• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
MotorbreathX said:
Will Wal-Mart have these out at about midnight or do they stock up at around 5 in the AM?
not sure,
i dont know if you need to get it at Wal-mart, but I know Gamestop and i think Best buy are doing midnight release stuff.

PatzCU

Mr. Snrub said:
I kind of hope they slow down the leveling in this, or at least have plans to raise the "cap" with DLC in the future.

Ya me too. It was nearly impossible to hit the level cap in BF2 so when you saw someone at high rank, it was really impressive. It's definitely kind of a silly thing to get worked up about, but it could add to the longevity of the game. Look at MW2; I guarentee there is a good chunk of the player base that is only playing it now because of the leveling features. That game is boring when you aren't advancing (thankfully, that isn't an issue with BC2, a game built around the diverse gameplay).

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
The Faceless Master said:
in the PS3 beta in 160 hours i was lv35.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit don't think I've ever played anything for 160 hours.

Interesting that there's an achievement for reaching rank 22 and not 50. What's the significance of 22?

Violater said:
5 Pages and hardly any talk of the SP.
No one interested in the shenanigans of B Company? :lol

This is what I care about most. The cover of the game makes me think it will have a more serious tone this time around.

KittyKittyBangBang said:
not sure,
i dont know if you need to get it at Wal-mart, but I know Gamestop and i think Best buy are doing midnight release stuff.

I was kind of hoping to avoid all the retarded horse and pony show to get a game. I don't want to deal with a BF "Tank Building" Scenario or whatever Gamestop is doing.

Also, would it seem bad that I pre-ordered it from Amazon but will pick it from Walmart or somewhere at midnight, then return my unopened Amazon copy back to them?

This lets me keep the $20 deal from Amazon but I get to play the game all night, avoiding having to wait because of work?

Seem fishy?

Violater

DoctorWho said:
This is what I care about most. The cover of the game makes me think it will have a more serious tone this time around.

Which I kind of liked the light hearted cheesy tone of the first game.
And I hope they kept the respawn system the same where enemies you killed before you died stay dead, so I can quickly go through the story and get to the MP :D

Violater said:
5 Pages and hardly any talk of the SP.
No one interested in the shenanigans of B Company? :lol

1. We have all played the beta so generally multiplayer is being talked about the most;
2. We have not seen anything concerning single-player that much so there is nothing to talk about until the launch...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Mr. Snrub said:
I kind of hope they slow down the leveling in this, or at least have plans to raise the "cap" with DLC in the future.

This.. I hope they are not just towing the PR line by saying it will be extensively supported after launch..

AndyD

aka andydumi
Borgnine said:

Interesting that there's an achievement for reaching rank 22 and not 50. What's the significance of 22?

22 may be what they deemed reasonable in terms of time sink. If they said, we want people to play 50 hours and that's where lvl 22 is on average, then its 22 for the trophy.

I am on the veteran's website now. How do I unlock BF1943? And what rank veteran do I need to get the old school weapons?

Since there's nothing to talk about about at the moment...

I've been wanting to ask this for awhile...but does anyone have any "advanced tactics" to share?

For example:
1) When an enemy ditches a vehicle in your base, instead of destroying it (if not used) - drive it to the back of your base and out of the map if possible. This will prevent the vehicle from respawning for the opposing team. Great for vehicles such as the ATV, etc.

2)For crates in easily destroyable buildings, instead of throwing C4s onto the crate - C4 the 4 walls of the building instead (helpful in tense situations.)

Eternal Sleeper said:
Since there's nothing to talk about about at the moment...

I've been wanting to ask this for awhile...but does anyone have any "advanced tactics" to share?

For example:
1) When an enemy ditches a vehicle in your base, instead of destroying it (if not used) - drive it to the back of your base and out of the map if possible. This will prevent the vehicle from respawning for the opposing team. Great for vehicles such as the ATV, etc.

If its like previous games the vehicle will blow up eventually if noone gets in it after a certain amount of time.

Cobra84

AndyD said:
How do I unlock BF1943?

And what rank veteran do I need to get the old school weapons?
You don't. It doesn't work.

I assume just level 1 (2 games) for the M1 Garand, the other WW2 weapons seem to be regular unlocks. I did it for free with the BF2 demo and BF Heroes.

Wthermans

Banned
BravoSuperStar said:
If its like previous games the vehicle will blow up eventually if noone gets in it after a certain amount of time.
This.

You can still take it and play conservatively. It dramatically changes the flow of battle.

AndyD

aka andydumi
BravoSuperStar said:

Yep. I think a better tactic is to use it against them. That gives you twice the amount of vehicles for your side. Even on defense, sitting around in their vehicle works particularly well if you park it in a good spot to ram/run over/shoot attackers.

BravoSuperStar said:

I remember that in BF42. Sometimes I'd run up to a tank or jeep as a sniper that was away from everyone and have it explode before I got there. Always fun to have to run back to fight. :)

AndyD said:
Yep. I think a better tactic is to use it against them. That gives you twice the amount of vehicles for your side. Even on defense, sitting around in their vehicle works particularly well if you park it in a good spot to ram/run over/shoot attackers.

Well, the assumption is for vehicles that no one plans to use. I often see defenders just wasting their RPG/C4 ammos blowing up ATVs cause they have no use for them.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
BravoSuperStar said:

I don't think this was true of BC1...

Borgnine said:

they probably don't want people to play 400 hours online just to get 1000/plat

getting to 25 (max rank) in BC1 took like 40-50 hours, as someone else mentioned previously.

recklessmind said:
I don't think this was true of BC1...
it's true, but there's am area effect to it. if you were sitting near a vehicle you just got out of, like say at the artillery on Harvest Day , it would stay there forever, but if you parked across the bridge then crossed over and went to the artillery, the vehicle would eventually blow up.

Okay RUssiaGAF ! I need, your help !

I'm dying to play BFBC2 but I plan to buy it once I get back to France (end of march) because I want to enjoy VIP code and limited edition... BUT, I have a PS3 here in russia and I can play it now...

So if I buy BFBC2 in Russia, how will the VIP code work ? Is the Russian Store is linked to the EU Store ? (for linkin the Day one DLC to my main account) ?

And what about online stats ? I guess it's upload to EA.com, not stuck on my save profile right ?

Az987

all good things
Did they change how the codes work after Mass Effect 2?

Because with ME2 someone posted the codes and anyone could use them. And all you had to do was keep using different emails at the dr.pepper sign up to get all 3 armor items.

For the SP, hopefully there isn't any crappy AI like in BC1.

BC1 had open awesome enviroments where it let you go through the level from any side and any way you want, but it got ruined by the crappy rubberband like AI that can spot you when your behind them or if you pass a certain line around them.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
So, should we do a contest where each person guesses when Faceless will reach level 50 and on which platform? We can do it like a baby pool. :lol

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Rapping Granny said:
For the SP, hopefully there isn't any crappy AI like in BC1.

BC1 had open awesome enviroments where it let you go through the level from any side and any way you want, but it got ruined by the crappy rubberband like AI that can spot you when your behind them or if you pass a certain line around them.

I read some impressions that the AI was pretty dumb. I think one of the quotes were "You will shoot enemies in the back more than the chest. I can't for the life of me remember where. I believe it was a video somewhere.

I do remember the AI in BC1 being able to spot you from anywhere though and I too hope it's not the same.

Eternal Sleeper said:
Since I'm in a spontaneous mood, I'll pm you a code/get you the dlc on March 1st (or whenever you need it, just send me a reminder.) :D

Also, these promo codes should still work if you want to try them:
CBEEAAA41NWH
CBEEAAAE4L9N
CBEEAAAFQG9J
CBEEAAAE98ZV

Limited 1 promo code per drpepper account (make 4 different accounts if you want to claim them all).
Created an account, put in the first code and got this.
You have an exclusive EA Prize for Mass Effect 2
CLAIM NOW
Seems to be tied to ME2.
Created a second account but the first code was somehow already assigned to it.

VibratingDonkey said:
Created an account, put in the first code and got this.
Seems to be tied to ME2.
Created a second account but the first code was somehow already assigned to it.

The promo code + all 7/11 codes will say that it's tied to ME2, but I'm pretty sure you claim dlc for other games. Again, wait till 3/1. I'll also claim my dlc prizes on 3/2 and let you guys know.

Shit, this is coming out on Tuesday. Nice.

I have the PC version preordered on blind faith. Haven't tried the demo or anything. I liked the single player story in the first one, and I'm willing to give this a try.

It's funny, I've heard all the quotes where the developers are like 'This time, the boys from Bad Company are in much less lighthearted situation. Things are a little more serious this time out!'

In the first game they spent most of the time murdering hundreds of enemy soldiers and fighting for their lives every second of the way. How is that lighthearted?

So tomorrow is my friend's birthday and I want to preorder this for him right now for PC (Canada by the way).

What is the best place to get the game for PC (including physical and digital download)? Oh and concerning Steam, is the preload available and if so, what's the filesize?

Thanks alot! :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom