• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIGHT-

Kholdstare101 said:
360 version = Friends

PC version = mouse and keyboard

Decisions, decisions.

Maybe both? But I would think playing with friends would be a more reason to get a certain version of the game

bfbc2.jpg

played nothing but this ever since the beta was released :lol

yea I cant wait, if anyone wants to squad up on pc version my game name is Zerocool

It's funny because I always considered BF the definitive online game. COD was just a diversion with friends. Its good to see this BF resurgence in the mainstream's eyes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Lkr said:
patch 1.3 will fuck up this game beyond repair. anyone want to take bets?:lol :lol
What will it do?

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Hey Fersis!!!

Dont suppose you could add a line in the OP that says

"PRESS BACK/SELECT TO SPOT MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!"

Or something to that effect?

Seriously.

"Battlefield Bad Company 2 : Official Thread of Pressing Back/Select to Spot!"

ShogunX

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Hey Fersis!!!

Keep that shizzle under wraps!! The less that know the easier it is to stroll into the base and plant :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
LabouredSubterfuge said:
Hey Fersis!!!

Its on the Online meetup thread i think.
I could post the War Advices section here too... mhmhmhm.

Arucardo

Great OP :D . Can't wait for the game. I pre-ordered the pc version tax-free from Åland so I'm not sure if it's the limited edition or not, won't really matter to me since you'll eventually unlock all the stuff you get with the limited edition.

Olivero

Question: in one of the early videos of the game is was explained that you could essentially take a drill and poke a single hole in concrete and then shoot from that hole. I can't seem to do this in the demo - any confirmation if this will be in full game?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok, the War Advices is now on the OP.
Spot. Its useful for your team and you earn some 'free' points. (Select on PS3,Q on PC)

abuC

Olivero said:
Question: in one of the early videos of the game is was explained that you could essentially take a drill and poke a single hole in concrete and then shoot from that hole. I can't seem to do this in the demo - any confirmation if this will be in full game?

I have no clue if it'll be in the full game, but that was in the beta, I used to drill holes in walls when I knew enemies were hiding in buildings.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Olivero said:
Wait, I NEED to see this :lol Link?

Fersis said:
Ok, the War Advices is now on the OP.
I don't mean to fuck with you Fersis, but you should know the plural of Advice, is Advice, not Advices.

Just tryin to help. Unless there is some new meme I'm not in on.

Olivero

abuC said:
I have no clue if it'll be in the full game, but that was in the beta, I used to drill holes in walls when I knew enemies were hiding in buildings.

In concrete or wood? Or does it matter?

blahness

Olivero said:

AWESOME. i have to try this

abuC

Olivero said:
In concrete or wood? Or does it matter?

You could drill through concrete walls in the beta, great way to get into a building without having to flank it or set off loud explosives. I really hope they put it back in, you could drill through walls in BC1 too, so Im going to hold out hope.

Olivero

abuC said:
You could drill through concrete walls in the beta, great way to get into a building without having to flank it or set off loud explosives. I really hope they put it back in, you could drill through walls in BC1 too, so Im going to hold out hope.

I'm trying it in the 360 demo right now. No luck.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Great OP Fersis.

I'm surprised I'm not on the wall of shame. I thought I posted more than that in the demo thread. Anyways, I've traded in my copy of MW2 for Heavy Rain so BFBC2 will continue to own my online MP needs.

Only a couple of more days until the demo ends. *sadface*

The wait for release would be unbearable if not for Heavy Rain to keep me occupied. See you guys online. PS3 for me.

Remember everyone PRESS THE DAMN SELECT/BACK button. :D

I just noticed my credit card statement has the charge from Steam on it already. Is it normal for them to charge at the time of preorder instead of release?

Dizzy-4U

I press select and then shoot (especially when defending). Sometimes it costs my life, but my team ends the job.

BTW, you can't spot enemies with select when you're in the tank, right?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
RbBrdMan said:
Remember everyone PRESS THE DAMN SELECT/BACK button. :D
The best thing about the spotting in BF:BC2 is that it's just a one-off occasion, it works and functions so much better than BF2.

Also don't forget that you can change kits. Nothing more greater in BF1942 than gunning towards a base as a Sniper, killing the Engineer from afar, running into the base and changing to his kit to ensure you are better situated to take the base by throwing down a few mines, get hit by a few enemies whilst you expack the shit out of them, pick up that stray Medic kit, heal, capture base.

All in a days work.

Yoshichan

I still don't understand when I get my experience from using Select-spotting. Sometimes I get 20 exp, sometimes (majority of times), I don't. What's the deal?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dizzy-4U said:
I press select and then shoot (especially when defending). Sometimes it costs my life, but my team ends the job.

BTW, you can't spot enemies with select when you're in the tank, right?

Wrong. Tank is one of the best spotting tools because you have additional protection from small arms fire. Tank gunner should always be spotting.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yoshichan said:
I still don't understand when I get my experience from using Select-spotting. Sometimes I get 20 exp, sometimes (majority of times), I don't. What's the deal?

That is still a mystery to me as well. I've noticed getting 20 points, 30 points, no points. Who knows. I just count them as a bonus. Not really sure of the actual formula. IIRC if you spot someone then go about killing them also there is some sort of bonus associated.

speedpop said:
The best thing about the spotting in BF:BC2 is that it's just a one-off occasion, it works and functions so much better than BF2.

Also don't forget that you can change kits. Nothing more greater in BF1942 than gunning towards a base as a Sniper, killing the Engineer from afar, running into the base and changing to his kit to ensure you are better situated to take the base, get hit by a few enemies whilst you expack the shit out of them, pick up that stray Medic kit, heal, capture base.

All in a days work.

I LOVE changing kit in crucial stages. Running around with 5+ machine gun kill streak and couple more from RPG explosions. You are out of ammo and your secondary weapon is a tracer. You see an enemy and you trace him incase he kills you. If he doesn't see you, knife him and take his weapon... no matter what he is. Suddenly you change from an engineer to a Medic and your role for that spawn changes entirely!

Oh and btw, pressing Select/Back also asks for Health pack, revival, ammo, marking an enemy base or territory or a ride in a vehicle. SO GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom