• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

endlessflood said:
That guy has posted the weapons screen from the final game:

k12kxc.jpg

No SPAS-15, T194, M4, or Springfield in the retail release (yet).

Of course he'd be playing recon first *rolls eyes*

Jtrizzy said:
Are you referring to the M4A1 then I guess? OOC, what is the difference?
The M416 is actually an HK416 (just renamed by DICE).

The HK416 is an assault rifle designed and manufactured by Heckler & Koch. It is an improved version of the M4 carbine with many changes, most notably a new gas operating system from the G36.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_HK416

M4 Carbine:
M4-Transparent.png

M416 (HK416):
2v0fy3n.jpg

KaYotiX said:
you could see the final wpns in the beta......360 anyways. Need this game Ahhhhhh!!!!
There was no 360 beta? In the PS3 Beta the SPAS-15 and T194 were shown (which have now been removed in the final game), and no M14 Mod 0, G3, or M1A1 (which have all been added).

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Question: there's a fairly large group of people I'm going to be playing with, but squads are capped at 4 people, correct? Is there any way to have two squads find the same match together or something? Or are you always going to be limited to play with 3 of your friends?

Also, is the FAMAS in BC2?

fresquito

Domino Theory said:
Question: there's a fairly large group of people I'm going to be playing with, but squads are capped at 4 people, correct? Is there any way to have two squads find the same match together or something? Or are you always going to be limited to play with 3 of your friends?

Based on the beta, they only need to be friends. You can browse by friends and enter the same server. Then it's a matter of creating new squads to play together.

Domino Theory said:

On consoles there's no foolproof way of getting more than 4 people into the same game. You can create your squad of 4 and then head into a game, but any other friends will only be able to select your name in the BFBC2 friend list and say 'join game'. If there are remaining places in your game then they'll be added to it (but not necessarily to your squad or even your team); if there are no places left then they're out of luck.

As to the FAMAS, no it's not in BFBC2.

Jtrizzy said:
What makes you prefer the M4 over the HK416? Looks or something else?
I don't have any preference for these weapons, I only mentioned the M4 because a pic was floating around here (does anyone have it?) that showed it on some sort of BFBC2 info screen (looked like it was from ultimateprestige.com or similar). On top of that the cover art for the game has an M4, and there were photos from the DICE offices that showed a real M4 sitting on a table. I suspect it will be one of the first DLC weapons.

Brakara

UFRA said:
HUH???

Is that a joke or is he serious? .... :/

That was embarrassing. But I would say it makes the gameplay better, as using the health injector all the time in BC1 was incredible annoying (especially on the hardest difficulty). Also, I like checkpoints better than the insta-respawns they had in the first game.

Anyway, the sp sounds really good. The only thing I don't like is that the levels are less open this time around. But count me as one of those who are looking more forward to the sp than mp (maybe the only one?), mainly because I don't like Rush and I've played Conquest way too much throughout the years. Of course, I never buy games primarily for the mp (it's just icing on the cake).

WHOAguitarninja said:
I'm on windows 7. I actually tried to force DX11 to see what would happen but i'm not sure it did anything. :lol

Damn... Well, I'll force DX10 onto XP. Shit better show me some AA (anti-aliasing) or I'll provide them with AA (artillery airstrike)!

Lkr said:
when its lower than mw2, its justifiable

IGN's rating chart:

(Hype) + (Sequel to a highly successful game) + (exclusive reviews) + (moneyhats) = 9.5

(Great fan response) + (releasing a few months after/before a highly successful game in the same genre) = 8.9

(Shitty/laughable fan response) + (releasing a few months after/before a highly successful game in the same genre) = 7.8

(Game no one care about regardless of how good it is) + (releasing between AAA titles) = 6.7

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Great score from IGN :)!

I hate EA with a passion, but this game is amazing. I know it is Dice, but they are part of EA now.

The sound really blew me away. It is all the little things. At one point I was standing out in the middle of our teams base, in an open area with buildings all around, and when my dude yelled shit out, it sounded like I was where I was. It was just phenomenal.

Not only that, but gun sounds, and explosions all sound perfect relative to your position.

BC2 is solid, based on the demo alone. I won't compare it to MW2 because there is no comparison. BC2 all the way.

HurricaneJesus said:
I hate EA with a passion, but this game is amazing. I know it is Dice, but they are part of EA now.

The sound really blew me away. It is all the little things. At one point I was standing out in the middle of our teams base, in an open area with buildings all around, and when my dude yelled shit out, it sounded like I was where I was. It was just phenomenal.

Not only that, but gun sounds, and explosions all sound perfect relative to your position.

BC2 is solid, based on the demo alone. I won't compare it to MW2 because there is no comparison. BC2 all the way.

Sorry to go off-topic, but why exactly?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ha, the DICE guys are pissed about that 'MW2 has better sound than BFBC2' thingy.

<3 DICE <3

BFBC2 has probably the best sound design after KZ2.
Remeber kids:War Tapes !!!

Chrange

Banned
mclaren777 said:
Anymore where that came from? And what's with the mouse pointer? Is that really from the PC version?

lol - no, it's the 360 version. I was just making fun of Square-Enix for some of their FFXIII "screenshots" that had a mouse cursor in them.

Finished the single player and man was that familiar.
Okay, let's see - there's an EMP weapon that a crazy man is going to set off over the US so the Russians can invade? Why does it seem like I played that recently... At least they made fun of the connection themselves, with a line about 'we have to do it, otherwise they'll get some Special Forces guys with heartbeat sensors on their damn guns!'

Going to try and get some multiplayer in tomorrow...err...later today!

One thing I've notice from most reviews for FPS is that they never talk about how balanced a game is. If they did games like MW2 would get an 8 or 7.
From what I've played in the ps3 beta and demo, bfbc2's gunplay is well balanced. The snipers aren't cheap twitch weapons and everything has a nice grounded feeling because of bullet drop. You also don't see people dying from stupid legs kills as much as in mw2.

hk416 > m4a1

I hope they included the mp7 and p90 in the dlc.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I had to Google the Battlefield Veteran site since it wasn't posted in the OP and I couldn't find it in here...

http://veteran.battlefield.com/

I was pleasantly surprised that my account for Battlefield 2 was still there and it linked, then again, I loved that game to death back in the PC days... :)

Really cannot wait for this game, I was really loving the demo, too bad I didn't get the time to play it as much as I wanted to, and I can't imagine they'd pull a bonehead move at the very end with the controls for me to decide to pass on the game like BC1 (beta controls were perfect, demo version had horrible vehicles controls to me)...

And it's already coming next week, and my time is freed up again so it's game time...

GeneralIroh said:
hk416 > m4a1
Yeah I do not know why people want the M4A1. Don't they know the HK416 is the evolution of the M4A1? It has a more efficient heat transfer system so it doesn't overheat the barrel as quickly, Doesn't jam as much, and doesn't blow up after being submerged in water.

It's a shame the HK417 is not in the game though.

MMaRsu

Fersis said:
Ha, the DICE guys are pissed about that 'MW2 has better sound than BFBC2' thingy.

<3 DICE <3

BFBC2 has probably the best sound design after KZ2.
Remeber kids:War Tapes !!!

Ofcourse they are pissed.. BFBC2 has amazing sound, MW2 has just normal shit.

What the fuck @ IGN.. "Journalism" indeed.

moojito

Ballistictiger said:
Yeah I do not know why people want the M4A1. Don't they know the HK416 is the evolution of the M4A1? It has a more efficient heat transfer system so it doesn't overheat the barrel as quickly, Doesn't jam as much, and doesn't blow up after being submerged in water.

It's a shame the HK417 is not in the game though.

Is this the gun called the acr in mw2? I remember hearing a description of it that sounded very like that.

blanky

moojito said:
Is this the gun called the acr in mw2? I remember hearing a description of it that sounded very like that.

no no, ACR or Bushmaster is a gun on its own. Not in Bad Company but its a very interesting gun looks nice.

Treo360

Chrange said:
lol - no, it's the 360 version. I was just making fun of Square-Enix for some of their FFXIII "screenshots" that had a mouse cursor in them.

Finished the single player and man was that familiar.
Okay, let's see - there's an EMP weapon that a crazy man is going to set off over the US so the Russians can invade? Why does it seem like I played that recently... At least they made fun of the connection themselves, with a line about 'we have to do it, otherwise they'll get some Special Forces guys with heartbeat sensors on their damn guns!'

Going to try and get some multiplayer in tomorrow...err...later today!

Dude! I just played it on my friends 360 last night into today. That shit was funny (spoilered part) I couldn't help thinking that the SP portion was a dig at MW2 only done better:loll

can't wait until I get my ps3 copy on Tuesday.

Az

Fersis hope you're fine, I know Chile had a bad earthquake and you're next to it. We need you to keep this thread going maaaan.

Everdred

GeneralIroh said:
One thing I've notice from most reviews for FPS is that they never talk about how balanced a game is. If they did games like MW2 would get an 8 or 7.
From what I've played in the ps3 beta and demo, bfbc2's gunplay is well balanced. The snipers aren't cheap twitch weapons and everything has a nice grounded feeling because of bullet drop. You also don't see people dying from stupid legs kills as much as in mw2.

hk416 > m4a1

I hope they included the mp7 and p90 in the dlc.
I highly doubt that. Most reviews would have given it a 9 or a 10. At first glance it appears that the game is very well balanced, there are perks and loadouts that completely offset each other. The weapons at first seem to be balanced too. It's not until you have millions of people playing it that you truly find out how bad it is. Most reviews probably only play a few hours of multiplayer in order to meet time constraints.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheAzRim said:
Fersis hope you're fine, I know Chile had a bad earthquake and you're next to it. We need you to keep this thread going maaaan.
Im fine.
Worried for a chileno friend i have on Santiago. (I cant contact him)
I just found out that a family member is on Santiago. Hope she's well.
Fuerza Chile!

Violater

Dabanton said:
Has DICE said when we'll be able to add BF1943 accounts as it's still not going through.

Same with my BF2 expansions/

Was about to ask the same question as I am lookig at he site right now and unable to add my 1943

Fersis

ToyMachine228 said:
And...You STILL can't link Battlefield 1943 to your account. WHY DICE? WHY EA? WHY WHY WHY?
Wait until release.

derFeef

Fersis said:
Wait until release.
Huh, release of BC2? This should not connecto to BC2 because the Veteran status is global and not depending on a single game. And since 1943 is out a long time now, this should work, no matter if BC2 has ben released or not.

mclaren777

Chrange said:
I would love to see more screengrabs like that. ;)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My God, it was terrible! I couldn't access GAF since there was a snow storm where I live :(

I managed to survive though!

supermackem said:
Man i HATE eas acocunt shit i cant seem to link any tag with bf on be it xbox or ps3.

Got all my accounts linked up, though not entirely understanding the Battlefield Veterans thing, it won't recognise my EA log in - do I have to register again?

Fersis

WuselDusel said:
Huh, release of BC2? This should not connecto to BC2 because the Veteran status is global and not depending on a single game. And since 1943 is out a long time now, this should work, no matter if BC2 has ben released or not.
They said that they were reworking the website, that it should work OK on release.
Sorry.

Somebody who has uploaded the pictures from the PC version on the Valve forums are reporting a solid 60 fps in single player with a q9550 and a gtx 275 at 1920x1080 all settings maxed. Even had some nice photos to add too.

Saty

Have to say, BFBC2 has one of the ugliest HUD i've ever seen. No effort at all, plain black box as background and white text - just looks cheap and unfinished.

mbmonk

Just order up a 24 player server out of Atlanta. It will probably be running conquest mode. Once I get the specifics I will post it. All players are welcome. We prefer team/squad player but lone wolves are welcome as well.

Yoshichan

Saty said:
Have to say, BFBC2 has one of the ugliest HUD i've ever seen. No effort at all, plain black box as background and white text - just looks cheap and unfinished.
Plain black box with white text is slick and I like it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So as far as veteran status... what do you need for the M1, just one other game played or what?

desu

SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
Somebody who has uploaded the pictures from the PC version on the Valve forums are reporting a solid 60 fps in single player with a q9550 and a gtx 275 at 1920x1080 all settings maxed. Even had some nice photos to add too.

Thats sounds very very good! Also checked his screens. Game looks good.

blanky

recklessmind said:
So as far as veteran status... what do you need for the M1, just one other game played or what?

yeah probably just any veteran status. Easiest way to get it is to sign up for battlefield heroes and create a hero. And when you play BC2 BC1 probably becomes veteran stuff too.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
mbmonk said:
Just order up a 24 player server out of Atlanta. It will probably be running conquest mode. Once I get the specifics I will post it. All players are welcome. We prefer team/squad player but lone wolves are welcome as well.

Mannn, don't be promoting lone wolves! I'll be sure to fav your server and give it lots of love, mate.

Btw, what's the rough cost for a server? Semi interested.

Is it weird that I find the recon to be the least interesting class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom