• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumpkins

dskillzhtown said:
All this PC/360/PS3 bullshit needs to stay out of the thread. It is about the game. Not a dick-waving contest. No matter what the graphics are on each platform, it is the same game. Outside of discussions of hardware that can run the game on PC and look good, I would prefer if all the platform cheerleading stay out of this thread.

Seriously. In 3 days none of us are going to be arguing because the game will be out. All the arguing/complaining/whatever is pointless and leads NO WHERE and helps NO ONE.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I cannot decide if I want to get the console version (have the PC version reserved on Steam). However, I REALLY want to play this game in Surround Sound (something I do not have set up on my PC).

I also think the MW2 community may stink up the BC2 community for a while. Be prepared for a lot of sniping douchebag lonewolves.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Argh the pain of not having the demo anymore and the torture of watching some feed is unbearable. Where is the game out already? Went to target no dice. I need this game!!

iam220 said:
Yeah the 4890 is great, I read that as 'max' for some reason so my bad.

It's DX9 so no AA (hardly jaggy though). Bloom disabled, max AF (does not seem to effect frame rates much). full 32 player server.

That sounds pretty excellent for a 4850! :D

I think i'll try running it in DX10 and at the very least force 2xAA. The beta isn't still running is it? I would kill to try it again before release.

iam220 said:
Sure, but it seems to scale back on a lot of features as well. Otherwise how would it achieve a higher fps? I think the creator of that config posts here on gaf and plays bc2, so maybe he can be kind enough to fill us in on the details :)

Personally I am not a fan of any Crysis configs. Mster fucks up the color grading too much, and both CCC and Natural Mod actually reduced performance for me. I just prefer vanilla Crysis, and do the cheap tricks like pasting the high config settings into the medium section for a small boost!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
RbBrdMan said:
Argh the pain of not having the demo anymore and the torture of watching some feed is unbearable. Where is the game out already? Went to target no dice. I need this game!!

I know what you mean man. I tried starting up MW2 again but I just end up rage quitting after several games :(.

BigKaboom2 said:
It's not about the graphics, it's about adjustable FOV, dedicated servers, and price.

I believe the console versions also get dedicated servers. And i'd bet somewhere in the world a GAFer has haggled / stole his way to a PS3 copy that is cheaper than a PC copy.

DenogginizerOS said:
I cannot decide if I want to get the console version (have the PC version reserved on Steam). However, I REALLY want to play this game in Surround Sound (something I do not have set up on my PC).

I also think the MW2 community may stink up the BC2 community for a while. Be prepared for a lot of sniping douchebag lonewolves.

From my experience with MW2's Demolition mode, this is what it will be like with the MW2 kids:

"Let them arm the crates! Let them take the bases!Then we can UP THE OWNAGE TIME and GET MOAR KILLS!"
"WTF WHY ARE YOU DISARMING!??? STOP STOP STOPPPPP FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU"

Ysiadmihi

Banned
BigKaboom2 said:
It's not about the graphics, it's about adjustable FOV, dedicated servers, and price.

Console version uses dedicated servers too (though it's really not the same).

I enjoyed BC1 on console and still had fun with the PS3 beta and demo, but when you can play a version of an FPS with m/kb, it's really hard to justify playing anything else. I'll still play the PS3 version occasionally (taking turns is pretty fun), but man this game shines with a mouse.

Ysiadmihi said:
Console version uses dedicated servers too (though it's really not the same).

I enjoyed BC1 on console and still had fun with the PS3 beta and demo, but when you can play a version of an FPS with m/kb, it's really hard to justify playing anything else. I'll still play the PS3 version occasionally (taking turns is pretty fun), but man this game shines with a mouse.

I must suck with a mouse then. I put about 20hrs into the pc beta and it just never felt right. However the PS3 demo clicked for me right away (after 55hrs I only stopped playing because the demo ended). I don't know how much of that difference is the input device and how much is the difference in builds, but I was not happy with the PC version and absolutely love the PS3 version.

I am still getting it on both though. My 4890 died so I picked up a 5850. Hopefully the x4 965 will let me run this in dx11 with a good framerate. Even if I suck with a mouse, the server options on PC are very attractive.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
I believe the console versions also get dedicated servers.
I searched and can't find anything about this - are you sure? It seems unlikely that they could pay for all that bandwidth themselves.

BigKaboom2 said:
I searched and can't find anything about this - are you sure? It seems unlikely that they could pay for all that bandwidth themselves.

based only on the (almost complete) lack of lag in the demo, I would think that they are using dedicated servers. The console doesn't seem to allow for server searching though, and players may not be able to create their own servers.

pix

Just beat the game. Was a good experience. I LOVE the level design in single player. No 2 missions have the same feel. Story was kind of corny but was action packed. Good times. Can't wait till Tuesday to hit up some multiplayer.

Pumpkins

Eternal Sleeper said:
From my experience with MW2's Demolition mode, this is what it will be like with the MW2 kids:

"Let them arm the crates! Let them take the bases!Then we can UP THE OWNAGE TIME and GET MOAR KILLS!"
"WTF WHY ARE YOU DISARMING!??? STOP STOP STOPPPPP FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU"

:lol :lol :lol

I cannot WAIT for March 2nd. :D

BigKaboom2 said:
Whatever the case may be, the FOV is what makes the console versions unbearable to me.

You guys are missing out on them BIG comfy couches. FOV doesn't matter when you're sitting on a big comfy couch.

pix said:
Just beat the game. Was a good experience. I LOVE the level design in single player. No 2 missions have the same feel. Story was kind of corny but was action packed. Good times. Can't wait till Tuesday to hit up some multiplayer.

Yeah I'm not expecting a great story at all from the single-player, just some cool action sequences and a fun campaign overall. I'm basically buying the game for the multiplayer so single-player is just an added bonus for me.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
BigKaboom2 said:

Either way, it would be nice if a multi-platform release didn't turn into which is best and trying to put down the other. We all pick the platform we are most comfortable with, it would be nice if we could leave it at that and talk about the game.

Eric WK

dskillzhtown said:
Either way, it would be nice if a multi-platform release didn't turn into which is best and trying to put down the other. We all pick the platform we are most comfortable with, it would be nice if we could leave it at that and talk about the game.

I don't know, man. I can't enjoy the thread unless every PC player makes it known that they're playing on the superior platform.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Buckle up soldiers! This is no time to whine like little girls about stupid platforms.
Doesnt matter if the battlefield is PS3 or PC, we have to stay together if we want to succeed.

>8(

Cynar

IcebergSlim3000 said:
I don't have anything against PC players but it seems the conversation always devolves into computer specs. Something I don't care to read about since it doesn't really have anything to do with the game itself. I think that's what console players really have an issue with. I'd be all for a pc thread.

yup! that would be great, I could care less about computer specs :O

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Eric WK said:
I don't know, man. I can't enjoy the thread unless every PC player makes it known that they're playing on the superior platform.

Like I said earlier, if it weren't for PC people in here, you'd have 360 and PS3 fanboys at each others throats about hardly noticeable differences.

Jtrizzy

Even though I haven't played a PC shooter since Doom, I'll admit that I'm ja little jealous of the master race. I'd really love to build a PC around BF3. When are people speculating for the release?

Whenever the Digital Foundry comparison comes out, that will be when people go to war. I didn't see much difference personally...nothing that would make me choose one over the other.

Fersis said:
Buckle up soldiers! This is no time to whine like little girls about stupid platforms.
Doesnt matter if the battlefield is PS3 or PC, we have to stay together if we want to succeed.

>8(

Yes! It's BC2 vs MW2, not, BC2 vs BC2 vs BC2!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Pumpkins said:
:lol :lol :lol

I cannot WAIT for March 2nd. :D

You guys are missing out on them BIG comfy couches. FOV doesn't matter when you're sitting on a big comfy couch.

When my parents are away, this one is differently getting played on the tv, replete with FOV=90 :p

Fersis said:

>8(

Sounds good to me. I just hope you are also willing to take your own advice! :D

It really sucks to be made to feel unwelcome in the official thread of a game you are excited about, regardless of the platform.

GaryD

Does anyone know if there are Aussie servers for this game on 360? The last one was horrible to play because of the lack of local servers.

cresto

WAAHHHHH! i preordered the LE from amazon and now i have to wait to get my stupid RROD console back! It won't even get to the repair center until monday :( im so bummed! once i start playing this game im going to be so far behind >.<

IceMarker

Question: I'm a gamer who likes to enjoy the story in a game no matter how cliche'/crappy it is, I haven't played Bad Company 1, does it matter if I do?

Salacious Crumb

GaryD said:
Does anyone know if there are Aussie servers for this game on 360? The last one was horrible to play because of the lack of local servers.

Probably not :( There would have been close to 100 Aussie servers for the PC beta though.

GaryD said:

I believe I read earlier in the thread that there will be. Good news for you!

I was reading the IW forums in the BC2 thread (ironic huh) and came across this quote:

SpaceGhost wrote:I asked my local game dealer how much I could get for trading MW2 on BFBC2 and he said:

"Sorry, we don't accept defective software."

:lol :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BravoSuperStar said:
Sounds good to me. I just hope you are also willing to take your own advice! :D

It really sucks to be made to feel unwelcome in the official thread of a game you are excited about, regardless of the platform.
It was a lame joke, you didnt get it. Let me quote me:

BravoSuperStar said:
But why are you trying to make people who are going to be playing this game on PC feel uncomfortable and unwelcome in the official thread? That is seriously fucked up. I haven't made console gamers feel inferior or made any comments trying to degrade or bash those who choose to play it on a console.

Fersis said:
Sorry then, that wasn't my intention.
Though 'ew console version' isnt a nice thing to say.

Anyway... sorry.
Its over dood, its over.
* Hugs BravoSuperStar *

MrMister said:
Question: I'm a gamer who likes to enjoy the story in a game no matter how cliche'/crappy it is, I haven't played Bad Company 1, does it matter if I do?
Some crappy/cliche story are rather enjoyable.

Sighhhh. It's frustrating watching someone constantly pick Recon and not spot any enemies, or make any real effort toward the objectives.

Edit: Now he picks assault, and basically plays the same way he did when he was a Recon.

Everdred

Hey PC people:
What is a good speaker solution for under $100? Are there any good setups for True 5.1 surround sound or what are you guys using for audio? I want to enjoy this games amazing sound :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom