• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wthermans

Banned
Shuusui said:
So confused how this Dr.Pepper thing works... I love the stuff, so I'll use any excuse to drink it.

Is it just a "chance" to win, or do you have to collect codes until they reach a certain value?
Each code allows for a piece of DLC, for BC2 there are 4 pieces of DLC. You can find codes under any Dr. Pepper or Diet Dr. Pepper 20oz drink (may be available in 16oz as well). It's just a general promotion for EA games, but the bottles shows BC2 (with a T-90 on the front), ME2 (with Shephard), and The Sims (with the green diamond).

You input the code on DP's site, it accepts and redirects you to a one-time per use redemption center on EA's site and ties the DLC to your EA Account.

Caspel said:
I'm on a conference with Patrick Bach from DICE answering questions. If you have any, feel free to let me know =)

EDIT: man, can't type today lol

Ask about a demo/round recording tool, to record/save your matches.

Caspel said:
I'm on a conference with Patrick Bach from DICE answering questions. If you have any, feel free to let me know =)

EDIT: man, can't type today lol

A DICE dev mentioned in an interview that co-op is something they are looking into, as DLC. Is this still floating around as an idea?

mastershred said:
I was thinking the other day, and wouldn't it be a good idea to impose some higher cost of using tanks? When I was playing the demo I ran into a couple teams who would just wait for tanks to spawn. Basically they were using tanks on a 1 life to 1 tank ratio, which doesn't seem right since it's a damn tank. If destroying a tank cost them 3 tickets or more, I think that problem would be solved.

I know they can have more than 1 person in the tank, but I still think there should be some ticket cost for losing tanks. It would force people to be smarter with them, and it would make them think twice before waiting for another one. Ultimately the problem is how safe the attackers are when waiting for tanks. There is no punishment for just waiting for them to spawn. There is seriously no reason why they can't only use tanks, and that could be a problem. It bogs the game down.

Does anyone agree with me here? What do you guys do to deal with this? I end up getting really high scores destroying all the tanks but the game takes well over an hour to finish since no one is attacking on foot.

Sorry, terrible idea, IMO. Good idea, but I don't think that anyone would be anymore careful, particularly on public servers.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Fersis said:
Nice. Though i really wanted to know about the game size.

I have the answer, but it's all taped and will be writing about it soon. Here's a hint: PC and consoles will have different sizes

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
2eevskh.jpg

Could only carry 4 bottles since I had a bag of dog food in the other hand. I plan on getting more later.

Arcipello

Mr. Snrub said:
Ask about a demo/round recording tool, to record/save your matches.

absolutely, there are so many totally amazing moments EVERY single match i play, would be amazing to have similar support that Halo 3 allowed:D

Caspel said:
answered. short answer, yes.

Oh! Ask about separate controls for the UAV and aircraft...since, you know, they don't move in a similar way, at all, so inverting controls for aircraft fucks up UAV targeting.

Caspel

Pete Rock said:
I've been wondering about flight stick support on consoles, one of their employees had previously commented that 1943 was a $15 arcade game and the price point did not allow them to explore supporting extra peripherals. I'd like to know if this has changed with regards to BC2, or if it's possible that it might be patched in post-release, like the rumored co-op support.

he didn't have an answer but I'll have one before the end of the weekend. Just so people know, embargo is March 1, so I can't give exact answers on the questions you are providing me until then.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Wthermans said:
Each code allows for a piece of DLC, for BC2 there are 4 pieces of DLC. You can find codes under any Dr. Pepper or Diet Dr. Pepper 20oz drink (may be available in 16oz as well). It's just a general promotion for EA games, but the bottles shows BC2 (with a T-90 on the front), ME2 (with Shephard), and The Sims (with the green diamond).

You input the code on DP's site, it accepts and redirects you to a one-time per use redemption center on EA's site and ties the DLC to your EA Account.

You mention the DLC is tied to EA account. Does that mean if I get the PS3 and PC versions, I only need to get 4 codes, or 8?

Wthermans

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
Oh! Ask about separate controls for the UAV and aircraft...since, you know, they don't move in a similar way, at all, so inverting controls for aircraft fucks up UAV targeting.
And see if there will be different mouse sensitivity settings for Infantry/Vehicles/Aircraft (like in BF2).

Caspel

Mr. Snrub said:
A DICE dev mentioned in an interview that co-op is something they are looking into, as DLC. Is this still floating around as an idea?

wouldn't answer this question until there's an official statement released on the topic. Sorry =(

Mr. Snrub said:
Sorry, terrible idea, IMO. Good idea, but I don't think that anyone would be anymore careful, particularly on public servers.

:|

Arcipello said:
absolutely, there are so many totally amazing moments EVERY single match i play, would be amazing to have similar support that Halo 3 allowed

I believe this should become standard in almost all big multiplayer games, BC2 being extremely important since of all the possibilities.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RbBrdMan said:
2eevskh.jpg

Could only carry 4 bottles since I had a bag of dog food in the other hand. I plan on getting more later.
So Dr. Pepper its like Coca Cola or Pepsi?

CozMick

Banned
So this Dr Pepper bullshit is US only?

PlanetBattlefield said:
In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon. Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement.

Wait, so we can't even 100% the game without Dr Pepper? that is fucked up!

DietRob

Fersis said:
So Dr. Pepper its like Coca Cola or Pepsi?

Mmm.. Sorta it's a dark cola, however, it has a much sweeter taste than coke or pepsi.

On a not so sweet side note I went to enter a code and BFBC2 is not listed on the claimable prizes. Only games on there are ME2 (xbox), ME2 (PC), Battlefield Heroes, Sims 3, and Spore.... :/

Maybe we have to wait until after release day??

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
CozMick said:

Oh no, you can't get an achievement, it's the end of the world!

Devil Theory said:
:lol

Sorry, guess I meant to say good idea, but it's implementation would just make things worse. The numbnuts who drives a tank into sudden death now, would probably do the same thing even if it took three tickets. On the other hand, even if you made the good players aware that it would take three tickets away, they probably weren't destroying tanks wrecklessly in the first place.

CozMick said:

I'm getting a bit tired of all the pre-order special features that have popped up this Generation. It hasn't totally unbalanced the stat of games before they've been released, but its getting there.

The SE here in the UK gives you 6 additional things, two of which make tanks harder to kill, while making it easier for you to kill tanks... seriously... what. Apparently its all stuff you can get later on in the game anyway, but thats going to unbalance the day1 experience for some people where that edition isn't available.

Caspel

Wthermans said:
And see if there will be different mouse sensitivity settings for Infantry/Vehicles/Aircraft (like in BF2).

no answer on this, but there was an answer for the one in your quote about UAV.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
Fuck yea, good work Fersis. Can't wait for Bad Company 2. I freaking loved everything about battlefield 2 and can't wait for some conquest in Bc2. Just need Hawkian to join in.

Oh and i pre-ordered day one. :)

Your incessant nagging paid off, pre-ordered.

Spies with shotguns FTMFGEW.

Seriously I can't believe the TV spot doesn't say "In-Game Footage." I guess it was at higher than console quality so maybe they didn't want to disappoint...

Wthermans

Banned
Dr. Pepper tastes like coke, but has softer flavors like vanilla and caramel. It seems to have larger bubbles in the carbonation than standard coke as well. When it's cold, it's one of the greatest sodas in the world. It's great on tap too.

RbBrdMan said:
Mmm.. Sorta it's a dark cola, however, it has a much sweeter taste than coke or pepsi.

On a not so sweet side note I went to enter a code and BFBC2 is not listed on the claimable prizes. Only games on there are ME2 (xbox), ME2 (PC), Battlefield Heroes, Sims 3, and Spore.... :/

I think this is right, Im gonna horde mine until Tuesday

Wthermans

Banned
RbBrdMan said:

BC2 DLC will not be available until March 1

DietRob

KittyKittyBangBang said:
I think this is right, Im gonna horde mine until Tuesday

I'm with you there. I already entered one but didn't claim it to one of the games and just exited out of the page. Hopefully the code isn't lost somewhere in the internet now.

Wthermans said:
BC2 DLC will not be available until March 1
OK. I didn't see that on the site but it makes sense. I did see that you can request free codes also. Not quite sure how that works but it says to go to drpepper.com to get details you can request them until 12/31/10.

Wthermans

Banned
Caspel said:
no answer on this, but there was an answer for the one in your quote about UAV.
At least we'll know something about flight controls.

Did he answer anything pertaining to demo recording or first person spectate?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So, I think BC2 will be played best while drinking a refreshing 23-flavored glass of Dr. Pepper. How about you?

Wthermans

Banned
shagg_187 said:
So wait, what is DP offering for BC2?
In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon. Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom