• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robot 492

Banned
The IGN review is out.
Closing Comments
Those looking at Bad Company 2 as only a single-player game might come away disappointed. It's an action packed, gorgeous, and explosive game but it doesn't quite come together into a campaign for the ages. It more feels like an added bonus to the multiplayer game and for those in search of that, this is a great choice. Bad Company 2 as an online shooter is flexible and engaging, offering several features that the competition can only dream of. If you're looking for a more strategic and team-based change of pace, look no further. This is the game for you.
Full review: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1072834p1.html

28lc45i.gif

Video review:
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/4186...-limited-edition/videos/bfbc2_vdr_022610.html

edit: Beaten!

Risette

A Good Citizen
Were there any snipers other than the M24 and Type 88 in the PS3 beta? If so, were they any good?

I tried using the Type 88 in the demo and it kinda sucked. And looking at the damage stats for Recon weapons, the M24 seems to have the highest damage until the M95 unlocks. Hopefully there are other good snipers in the game.

Ok what's going. I just called gamestop and they said the codes would be handed out, and not emailed. They also said that they were not doing a midnight launch.

dope4goldrope said:
I could've swore the OP listed perks ever since it's inception, I know they've been there for a few days at least.
i was referring to the post with the unlock images on that other forum, it only had the ranks/points for weapons. the stuff in the OP has been known for a long time, someone compiled a text list since the first day of PS3 beta.

Kibbles

I'm not expecting BC2 to get raving reviews besides in the MP Department, but WTF at BAD COMPANY 2's SOUND not being as good as MW2s? :lol :lol :lol BC1 demolishes everything out there. Bad Company 2 demolishes BC1 and everything else out there.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Not gonna lie... im buying it for the MP.
V__V

Fyrus said:
Were there any snipers other than the M24 and Type 88 in the PS3 beta? If so, were they any good?

I tried using the Type 88 in the demo and it kinda sucked. And looking at the damage stats for Recon weapons, the M24 seems to have the highest damage until the M95 unlocks. Hopefully there are other good snipers in the game.
they were all usable in the PS3 beta.

M95 is godlike.

GOL has the fastest reload of the bolt action rifles.

some people prefer the semiauto sniper rifles, especially when they use them with the ACOG for close-mid range combat.

Kibbles said:
I'm not expecting BC2 to get raving reviews besides in the MP Department, but WTF at BAD COMPANY 2's SOUND not being as good as MW2s? :lol :lol :lol BC1 demolishes everything out there. Bad Company 2 demolishes BC1 and everything else out there.
sound should be an 11, the rest i can see people debating on.

Fyrus said:

yeah all of the snipers where in the ps3 beta and the Type 88 was the by far the best....but they reduced the power in the ps3 demo so that it wasn't a 1 hit headshot kill which sucks.....its looking like i will be using the rifle which was 1 hit headshot kill and the best rate of fire until i get te M95 which looks like teh sex btw

No_Style

It's been a long time since I visited IGN's site for their review. Are their "early" reviews always this rushed? Formatting errors are pretty damn evident on the second page.

And why the reviewer spent more than half the review on SP is beyond comprehension.

Chrange

Banned
Single player looks pretty good. Sound is amazing, but maybe a little TOO over the top. Like the first one though, so no surprises there.

Link goes to larger version with a special Square-Enix capture surprise!

Saw the review, so I made a search for MW2 to compare the reviews. 9.5 for MW2. What a joke. :lol

The Beta is already better than the whole MW2. Lolz.

kaskade

Insane Metal said:
Saw the review, so I made a search for MW2 to compare the reviews. 9.5 for MW2. What a joke. :lol

The Beta is already better than the whole MW2. Lolz.
To be fair two different people reviewed the games. Also, 100 point review scales are stupid.

Racer30

To give the sound in this game a 9.0, you need to see a doctor to get your ears flushed!! IGN; are they on activision`s payroll? I just cant understand that the incredibly stiff mw2, can even compare to the dynamic bfbc2. I had more fun with the 1 map beta, than with singel and multi mw2 together..

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Chrange said:
Single player looks pretty good. Sound is amazing, but maybe a little TOO over the top. Like the first one though, so no surprises there.

Link goes to larger version with a special Square-Enix capture surprise!
Over the top? In a game where bodies flying 50 feet in the air are practically commonplace?

Dynamic3

ThePeacemaker02 said:
To be fair two different people reviewed the games. Also, 100 point review scales are stupid.

Well whoever gave MW2 a 10 for sound belongs on Shutter Island...Ward C, and as a result, the dude who rated BC2 should have given its sound a 20.

fresquito

Cons: Missed epic feeling.

WTF!!!

Seriously, it's been a lot since I last saw anything at IGN, but they've done the impossible in this time: get even worse.

PatzCU

RbBrdMan said:
They should have read Fersis's OP and took his advice of WAR TAPES.

gaming journalism and all that shit lol ign...........:/

War Tapes setting or not, the sound in BC2 is out of this world. Sound has always been a focus for DICE. The craft put into the battlefield shouts, yells, shrieks, the inside vs. outside environment noise, the guns, the cannons, the radio chatter, and the proximity of your POV to all the action is just flat out amazing. I unfortunately have to play BC2 through stock TV speakers and it's still incredible.

I really hate to make the obvious comparisons, but to say MW2 has better sound than BC2 is just criminal. Am I the only one that thinks the guns in MW2 sound like the same guns in all the CoD games? They don't even sound real or satisfying.

ugggggggh. Oh well, can't wait for Tuesday regardless :D

gibration

From what I played already in the beta and demo, this game is already at least a 9.5 out of 10 for me. I was sold ever since the first days from the beta.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
PatzCU said:
War Tapes setting or not, the sound in BC2 is out of this world. Sound has always been a focus for DICE. The craft put into the battlefield shouts, yells, shrieks, the inside vs. outside environment noise, the guns, the cannons, the radio chatter, and the proximity of your POV to all the action is just flat out amazing. I unfortunately have to play BC2 through stock TV speakers and it's still incredible.

I really hate to make the obvious comparisons, but to say MW2 has better sound than BC2 is just criminal. Am I the only one that thinks the guns in MW2 sound like the same guns in all the CoD games? They don't even sound real or satisfying.

ugggggggh. Oh well, can't wait for Tuesday regardless :D

I well to be fair to ign I looked at the OP and Fersis didn't include the WAR TAPES advice. That was in the demo thread.

Anyways, yea I agree the sound is awesome. I've got a Sony sound bar system it's definitely a 10 in my review.

So wait, there are no surprises for PC version, right?
By surprises I mean "Windows 7 only" or "Direct X 11 only".

I'm buying it for a friend with a high-end PC (Can run Crysis pretty smoothly) running Windows XP. I read the OP and everything looks good... but I'm just wondering...

Arucardo

shagg_187 said:
So wait, there are no surprises for PC version, right?
By surprises I mean "Windows 7 only" or "Direct X 11 only".

I'm buying it for a friend with a high-end PC (Can run Crysis pretty smoothly) running Windows XP.
He better be happy with no anti-alias then :D . The engine doesn't support AA with DX9.

I'm really not concerned about the review scores. I've only played the demo and I fell in love. IGN could have given it a 5.0 and I wouldn't have cared. Can't wait for this game.

Arucardo said:
He better be happy with no anti-alias then :D . The engine doesn't support AA with DX9.

GAH! Yeah he'll be happy... It's the game that matters (and the OMG FUCKING FROSTBITE EXPLOSION-TON!). Thanks! :D

EDIT: What about unofficial ports of DirectX10 for XP?

Arucardo said:

Yeah that's the big bummer. DX9 mode = no anti aliasing. It's the reason i stuck to DX10 in the beta, even though it ran a little slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom