be a split.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Seep said:
So you split the on-line community on it's first day of release. which genius thought of this wonderful idea.
First day used copies?
But yeah, i can understand someone getting mad over this. I dont plan to sell the game so...

The 360 demo is the best vs. multiplayer I've seen on the system. Day one with release day delivery from Amazon! $20 in future credit is nice, too.

Add me to your 360 lists: Count Elmdor

I really don't get how they're counting the maps. They say the day 1 dlc brings it up to ten, but these are just rush/conquest variants? Well counting the variants of the others shouldn't there be more considering that there is 9 unique maps? /Confuzzled.

EDIT: I think I understand now...so bascially the maps are only going to be tailored to one game mode for now until they release all(?) of them as "dlc."

Lame. I was looking forward to at least 80% conquest. Rush kinda blows. Hope I am wrong!

Seep said:
LE vs non LE means there will be a split.
There's no reason to believe non-LE versions won't get the code just because LE ones do. This is about as silly as when everyone got riled up over the "Knife Your Friends" achievement. It will be in every copy.

Cynar

SirButterstick said:

You should've tried the demo the 2+ weeks it was available. It was good. No need to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom