• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jtrizzy said:
With regard to the new point levels--Wow!

I'm glad they lowered them, but I think they took it too far. In the beta it took 270K to get the M16, now only 47K:lol that will take no time. Either way I'm just glad it won't take ridiculous point totals to unlock weapons and perks.

XM8 is 3K:lol I'll have that in the first game:lol
seriously, i am SOOO happy that the points aren't retarded anymore. double dippers rejoice!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
EvaPlusMinus said:
Is it weird that I find the recon to be the least interesting class?

The motion sensor and C4 make it a pretty flexible class. Depending on your kit options you can be effective at any range. In fact, it's probably one of the best kits for CQB.

Not every wookie you see is a douchey sniper. Storming/defending an M-Com, a recon with SMG/Motion Sensor is probably your best friend. :lol

U2NUMB

Ugh.. the Veterans page is still messed up. It wont let me enter any of my 1942 or vietnam keys. Says they are already taken. Anyone know how to get around this or fix this?

Olivero

recklessmind said:
The motion sensor and C4 make it a pretty flexible class. Depending on your kit options you can be effective at any range. In fact, it's probably one of the best kits for CQB.

Not every wookie you see is a douchey sniper. Storming/defending an M-Com, a recon with SMG/Motion Sensor is probably your best friend. :lol

One of the reasons I love recon class is because people always assume I have a sniper and play accordingly so. Then blam! Blam-o! Blam!

mbmonk

EvaPlusMinus said:
I'll be sure to fav your server and give it lots of love, mate.

Thanks. I would love to have you and other Gaffers on the server. :D

EvaPlusMinus said:
Btw, what's the rough cost for a server? Semi interested.

Preorder discounts vary from provider to provider. Preorder discount run from $1.25 per slot up to about $1.95 per slot per month.

Once the preorder discounts are removed it seems pretty standard that the prices are going to run $2 a slot per month.

So who's playing on PC again?

waiting for my Mobo to arrive but looking forward to seeing you kids on Steam

GAF BATTLEFIELD2 CLAN REASSEMBLE!!!!

AgentOtaku said:

I already have my pc version pre-ordered on steam. Just waiting for pre-load. Possibility it will be tomorrow since that's when EA is having theirs for their DD service.

Here's the official PC meetup thread. Can't wait to frag you Otaku!!

SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
Somebody who has uploaded the pictures from the PC version on the Valve forums are reporting a solid 60 fps in single player with a q9550 and a gtx 275 at 1920x1080 all settings maxed. Even had some nice photos to add too.
link?

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
hmmm, thanks for the info pops

AgentOtaku said:

I am. Built a new pc for this sexy thang.

mclaren777

There seems to be a lot of swearing in SP--I was hoping that crap only existed in MP.

I'm going to be really bummed if B Company is frequently using foul language. :(

Ballistictiger said:
Yeah I do not know why people want the M4A1. Don't they know the HK416 is the evolution of the M4A1? It has a more efficient heat transfer system so it doesn't overheat the barrel as quickly, Doesn't jam as much, and doesn't blow up after being submerged in water.

It's a shame the HK417 is not in the game though.
Same reason people are excited about the Garand when the M14 is in the game. Don't look too much into it.

MMaRsu

mclaren777 said:
There seems to be a lot of swearing in SP--I was hoping that crap only existed in MP.

I'm going to be really bummed if B Company is frequently using foul language. :(

Yeah you're shooting dudes in the face but swearing is totally wrong.

Oh the hypocracy.

todahawk

Ballistictiger said:
Yeah I do not know why people want the M4A1. Don't they know the HK416 is the evolution of the M4A1? It has a more efficient heat transfer system so it doesn't overheat the barrel as quickly, Doesn't jam as much, and doesn't blow up after being submerged in water.

Maybe they don't want to deal with metal fume fever.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
AgentOtaku said:

I'm sure I will get it. However most of my time will be spent on the ps3, at least the first several months.
As soon as there is a sale on the PC version I'll pick it up then. :D

MMaRsu said:
Yeah you're shooting dudes in the face but swearing is totally wrong.

Oh the hypocracy.
Hypocrisy - and it's not really. The swearing is actually real, the killing is actually fake.

/not bothered by it, but this stupid calling out of people who find the language gratuitous is getting old.

RS4-

So out of sheer boredom and unable to wait until Tuesday, I decide to bootup mw1 for PC.

Only took me a few seconds to think about how fucking awful COD is.

Varth

Just finished watching the Mark Remo tutorial video linked in the OP. Pretty much the best video of this kind I've ever watched. Funny and informative. Be sure not to miss it!

Nabs said:
will my bc2 username carryover from the pc beta?

I'm pretty sure. Reason, i used my email on the badcompany 2 veteran site to register Battlefield2. If not, we will probably just have to make new accounts with the same name.

MotorbreathX said:
Along with that, will our progress from the demo be carried over?

I'm positive our stats will be reset.

MMaRsu

elrechazao said:
Hypocrisy - and it's not really. The swearing is actually real, the killing is actually fake.

/not bothered by it, but this stupid calling out of people who find the language gratuitous is getting old.

My bad about the spelling error but isn't there a option to turn the swearing off? Still I find it stupid that you could be offended by language in a game where you kill people.

It's also more realistic. Soldiers swear.

Evolved1

MMaRsu said:
My bad about the spelling error but isn't there a option to turn the swearing off? Still I find it stupid that you could be offended by language in a game where you kill people.

It's also more realistic. Soldiers swear.

We had this thread already... it was really long and equally annoying.

On a completely different note: My vet status on EA's page right now is Rank 2. Is that enough to get the M1?

recklessmind said:
We had this thread already... it was really long and equally annoying.

On a completely different note: My vet status on EA's page right now is Rank 2. Is that enough to get the M1?

you only need rank 1 to get awards from the vet page, so yes.

Evolved1

Eternal Sleeper said:
you only need rank 1 to get awards from the vet page, so yes.

Thanks.

That was actually pretty painless. Took like 30 secs to link three games... usually EA's account stuff is a nightmare.

Chrange said:
Finished the single player and man was that familiar.
Okay, let's see - there's an EMP weapon that a crazy man is going to set off over the US so the Russians can invade? Why does it seem like I played that recently... At least they made fun of the connection themselves, with a line about 'we have to do it, otherwise they'll get some Special Forces guys with heartbeat sensors on their damn guns!'

You realize that was sort of the point, right?

Violater

blanky said:
yeah probably just any veteran status. Easiest way to get it is to sign up for battlefield heroes and create a hero. And when you play BC2 BC1 probably becomes veteran stuff too.

Created a BF Hero and I don't see the option to add it to my account.

Chrange

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
You realize that was sort of the point, right?

Yeah, but as parodies go it wasn't really well executed. There's only one real instance of poking fun at MW - the rest of the time it's just aping the storyline. I'd have loved it if the game had more of the humor of the first one and really put the screws to the MW franchise, but it just doesn't happen.

Violater said:
Created a BF Hero and I don't see the option to add it to my account.

refresh the page, it should show up automatically (no need to input anything) after you create a hero.

That is assuming you used the same email for both BF:H & the vet site.

DuckRacer

Chrange said:
Yeah, but as parodies go it wasn't really well executed. There's only one real instance of poking fun at MW - the rest of the time it's just aping the storyline. I'd have loved it if the game had more of the humor of the first one and really put the screws to the MW franchise, but it just doesn't happen.
That'd be hilarious, but MW2 only released a few months ago, I'm guessing they threw in the heartbeat sensor line after E3.
Any similarities to the storyline are likely coincidental. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Arcipello

hmm well it seems the PC version is already on the torrent sites! but it seems utterly pointless as all the multiplayer stuff requires accounts and keys etc, hopefully not many people will want to download it and DICE wont lose too much:)

Arcipello said:
hmm well it seems the PC version is already on the torrent sites! but it seems utterly pointless as all the multiplayer stuff requires accounts and keys etc, hopefully not many people will want to download it and DICE wont lose too much:)

There will still be a ton of downloads as most fools won't realize you need a valid key to play online. I guess they have the singleplayer, but....meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom