• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

cresto

Fanfuckingtastic. I was playing the demo and enjoying myself when I get redringed -_- I better get this shit back quick or else there will be hell to pay! :mad:

Good info all over thanks for the thread.

Cynar said:
it's a lot shorter than 10/15 seconds :lol

Even so, the point is spotting helps your teammates, and you are rewarded for it as well. So fucking do it to give your team a better chance at winning. Everyone likes winning.

I'm picking this up day one most likely. I'm still in doubt if I will like it as much as 1943 though.
Didn't like the BC1 single player mode, (it felt cheap and rushed... and knowing some things about the dev process, it was!) but still can't wait to check this out.

One thing that bothers me is that the fans of this game are showing some kind of false elitism :lol (Glorious Battlefield Masterrace vs. dirty MW2 peasants...) Stop being douches!

torontoml

Man I just played the longest match in the demo, must have been 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Was going well defending I ended up getting the big tank so then they couldn't even get down the hill. So most of their team ended up quiting they still had like 40 tickets left and 2 guys so it was going to be awhile but whatever. After about 10 min a guy on our team decides to blow up A and B, and then everyone but 3 guys including me on our team quits, I still have the tank so it is still quite hard for him to get by, the other guy on the attackers never shows up. So after awhile of just murdering the guy somehow he gets by and eventually takes out the two bases, as I'm the only one doing anything now.

Now this is where I spend probably close to half an hour just murdering the guy every time he comes down the hill, sending messages back and forth trying to get each other to quit. It was just ridiculous, he got A but couldn't get to B and anytime he did I was able to kill him and defuse it. So eventually a bunch of people joined the game and it was over after another 10 minutes. I ended up with a final score of 6900 with 4500 in bonus points, first time I ever had a higher score then my bonus score.

Yes I know that was long winded but it was just such a ridiculous match.

gillFTR

Man I Have a problem on march 2... MLB 10 the show or BF2BC. I am a trophy whore, but why cant EA start matching sony with their prices in canada and have it at 60$. Also a week after that FF, then I got my GoW3 ultimate edition on pre order. I WILL BE POOR!!!!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
21,000 points in a single game, hot damn :lol.

I'm really interested in the multiplayer for this. If it's great than I'll pick it up for sure.

But Modern Warfare 2 is releasing their first map packs soon. I wonder how that'll play into Bad Company 2's first week sales?

CryptiK said:
What price is the BFBC2 steam version? on US store?
Pre-Purchase Battlefield Bad Company 2 Limited Edition 49.99
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition is only available until March 16th at 12:01 AM PST. It includes 6 unlocks and instants beta access that ends February 25th!

CryptiK

Cat in the Hat said:
Pre-Purchase Battlefield Bad Company 2 Limited Edition 49.99
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition is only available until March 16th at 12:01 AM PST. It includes 6 unlocks and instants beta access that ends February 25th!
great the Aussie store has gone up to 69.99 and now I cant afford it.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I'm really interested in the multiplayer for this. If it's great than I'll pick it up for sure.

But Modern Warfare 2 is releasing their first map packs soon. I wonder how that'll play into Bad Company 2's first week sales?

First map pack for the 360. I feel that could actually end up helping sales for disenchanted PS3 MW2 players. It could make a small, small dent in 360 sales, but I really don't think it will. And PC users... well, they are going to buy this shit up even more now after this reminder of how little IW cares about the PC crowd.

Eric WK

Tokubetsu said:
but the limited edition doesn't cost you any extra....

Dude, this trend of locking content for people who don't buy the Limited Edition has GOT TO STOP.

What platform you buying this on?

mclaren777

Tokubetsu said:
but the limited edition doesn't cost you any extra....
I know, but I don't like the coverart (although I've heard they changed it) and I don't like the message it sends (that EA can entice us with this crap to artificially boost first-month sales).

CryptiK

Eric WK said:
Dude, this trend of locking content for people who don't buy the Limited Edition has GOT TO STOP.

What platform you buying this on?
sigh the content inst locked.. you get it early instead of ranking up learn to read.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
daxter01 said:
how is pc version performance i ve heard is pretty bad right?

Runs flawlessly on my new rig, and only a FPS issue (that was patched) on my old one.

pretty much a constant 60FPS unless everything is exploding, which drops to 50ish at times.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
EvaPlusMinus said:
Runs flawlessly on my new rig, and only a FPS issue (that was patched) on my old one.

pretty much a constant 60FPS unless everything is exploding, which drops to 50ish at times.
thats a good news thanks i didnt like bad company 1 on ps3

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
EvaPlusMinus said:

sorry if you've posted it before, but what are the specs on your new rig?

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Big Ass Ramp said:
sorry if you've posted it before, but what are the specs on your new rig?

965 BE
DDR3 4gigs
HD 5770

Haven't overclocked anything yet.

scoobs

I just want to let everyone know that I just went 51-10 and got 26,000 points in one game. Dammit this game is good.

Irish

shagg_187 said:
Yes, and that's the beauty of it. AJ/Broken laugh at me when I spot parachuting enemy in their base cause the mark disappears after 5 seconds but Goddamn when you are landing from a parachute and you spot someone, it's so worth it!

You shouldn't be just spotting those paratroopers; you should be getting a Marksman Headshot on them with your M24. You know, like I've done twice now. :p

KillerAJD

Pre-ordered the PS3 version earlier today (well, yesterday now). Should I have recieved a code for the Squad Rush mode? (I pre-ordered at Gamestop) Or will it come with the game? I figure I should have gotten something from the cashier, but I forgot to ask (I also forgot to ask if they had any GoWIII posters left too, since I pre-ordered that as well :/)

Taurus

finished13.jpg

I made my pre-order last December. Can't wait for the full game to be released! :p~~

logen9999

Banned
Taurus said:
http://azarimy.tanggam.com/wp-content/gallery/Comics/BFBC2/finished13.jpg

I made my pre-order last December. Can't wait for the full game to be released! :p~~

spot o. i just played a match that had 6 snipers on that hill all being useless.

btw is anyone else having hit detection issues still? i've pumped 20 rounds into people with the xm8 ajd they dont go down. i hope this gets patch since the 36- demo has much better hit detection. either that or the weapons simply do a lot more damage.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:

Bad Company is a much better "modern warfare" shooter than MW2 is.

moojito

shagg_187 said:
*salutes*

To me, PC players are the original paratroopers in D-Day while Console players are the harcore dug into the trenches at Bastogne:p

Fixed that right up for ya there, chief!

I'm secretly jealous my pc couldn't handle the loading screen of this game. mouse and keyboard 4lief! :<

Also rawr@OP. Subscribed, etc!

Ducks

I like the way everything feels in the game, it's just...smooth. My only gripe is not being able to go back into the main menu after a match. If I want to look at my stats or something I have to start a new game and then quit.

Oh and I had been playing it with the volume turned down at night, but tonight I decided to play with headphones. I can't believe how much I was missing out :lol

spats

Ultimate thread of the forever!

Usually when I buy a console shooter, I finish the SP first, and then go for the MP. Might just do the opposite with this one. The beta & demo were both so damn fun.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dizzy-4U said:
You're a sick person. SICK!!!

And I was happy with my 2500 points. I'm gonna cry in the corner now, thanks!!
Great matches yesterday. The rolling Apache was sick.

RbBrdMan said:
That was me! And no worries. Words don't matter much when bullets are flying. :lol

I had a horrible first outing when I joined you guys, I hate joining right in the middle. Gets me very lost. The second game we owned that shit though! Good games guys.
Awesome comeback on the last match!
History was made last night.

And yeah, same as Dizzy-4U my english is rusty so bare with us a little more.

Gowans

Been loving the demo, can't remember the last time I played on so much.

Hopefully this will pull a bunch of my buds from MW2 on live and I can get some good party games going.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Really, I can't wait to start actually unlocking stuff. The 'feel' of some of these weapons is top notch especially with 'war tapes' as the sound setting. I can't wait to see what some of the other sniper rifles are like. I also hope that at some point you can put some sort of scope on the assault rifles to get away from using the just iron sights.

I'm pretty addicted to the Rush mode. This sort of objective is much more fun than just a straight up deathmatch. I also LOVE the fact that your Kills and Deaths are not broadcast to all the players on the leaderboards. With this step DICE has all but eliminated those seeking to only up their K/D ratio.

Are there any stats on how many people have downloaded and are playing the demo? IMO releasing this demo beats any adverts that EA/DICE could have done. I know it got me to stop playing the other BIG FPS on the spot. I wonder what percentage of those that downloaded the demo will purchase? This game deserves to sell well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom