• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
iam220 said:
40 fps avg on crysis with max settings at 1080 with a 4890? That's bullshit dude :)

Most crysis users use ccc performance mods and run the game in dx9. But yeah if you ran it dx 10 1080 with everything on ultra its going to chug! Wonder with ccc is you get all the candy + 1080 and none of the performance problems ;)!

Chrange said:
That's the thing though lol, you don't see console gamers following up every PC game shot with 'wow, but I guess that's what you get for $1,000+ worth of video cards!' do you? Maybe the 'master race' could lay off for crying out loud.

Fuck, what's wrong with just saying 'looks good' and moving on? :D

You come off sounding very jealous here to be honest. Let PC gamers discuss what they want maybe and just shut the fuck up since you obviously aren't into it?

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Ysiadmihi said:
I'm curious if the performance is how it was before or after they optimized the beta for dual core. I had a solid 80fps in DX9 mode with my quad core prepatch, but drops to 40 after it.
I'll probably play in DX10 mode anyway so I guess it doesn't matter :lol

80 fps?? Hard to believe! Whats the lows you where getting because those are the numbers that are important. If you looking at the sea or at a wall sure 80-100 is possible. But in an open area when everything breaks loose I doubt your getting 80!

Chrange

Banned
BravoSuperStar said:
You come off sounding very jealous here to be honest. Let PC gamers discuss what they want maybe and just shut the fuck up since you obviously aren't into it?

Overly defensive much? I have a gaming PC, I'm 'jealous' because I can also enjoy consoles? :lol

as someone else mentioned I think we should be seeing a day one patch with perfomance increases, because I could have sworn the game went gold almost a month ago.

reetva

Banned
BravoSuperStar said:
You're not going to end the argument by calling him jealous. The core mechanics of the game remain the same for all platforms, so let's focus on those. This isn't getting us anywhere, so let's just call it quits.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
DarkoMaledictus said:
80 fps?? Hard to believe! Whats the lows you where getting because those are the numbers that are important. If you looking at the sea or at a wall sure 80-100 is possible. But in an open area when everything breaks loose I doubt your getting 80!

DX9 mode gave great framerates (before the patch, anyway).

iam220

DarkoMaledictus said:
Most crysis users use ccc performance mods and run the game in dx9. But yeah if you ran it dx 10 1080 with everything on ultra its going to chug! Wonder with ccc is you get all the candy + 1080 and none of the performance problems ;)!

That's cause CCC does not look as good as vanilla. Especially in motion.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
I NEED SCISSORS said:
At 1080p?

I was in the PC beta but only played it a few times. I didn't stick around for the patches since the performance put me off. If you could put a % on it, how much do you think it improved from day one of the beta to final retail code?

Its really hard to say as I only played offline sp, my bet is 32 players online is going to hit performance in a big way! So it could be 20% increase in performance or the same... we'll know more soon!

Chrange said:
Overly defensive much? I have a gaming PC, I'm 'jealous' because I can also enjoy consoles? :lol

I could ask you the same thing but in reverse. You got all defensive about my reply to Dax01 asking about the pic's.....

You act like I just jumped into the thread and started bashing the console screenshots for no reason other than to be an ass. Who's really being overly defensive here?

Lkr

I was getting no drops below 40fps with:
everything on high except shadows/explosions and 4xaa/8xaf/bloom/DX10
AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE @ 2.8GHz WITH 4 cores
4GB DDR3-1333
GeForce GTS 250 OC'd 800/1850/2600

Chrange

Banned
BravoSuperStar said:
I could ask you the same thing but in reverse. You got all defensive about my reply to Dax01 asking about the pic's.....

You act like I just jumped into the thread and started bashing the console screenshots for no reason other than to be an ass. Who's really being overly defensive here?

Jeez...

BravoSuperStar said:
He asked, I answered. Whats the problem?

You were defensive way before I said anything, my man. S'okay to calm down now. :lol

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
iam220 said:
That's cause CCC does not look as good as vanilla. Especially in motion.

Actually ccc level 4 unlocks a lot of features vanilla doesn t show. Personally I though it looked much better than vanilla but to each his own.

Edit : There is also a texture mod that replaces all the crysis mods with true life textures, almot no performance hit and it looks gorgeous!

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Lkr said:
I was getting no drops below 40fps with:
everything on high except shadows/explosions and 4xaa/8xaf/bloom/DX10
AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE @ 2.8GHz WITH 4 cores
4GB DDR3-1333
GeForce GTS 250 OC'd 800/1850/2600

Your getting much better performance than I, what operating system? Because on my gtx 280 q6600 3.0 I was seeing some 30's in open areas with huge explosions!

Lkr

DarkoMaledictus said:
Your getting much better performance than I, what operating system? Because on my gtx 280 q6600 3.0 I was seeing some 30's in open areas with huge explosions!
Windows 7 64. I don't know why your performance is so bad. Are you playing the full game or basing it off of the beta? Did you use the latest patch from the beta? I was getting better performance than you when I had 3 cores @ 3.2GHz

Chrange said:
You were defensive way before I said anything, my man. S'okay to calm down now. :lol

Thats what you consider getting defensive? Damn it was a simple question, lol. It's ok, I understand you're butthurt about the whole PC gaming master race scene on gaf and I get it, you're just attacking the wrong guy over it, mmmkay? :D

iam220 said:
40 fps avg on crysis with max settings at 1080 with a 4890? That's bullshit dude :)

High =/= max. :)

The 4890 is marginally overclocked. It was also triple-buffered which is basically free performance. Some additional config tweaking and I can add 4xAA and 8xAF, and it will still stay within 30-40fps. The 4890 is really that much of a beast.

iam220 said:
Yeah @ 1080p, dx9 though. In terms of % .. I was using the top of the attackers base as a benchmark. In the initial release I got about 21 fps. Now I get 32. So a ~50% improvement?

Sounds pretty good then, perhaps DICE have delivered. Is this with AA and AF enabled? I could never manage to get those settings working properly in the beta. Disabling bloom probably helps too, and I sure as fuck am not going near HBAO :lol

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
No full version actually, windows 7 aswell and latest drivers. Dx 10 was giving me horrible performances even! And its a gtx 280 oc version to boot lol! No clue why I would be having lower numbers...

DarkoMaledictus said:
No full version actually, windows 7 aswell and latest drivers. Dx 10 was giving me horrible performances even! And its a gtx 280 oc version to boot lol! No clue why I would be having lower numbers...

Any mouse lag ?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Pre-ordered in full BC2 360. My CPU won't be able to run this so Ill just settle with the XBL version. Besides, it looks pretty nice =)

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Relix said:
Pre-ordered in full BC2 360. My CPU won't be able to run this so Ill just settle with the XBL version. Besides, it looks pretty nice =)

So you've finally stopped making excuses for your crappy CPU huh? About time :D

Cynar

After playing through Bad Company 1 yesterday, I really miss playing the demo. Everything was so much better in the demo, sound and graphics. Funny story though, can't wait for bc2's campaign. :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Lkr said:
what cpu?

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86GHZ

Ysiadmihi said:
So you've finally stopped making excuses for your crappy CPU huh? About time :D

=P you scared me with all that Quad Core stuff. Don't worry, Ill get it on PC when I upgrade my PC. Already reserving budget for that come May :lol

Fersis said:
Thats a good point.

But i dont think we need another thread for PC Players.
Obviously if the PC guys want to make another thread, they're free to do so.
yeah, they're the only ones who don't want another thread, they're having too much fun in this one.

iam220

I NEED SCISSORS said:
High =/= max. :)

The 4890 is marginally overclocked. It was also triple-buffered which is basically free performance. Some additional config tweaking and I can add 4xAA and 8xAF, and it will still stay within 30-40fps. The 4890 is really that much of a beast.

Sounds pretty good then, perhaps DICE have delivered. Is this with AA and AF enabled? I could never manage to get those settings working properly in the beta. Disabling bloom probably helps too, and I sure as fuck am not going near HBAO :lol

Yeah the 4890 is great, I read that as 'max' for some reason so my bad.

It's DX9 so no AA (hardly jaggy though). Bloom disabled, max AF (does not seem to effect frame rates much). full 32 player server.

DarkoMaledictus said:
Actually ccc level 4 unlocks a lot of features vanilla doesn t show. Personally I though it looked much better than vanilla but to each his own.

Sure, but it seems to scale back on a lot of features as well. Otherwise how would it achieve a higher fps? I think the creator of that config posts here on gaf and plays bc2, so maybe he can be kind enough to fill us in on the details :)

Ysiadmihi

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
yeah, they're the only ones who don't want another thread, they're having too much fun in this one.

How dare PC gamers post in a Battlefield thread! Let's eject them so we can squabble over which version has slightly less screen tearing!

LowParry

Ysiadmihi said:
How dare PC gamers post in a Battlefield thread! Let's eject them so we can squabble over which version has slightly less screen tearing!

Our V-sync is better than your! Mwa ha ha haaaa!

WrikaWrek

Banned
Best looking FPS i've seen, overall imo.

The particle effects are insane, great modeling and texturing, the sound work is the best i've heard in a videogame so far, the guns are amazing, it really makes for quite some spectacular firefights.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ysiadmihi said:
Without PC gamers to keep everyone in check you know this thread would turn into nothing but comparisons between the 360 and PS3 version. You're lucky to have us!

All this PC/360/PS3 bullshit needs to stay out of the thread. It is about the game. Not a dick-waving contest. No matter what the graphics are on each platform, it is the same game. Outside of discussions of hardware that can run the game on PC and look good, I would prefer if all the platform cheerleading stay out of this thread.

Went and put my money down on Bad Company 2 for 360 today. I had $10 credit already there that I moved to BC2. The guy at the counter was giving me shit for pre-ordering games and not picking them up. He asked me why and I said because TRU has had $20 gift card offers for those same games and he says..."SO WHAT?" I just laugh him off and he then asks me if I want to pre-order God of War 3...I said no thanks, I might pick it up at TRU. And he then he gives me shit for NOT pre-ordering it. So he gives me shit for pre-ordering, and then shit for not pre-ordering. You have my money GameStop. I'll do whatever the fuck I want with it. Thanks. Just give me my Bad Company 2 and early access to that mode and don't say an extra word to me please.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
ToyMachine228 said:
Went and put my money down on Bad Company 2 for 360 today. I had $10 credit already there that I moved to BC2. The guy at the counter was giving me shit for pre-ordering games and not picking them up. He asked me why and I said because TRU has had $20 gift card offers for those same games and he says..."SO WHAT?" I just laugh him off and he then asks me if I want to pre-order God of War 3...I said no thanks, I might pick it up at TRU. And he then he gives me shit for NOT pre-ordering it. So he gives me shit for pre-ordering, and then shit for not pre-ordering. You have my money GameStop. I'll do whatever the fuck I want with it. Thanks. Just give me my Bad Company 2 and early access to that mode and don't say an extra word to me please.

You probably got Gord from http://www.actsofgord.com/ ;) That site is a riot !

iam220 said:
Sure, but it seems to scale back on a lot of features as well. Otherwise how would it achieve a higher fps? I think the creator of that config posts here on gaf and plays bc2, so maybe he can be kind enough to fill us in on the details :)
Whats up? And yes, scaling back is the only way to get performance, so you may ask then how can you make a config that's performance friendly while being Eye-candy friendly?

Well, we tried to scale back stuff that is more or less not as noticeable during gameplay while upping variables that cover more desirable visual elements. PM me if you've got further questions.

Also, I'm itching for the BC2 preload to start... :D

I don't have anything against PC players but it seems the conversation always devolves into computer specs. Something I don't care to read about since it doesn't really have anything to do with the game itself. I think that's what console players really have an issue with. I'd be all for a pc thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom