• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, it seems like a lot of you haven't played the first BC. I loved it . . . . sunk countless hours into it, scratched up my first disc, and bought another. I agree, it's head and shoulders above MW, but I see it as a different type of game.

Seep

Son of Godzilla said:
There's no reason to believe non-LE versions won't get the code just because LE ones do. This is about as silly as when everyone got riled up over the "Knife Your Friends" achievement. It will be in every copy.

From EA's twitter:

"#BFBC2 news: Free map pack will be available to those who purchase the limited edition. Check them out here: http://bit.ly/cR1JjG. 4 days!"

i love to spot
i point my crosshairs to a direction of the enemy and just button mash the back button.

when you see any movement without a friendly tag on it, you should just keep hitting the back button. spotting goes a long long way. they really should give you assisted kill points for spotting, not sure if they do or not.

last night as an attacker, i had my tank on top of the hill. someone on my team was spotting like crazy at the building that overlooks the first crate. killed 10 in a roll. :D

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Seep said:
So you split the on-line community on it's first day of release. which genius thought of this wonderful idea.

What are you talking about? So you expect there to be a slew of first day used copies out there?

Menelaus

Banned
No, the point is that:

LE = preorders only
VIP code comes only with LE
->
New, non-LE does not come with VIP code
QED

edit: 69th post, hot

Lkr

I doubt they won't include it with regular edition. but they won't even have a regular edition at launch, so it doesn't matter.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
MMaRsu said:
Certainly true.
The Regular Edition also gets the map pack according to IGN.

IGN said:
Those who purchase Battlefield: Bad Company 2 new on consoles will receive a VIP code which can be entered online to unlock these new maps for free. However, for those who don't have the VIP code, you can purchase one for $15. PC players will receive the maps as a game update.

Dries

Mr Sandman said:
Rush kinda blows.

Wut? Rush is kickass dude. Why don't you like it? It's so fun to have some classic defense/offense fun.

Lkr said:
I doubt they won't include it with regular edition. but they won't even have a regular edition at launch, so it doesn't matter.

Ah. Guess I'll pre-order.

Menelaus

Banned
Surely I'd think the map pack is another Cerberus Network deal, considering it's part of their "Project Ten Dollar". All Mass Effect 2 copies come with the CN, not just preorders.

From Kotaku:
The VIP codes in question are packed inside every new copy of the game.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Lkr said:

That is my point in all of this. LE is the the early print of the game. Not even sure how many copies that is. A pre-order guarantees you will get a LE, but for all we know they could be around for months after release. So all this talk about splitting the audience is a bit sillly. Buy the game used or down the line and then you will have to pony up more money.

Sorry for even starting this debate. Just trying to get what I know to be true out there and not let some speculation give people the wrong idea.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok so yeah im totally lost. :lol

macfoshizzle said:
i love to spot
i point my crosshairs to a direction of the enemy and just button mash the back button.

when you see any movement without a friendly tag on it, you should just keep hitting the back button. spotting goes a long long way. they really should give you assisted kill points for spotting, not sure if they do or not.

last night as an attacker, i had my tank on top of the hill. someone on my team was spotting like crazy at the building that overlooks the first crate. killed 10 in a roll. :D
They do, you get 20 points for a Spot Assist if they die with the mark over their head and a special insignia I think if you spot assist enough enemies per round.

Violater

Fersis said:

Yea I just smile and nod otherwise I am told I have no comprehension skills. :lol

Seems to me EU is the one getting the normal edition, but who knows it could contain the vouchers as well
just doing my part to add to the cluster fuck of misinformation

Seep

dskillzhtown said:
Because no retailer has ever put the wrong box art up. Not sure what your campaign in this thread really is, but go on.

I don't know if it's the right box art do you?

And campaign? :lol :lol I've already pre-ordered I fucking love the game.

Fersis said:
I have this awesome coin, it has a PS3 on one side and a PS3 on the other.
No wonder you can't pay with that.

Still doubting between 360 and PC version, probably wait and see. Yes, I know it should be obvious but my PC can barely handle it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Seep said:
Read the thread before you assume shit.

Find me a copy of BC2 on day 1 that isn't the LE.

good luck with that

Seep said:
You forgot to keep going with your quote reduction.

From EA's twitter:

There is absolutely no reason to believe it. None. Especially after how confused EA was about it's message for the exact same promotion they ran for Mass Effect 2.

And even if you really wanted to take it as gospel, it says nothing about standard editions not getting it.

Evolved1

Violater said:
I think this is what some are referring to.

Ok... I see. But Fersis just posted IGN is saying all new retail copies get the codes... so it's a moot point either way.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Fersis said:

Honestly, I think this is part of EA's plan. I felt the same 'lost' feeling with Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2's 'special dlc'

Their plan is to confuse you so much that you say fuck it and preorder the thing. It was especially confusing for Dragon Age I remember seeing excel spreadsheets detail where you got what. That is insanity.

A VIP Code for the new maps (or variants) comes with EVERY NEW COPY of the game, Limited Edition or not. Think Cerberus Network.

The Limited Edition has 6 guns/gadgets unlocked from the start. It doesn't cost anything more than the standard edition.

Most retailers will be selling the limited edition on launch, some will have the standard edition (comes with those 6 items, you just have to unlock them yourself).

Violater

recklessmind said:
Ok... I see. But Fersis just posted IGN is saying all new retail copies get the codes... so it's a moot point either way.
:lol
Seriously lets just wait and see, especially since the places I quoted are EU based.

"Limited addition items including four unlockable vehicle related items and two classic in-game Battlefield 1943 weapons." Could very well be the only diff between the early copies of each.

Evolved1

Violater said:
:lol
Seriously lets just wait and see, especially since the places I quoted are EU based.

Haha... fair enough. I was grasping at straws with IGN. :lol

Klocker

SirButterstick said:
I stayed away from the demo since I have a big enough backlog as it is, so I'd like to ask how does BF2 control on the console? Is it similar to BC1?

the feeling of controlling your guy as you move is similar but switching back to BC1 after playing 48hrs in the demo made me feel like I was playing another game... the kits suck in BC1 compared to BC2, the functions of the buttons and the way you switch between everything is archaic and clunky in BC1 compared to BC2 not to mention the most obvious difference is it takes far less shots to down an enemy.

It is so MUCH BETTER in BC2 to do what you want, when you want, it's ridiculous.

They tweaked every single thing that annoyed me about BC1 and I played BC1 for months and months and months and bought about 3 times since release. :lol

I approve of thread change :D.

Edit: Listening to the Giant Bombcast discussing the single player campaign. Think we'll hear more about it soon?

Jtrizzy

Seep said:
Read the thread before you assume shit.

I think the entire first run of the game is the LE. I don't think it will even be possible to get the regular edition at first, but I guess this may only apply to the US

US residents who don't buy from gamestop will be out of luck for squad rush mode for one month though, I think that will be the only real segmenting of the userbase at first.

Anyone know what (specifically) the deal is with the class unlock/camo/modified weapon from Dr. Pepper?

Evolved1

Jtrizzy said:
Anyone know what (specifically) the deal is with the class unlock/camo/modified weapon from Dr. Pepper?

Not yet... it's killing me not knowing. I've drank like five Dr. Peppers yesterday/today.... :lol

I have no idea how the codes work or how many I'll need for the extra content.

endlessflood said:
So this is the MP map list as we currently know it?

Port Valdez
Arica Harbor
Panama Canal
Valparaiso
Atacama Desert
Laguna Presa
White Pass
Laguna Alta (No footage yet)
Nelson Bay (No footage yet)
Isla Inocente (No footage yet)

Man, I grew up in Valparaiso, Indiana (USA), and seeing it as the name of a map (Yes, Chile, I know...) is messin' with my head... :D

th3dude

So, I'm trying to read through the last few pages to get a handle on this Day 1 DLC. Can someone explain it to me? Is it just free maps for everyone (consoles included) on day one? Or what?

Dries said:
Wut? Rush is kickass dude. Why don't you like it? It's so fun to have some classic defense/offense fun.

Ah. Guess I'll pre-order.
It's ok in its own right, just conquest is so much more open ended and the battles are a lot less linear. Not to mention that you have offense as well as defense in the same game. (not saying linear is a bad thing!)

AndyD

aka andydumi
sn1pes said:
So, I'm trying to read through the last few pages to get a handle on this Day 1 DLC. Can someone explain it to me? Is it just free maps for everyone (consoles included) on day one? Or what?

Whoever buys the LE edition gets some codes in the box. Those codes allow free day one dlc of two maps for all versions of the game. And apparently two more free maps later in March.

Simple.

The question is now, why wont amazon offer the 20 credit for the PC version!!!

RbBrdMan said:
Honestly, I think this is part of EA's plan. I felt the same 'lost' feeling with Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2's 'special dlc'

Their plan is to confuse you so much that you say fuck it and preorder the thing. It was especially confusing for Dragon Age I remember seeing excel spreadsheets detail where you got what. That is insanity.

Their plans suceeded, I pre-ordered 2 days ago from GS to make sure I get as much shit as possible

sn1pes said:

Yeah looks like its a unlock from a vip code from a new purchase of bc2

all-new multiplayer maps for Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 will be unlocked on March 2nd when the game launches in North America. This map pack features the Laguna Alta map playable in Conquest mode and Nelson Bay map playable in Rush mode, bringing the total number of multiplayer maps up to 10. Later in March, DICE will release yet another map pack at no extra charge*, giving players a chance to experience the Arica Harbor map in Conquest mode and Laguna Presa map in Rush mode. Available in the box, the content packs are unlocked by simply inputting a VIP code

th3dude

AndyD said:
Whoever buys the LE edition gets some codes in the box. Those codes allow free day one dlc of two maps for all versions of the game. And apparently two more free maps later in March.

Simple.

The question is now, why wont amazon offer the 20 credit for the PC version!!!

Oh, very cool. Thanks for that. Even more excited about my LE from Amazon now. Bummer that PC doesn't get the $20. I'm getting the PS3 version for $56.99 plus the $20 credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom