• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Guess its all about the master race graphics! ;p Seriously after giving this game a try, I love the single player campaing, performance seems a bit better than the beta but I still had to run dx9 and shadows on low (all else maxed) on my q6600 oc 3 ghz + gtx 280.

Frame rate is anywhere from 30 to 60, most of the time it stays in the 40's or so! Anyway amazing game and graphics are gorgeous even for a console port!

Edit : Only thing that sucks is dx9 only allows 1x anti-aliasing and dx 10 performance is worst than dx 9 on ym gtx 280.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BravoSuperStar said:
Low res, visible jaggies, not as many details on character models. DX 11 lighting is better. Look at the gun model in the next to last pic, thats pretty "ew' to me....
Wait so the PC version looks better than consoles?

PC Master Race GAF is funny.

Lkr

DarkoMaledictus said:
Guess its all about the master race graphics! ;p Seriously after giving this game a try, I love the single player campaing, performance seems a bit better than the beta but I still had to run dx9 and shadows on low (all else maxed) on my q6600 oc 3 ghz + gtx 280.

Frame rate is anywhere from 30 to 60, most of the time it stays in the 40's or so! Anyway amazing game and graphics are gorgeous even for a console port!

Edit : Only thing that sucks is dx9 only allows 1x anti-aliasing and dx 10 performance is worst than dx 9 on ym gtx 280.
Thats it with a GTX 280? You have the latest nvidia drivers? I'm getting better performance with a GTS 250

Lkr said:
that is a good question. I was wondering that as well
Ahh! A quick googling showed that these are gamertags of Bad Comapny 2 devs. I used to think that those were actually watermarks by people who uploaded the art :p

http://twitter.com/Demize99
http://twitter.com/KleanupGuy
http://twitter.com/bazajaytee
http://twitter.com/L_Twin

30j1ymo.jpg

Lkr

The Faceless Master said:
you should edit the OP and let the PC gamers make their own thread, this is already unbearable and the game isn't even out yet.
Not a bad idea to have the superior version of the game get its own thread. After all, Battlefield is a PC-first game

Ysiadmihi

Banned
you should edit the OP and let the PC gamers make their own thread, this is already unbearable and the game isn't even out yet.

Without PC gamers to keep everyone in check you know this thread would turn into nothing but comparisons between the 360 and PS3 version. You're lucky to have us!

I agree with this especially since the OP himself is attacking PC gamers who are just discussing features of the game the thread is devoted to.

Pumpkins

Ysiadmihi said:
Without PC gamers to keep everyone in check you know this thread would turn into nothing but comparisons between the 360 and PS3 version. You're lucky to have us!

Is this for real? :lol

Wow.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ysiadmihi said:
Thats a good point.

But i dont think we need another thread for PC Players.
Obviously if the PC guys want to make another thread, they're free to do so.

blanky

shagg_187 said:
What do you mean saving themselves the trouble? Indeed, we are paying for the game to watch campaign on youtube, right?

nah i mean some people buy it solely for the multiplayer. Maybe seeing some of this will make them interested or just save themselves the "effort" of going through the campaign themselves. I'm not judging here, million ways to play this game. Just sharing it with everyone else.

Fersis said:
Thats a good point.

But i dont think we need another thread for PC Players.
Obviously if the PC guys want to make another thread, they're free to do so.

But why are you trying to make people who are going to be playing this game on PC feel uncomfortable and unwelcome in the official thread? That is seriously fucked up. I haven't made console gamers feel inferior or made any comments trying to degrade or bash those who choose to play it on a console.

Chrange

Banned
BravoSuperStar said:
But why are you trying to make people who are going to be playing this game on PC feel uncomfortable and unwelcome in the official thread? That is seriously fucked up. I haven't made console gamers feel inferior or made any comments trying to degrade or bash those who choose to play it on a console.

BravoSuperStar said:
Low res, visible jaggies, not as many details on character models. DX 11 lighting is better. Look at the gun model in the next to last pic, thats pretty "ew' to me....

:lol

Whenever someone posts console screengrabs, the PC Master Race has to make sure they know it's inferior and they shouldn't be happy with it - doesn't matter how good it looks. There were some screenshots of the PC version a couple pages back - the gun model is the same lol, the only difference on it is the resolution and AA.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
I NEED SCISSORS said:
So is the PC performance much better than the beta?

I have a 3.7GHz dual core, 4gb RAM and a 4890 for reference, and will only play in 1080p.

I wouldn't say its that much better, its more polished but its far from smooth. First time I ran it on dx 10 I though it was very poor, was getting 25-35 fps at 1080 all at max. I then ran dx9, all at max except shadows and it ran much better around 30-60 fps, most of the time in the 40's.

That performance is with a q6600 at 3 ghz, gtx 280, 8 gig ram, windows 7 64 bit. Still have yet to try online games with 32 players, my guess performance wont be that defferent from demo, but we'll see!

Chrange said:

Whenever someone posts console screengrabs, the PC Master Race has to make sure they know it's inferior and they shouldn't be happy with it - doesn't matter how good it looks. There were some screenshots of the PC version a couple pages back - the gun model is the same lol, the only difference on it is the resolution and AA.

We wouldn't be the master race otherwise lol ;)!

Chrange said:

Whenever someone posts console screengrabs, the PC Master Race has to make sure they know it's inferior and they shouldn't be happy with it - doesn't matter how good it looks.

Someone asked specifically to point out what was "ew" about those pic's and I replied honestly. What the hell is wrong with you? And I specifically mentioned the gun because of those reasons you pointed out, not the actual polygon model itself.

Chrange

Banned
BravoSuperStar said:
Someone asked specifically to point out what was "ew" about those pic's and I replied honestly. What the hell is wrong with you?

You asked why PC should get their own thread and I replied honestly. What the hell is wrong with you?

DarkoMaledictus said:
I wouldn't say its that much better, its more polished but its far from smooth. First time I ran it on dx 10 I though it was very poor, was getting 25-35 fps at 1080 all at max. I then ran dx9, all at max except shadows and it ran much better around 30-60 fps, most of the time in the 40's.

That performance is with a q6600 at 3 ghz, gtx 280, 8 gig ram, windows 7 64 bit. Still have yet to try online games with 32 players, my guess performance wont be that defferent from demo, but we'll see!

How disappointing. I guess DICE didn't follow through on their word and deliver a better final product. I'm not expecting 50% performance leaps in the final game, but the fact that I get a 40fps average on Crysis at all high settings leaves a pretty sour taste in my mouth.

iam220

I NEED SCISSORS said:
So is the PC performance much better than the beta?

I have a 3.7GHz dual core, 4gb RAM and a 4890 for reference, and will only play in 1080p.

Its much better then the initial beta release. Thanks to that one patch (r3?). I doubt there will any further performance improvements in the retail.

I run at 1080p with a 3.0Ghz Dual core and a 4850 and it NEVER drops bellow 32-34. So you probably won't get a constant 60, but close.

Mr. Snrub said:
Pretty sure there is no motion blur in the game.

Not motion blur, edge bluring. Kinda like that one option in crysis.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
I NEED SCISSORS said:
How disappointing. I guess DICE didn't follow through on their word and deliver a better final product. I'm not expecting 50% performance leaps in the final game, but the fact that I get a 40fps average on Crysis at all high settings leaves a pretty sour taste in my mouth.

Crysis definitly runs smoother, but still bad company has some nice 50-60 peaks, performance goes down during huge firefights and when smoke, debris comes into play. But it still never goes below 30 fps... still I would think a quad core would still perform better... oh well!

My guess is performance online should be around 35-45 like in beta... i'll post once I get some data on that! (on my system anyway).

Chrange

Banned
DarkoMaledictus said:
We wouldn't be the master race otherwise lol ;)!

That's the thing though lol, you don't see console gamers following up every PC game shot with 'wow, but I guess that's what you get for $1,000+ worth of video cards!' do you? Maybe the 'master race' could lay off for crying out loud.

Fuck, what's wrong with just saying 'looks good' and moving on? :D

Lostconfused said:
Kind of disappointing that the retail version doesn't have any performance improvements. Guess I'll still wait to see it for my self.

A day one patch could also be in the works, maybe the discs were already printed or something. Didnt the game go gold almost a month ago?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I'm curious if the performance is how it was before or after they optimized the beta for dual core. I had a solid 80fps in DX9 mode with my quad core prepatch, but drops to 40 after it.

I'll probably play in DX10 mode anyway so I guess it doesn't matter :lol

reetva

Banned
Regardless of whether or not there is actually any PC or console bashing going on here, the perception that there is is causing a ruckus. This argument doesn't seem like it's coming to a close very soon, so let's just drop it and talk about how much we enjoy the game, platform disregarded.

iam220 said:
Its much better then the initial beta release. Thanks to that one patch (r3?). I doubt there will any further performance improvements in the retail.

I run at 1080p with a 3.0Ghz Dual core and a 4850 and it NEVER drops bellow 32-34. So you probably won't get a constant 60, but close.

At 1080p?

I was in the PC beta but only played it a few times. I didn't stick around for the patches since the performance put me off. If you could put a % on it, how much do you think it improved from day one of the beta to final retail code?

iam220

I NEED SCISSORS said:

40 fps avg on crysis with max settings at 1080 with a 4890? That's bullshit dude :)

I NEED SCISSORS said:
At 1080p?

I was in the PC beta but only played it a few times. I didn't stick around for the patches since the performance put me off. If you could put a % on it, how much do you think it improved from day one of the beta to final retail code?

Yeah @ 1080p, dx9 though. In terms of % .. I was using the top of the attackers base as a benchmark. In the initial release I got about 21 fps. Now I get 32. So a ~50% improvement?

Fersis

BravoSuperStar said:
Sorry then, that wasn't my intention.
Though 'ew console version' isnt a nice thing to say.

Anyway... sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom