• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy-4U

Yoshichan said:
I still don't understand when I get my experience from using Select-spotting. Sometimes I get 20 exp, sometimes (majority of times), I don't. What's the deal?
Spotting lasts for 10/15 seconds I think, then it vanish. If someone kills the enemy you spotted in that time frame, you get xp.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dizzy-4U said:
Spotting lasts for 10/15 seconds I think, then it vanishs. If someone kills the enemy you spotted in that time frame, you get xp.
Got it! Thanks! Can you spot an enemy from any distance?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yoshichan said:
I still don't understand when I get my experience from using Select-spotting. Sometimes I get 20 exp, sometimes (majority of times), I don't. What's the deal?
The spotted enemy has to be killed.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
shagg_187 said:
You are out of ammo and your secondary weapon is a tracer. You see an enemy and you trace him incase he kills you. If he doesn't see you, knife him and take his weapon... no matter what he is.

brilliant_medium.jpg

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
shagg_187 said:
Oh and btw, pressing Select/Back also asks for Health pack, revival, ammo, marking an enemy base or territory or a ride in a vehicle. SO GOOD!
Need the combat rose back, this Q for everything is shit.

Yoshichan said:
Got it! Thanks! Can you spot an enemy from any distance?

Yes, and that's the beauty of it. AJ/Broken laugh at me when I spot parachuting enemy in their base cause the mark disappears after 5 seconds but Goddamn when you are landing from a parachute and you spot someone, it's so worth it!

Sometimes, spotting is ALSO good when someone is hiding behind a bush and you want to confirm if someone is there. Keep on bashing select/back/q until you finally see him and then shoot the shit outta him as he tries to run and hide.

Good times, Good times!!

Fredescu

speedpop said:
Also don't forget that you can change kits. Nothing more greater in BF1942 than gunning towards a base as a Sniper, killing the Engineer from afar, running into the base and changing to his kit to ensure you are better situated to take the base by throwing down a few mines, get hit by a few enemies whilst you expack the shit out of them, pick up that stray Medic kit, heal, capture base.
I played the beta a little but never changed kits. Can you change back to your original kit easily enough? Say you're assault, you change into a medics kit, rez the medic, is your assault kit waiting there for you still?

ShogunX

RbBrdMan said:
That is still a mystery to me as well. I've noticed getting 20 points, 30 points, no points. Who knows. I just count them as a bonus. Not really sure of the actual formula. IIRC if you spot someone then go about killing them also there is some sort of bonus associated.

20xp is for when a member of your team kills the enemy you spotted.

30xp is for when a member of your SQUAD gets the kill.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mr. Snrub said:
Wow. I just realized this game doesn't have lean...I never really noticed or "missed" it.
Ask Fersis what I do all the time. I press crouch and sprint repeatedly, this makes me a pain for snipers to headshot me PLUS I run faster than normal that way (bug or not? Who cares :lol )

Edit - Woops, had nothing to do with what you said but oh well :lol

Shawsie64

Banned
Yoshichan said:

Sure your not spotting them just before a team mate kills them? if so your getting 20xp for that, cant remember the exact term..

DietRob

Fredescu said:
I played the beta a little but never changed kits. Can you change back to your original kit easily enough? Say you're assault, you change into a medics kit, rez the medic, is your assault kit waiting there for you still?

No. Once you change you are stuck with that kit until you find another one. It isn't too hard to find other kits. Or, well I suppose you could pick up your old kit.. Hmm..

Fredescu said:

YES, AND PEOPLE NEED TO DO THIS ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY SEE MED-KIT! Let's say you see your medic or anyone else die and you see a med-kit. Take that kit, use defibrillator, revive him and then take back your old kit.

Remember: reviving someone increases the spawn-ticket, which can easily change the fate of the match.

ShogunX

RbBrdMan said:
No. Once you change you are stuck with that kit until you find another one. It isn't too hard to find other kits.

Thats not right. You can pick up another kit and your kit will still be on the ground for a short time before it disappears. I regularly swap out my kit quickly for my friends medic class to revive him and then switch back to my old kit.

Rhino

"Come on out bad guy. I'll give you some ice cream."

Something to that effect when you're in the UAV :D

also

"HOLY SHIT SNIPER!"

"ENEMY TANK!"

While the tank is busy camping, you sneak behind it, pull out the drilling machine and start drilling the shit outta it.

Enemy: "Hmm... why is my health reducing? No one is shooting me... maybe my imagination? Wait... WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT BEHIND ME?"

He panics and starts driving away rather than getting out and taking care of you. By the time they realize it, they have 33% armor or less. Pull out RPG and blow the shit outta them!

Ofcourse, if he does realize it, he will get out. You will know he got out if you see the armor of the Tank increase instead of decrease with a "Enter the vehicle" indicator showing up. This is where the fun starts!

As he gets out, you get in and give 'em hell, soldier!!

Mr. Snrub said:
Just noticed that not only do you get the rush game mode via gamestop preorder, but also the silenced AKSU. Dammit!

It's Squad Rush mode that's "30 days exclusive to Gamestop" not Rush mode. That said, if you have a very decent/nice friend's list, then don't sweat. You can join them if they are playing Squad Rush and they can invite you as well! Similarly, if they are nice enough, they can give you their AKSU kit everytime you see them and enjoy it just to see how it feels like... maybe it might not be your weapon of choice. Ofcourse, the probability of getting into Squad Rush day one is very good as it's only 30 days exclusive in North America i.e. Rest of the World gets in Day one.

RbBrdMan said:
That is still a mystery to me as well. I've noticed getting 20 points, 30 points, no points. Who knows. I just count them as a bonus. Not really sure of the actual formula. IIRC if you spot someone then go about killing them also there is some sort of bonus associated.
? You only get points from spotting when target is killed. You get 10 from assist, 20 from spotting, 30 from critical assist. There's probably a squad bonus if you do all these as a team.

abuC said:
I have no clue if it'll be in the full game, but that was in the beta, I used to drill holes in walls when I knew enemies were hiding in buildings.
in the demo the drill still works on those 8ft tall steel reinforced concrete barricade walls, but nothing else. in the beta (and BC1) the drill would destroy lots of different wall types.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
PC Master Race gamers shouldn't need silly tips like that...

Spotting hasn't been a problem in the games I've been playing lately on PC. Dropping ammo for teammates on the other hand...

mr stroke said:
Am I the only who thinks this might be the worst "Limited Edition" ever?
Nope.

The Limited Edition game features six special gameplay unlocks that give players
a tactical advantage on the battlefield from the minute they fire up the game...
Does this mean you can't opt out? What if I want to work for these unlocks and feel like I've earned them? What if I don't want to cheat?

Really, this edition doesn't give you anything, all it does is remove the satisfaction of unlocking new gear. And apparently this is the only edition you'll be able to buy initially. Fiddlesticks.

VibratingDonkey said:
Nope.

Does this mean you can't opt out? What if I want to work for these unlocks and feel like I've earned them? What if I don't want to cheat?

Really, this edition doesn't give you anything, all it does is remove the satisfaction of unlocking new gear. And apparently this is the only edition you'll be able to buy initially. Fiddlesticks.

Yeah...I wonder if the other unlocks "move up" into the rotation or if you just don't unlock anything for a while :lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Ikuu said:
Need the combat rose back, this Q for everything is shit.
Are you kidding me? Do you enjoy being cluttered by shit in your daily life!?

Fredescu said:
Yeah, kits disappear after a certain period of time.

Dabanton

Yoshichan said:
What is wrong with me? Near the end I almost felt like saluting, so much awesome!

I did salute.

K/D ratio is one of the key things that have ruined online FPS games. In all my time playing MW2 i have never checked mine, but some people just became obsessed with theirs. The amount of people who would hide or hang back just to protect their precious ratios.

MW2 is a good game but looking at it in the cold light of daycertain elements that were introduced have instead of helping the game ended up hindering it. Psychologically, players became greedy as all that mattered was getting those killstreaks so it became fuck your teammates, fuck objectives i'll sit over here and not move to get my streaks.

Anyway lets hope that people coming over to BC2 drop the lone wolf shit and actually play it as it's meant to be played. As a team.

VibratingDonkey said:
Nope.

you could always just not use them until they would normally unlock. just check how much EXP you have and how much they would need to unlock. then you can give yourself a little medal or something for earning them.

on a related note, vehicle alternate fire was the last vehicle perk unlock in the PS3 beta and is an instant one in the limited edition, and it's a pretty damn awesome perk too!

Olivero

I'm gonna purchase the LE from Gamestop for $59.99. Question. Since this is a pre-order, does that mean normal shipping will get it to me on March 2?

Fredescu

The Faceless Master said:
PC Master Race gamers shouldn't need silly tips like that...
The Master Race is genetically predisposed towards higher framerates, but is still often criminally stupid in Bad Company 2.

Schmitty

Damn, I really wish the demo was not closing down. Other than than the God of War collection, it has been the only thing I have been playing.

The maps seem to be of really high quality, especially that last snow one.

Dizzy-4U

Good game Fers. I think there was another gaffer with us.

To that dude: Sorry for my terrible english man, I lost the practice of "speaking" the lenguage. I'll speak better the next time, promise!

Great thread Fersis.

Look forward to playing with PS3 GAF next week. The first few weeks are going to be easy experience! After 55hrs I now have about 1.2 mil exp so it will be interesting to reacquire that and actually get all of the unlocks. Definitely looking forward to the auto-spot perk. I am assuming it will work like 1943.

DietRob

Dizzy-4U said:
Good game Fers. I think there was another gaffer with us.

To that dude: Sorry for my terrible english man, I lost the practice of "speaking" the lenguage. I'll speak better the next time, promise!

That was me! And no worries. Words don't matter much when bullets are flying. :lol

I had a horrible first outing when I joined you guys, I hate joining right in the middle. Gets me very lost. The second game we owned that shit though! Good games guys.

You only get points for spotting if the person is killed by a teammate while you are spotting them. Meaning they have to have the orange triangle above their head when they die. You get 10 points if the person who kills them is on your team but not in your squad. Spot kills from squad members net's you 20 points.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I don't want the demo to go away :(.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Just pre-ordered the LE @ amazon. I couldn't resist the $20 credit. The LE content is just game codes, correct?

I'm picking up the 360 version on day one. My GamerTag is RyoGCH is any of you run into me online. I'll be on the BC2 demo here and there until release as well.

Cynar

Dizzy-4U said:
Spotting lasts for 10/15 seconds I think, then it vanish. If someone kills the enemy you spotted in that time frame, you get xp.

it's a lot shorter than 10/15 seconds :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom