• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellcrow

suplex said:
Well since I couldn't play the beta anymore I installed BF2142 today. Still as fun as I remember it, the only issue is getting used to not being able to assign knife and grenade to a separate button for instant use.

I might as well install BF2 as well.

I'm reinstalling BF2 right now. Luckily I had 1.41 patch around on my computer, but 1.5 has yet to be downloaded. How did I manage to download these huge patches on the bad network I had for 3 years ago?

Tamanon

Banned
It seems that a game like this with a heavy multiplayer portion would actually make sense to have a review at least a little bit after release so they can properly play it.

NHale

I don't have any official info like I had with BioShock 2 embargo, but the BFBC2 embargo will probably end Monday 5PM GMT/12pm ET.

But don't be surprised if IGN posts an exclusive review today, which of course will be >9.0 regardless.

logen9999 said:
they shouldn't embargo games that are actually good. wouldn't they want to hype the game as much as possible. for sales?

If it worked that way, everytime you had an embargo it would be the publishers saying that their game is bad instead of reviews.

If you are a publisher, you want reviews on the main page of a website as close as possible to release, so you could maximize the exposure of the game when they are released, not 1 month before like Sony continues to do...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
NHale said:
I don't have any official info like I had with BioShock 2 embargo, but the BFBC2 embargo will probably end Monday 5PM GMT/12pm ET.

But don't be surprised if IGN posts an exclusive review today, which of course will be >9.0 regardless.

Fine by me if IGN gets an exclusive review. So long as it is a video review. That way I can mute them and just watch footage in the background. I'm not so concerned about spoilers with this I want to soak in as much of it as possible.

suplex

Hellcrow said:
I'm reinstalling BF2 right now. Luckily I had 1.41 patch around on my computer, but 1.5 has yet to be downloaded. How did I manage to download these huge patches on the bad network I had for 3 years ago?

Yea the BF2 1.5 patch is damn near 2gb. By comparison the 2142 patch was only 500mb or so.

I don't think you need the 1.41 patch to go to 1.5 though.

Gowans

What's the situation with the Limited Edition?

I looked in the op but couldn't see it.

So is this map pack Limited Edition only or New Copies? Need to see if I need to switch my order.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gowans007 said:
What's the situation with the Limited Edition?

I looked in the op but couldn't see it.

So is this map pack Limited Edition only or New Copies? Need to see if I need to switch my order.
We still dont know for sure, thats why i didnt put it on the OP.

DietRob

Fersis said:
So yeah guys, if you want to buy a Dr. Pepper for me... its cool. :lol

Hey I'm going to go get us some Dr. Peppers today. So long as I can find the ones with BFBC2 on them. I'll shoot you a PM later if I can find em.

bucknuticus said:
You have a lot of wishful thinking, people who wanted to play that game already have, and its pretty hard to go back to today. Plus the community isnt what it once was, not even putting it on steam will make it a fraction of what it was.

The community isn't what it was but it's not bad. I jumped on yesterday and didn't have problems finding servers with 32 to 64 players in them.

I was actually pissed that it wasn't on Steam since I had to dig my disks out and add a link through Steam. Seriously, $10 for all of them would bump up the community even more for a bit and with all the BF hype right now, it probably wouldn't hurt.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RbBrdMan said:
Hey I'm going to go get us some Dr. Peppers today. So long as I can find the ones with BFBC2 on them. I'll shoot you a PM later if I can find em.
And thats why GAF is so awesome. Thanks!!! :D

I dont think there's BFBC2 Dr. Pepper here...

I might also offer a few Dr Pepper codes out once Monday hits.

6 codes so far, and I have about another 6 bottles unopen :D

SO SICK OF DR.PEPPER

MMaRsu

Eternal Sleeper said:
I might also offer a few Dr Pepper codes out once Monday hits.

6 codes so far, and I have about another 6 bottles unopen :D

SO SICK OF DR.PEPPER

Send me some, I love Dr Pepper :(

Gowans007 said:

I think it is safe to say this is one of the most convoluted LE/Pre-order bonus/retail exclusive scenario's the industry has seen

RbBrdMan said:

GAF Unite!!

I stopped by 2 local convenience stores and have yet to find any BFBC2 branded DP

Menelaus

Banned
Guys. Again. Read what has been posted.

You don't find DP with a BFBC2 label. The codes will allow you to PICK your game of choice, and get appropriate DLC for that game.

This is all moot as the codes won't activate BFBC2 DLC until March.

Kibbles said:
Ea posted an update on their Twitter saying new copies.

Just for clarification...Everything I've read says it's new copies of Bad Company 2, it doesn't matter which edition. Just like Mass Effect 2's Cerebrus Network code. It's to get gamers to buy the game new, not used. That's the idea behind it.

Gowans

KittyKittyBangBang said:
I think it is safe to say this is one of the most convoluted LE/Pre-order bonus/retail exclusive scenario's the industry has seen

Yeah still no idea, anyone hunting down out the info proper?

Gona assume it's new games for now, segmenting to LE owners would be mental.

Son of Godzilla said:
I've wondered why developers don't carve out multiplayer modes and sell them on DD services for a while. They could release em 6 months or so after the original game so as to lure back people who've gotten rid of it.

That could be the absolute worst idea in the history of forever

Fersis

Argentinean GAF needs some Dr. Peppers BFBC2 Codes:
Dizzy-4U.
Fersis.

ToyMachine228 said:
Just for clarification...Everything I've read says it's new copies of Bad Company 2, it doesn't matter which edition. Just like Mass Effect 2's Cerebrus Network code. It's to get gamers to buy the game new, not used. That's the idea behind it.

"Project $10" in full effect

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
KittyKittyBangBang said:

I'm assuming you weren't around for Dragon Age: Origins. Now that was a giant clusterfuck of exclusive DLC.

Menelaus said:

You don't find DP with a BFBC2 label. The codes will allow you to PICK your game of choice, and get appropriate DLC for that game.

I screwed the pooch on that one, thanks

RS4-

Been to some convenience stores here in Toronto, no dice with the pepper codes.

If someone has some extras lying around please pm.

Going to try and score the game early, will let fellow TO Gaf know where if I do.

Foxtastical said:

A. I dont want to have to wait 6 months to play the multiplayer component of an already released game

2. Im sure the publisher will charge $$$ for something we should get for free

III. I usually pass off games im done with (sell, Goozex, give as gift, etc) and I would have to worry about every game I potentially dont want anymore, which I dont want any more games cluttering up my entertainment center

Fersis said:
Argentinean GAF needs some Dr. Peppers BFBC2 Codes:
Dizzy-4U.
Fersis.

I can't start a thread because I'm still a junior member, but...can we create a thread just for dr pepper EA DLC codes or should I just give them out on the freebies topic or something?

Az

So does anyone know when/if the servers are up for the full version?? Have a good chance of getting this on Saturday morning and would love to get into the MP and go through the maps.

TheAzRim said:
So does anyone know when/if the servers are up for the full version?? Have a good chance of getting this on Saturday morning and would love to get into the MP and go through the maps.

tough to say since it doesnt come out officially until Tuesday, but I bet they have some servers up for the review folks

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Menelaus said:

First of all, that's not true. The bottles are specially marked with EA logo and games...

And it's not moot, just because we can't use the codes today. Full release is days away, not too early to pick the stuff up so we have them when we need them.

sweetvar26 said:
What do you get with the Dr. Peppers code?

Good question. It's not really clear tbh.

Az

KittyKittyBangBang said:
tough to say since it doesnt come out officially until Tuesday, but I bet they have some servers up for the review folks

Yea you're right. Would be nice to get it saturday since the wife and I decided to stay home this weekend.

DietRob

KittyKittyBangBang said:
GAF Unite!!

I stopped by 2 local convenience stores and have yet to find any BFBC2 branded DP

Me thinks we should put codes as we find them in the online console match-up thread so they don't get jacked by lurkers. If many people are going to be hunting codes we could just put them in there that way all of console peasant GAF can run around dressed as Dr. Peppers.. :lol

Watcha think Fersis. Would you update the Online Matchup OP with them or should we just post them in there as we get them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom