• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
ToyMachine228 said:
I'm really not concerned about the review scores. I've only played the demo and I fell in love. IGN could have given it a 5.0 and I wouldn't have cared. Can't wait for this game.

truth.

Eternal Sleeper said:
Yeah, although I'm mostly going to be playing on the PS3 until I can upgrade my PC a bit more.
Cool. If I get it on PC we should squad up sometime. I'll be playing majority on PS3 also.

Taurus

nskinnear said:
The IGN review is out.
Pretty ridiculous score imo.

Even the BC2 demo is better than MW2. I can't say anything about the full game since I haven't played it yet, but I'm expecting it to be better than the demo.

And 9.5 to MW2? The game is 8 or 8,5 max.

Shawsie64

Banned
Im not really one to give a fuck about IGN and that score for sound is quite frankly ridiculous. Its by far the best sound iv heard in a game so far.

RbBrdMan said:
truth.

Cool. If I get it on PC we should squad up sometime. I'll be playing majority on PS3 also.

Actually a good friend still need one more person for his squad, let me know if you're interested.

IGN obviously doesn't know a thing about battlefield, calling the campaign not as good as MW2. Even though I'm waiting to play BC2's campaign, I can already tell the campaign will be better than the garbage IW through together in their latest installment.

I'm not one to normally care about reviews, but IGN has lost their mind (again?)scoring it that low compared to MW2. Considering I had more fun in the BC2 demo than I had in 60 + hours of MW2, I don't really care what the score would've been.

Lkr

Net_Wrecker said:
I'm not one to normally care about reviews, but IGN has lost their mind (again?)scoring it that low compared to MW2. Considering I had more fun in the BC2 demo than I had in 60 + hours of MW2, I don't really care what the score would've been.
They gave the sound a 9. Best sound ever in a game. Shows the credibility of some of the idiots reviewing.

vocab

Lkr said:
They gave the sound a 9. Best sound ever in a game. Shows the credibility of some of the idiots reviewing.

The game doesn't have great directional sound. I'm using headphones, and hearing things behind you is not great at all. It's not as bad as Source or Quake 4 (thank god), but it could be so much better. Maybe if I had access to the other audio options, I would change my opinion, but I won't know until it comes out.

Violater

The Faceless Master said:
they were all usable in the PS3 beta.

M95 is godlike.

GOL has the fastest reload of the bolt action rifles.

some people prefer the semiauto sniper rifles, especially when they use them with the ACOG for close-mid range combat.

sound should be an 11, the rest i can see people debating on.
volume11.jpg

Best Audio on consoles IMO

RS4-

Friend tells me to swing by for some dinner. What I see on the table is goddamn BC2 for ps3.

We blazed through campaign in a few hours. I never finished BC1 SP so I can't compare the two. I didn't read the IGN review but a post here mentioned that they said it wasn't epic. I'll have to agree; enjoyed the usual Bad Company chatter though.

Didn't get the chance to try mp.

Edit - still the best sound by far.

pmj

macfoshizzle said:
can anyone tell me which map this is on the tv spot trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeJ1G-JFp6A

looks fantastic. just need a blackhawk crash in the middle and it'll be like blackhawk down
I've never spent much time with these types of games, I predictably sucked at the demo and the Live subscription that I had sworn to stop paying for is about to run out, but man does this game look good. Every trailer I see, almost every bit of footage, it all makes me want to play it so bad.

I'm thinking I'll just have to take the plunge, pay for game and Live and try my best to get into this genre.

Lkr

RS4- said:
Friend tells me to swing by for some dinner. What I see on the table is goddamn BC2 for ps3.

We blazed through campaign in a few hours. I never finished BC1 SP so I can't compare the two. I didn't read the IGN review but a post here mentioned that they said it wasn't epic. I'll have to agree; enjoyed the usual Bad Company chatter though.

Didn't get the chance to try mp.

Edit - still the best sound by far.
So the campaign is nothing good? I played the first one with a friend and it was below average at best(campaign that is).

Does anyone want to play 360 1943 or bad company 1 tonight?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
IcebergSlim3000 said:
Ok what's going. I just called gamestop and they said the codes would be handed out, and not emailed. They also said that they were not doing a midnight launch.

The one near me is doing a midnight launch, but they seem to do one for the most curious games. That may have something to do with them being in the same parking lot as Best Buy and Target.

macfoshizzle said:
can anyone tell me which map this is on the tv spot trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeJ1G-JFp6A

looks fantastic. just need a blackhawk crash in the middle and it'll be like blackhawk down

This commercial is fucking great. The craziest part is that it look's just like that. Easily one of the most awesome game commercials Ive seen in a long time. If this doesn't move units I don't know what will.

Edit: Concerning the review, why was just 2 pages devoted to what could be a game of the year. A page and a half to just the single player. Thanks for completely missing the point.

gillty

Banned
Ogs said:
Looks like the PC version is available to the unscrupulous devils :(
happens with every release....

360 version too, 360 version is always pirated before the pc version these days
at least the pc version doesn't include multiplayer for those damned pirates.

squicken

Seems like the single player is not very good. I know people in this thread just care about MP, but that doesn't mean the single player's deficiencies get a whitewash.

And bitching about an 8.9. That's why publishers buy reviews. Even gamers who are supposedly plugged in can't handle anything lower than 9 for their favorite game.

gillty

Banned
squicken said:
Seems like the single player is not very good. I know people in this thread just care about MP, but that doesn't mean the single player's deficiencies get a whitewash.
the ign reviewer also mentioned that the first games single player couldn't hold his attention, and I thought the first games single player was pretty good.

Jb

Valru said:
the ign reviewer also mentioned that the first games single player couldn't hold his attention, and I thought the first games single player was pretty good.

Really?I honestly found it incredibly dull. Just a bunch of big maps with x amount of radio stations to destroy. I'm glad Dice made a more linear and scripted campaign this time around.

Salacious Crumb

eznark said:
IGN is a shitty joke of a web site but complaining about an 8.9 is just as embarrassing.

My issues not with the score per se, just that a simple name change would more than likely net this game a higher score on sites as awful as IGN (GT, Gamespot, etc.).

UFRA

IGN Review said:
The instant-respawns and med kit injections of the last Bad Company have been replaced by the more standard checkpoints and regenerative health bar and that makes the challenge of war feel more realistic.

HUH???

Is that a joke or is he serious? .... :/

Kibbles

KaYotiX said:
I doubt I'll even touch the SP till week 2, I'm just basically buying it for MP as most ppl are.
This. It'll be a while before I play the Campaign. But yet, to IGN it's worth most of their review.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
KaYotiX said:
I doubt I'll even touch the SP till week 2, I'm just basically buying it for MP as most ppl are.

Opposite with me, I like to get through the SP before I jump into the MP.

My question is, why does every campaign have to labeled as "epic" to be considered good? This is pathetic in itself; I'm sure the campaign is extremely fun and pure quality, as well as every technical aspect of the game -- labels are shallow and worthless.

My concern with the review was that every sentence had MW2 in it which in inevitable but still. I am one of the few who will look forward to the campaign and the MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom