• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
RbBrdMan said:
Do you guys have any ideas?
Can't wait to pull out ColbertCalledIt.gif

I used to like it when that Slim Jim guy was in my BMX games... :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Menelaus said:
Because she's stupid and thinks that's what guys like.

PhoenixRising said:
In one of her other videos she mentions that she's got a cold so I guess that's why she's whispering.

Nothing hotter than a 'chick' with a cold. HAWT I SAY! :lol

The Faceless Master said:
but spawn killing is fun!
Theyre waiting for you.

Hellcrow

Want to get pumped for some Battlefield action?

Here and here!

Nothing gets me more pumped and nostalgic as the Battlefield theme and all of the great remixes!

recklessmind said:
There's a trailer also that shows a camouflaged M1 Garand but I can't remember which one.

It was an official video, and was on Port Valdez... edit: found it

EDIT2: Holy crap I was wrong... that's actually the M14 at the 1:30ish mark. I though it was the M1 because of the iron sight. :lol

:lol

if you look at the kill notification, it looks like someone from ign

Ikuu said:

Stop it! She's clearly just in it to talk about the games, not to get a bunch of nerds whipped up to ogle her. She's just a regular gamer, don't make it about her looks!

/attentionwhoring'gamergirl'

Let's just get back to the game. No discussion about that 360 SP footage just posted? Surprisingly the gameplay seemed closer to the original than I thought it'd be. Of course it looks much nicer! Hopefully I can make it through the campaign this time...couldn't do it with the original. But these multiplayer focused FPS campaigns haven't done it for me in a while. Couldnt finish MW or MW2 campaigns either.

Dries

TheLegendary said:
Let's just get back to the game. No discussion about that 360 SP footage just posted? Surprisingly the gameplay seemed closer to the original than I thought it'd be. Of course it looks much nicer! Hopefully I can make it through the campaign this time...couldn't do it with the original. But these multiplayer focused FPS campaigns haven't done it for me in a while. Couldnt finish MW or MW2 campaigns either.

I actually just completed the BC1 SP demo. Was pretty fun and I was wondering if the singleplayer campaign of BC2 will be anything like it?

Also, we all know that multiplayer is where it's at with BC2. Just wondering if the multiplayer of BC1 was also this much kickass as the BC2 demo. Cause it totally slipped under my radar.

Dries said:
I actually just completed the BC1 SP demo. Was pretty fun and I was wondering if the singleplayer campaign of BC2 will be anything like it?

Also, we all know that multiplayer is where it's at with BC2. Just wondering if the multiplayer of BC1 was also this much kickass as the BC2 demo. Cause it totally slipped under my radar.

It was the same general approach but poorly optimized (gameplay wise) and clunky. People took wayyyyyy too many bullets to be killed and that really turned me off to the single and multiplayer in general, but the MP was more bareable. BC2 seems to have fixed most of the issues I had with the MP...hopefully they've done the same with the SP campaign. There were certainly a lot of unique/impressive things, namely the humor and destruction. Hopefully they create some more "set pieces" (yes I know we all hate that word) to bring all of the unique Frostbite ish to the forefront.

recklessmind said:
There's a trailer also that shows a camouflaged M1 Garand but I can't remember which one.

It was an official video, and was on Port Valdez... edit: found it

EDIT2: Holy crap I was wrong... that's actually the M14 at the 1:30ish mark. I though it was the M1 because of the iron sight. :lol

:lol
Gawt damn it's such a sexy weapon. Was that the MG3 in there as well!? Looks like it fires damn similar to the one in CoDWaW.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Dries said:
This is basically the BF2 for the consoles.
Isn't that, you know, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, from 2006?

Also, i just bought this game ONLY to add yet another number on my Veteran Rank :lol
It was only 6 bucks.. I wonder how good/bad it is (I got the 360 version).

Kibbles

drizzle said:
Isn't that, you know, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, from 2006?

Also, i just bought this game ONLY to add yet another number on my Veteran Rank :lol
It was only 6 bucks.. I wonder how good/bad it is (I got the 360 version).
BF2: MC? I remember playing it on Xbox Live on the OG Xbox, and I loved it, never bought it though, it was just the demo. Then I got the 360 remake and loved it (never got into the Campaign... MP all the way of course). However, last time I tried playing there weren't really any games. Can you still find games? I'm not sure if it's aged well after Bad Company & Destruction, but it brought plenty of fun back in the day.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Can someone please tell me if there is a graphical difference in the 360 version form the PS3? Because having both and playing both DEMO's the PS3 was a clear cut better looking game overall.

I heard people say its was because the 360 was a smaller file or textures etc.., I'm not sure Id love to buy it on 360 simply because I like the voice chat better, BUT if the graphics have not improved (screen tearing, horrible trees, etc) I will get the PS3 version!

LowParry

Dorfdad said:
Can someone please tell me if there is a graphical difference in the 360 version form the PS3? Because having both and playing both DEMO's the PS3 was a clear cut better looking game overall.

I heard people say its was because the 360 was a smaller file or textures etc.., I'm not sure Id love to buy it on 360 simply because I like the voice chat better, BUT if the graphics have not improved (screen tearing, horrible trees, etc) I will get the PS3 version!

Here. I'll make this much more simple for you. Which of your friends will be playing this more on. 360? Or PS3?

If you have no friends, you should go with....the obvious choice. :D

"Isn't that, you know, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, from 2006?"

Modern Combat wasn't very similar to BF2 at all. It was even more far removed from the Battlefield series than Bad Company 1.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Kibbles said:
BF2: MC? I remember playing it on Xbox Live on the OG Xbox, and I loved it, never bought it though, it was just the demo. Then I got the 360 remake and loved it (never got into the Campaign... MP all the way of course). However, last time I tried playing there weren't really any games. Can you still find games? I'm not sure if it's aged well after Bad Company & Destruction, but it brought plenty of fun back in the day.
I'm talking about BF2:MC alright. Game arrived, but my new 360 didn't yet (RROD ftw). Like i said, it was mostly to bump my veteran rank another point.. :D

Dorfdad

Gold Member
CcrooK said:
Here. I'll make this much more simple for you. Which of your friends will be playing this more on. 360? Or PS3?

If you have no friends, you should go with....the obvious choice. :D

Blah come on I have friends a plenty on both.. However from what I saw there is a clear difference in graphical (de)quality and tearing on the Xbox360 over the PS3 if this was for beta only than I would like to know..

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Mully said:
I have been trying to play the demo today with no success. Am I ignorant? Did the demo end today?

Si.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
blahness said:
Yes the demo is over

*cries* I missed it so much tonight. 4.5 more days of pain and suffering. And Heavy Rain while entertaining is damn depressing....

Dorfdad

Gold Member
RbBrdMan said:
*cries* I missed it so much tonight. 4.5 more days of pain and suffering. And Heavy Rain while entertaining is damn depressing....

Damn you spoiled it for me, Im about 3 hours into the game (Heavy Rain) and Love it but was hoping it would get happy don't say another word.. please!!

scoobs

Damn.. already having beta withdrawal on PC. Tried to go back to MW2 for a night, quickly rage+quit after being knifed 45 times and encountering 4 hackers. Also, I was spamming "Q" constantly lol :)

Jtrizzy

Dorfdad said:
Blah come on I have friends a plenty on both.. However from what I saw there is a clear difference in graphical (de)quality and tearing on the Xbox360 over the PS3 if this was for beta only than I would like to know..

I have both systems, but am getting it on PS3 because more of my friends will be there. If I cared more about single player and there was a major difference graphically, I'd reconsider. After playing the demos, there is nothing significant in MP.

I'd say the only real disadvantage is the lack of party chat. The game itself only allows chat with the 4 people in your squad. It also allows open mikes for those not in a squad, but that takes away squad respawns, which is a huge part of the game.

Hopefully Sony adds party chat through an update soon.

DietRob

Dorfdad said:
Damn you spoiled it for me, Im about 3 hours into the game (Heavy Rain) and Love it but was hoping it would get happy don't say another word.. please!!

No worries.. I'm only about 3 hours in also. I will say nothing. It's been hard enough avoiding spoilers.

noah111

Still Alive
blahness said:
Yes the demo is over
NOOOOOOOOO!! :( Got my PS3 yesterday and only played it again once (granted for a few hours straight), I guess I need to buy this game now. Wish I had the cash; U2, HR, and this. FUCK. ;_;

DietRob

Sentry said:
NOOOOOOOOO!! :( Got my PS3 yesterday and only played it again once (granted for a few hours straight), I guess I need to buy this game now. Wish I had the cash; U2, HR, and this. FUCK. ;_;

If you have anything to trade Gamestop is giving an extra 50% on trades. I typically loathe the place but I put that aside and traded in MW2 and RE5 straight up for Heavy Rain.

RbBrdMan said:

You're not the only one. I'm telling hawkian on steam how much i miss the beta. This really sucks.

Plus, i went to download what i thought was Bad Company 2 off the psn. I thought the demo was still going on. Turns out, as soon as it was done installing i saw the grenade with the smiley face and it hit me hard that it was Bad Company 1. Shit sucks.

Luixfern

Bah! Came home with this itch to play. Sat down and BAM! Totally had forgotten the beta ended. I need my fix!

Also, please tell me the C4 to ATV has been fixed... and friendly C4ing the M-com.

Luixfern said:
Bah! Came home with this itch to play. Sat down and BAM! Totally had forgotten the beta ended. I need my fix!

Also, please tell me the C4 to ATV has been fixed... and friendly C4ing the M-com.

C4 damage to M-Com has been pretty drastically reduced supposedly. I'm not sure of the exact number, but it's definitely more than 15 c4's to blow the m-com.

Lkr

WHOAguitarninja said:
C4 damage to M-Com has been pretty drastically reduced supposedly. I'm not sure of the exact number, but it's definitely more than 15 c4's to blow the m-com.
good to know. driving up and c4ing the A on the first set of MComs was annoying.

HellCrow said:

Here and here!

Nothing gets me more pumped and nostalgic as the Battlefield theme and all of the great remixes!

Fuck yes, the Battlefield 1942 theme is fucking ace. I put DICE as one of my fave developers after Battlefield 2.

Had 1942 but my PC didn't run it well.

Can't wait for this game. Going to spend the next few nights trying to wrap up some achievements in a few others games because I know once I get Bad Company 2 I'm going to be playing the multiplayer a ton for quite a while.

No_Style

Hellcrow said:

Here and here!

Every few months I hit up YouTube and listen to these. So good!

SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
I put DICE as one of my fave developers after Battlefield 2.

BF2 definitely cemented the "Battlefield" franchise for me. Wasn't sold on any of the previous installments until that game launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom