• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RbBrdMan said:
Me thinks we should put codes as we find them in the online console match-up thread so they don't get jacked by lurkers. If many people are going to be hunting codes we could just put them in there that way all of console peasant GAF can run around dressed as Dr. Peppers.. :lol

Watcha think Fersis. Would you update the Online Matchup OP with them or should we just post them in there as we get them?
Give the codes through PMs, feel free to post about that on the console matchup thread.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Cynar said:
I just realized something, what unlock did they cover up in the map video at about 38 seconds when the medic revives someone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-XD8lJUv8g&feature=sub#t=38s

1z4j33n.jpg

???

Dubbedinenglish said:
Does BC1 not count towards veteran? If not anyone wanna help a fellow gaffer out?
from what i've seen, the Veteran Rank Formula is 'Games - 1'

so if you have 1 BF game already in your EA profile, playing BC2 should give you a veteran rank of 1.

games on multiple platforms only count once, and yes, BF2 PC counts as a different game from BF2 Modern Combat on P2/Xbox/360.

i have Modern Combat (360), Bad Company (360/PS3) and Heroes on my EA Profile, which gives me a rank of 2.

also, DICE WTF? fix 1943! by MONDAAAYYYYY!!!

Cynar said:
yup! that's the unlock that's covered up

edit: ahhh :lol awesome, looked like it was hiding something underneath
yeah, i can see why it would seem like it's hiding something, but yeah it' just a silhouette of a Medic's Health Kit.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Fersis said:
Give the codes through PMs, feel free to post about that on the console matchup thread.

Sounds like a plan. If I can find em I'll probably buy about 10 of them today. I can't wait to see the looks I'll get at 7/11. :lol :lol

Just had an email from gameplay about this game.

They'll be taking money and shipping early due to high level of demand to ensure everyone gets it by release date (5th March). Not sure when they'll be shipping, but they usually get games out a day early anyway.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Chriswok said:
Just had an email from gameplay about this game.

They'll be taking money and shipping early due to high level of demand to ensure everyone gets it by release date (5th March). Not sure when they'll be shipping, but they usually get games out a day early anyway.

That better be a typo... I want my game on March 2nd.

RbBrdMan said:
That better be a typo... I want my game on March 2nd.

This is the full email from Gameplay (UK based web seller owned by 'GAME')... yes it really does call it Battlefield Finaly Fantasy XIII - which could possibly be the greatest made up game ever!

Thanks for your preorder for Battlefield Final Fantasy XIII

Due to the large volume of orders for this product we will be charging your payment card slightly earlier than usual, and despatching your order in advance of the release date, which will ensure your preorder arrives for the release date of 5th of March.

Please ensure your payment details are up to date.

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact us via the 'Help' section which can be found by following the link below:

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/helpindex.asp

Thanks for ordering with Gameplay!

Not only do they name it wrong, but their release date is wrong too :lol Gameplay used to be so respected too :(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I can't wait for this game. Seriously afyer playing the BC2 demo for so long and plating MW2 again.... Man I need this game.

moai

it be nice if us gafers can help non us gaffers to get some codes, i think i only know dr. pepper from the forrest gump movie :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The hype is getting ridiculous. Talking about this at work, with friends, with friends that aren't gamers etc.

Wthermans

Banned
Anyone trying to get the Dr. Pepper codes needs to wait until after March 1 to input them on DP's website. Right now, you can only redeem content for ME2, BF: Heroes, and Sims. I believe there are 4 unlocks available and I've collected 10 codes so far. If I have any extras, I'll post them up in this thread.

mastershred

Neo Member
I was thinking the other day, and wouldn't it be a good idea to impose some higher cost of using tanks? When I was playing the demo I ran into a couple teams who would just wait for tanks to spawn. Basically they were using tanks on a 1 life to 1 tank ratio, which doesn't seem right since it's a damn tank. If destroying a tank cost them 3 tickets or more, I think that problem would be solved.

I know they can have more than 1 person in the tank, but I still think there should be some ticket cost for losing tanks. It would force people to be smarter with them, and it would make them think twice before waiting for another one. Ultimately the problem is how safe the attackers are when waiting for tanks. There is no punishment for just waiting for them to spawn. There is seriously no reason why they can't only use tanks, and that could be a problem. It bogs the game down.

Does anyone agree with me here? What do you guys do to deal with this? I end up getting really high scores destroying all the tanks but the game takes well over an hour to finish since no one is attacking on foot.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I'm on a conference with Patrick Bach from DICE answering questions. If you have any, feel free to let me know =)

EDIT: man, can't type today lol

Caspel said:
I'm on a conference with Patrick Bach from DICE on a conference call answering questions. If you have any, feel free to let me know =)

How different will the BC2 experience be from the MoH Online experience?

How well supported will the BC2 online servers be? Will there be regular patches & DLC (map packs, game modes, etc).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Caspel said:
I'm on a conference with Patrick Bach from DICE answering questions. If you have any, feel free to let me know =)

Can we make private games? And which game sizes? 8Vs8 ?12Vs12?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Chriswok said:

How well supported will the BC2 online servers be? Will there be regular patches & DLC (map packs, game modes, etc).

1st question was shot down by their third-party mediator haha.

2nd was answered

Caspel said:
1st question was shot down by their third-party mediator haha.

2nd was answered

Thanks for asking them! Shame the 1st wasn't answered, as that's something I'm a bit concerned about - I mean sure they'll be different visually, but if its the same mechanics...

Wthermans

Banned
mastershred said:
I was thinking the other day, and wouldn't it be a good idea to impose some higher cost of using tanks? When I was playing the demo I ran into a couple teams who would just wait for tanks to spawn. Basically they were using tanks on a 1 life to 1 tank ratio, which doesn't seem right since it's a damn tank. If destroying a tank cost them 3 tickets or more, I think that problem would be solved.

I know they can have more than 1 person in the tank, but I still think there should be some ticket cost for losing tanks. It would force people to be smarter with them, and it would make them think twice before waiting for another one. Ultimately the problem is how safe the attackers are when waiting for tanks. There is no punishment for just waiting for them to spawn. There is seriously no reason why they can't only use tanks, and that could be a problem. It bogs the game down.

Does anyone agree with me here? What do you guys do to deal with this? I end up getting really high scores destroying all the tanks but the game takes well over an hour to finish since no one is attacking on foot.
That's really only a problem on the first area in the map since after the map opens up, the defenders can push into where the attackers start spawning. Does it slow the game out longer than it needs to be? Oh yeah, but that's a downside to using a ticket-based system with no "bleed" (I ran into this many times during BF2 matches that wouldn't have the bleed on). Both sides turtle and build resources, then make a huge push. It's a legit tactic, but makes the game incredibly boring.

Chri3tos

Neo Member
Chriswok said:

Dumbest questions ever :D

Here are your answers:

1. It is going to be the BEST online experience.

2. The online servers will be very well supported, with regular patches and DLC.

Ask somebody about his own product... lol.

Pete Rock

Caspel said:
I've been wondering about flight stick support on consoles, one of their employees had previously commented that 1943 was a $15 arcade game and the price point did not allow them to explore supporting extra peripherals. I'd like to know if this has changed with regards to BC2, or if it's possible that it might be patched in post-release, like the rumored co-op support.

Shuusui

So confused how this Dr.Pepper thing works... I love the stuff, so I'll use any excuse to drink it.

Is it just a "chance" to win, or do you have to collect codes until they reach a certain value?

Wthermans

Banned
Caspel said:

How's BF3 coming?

I know this won't be answered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom