• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
No_Style said:
I thought you can't replenish grenade launcher rounds with the ammo packs.

Isn't it only one at a time? Either way, the only thing they're good for is clearing out packs around a point, or blowing holes in walls so it's not really a big deal.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
No_Style said:
Stand on the pack for an extended period of time and you'll hear extra clicks with your ammo full. These are your grenades and grenade launcher ammo replenishing.

Cynar

No_Style said:

it takes more time standing on ammo packs to refill grenades, grenade launcher rounds and gadgets. Just sit on one til you're all stocked up.

mclaren777

MMaRsu said:
Yeah you're shooting dudes in the face but swearing is totally wrong.

Oh the hypocracy.
This is very out of character for the guys in B Company, and language like this seems rather common in BC2...

Wthermans

Banned
U2NUMB said:
Ugh.. the Veterans page is still messed up. It wont let me enter any of my 1942 or vietnam keys. Says they are already taken. Anyone know how to get around this or fix this?
I've been dealing with this problem for months now. I highly doubt it will ever be resolved. The best solution I've heard is to call EA's support line and bitch to them.

GaryD said:
Does anyone know if there are Aussie servers for this game on 360? The last one was horrible to play because of the lack of local servers.
There were Aussie servers for BF1943, there will be Aussie servers for BFBC2 (both 360 and PS3).

The only way Aussies are getting screwed this time around are with the PS3 release, which is now March 11 (360 and PC are both still March 4 in Australia).

Kibbles

evlcookie said:
Oh that MP stream .. is that how people talk on xbox live during games? really? :lol
Pretty much your average XBL game. Although, I haven't heard anybody like that in the demo, mostly other games.

elektrixx

Banned
Am I the only one that thought the game would have some sort of motion blur? All the old trailers looked like it had it. Is it just the PC version or something?

mclaren777 said:
This is very out of character for the guys in B Company, and language like this seems rather common in BC2...

PIC
[/IMG][/URL]

Looks like something a ragtag company would say. They're not the most intellectual but they can get the job done. If that includes saying fuck or shit, then so be it.

I'm not criticizing the fact you don't like it. Just giving a probably reason as to why they put it in.

Pumpkins

elektrixxx said:
Am I the only one that thought the game would have some sort of motion blur? All the old trailers looked like it had it. Is it just the PC version or something?

I think they used some sort of post processing effect.

Ahem.

I was lucky enough to catch one of the guys looking at the store. There are MANY kits/upgrades to acquire, this being the one I happened to get a screen of:

mifiuh.png

So, this all but confirms different skins for soldiers AND weapons?

I am not a fan of putting camouflage on weapons. It takes away so much from the overall look of the weapon in my opinion. I'm not a fan of bling either, such a stupid trend.

I wouldn't mind seeing wear and tear on the weapons though or a clean looking weapon with a bit of polish.

Wthermans

Banned
RbBrdMan said:
IDK unlocking a weapon every other match just doesn't seem as rewarding as having to earn it so to speak. Boosters will be boosters and those guys are ALWAYS going to have everything unlocked quicker than you or I. Why not make them sweat a little. Instead of having everything a week after launch.

With this approach I hope that DICE unlocks more guns and incentives down the road to ensure a strong, lasting community once everything in the game has been given away.
I hope that the gameplay alone ensures a strong, lasting community much like BF2 instead of stringing along the ADD crowd with unlocks that will never satisfy them.

Correction: these kit upgrades were in the store, but there seemed to be a lot of variation and they weren't all necessarily paid DLC.

There were individual appearance upgrades for different weapons as well.

Mr. Snrub said:
Correction: these kit upgrades were in the store, but there seemed to be a lot of variation and they weren't all necessarily paid DLC.

There were individual appearance upgrades for different weapons as well.

Could they be the Dr. Pepper DLC items?

Either way I'm going to get the HK416 with ACOG so I'm not tripping balls over people buying their way to an easier time. As long as they get no overpowered exclusive DLC weapons or anything.

Mully said:
Wow, I want to take a look at that and see what else is in the In-Game Store.

Yeah, the guy flashed through it real quick. I just reformatted and haven't reinstalled FRAPS, had to use Print Screen + Paint to cap pics.

Ballistictiger said:
Either way I'm going to get the HK416 with ACOG so I'm not tripping balls over people buying their way to an easier time. As long as they get no overpowered exclusive DLC weapons or anything.

It sounds like they just get the last weapons for each class... two weaks after release.

UnluckyKate said:
It sounds like they just get the last weapons for each class... two weaks after release.

For some reason I'm reading it as you unlock the skins, not necessarily the guns. Guns still have to be earned...hope it's like this.

Mr. Snrub said:
For some reason I'm reading it as you unlock the skins, not necessarily the guns. Guns still have to be earned...hope it's like this.

Then if it's only skins, it should be pretty cheap... But since there new achievements, it won't be free. Sadly.

Wthermans

Banned
Eternal Sleeper said:
From my experience with MW2's Demolition mode, this is what it will be like with the MW2 kids:

"Let them arm the crates! Let them take the bases!Then we can UP THE OWNAGE TIME and GET MOAR KILLS!"
"WTF WHY ARE YOU DISARMING!??? STOP STOP STOPPPPP FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU"
I can't say I blame them given the fact that MW2 has 1+ minute intermissions between each map. I miss the seamless map loading of MW1/COD2/COD:UO/COD1

Pumpkins said:
You guys are missing out on them BIG comfy couches. FOV doesn't matter when you're sitting on a big comfy couch.
HTPC FTW

Jtrizzy said:
Even though I haven't played a PC shooter since Doom, I'll admit that I'm ja little jealous of the master race. I'd really love to build a PC around BF3. When are people speculating for the release?

BF3 will be release after April 2011 at the earliest (still no release date/quarter announced---all we know is that BF3 is not in EA's FY2010 planning---EA's FY2010 ends in April)

Shawsie64

Banned
mclaren777 said:

Think its a MW2 reference ;)

They banned me from the steam! I was even plugging dude bro my shits fucked up =/

Pretty excited for this. Should be arriving here on Tuesday from Amazon. This will be my second Battlefield game behind 1943, which I loved and is one of the main reasons I'm so stoked for this. Especially after MW2 left such a bad taste in my mouth.

elfinke

endlessflood said:
There were Aussie servers for BF1943, there will be Aussie servers for BFBC2 (both 360 and PS3).

The only way Aussies are getting screwed this time around are with the PS3 release, which is now March 11 (360 and PC are both still March 4 in Australia).

Source?

I could only find stuff like:

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/01...mpany-2-to-limit-access-to-dedicated-servers/

which isn't good news :(

And the guys over at OCAU had similar stuff to say:

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=782652

Further to that, the 'dedicated' servers for MAG are pointless as they are now, due to the way the queuing system works - I'm yet to connect to one in some weeks of gameplay.

Having said all that, the XBL demo was rock solid, and lag never let me down. I'm super pumped for this - just hope my living room actually is big enough for 2 shooters; MAG and BFBC2, haha!

elfinke said:
Source?

I could only find stuff like:

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/01...mpany-2-to-limit-access-to-dedicated-servers/

which isn't good news :(

And the guys over at OCAU had similar stuff to say:

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=782652

Further to that, the 'dedicated' servers for MAG are pointless as they are now, due to the way the queuing system works - I'm yet to connect to one in some weeks of gameplay.

Having said all that, the XBL demo was rock solid, and lag never let me down. I'm super pumped for this - just hope my living room actually is big enough for 2 shooters; MAG and BFBC2, haha!
GVD has said on his twitter that Frostbite requires dedicated servers due to the added complexity of the destruction and can't be run P2P. So we know there will be dedicated servers for 360 and PS3.

Battlefield 1943, a budget downloadable title, had Aussie servers on both 360 and PS3. It makes no sense that they'd invest in Aussie servers for 1943, but then take them away for their flagship title, BFBC2.

In terms of them mentioning specific regions, all I've seen was a note on the Official BFBC2 twitter saying that the PC Beta would have servers in the US, Western & Eastern Europe, South Africa, Brazil, Middle East, Australia, New Zealand, & Japan. Now PC servers are probably much cheaper for them to rent than a PS3 or 360 server, but the 360 and PS3 markets are the bigger ones for them AFAIK so hopefully we'll see dedicated console servers in all of those regions too.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Clan tags? Bitchin'

[GAF]Fersis reporting to duty sir!

blanky

Everdred said:
So what does Battlefield veterans actually do? Is it worth reinstalling BF2 and other old games for it?

You don't need to reinstall it. It's partially e-cred and usefull, having a status of 1 or higher gives you unlocks in BC1 and BC2. All you need to do is go to veterans.battlefield.com. Sign in with the ea account handle you will use for BC2 and register the key codes for your games.

Everdred

blanky said:
You don't need to reinstall it. It's partially e-cred and usefull, having a status of 1 or higher gives you unlocks in BC1 and BC2. All you need to do is go to veterans.battlefield.com. Sign in with the ea account handle you will use for BC2 and register the key codes for your games.
Oh sweet, thank you. I thought it was the games you had tied to your EA account by playing them.

blanky

Everdred said:
Oh sweet, thank you. I thought it was the games you had tied to your EA account by playing them.

Well some work that way like BF Heroes/BC1, but especially the pc games are linked by their keycodes if i'm correct. And as long as you've used the same EA account for the same games, then there really isn't a problem. Just activate it on veterans site and you should be fine. If you can't get them linked then you can always create a BF Heroes account for zilch and when you play BC2 you'll have that 1 point you need.

oh and about that carrying over of stats. I really hope that's false. I really like doing the challenges and having most of them filled in already is kinda a downer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom