• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoctorWho said:
The cover of the game makes me think it will have a more serious tone this time around.
The cover of the game makes me think it'll be fucking badass. Seriously one of the coolest covers ever. The original looks like Mario Party With Grenades.

Kibbles said:
Wow fuck you EA. Removing my Bad Company 2 gameplay videos from YouTube. (From the Demo, not full game)
did they file a DMCA notice? COUNTERCLAIM!!!

Starfish_Oxide said:
looks like the points took a big hit since the ps3 beta... if i remember correctly the 50.cal was around 270,000 points now its only 34,000
thank you DICE!!!

that shit was fucking ridiculous.

blanky

Starfish_Oxide said:
looks like the points took a big hit since the ps3 beta... if i remember correctly the 50.cal was around 270,000 points now its only 34,000

and there doesn't seem to be anything beyond rank 25, maybe they reserved some of the extra gadgets for that. I don't know though, I couldn't find a source. But this is the most complete list so far.

spats

RbBrdMan said:
I read some impressions that the AI was pretty dumb. I think one of the quotes were "You will shoot enemies in the back more than the chest. I can't for the life of me remember where. I believe it was a video somewhere.

I do remember the AI in BC1 being able to spot you from anywhere though and I too hope it's not the same.

Really? Jeff from Giant Bomb said in the latest bombcast that the AI was really sharp.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
spats said:
Really? Jeff from Giant Bomb said in the latest bombcast that the AI was really sharp.

Like I said with all of the info I've been digesting I could be totally off with my comment. Especially since the SP is secondary IMO for this game.

Starfish_Oxide said:

i always thought some of the stuff in the beta was purposefully made a high point count so beta players couldn't get it :p

blanky said:
and there doesn't seem to be anything beyond rank 25, maybe they reserved some of the extra gadgets for that. I don't know though, I couldn't find a source. But this is the most complete list so far.

This is really strange...but we know for a semi-fact that some weapons there are missing from that list, so maybe they haven't played their full hand yet. Still, the weapon selection screen would be damned clutter with many more.

blanky

Mr. Snrub said:
This is really strange...but we know for a semi-fact that some weapons there are missing from that list, so maybe they haven't played their full hand yet. Still, the weapon selection screen would be damned clutter with many more.

really? I think besides the rumored M4A1 that list is as complete as ultimate prestige, bar gadgets and demolitions

Mr. Snrub said:
not much missing, SPAS-15, T194, and the rumor of the M1903 Springfield and M4.

Also, ATTENTION PC BC2 GAF:

Step 1: Go to the PC Matchup thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386394
Step 2: Reply with your Soldier name, GAF name, and Steam ID, if applicable (IF you have already done this, see 2a)
Step 2a: If you have given your Soldier name already, reply with your GAF and/or Steam ID so we know who you know
Step 3: Have a mighty chortle, for you are in good company!

The Faceless Master said:

Ah, damn your edit. M4 is mainly what I was getting at, but still, would be kinda strange to have a max level of 50, and all the guns available at 25.

Mr. Snrub said:
Also, ATTENTION PC BC2 GAF:

Step 1: Go to the PC Matchup thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386394
Step 2: Reply with your Soldier name, GAF name, and Steam ID, if applicable (IF you have already done this, see 2a)
Step 2a: If you have given your Soldier name already, reply with your GAF and/or Steam ID so we know who you know
Step 3: Have a mighty chortle, for you are in good company!

I have a huge ass list of the people that were in the beta and i have their GAF name and their solider name. Should i post it? I did it today :).

I kinda stopped doing it though because i figured later on that just because some of gaf was in the PC beta that not all of them are gonna be buying the retail version.

Mr. Snrub said:
Ah, damn your edit. M4 is mainly what I was getting at, but still, would be kinda strange to have a max level of 50, and all the guns available at 25.
it'd be kinda great. people who want to play the actual game with tactical choice of weapons can d so, and ADHD mofos that "need top rank" before they quit playing can have their silly carrot.

Binabik15

I need the MG3, but engineer is my favourite class :/

And does anybody know about weapon balance in the full game, I wasn´t in the beta, but the one time I used assault class plus XM8 felt broken. Coming from the engineer pea shooters I could pin down a whole squad in a shack in the last base, killing maybe five in the process before one of the re-respawned guys shot me. Killing with a few rounds compared to the endless stream of bullets the silenced guns take made a huge difference.

it'd be kinda great. people who want to play the actual game with tactical choice of weapons can d so, and ADHD mofos that "need top rank" before they quit playing can have their silly carrot.

I don't disagree at all--I never really cared about unlockables in BF2, but it just strikes me as a poor design choice, as a contemporary shooter. I guess the ranks can still be used to help with matchmaking, but other than that, there is not much point to it if all is unlocked at 25.

Binabik15 said:

And does anybody know about weapon balance in the full game, I wasn´t in the beta, but the one time I used assault class plus XM8 felt broken. Coming from the engineer pea shooters I could pin down a whole squad in a shack in the last base, killing maybe five in the process before one of the re-respawned guys shot me. Killing with a few rounds compared to the endless stream of bullets the silenced guns take made a huge difference.

I never felt the XM8 to be too overpowered. I DO think the Saiga 20K needs to be toned down--give it more spread over distance. As it is now, the Saiga is semi auto, has good range, great close damage, and good mag capacity. It was my number one gun because in any CQB situation, it trumped just about everything else.

Enosh

christ the vetaran page doesn't want to accept my 2142 ID, althrough it works fine on the official 2142 page where you can look up your stats -.-

SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
I have a huge ass list of the people that were in the beta and i have their GAF name and their solider name. Should i post it? I did it today :).

I kinda stopped doing it though because i figured later on that just because some of gaf was in the PC beta that not all of them are gonna be buying the retail version.

Yeah, the list might need to be updated because of that. Beta players =/= retail players. But post your list in the meetup thread, maybe oxrock can use it.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Mr. Snrub said:
I don't disagree at all--I never really cared about unlockables in BF2, but it just strikes me as a poor design choice, as a contemporary shooter. I guess the ranks can still be used to help with matchmaking, but other than that, there is not much point to it if all is unlocked at 25.

I like having all weapons available like this, at 25 or so then leave gadgets for later. I always thought reserving top weapons for the very top players was cheap because it made it impossible to catch up if you start playing late or whatnot.

That said, even 25 should take a good 50 hours, so its not like everything is unlocked day 1.

Enosh said:
christ the vetaran page doesn't want to accept my 2142 ID, althrough it works fine on the official 2142 page where you can look up your stats -.-
The sights kinda of a turd. Says my Road to Rome key's already used.

AndyD said:
I like having all weapons available like this, at 25 or so then leave gadgets for later. I always thought reserving top weapons for the very top players was cheap because it made it impossible to catch up if you start playing late or whatnot.

That said, even 25 should take a good 50 hours, so its not like everything is unlocked day 1.

Some new gadgets would be great!

red dot/reflex sights are notably absent from the perk list(noticed this days ago but shoot me if I choose not to read a 20+ page thread to find out if someone's brought it up :D), I remember in the squad TDM preview video there was a guy running around with a RDS on the M95 .50 cal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDiUGS6ON54#t=1m12s

@1m12s

AndyD

aka andydumi
Mr Sandman said:
The sights kinda of a turd. Says my Road to Rome key's already used.

I agree. I dont know why it requires separate logins for each of the games when they all use the same underlying login.

By BF2 and 1943 dont register. And says 1942 is used... But I have a couple that did work, so that's fine with me.

VaLiancY

Binabik15 said:

The XM8 was a beast of a gun in the PS3 beta but in the PC beta it was balanced. It's still extremely effective but not so much of a railgun it was in the PS3 beta. I love the Engineer's submachine gun, it's so refreshing to hear the suppressed gunshots and dropped three people with headshots and then blowing up a tank with a perfect engine shot.

Mr. Snrub said:
then 1943 must be the worst design choice of them all, since all the weapons are unlocked from the start, yet it takes s crapload of time to get to 50.

then 1943 must be the worst design choice of them all, since all the weapons are unlocked from the start, yet it takes s crapload of time to get to 50.

Seriously? Not gonna dignify this with a response.

the post only had weapons, it didn't list any perks.
I could've swore the OP listed perks ever since it's inception, I know they've been there for a few days at least.

Fersis said:
All classes
Primary: M1A1 (Thompson SMG), 870MCS, S20K, SPAS12, T194, USAS12, NS2000, SPAS15, M1 Garand, G3, M14 MOD 0 Enhanced
Secondary: M9, M1911, MP443, MP412, TRCR-4 (Tracer Dart), M93R,
Perk 1: Increased Sprint Speed, Double Ammo, Double Explosives/Rockets, Double Grenades/Underbarrel Ammo, Higher Accuracy Sabot Rounds (Shotguns)
Perk 2: Ceramic Plating, Marksman Bullets, Explosive Damage Upgrade,, Increased Capacity (Shotguns)
Vehicle Perk: Sensors, Armor, Stronger Ammo, Faster Reloads, Smokescreen, Optics Upgrade, Coaxial Gun
Special: Knife, Grenade

Class: Assault
Primary: AEK-971, XM8, F2000, AUG, AN94, M416, M16
Gadget 1: Underbarrel Grenade Launcher, Underbarrel Smoke Grenade Launcher, Underbarrel Shotgun, *C4* (C4 Only when the M1A1 [all 'all kit' weapons?] or Shotguns are Primary)
Gadget 2: Ammo Pack
Perk 1: ACOG, 4x Scope
Perk 2: Grip

Class: Engineer
Primary: 9A91, SCAR-L, XM8C, AKS74U, UZI, PP2000, UMP45
Gadget 1: RPG-7, M2CG, M136, Anti-Tank Mines
Gadget 2: Repair Tool
Perk 1: ACOG, 4x Scope
Perk 2: Accurized Silencer

Class: Medic
Primary: PKM, M249, QJY88, M60, XM8LMG, MG36, MG3
Gadget 1: Defibrillator
Gadget 2: Health Pack
Perk 1: ACOG, 4x Scope, Health Pack Speed Upgrade
Perk 2: Health Pack Range Upgrade, More Accurate Barrel

Class: Recon
Primary: M24, QBY88, SV98, SVU, GOL, VSS, M95
Gadget 1: Sensor Ball
Gadget 2: C4, Mortar Strike
Perk 1: 4x Scope, 12x Scope, ACOG
Perk 2: Auto Spotter

sk3tch

Received my "exclusive" GameStop codes via email just now:

PS3
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Battlefield: Bad Company 2 from GameStop. To gain early access to the Squad Rush multiplayer mode and AKS-74U Assault Rifle, please follow the instructions below.

1: From the start menu from the game, select “Store”.
2: Select the “Enter Code” button.
3: Enter the code exactly as it appears below, then select “Done”.
Your unique code is ****

If you have any questions or need assistance, please visit www.support.ea.com.

Thank you,
GameStop Customer Service

Xbox 360
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Battlefield: Bad Company 2 from GameStop. To gain early access to the Squad Rush multiplayer mode and AKS-74U Assault Rifle, please follow the instructions below.

1: From the start menu from the game, select “Store”.
2: Select the “Enter Code” button.
3: Enter the code exactly as it appears bellow, then select “Done”.
Your unique code is ***

If you have any questions or need assistance, please visit www.support.ea.com.

Thank you,
GameStop Customer Service

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
iam220 said:
Goddammit! I think I'm having withdrawals. Why did they have to take away our beta!? Why?!

seriously! Couldnt they have killed it on tuesday?

I got into the demo way too late too. I need more!

dope4goldrope said:
I could've swore the OP listed perks ever since it's inception, I know they've been there for a few days at least.
I think you misunderstood Faceless's post, someone said that there were perks missing from the perks list in the link that blanky posted. Faceless was just pointing out that the link actually didn't show any perks at all, it was solely a weapons list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom