• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wthermans

Banned
RbBrdMan said:
I'm with you there. I already entered one but didn't claim it to one of the games and just exited out of the page. Hopefully the code isn't lost somewhere in the internet now.

OK. I didn't see that on the site but it makes sense. I did see that you can request free codes also. Not quite sure how that works but it says to go to drpepper.com to get details you can request them until 12/31/10.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/preList/370727/3543923.page

Thank you for contacting the DR PEPPER EA GAMING EVERY BOTTLE/CUP WINS
PROMOTION help center.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 DLC will be available March 1st.
PROMOTION help center.
The codes will remain in your account until you decide to claim them. You
may wait until the content for Battlefield: Bad Company is available on
3/1 to claim your rewards.

It looks like a legit response from Dr. Pepper (I already had to deal with their support about one of my codes not working).

Pete Rock

Caspel said:
he didn't have an answer but I'll have one before the end of the weekend
Awesome, thank you very much :D

theMrCravens said:
Why can't these codes come in bottled water or milk ? :(
Seriously, I do not drink carbonated beverages and never have. Thankfully my girlfriend does, so the few Dr. P's I pickup won't be a total waste.

I bought the game, but I think I'm more excited for single player at the moment. I bet the single player will get me familiar enough with everything to get me excited for multiplayer.

Does the real deal Battlefield music show up anywhere in the game? I hope they manage to keep the game charming like the first. It was a bit of fresh air compared to all the serious business in video games.

Mr. Snrub said:
It's a wonderful drink!

So sick of it. XD

That being said, here's a free code cause I'm in the spontaneous mood:

D9TK ADDY TEAM

Please respond back if you claimed it.
(EDIT: Thanks for not responding to let others know, jerk...)

Wthermans said:
In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon. Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement.

Nice. Thanks. Is this the same as Limited Edition upgrade? If not, I'm buying Dr.Pepper! (hope it's available in Canada... if not, some generous Dr. Pepper addict can help me out? :p)

Eternal Sleeper said:
So sick of it. XD

That being said, here's a free code cause I'm in the spontaneous mood:

D9TK ADDY TEAM

Please respond back if you claimed it.

I want to...but where the hell do I redeem it?

Edit: damn someone already got it. PS the format D9TK ADDY TEAM doesn't work, can't be any spaces, apparently.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
shagg_187 said:
Nice. Thanks. Is this the same as Limited Edition upgrade? If not, I'm buying Dr.Pepper! (hope it's available in Canada... if not, some generous Dr. Pepper addict can help me out? :p)

It's not the same. And the question I've had for a couple days is how could they do camo? If you think about it... the camo thing is pretty odd.

Special Activities soldier saw this earlier.

Menelaus said:
Learn to read and stop redeeming your codes until March 1.

?

Dr. Pepper said:
PROMOTION help center.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 DLC will be available March 1st.
PROMOTION help center.
The codes will remain in your account until you decide to claim them. You
may wait until the content for Battlefield: Bad Company is available on
3/1 to claim your rewards.

Mr. Snrub said:
I want to...but where the hell do I redeem it?

Edit: damn someone already got it. PS the format D9TK ADDY TEAM doesn't work, can't be any spaces, apparently.

Since I'm in a spontaneous mood, I'll pm you a code/get you the dlc on March 1st (or whenever you need it, just send me a reminder.) :D

Also, these promo codes should still work if you want to try them:
CBEEAAA41NWH
CBEEAAAE4L9N
CBEEAAAFQG9J
CBEEAAAE98ZV

Limited 1 promo code per drpepper account (make 4 different accounts if you want to claim them all).

Menelaus

Banned
recklessmind said:
It's not the same. And the question I've had for a couple days is how could they do camo? If you think about it... the camo thing is pretty odd.
4 kits upgrades = special activities soldier. Probably items that the assault class can use, and when all 4 are used, that skin then gets a new camo pattern. Seems easy enough.

CozMick said:
So this Dr Pepper bullshit is US only?

Wait, so we can't even 100% the game without Dr Pepper? that is fucked up!
more proof that the unlocks are stuff that's in the game. they can't just make it impossible to get 1000 without buying a soda.

blahness

The Faceless Master said:
more proof that the unlocks are stuff that's in the game. they can't just make it impossible to get 1000 without buying a soda.

are we SURE that it is an actual achievement or just a new pin/badge to unlock?

Evolved1

Menelaus said:
4 kits upgrades = special activities soldier. Probably items that the assault class can use, and when all 4 are used, that skin then gets a new camo pattern. Seems easy enough.

That's a good theory... but you're making a lot of assumptions.

However, if each piece of DLC requires a different code, then camo wouldn't be available unless you had all the other DLC/multiple codes. Something to think about.

blahness said:
are we SURE that it is an actual achievement or just a new pin/badge to unlock?

We aren't "sure" of anything. That's why it's annoying. :lol

Eternal Sleeper said:
Since I'm in a spontaneous mood, I'll pm you a code/get you the dlc on March 1st (or whenever you need it, just send me a reminder.) :D

CBEEAAA41NWH
CBEEAAAE4L9N
CBEEAAAFQG9J
CBEEAAAE98ZV

Limited 1 promo code per drpepper account (make 4 different accounts if you want to claim them all).

AWESOME! Thanks, I really appreciate it. I might buy some Dr. Pepper regardless, but if I have extra, I'll just pay it forward.

So...what do these promo codes do? Are they different from the DLC codes?

Evolved1

Mr. Snrub said:

:lol :lol :lol

Like the last four pages of this thread is us wondering what the codes are for... it's not clear at this point. Lots of speculation, very little confirmation of anything.

Mr. Snrub said:
Given the mention of "special camouflage", I have to wonder if there will be new skins available. Would be kinda cool if you'd be able to use enemy skins in MP from SP:

The issue with skins is that, in the existing UI framework we're used to, where would one pick skins? You don't, because they're automatic, tied to your kit selection. And it's kind of important that kits are easily identifiable for gameplay reasons: medics look like medics, engineers like engineers, etc. so it reduces confusion during the match.

Mr. Snrub said:
AWESOME! Thanks, I really appreciate it. I might buy some Dr. Pepper regardless, but if I have extra, I'll just pay it forward.

They're just codes you can redeem, similar to the codes you get off of the 7-11 cups/dr pepper bottles.

once you redeem a drpepper/promo code you can claim a DLC prize by entering in your EA account email.

How will the dlc show up? I'm not sure...:D

Just don't claim the prizes till 3/1, better yet...don't bother until you get the game

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Eternal Sleeper said:

You should really PM these codes to those that ask for them. Since your in the gaming forum these are likely snatched up by lurkers.

RbBrdMan said:
You should really PM these codes to those that ask for them. Since your in the gaming forum these are likely snatched up by lurkers.

These codes have been in the public domain for a while. I used them for ME2 and can't use them anymore for BFBC2.

PjotrStroganov said:
These codes have been in the public domain for a while. I used them for ME2 and can't use them anymore for BFBC2.

Yeah, those 4 sets of promo codes are multi-use, and its been public information for quite awhile.

recklessmind said:
:lol :lol :lol

Like the last four pages of this thread is us wondering what the codes are for... it's not clear at this point. Lots of speculation, very little confirmation of anything.

No no, I was wondering if those SPECIFIC promo codes he listed were any different than the DLC you get from the Dr. Pepper, or if they were they same thing...because I redeemed them all, but wasn't aware you could only have one promo code tied to your account.

The issue with skins is that, in the existing UI framework we're used to, where would one pick skins? You don't, because they're automatic, tied to your kit selection. And it's kind of important that kits are easily identifiable for gameplay reasons: medics look like medics, engineers like engineers, etc. so it reduces confusion during the match.

This is true...at this point, I'm expecting it to just be a mistake/miscommunication. I'd rather it be that than a perk that made you unspottable or something like that.

DietRob

demolitio said:
I feel bad for bringing up the Dr. Pepper thing in this thread. It seems to have taken over. :lol

Ehh.. that is just because there is nothing much else to talk about at this point. With everyone playing the crap out of the demo, embargo still on, and mass confusion over DLC, Dr Pepper codes are really the only constant.

The discussion will shift back to BC2 once there is more to discuss.

The Battlefield Series is my favorite FPS Series. I am a sucker for FPSs with Vehicles. They just change everything.

If anyone is getting it on PS3, hit me up!!!

PSN ID: Filth_Flannigan

I am probably already on many of your Friends List, but if not, add me. If it says my friends list is full, send me a message and I will make room.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
MotorbreathX said:
Well this was an interesting thread.
Wait til the game is released.
We are going to rock !!! >8(

recklessmind said:
That's a good theory... but you're making a lot of assumptions.

However, if each piece of DLC requires a different code, then camo wouldn't be available unless you had all the other DLC/multiple codes. Something to think about.

We aren't "sure" of anything. That's why it's annoying. :lol
how about this idea... when you choose one of the Dr. Pepper DLC items, your character wears a different camo!

3rdamention said:
The Battlefield Series is my favorite FPS Series. I am a sucker for FPSs with Vehicles. They just change everything.

If anyone is getting it on PS3, hit me up!!!

PSN ID: Filth_Flannigan

I am probably already on many of your Friends List, but if not, add me. If it says my friends list is full, send me a message and I will make room.

I'm with on the vehicle based games. I just received MAG and as big as it is, sometimes it feels like a huge CoD. I still like it but the limited use of vehicles makes it feel different.

Fersis said:
Wait til the game is released.
We are going to rock !!! >8(

I know, I know. This DP talk is BOOOORRRINGG!

PatzCU

Noob question.

I know this game doesn't have 'prestiging' so to speak, but how extensive is the leveling system? I know when I was playing BF2, it would take MONTHS of play time to reach the highest rank. Is that the same in BF BC2? I love the gameplay and will be playing for that reason, but I also love ranking systems in these games.

Just wondering how difficult it will be to hit the rank cap.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Do you guys want a 'Reviews' section in the OP?

DietRob

Fersis said:

I don't need it. Not to say that others would mind seeing reviews.

edit: as evidence of my previous posters. yea go for it the reviews will be great, if not all trolling MW2 as well.

PatzCU said:
Noob question.

I know this game doesn't have 'prestiging' so to speak, but how extensive is the leveling system? I know when I was playing BF2, it would take MONTHS of play time to reach the highest rank. Is that the same in BF BC2? I love the gameplay and will be playing for that reason, but I also love ranking systems in these games.

Not sure if the beta leveling will be adjusted, but I do know that the cap is level 50. Truthfully, not must has been released about leveling...would have been a good thing to have Caspel ask...

Fersis said:

Yes!

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
PatzCU said:
Noob question.

If it's anything like the first game... it took me about 50 hours to reach the cap and I was mostly a support guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom