• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

suplex

Well since I couldn't play the beta anymore I installed BF2142 today. Still as fun as I remember it, the only issue is getting used to not being able to assign knife and grenade to a separate button for instant use.

I might as well install BF2 as well.

Lkr

so i want that m1a1 and but my 1943 is tied to my xbl account, which automatically created another new EA account for my 360 email. so I have all of my battlefield games spanned across THREE EA accounts, because EA has changed their system numerous times and because of XBL. is I open a support ticket, will EA let me merge these accounts together? Really disappointed that I can't max out my veteran status due to this, as I own every battlefield game.

Just FYI, for anyone who plans on playing this game (or any future FPS seriously {on console} ); should consider These. They improve your aim drastically depending on how big your hands are, they work very well for me and I seen improvements; people with big hands will especially since they dont have to hold the joysticks at an awkward angle anymore. For PS3 & 360.

ToyMachine228 said:
Can't wait for this game. Going to spend the next few nights trying to wrap up some achievements in a few others games because I know once I get Bad Company 2 I'm going to be playing the multiplayer a ton for quite a while.

I said the same thing, before I realized how unfortunately large my backlog actually is. I have to force myself to play a consistent amount and strategize my time between consoles.

suplex said:
Well since I couldn't play the beta anymore I installed BF2142 today. Still as fun as I remember it, the only issue is getting used to not being able to assign knife and grenade to a separate button for instant use.I might as well install BF2 as well

I so wish EA and DICE would give all the Battlefield games the 1943 treatment. It would be relatively easy with Vietnam. I only vaguely remember BF2 (Didn't get into it as deep as I did the others) and I never played 2142, but damn if I wouldn't pay $15 for each of them on XBLA like I did for 1943. Just give me 3 maps, and let me loose. Seeing the success that Battlefield 1943 was I'd be surprised if EA isn't considering doing this sometime after Bad Company 2's flame starts to burn out. Which I don't expect for quite a while. Just give me Bad Company 2 damn it!

suplex said:
Well since I couldn't play the beta anymore I installed BF2142 today. Still as fun as I remember it, the only issue is getting used to not being able to assign knife and grenade to a separate button for instant use.

I might as well install BF2 as well.
I've reinstalled them all. Man, BF42 is still fun as shit.

Jtrizzy

I just need to get through the second half of Heavy Rain over the next few days. After that it will be this till GOWIII comes out, then back to this for eternity.

I've wondered why developers don't carve out multiplayer modes and sell them on DD services for a while. They could release em 6 months or so after the original game so as to lure back people who've gotten rid of it.

suplex

MotorbreathX said:
I've reinstalled them all. Man, BF42 is still fun as shit.

Yea I might as well install that as well. I got into 1942 later on, so I never played it nearly as much as 2 or 2142.

Lkr

ToyMachine228 said:
I so wish EA and DICE would give all the Battlefield games the 1943 treatment. It would be relatively easy with Vietnam. I only vaguely remember BF2 (Didn't get into it as deep as I did the others) and I never played 2142, but damn if I wouldn't pay $15 for each of them on XBLA like I did for 1943. Just give me 3 maps, and let me loose. Seeing the success that Battlefield 1943 was I'd be surprised if EA isn't considering doing this sometime after Bad Company 2's flame starts to burn out. Which I don't expect for quite a while. Just give me Bad Company 2 damn it!
1943 is so different than 1942 though. Just buy BF2 and 2142 on PC, both are very active. Also, you can't pick just 3 maps from BF2 to release. You need Karkand, Jalalabad, Oman, all Armored Fury Maps, Wake Island, Highway Tampa

Cynar

Son of Godzilla said:
I've wondered why developers don't carve out multiplayer modes and sell them on DD services for a while. They could release em 6 months or so after the original game so as to lure back people who've gotten rid of it.

you're an awful person for suggesting this

Vormund

Devil Theory said:
Just FYI, for anyone who plans on playing this game (or any future FPS seriously {on console} ); should consider These. They improve your aim drastically depending on how big your hands are, they work very well for me and I seen improvements; people with big hands will especially since they dont have to hold the joysticks at an awkward angle anymore. For PS3 & 360.

Hmm I might have to get these. Also one of my 360 controller sticks is a bit worn so I use it on that one.

Druz

1943 treatment is miserable

ToyMachine228 said:
I have Battlefield 2. It just never pulled me in like 1942 and Vietnam did. 1943 pulled me in. Hell even Battlefield: Heroes pulled me in. BF2 just never did, and I never got around to buying BF2142 unfortunately. Now...Bad Company 2 pulls me in. And I'm happy that it did.

Holy crap bizzaro world of shitty games batman

Lkr said:
1943 is so different than 1942 though. Just buy BF2 and 2142 on PC, both are very active. Also, you can't pick just 3 maps from BF2 to release. You need Karkand, Jalalabad, Oman, all Armored Fury Maps, Wake Island, Highway Tampa

I have Battlefield 2. It just never pulled me in like 1942 and Vietnam did. 1943 pulled me in. Hell even Battlefield: Heroes pulled me in. BF2 just never did, and I never got around to buying BF2142 unfortunately. Now...Bad Company 2 pulls me in. And I'm happy that it did.

Jtrizzy

Yeah I'd love to see maps from WWII Vietnam etc. Expansion packs where you get 3 maps from various eras, but without having to download a new game a la 1943.

Lkr

ToyMachine228 said:
I wasn't really into battlefield during 1942 and vietnam. BF2 really drew me in. I have 1942/expansions and vietnam, and while they can be fun, I think BF2 is MUCH better. Of course, I'm one of the bf vietnam haters. i think vietnam and 2142 relate really well as PC spinoffs that had their dedicated lovers and had a majority of critics. 2142 is probably my favorite too

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the PS3 version has been delayed to the 11th in Australia (not sure about everywhere else).

Also, has anyone heard anything about non-US servers? I don't mind lag in this game as much as others but Aussie servers would be nice (360).

Lkr

Neverender said:
Not sure if it's been mentioned but the PS3 version has been delayed to the 11th in Australia (not sure about everywhere else).

Also, has anyone heard anything about non-US servers? I don't mind lag in this game as much as others but Aussie servers would be nice (360).
its probably normal that it was delayed in Australia:lol

Spl1nter

Lkr said:

blah so many better bf2 and 2142 maps. I think a map that would work really well would be Cerbere Landing from 2142. Great map, not enough love for it.

Salacious Crumb

Spl1nter said:
blah so many better bf2 and 2142 maps. I think a map that would work really well would be Cerbere Landing from 2142. Great map, not enough love for it.

Sharqi Peninsula from BF2 is another great map that no one seems to notice. well at least I think it's a great map.

is the peninsula the one with the giant crane in the middle of the map, and the tv station tower? I love, love, loved that map. I used to call in artillery on top of the crane to hit a lone sniper, lol actually I think I droped a supply crate on someone too for a kill, man good times...

So is their a list of people for psn that I can friend for team work focused games later on? I need friends :)

Orange_Peal PSN

Olivero

Devil Theory said:

I second the KontrolFreeks, best thing you could buy. I couldn't play without them. They even make the PS3 controller tolerable.

Psykotik

Devil Theory said:

+1

these things make sniping so much easier.

Wag

To be honest I'd rather get a 10% Steam 4-pack discount than a midnight launch. For some reason this is one of the few games they're not offering it.

No_Style said:
Every few months I hit up YouTube and listen to these. So good!
Yeah the 1942 theme is still the best IMHO, I actually have it as the ringtone on my iPhone :D

Neverender said:

Yeah it looks like the PS3 release has been put back a week to 11 March, but the 360 and PC versions are still scheduled for 4 March in Australia. WTF?

Also Aussie servers have been confirmed.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Olivero said:
I second the KontrolFreeks, best thing you could buy. I couldn't play without them. They even make the PS3 controller tolerable.

You guys are so weird... tolerable? :lol

I'm sorry, but as a multi-console gamer I think the complaints about either gamepad being better or worse are so ridiculously overstated.

360 controller has a crappy d-pad and good triggers... PS3 has crappy trigger-buttons but good d-pad and analog buttons. End of the day it's not that big of a difference and only affects certain games (fighting, driving)

Placement of the sticks? One of the dumbest fucking complaints I've ever read unless you're some kind of mutant person with gigantic or really small hands, the difference is practically negligible. If you can't adjust to the movement stick (not even the aiming stick) being one fucking inch away than what you're used to, you're bad at videogames.

I'm just sayin... I hear this all the time and I think it's a bunch of console-warish bullcrap.

This post is brought to you by: Sailor Jerry's spiced rum and spellcheck.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Even though I don't see any problem with any of the two controllers, I ordered myself some GioTeck Real Triggers and the KontrolFreek FPS Freek thingies for my PS3 controller.

The pimped controller better deliver, otherwise I will feel stupid for having bought some plastic. :p

gillty

Banned
Lkr said:
1943 and 1942 are not so different ...
I still play 1942 to this day, and playing 1943 last summer on my 360 felt so right.

fuck I consider the Vietnam/BF2/2142 + bullshit packs to be the worst of all Battlefield games.
1942>>>>BC2>>1943>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BC1>>>>BF2+bullshitpacks>>>Vietnam>2142

OK so I want to say a big FUCK YOU to EA and Sony in Australia by importing the game. Can anyone name a web store (preferably American I guess since they get it first) that will ship this game overseas via UPS or FedEX (or anyone who can get it here fast as hell)? Please, I can't wait another fucking week for this game!!!

EDIT: Arghhh, I just realised the download code in the box is going to fuck me, FUUUCCCCKKKK, I'm having a meltdown here

Treo360

recklessmind said:
You guys are so weird... tolerable? :lol

I'm sorry, but as a multi-console gamer I think the complaints about either gamepad being better or worse are so ridiculously overstated.

360 controller has a crappy d-pad and good triggers... PS3 has crappy trigger-buttons but good d-pad and analog buttons. End of the day it's not that big of a difference and only affects certain games (fighting, driving)

Placement of the sticks? One of the dumbest fucking complaints I've ever read unless you're some kind of mutant person with gigantic or really small hands, the difference is practically negligible. If you can't adjust to the movement stick (not even the aiming stick) being one fucking inch away than what you're used to, you're bad at videogames.

I'm just sayin... I hear this all the time and I think it's a bunch of console-warish bullcrap.

This post is brought to you by: Sailor Jerry's spiced rum and spellcheck.

No just no. Preferences something something and opinions.

Wag

Would the EU/UK PC version work on US machines? There wouldn't be a server check or something would there? I find that the EU version can be ordered online for almost $10 cheaper than the US version.

vanty

Valru said:
1943 and 1942 are not so different ...
I still play 1942 to this day, and playing 1943 last summer on my 360 felt so right.

fuck I consider the Vietnam/BF2/2142 + bullshit packs to be the worst of all Battlefield games.
1942>>>>BC2>>1943>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BC1>>>>BF2+bullshitpacks>>>Vietnam>2142
Swap BFV (it was good on maps with no airpower, far better inf combat than BF2) and BC1 and I totally agree. Blows my mind whenever I see someone say "Battlefield blahblah is better than BF1942." EA really should sell 1942 combined with both expansions on Steam for around $10 or something, would easily make a few million off it within a week. At least BC2 seems to be pretty awesome, much better than any of the other BF sequels.

cresto

Does anybody know if people still play BF42 or not? I put countless hours and many all nighters into that game! Man I loved the stuka bomber runs. A buddy and I would just fly around for hours in that beast!

Is the DLC Day 1 code in the box only going to work in the region it was sold? My money's on the answer being yes.

This is a worrying trend and I suspect it will eventually mean the (practical) end of region free consoles like the PS3: if you import games you won't get access to the day 1 DLC for free.

vanty. said:
" EA really should sell 1942 combined with both expansions on Steam for around $10 or something, would easily make a few million off it within a week.

You have a lot of wishful thinking, people who wanted to play that game already have, and its pretty hard to go back to today. Plus the community isnt what it once was, not even putting it on steam will make it a fraction of what it was.

Mind

Neo Member
Where are those damn Video Reviews? They're taking toooo long. I'm already certain of a first day buy but I want to see new MP footage.

Anybody got a clue?

derFeef

Jtrizzy said:
When is it going to be lifted, and why wait till the last second like this? The game does release in 3-4 days.

Uh wahts up with "the game is coming out in one week, I want scores now" things? I never liked the reviews-before-released thing and never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom