• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dries

11szbwj.jpg

So what map is this? It's not this Valparaiso as the OP suggests.. That's Isla Innocentes. Kinda confused here.

Pennybags

Ikuu said:
For all the shit talking they've done about CoD, the SP looks to be the exact same shit as CoD. At least the MP isn't a disappointment.

But Modern Warfare 2 doesn't have ATVs! What were you expecting, exactly? The Bad Company 2 campaign is more linear than the first one's, but the CoD comparisons were on the multiplayer side of things, weren't they?

[GAF] Gluon Gunner reporting for duty... two more days!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
UnluckyKate said:
Then if it's only skins, it should be pretty cheap... But since there new achievements, it won't be free. Sadly.
They added DLC achievements for "free" with ME2's & DA's Project Ten Dollar, they'll probably do the same with BC2's.

Ikuu said:
For all the shit talking they've done about CoD, the SP looks to be the exact same shit as CoD. At least the MP isn't a disappointment.

However MW2 campaign was a complete mess and not nearly well done as the MW1. Also the story of MW2 sucked really bad, that is one part where BC2 will not fail.

Man going through all these old Battlefield games for Veteran stuff is bringing back some insane memories. Although not as critically well received, a hell of a lot of my Battlefield time was spent in Vietnam. Such a good game :(.

Dennis

Banned
For those who have the game or have played the beta - is it possible to turn of the crosshairs or HUD altogether ?

I am not really fond of that damn + sign in the middle of the screen. Its cheating and is unimmersive. I prefer using the iron sights.

ARMA 2 snob in the house

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DennisK4 said:
For those who have the game or have played the beta - is it possible to turn of the crosshairs or HUD altogether ?

I am not really fond of that damn + sign in the middle of the screen. Its cheating and is unimmersive. I prefer using the iron sights.

ARMA 2 snob in the house

Nope. Not possible to remove the HUD elements.

HUD is limited in Hardcore mode tho, but I have no idea what exactly is turned off.

DennisK4 said:

ARMA 2 snob in the house
If Arma2 had this games physics and destruction, it would be perfect.

Dennis

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
If Arma2 had this games physics and destruction, it would be perfect.
That is probably very true - the thought makes me drool. The physics and destructibility in ARMA 2 are subpar, which is quite a shame as everything else is great.

DennisK4 said:
That is probably very true - the thought makes me drool. The physics and destructibility in ARMA 2 are subpar, which is quite a shame as everything else is great.
Yeah kinda disappointing. The game can actually be damned gorgeous and amazing but certain things about the engine are straight original OFP. Like the physics and the goddamned voices.

mr_nothin

Banned
DennisK4 said:

ARMA 2 snob in the house
I believe they allow you to turn the HUD off (server-side)....at least on the PC.

Gowans

Am I wrong for really wanting a Horde mode for this?

Battlefield style starting with troops then the personnel carriers, then the tanks & choppers.

Chrange

Banned
Gowans007 said:

Battlefield style starting with troops then the personnel carriers, then the tanks & choppers.

After a wave or two, you'd be fighting on a wasteland of rubble :lol

Gowans007 said:

Gowans, what you getting this one? Also, its not _that_ bad an idea, but I wouldn't pay for it if they suddenly made it DLC.

DennisK4 said:

ARMA 2 snob in the house

If I remember correctly, when I played on a Hardcore server during the PC beta, the crosshairs, ammo indicator, mini-map and the indicator for Q-spotting were turned off.

Gowans

Chrange said:
After a wave or two, you'd be fighting on a wasteland of rubble :lol

I'd love it, Horde Rush, make your way from one end of a map to the other in a four player squad with the enemies getting tougher and tougher.

Not too different from what multi can be I suppose, just seems like a missed opportunity seems like a tonne of ways they could use the sandbox to make it really interesting.

Gowans

Chriswok said:
Gowans, what you getting this one? Also, its not _that_ bad an idea, but I wouldn't pay for it if they suddenly made it DLC.

360. Boat load of people on my friends list have been flat out bullied to get it.

up for a big Borderlands sesh in an hour?

Dennis

Banned
crimsonheadGCN said:
If I remember correctly, when I played on a Hardcore server during the PC beta, the crosshairs, ammo indicator, mini-map and the indicator for Q-spotting were turned off.
That sounds good. It is exactly those things I don't want in my game.

Chrange

Banned
Gowans007 said:
I'd love it, Horde Rush, make your way from one end of a map to the other in a four player squad with the enemies getting tougher and tougher.

Not too different from what multi can be I suppose, just seems like a missed opportunity seems like a tonne of ways they could use the sandbox to make it really interesting.

Gears of War crossover - end boss is a Brumak.

CcrooK said:
Still now Steam pre-load? The hell....

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't pre-load make it more vulnerable to hacking since it is already on your drive? I'm sure they have their ways of keeping it safe, but it just seems weird to me. Great service I'd imagine though!

Proc

I am very torn as to where to play this.

I've been reading that this is a very demanding pc game.

Either I bump down the settings or go and grab the ps3 version...hmmm.

My rig being:
q6600
4 gigs of ram
win 7 64
gtx 280
1920x1200 native monitor

Flek

Banned
so do i get it right, EA is going to sell a shit storm of DLC (weapons, maps etc.) later !? Or is everything going to be free ? Somone said they dont want to split the community so they release maps etc. free … but yeha i kinda cant believe this

Blizzard

Banned
MotorbreathX said:
Just out of curiosity, wouldn't pre-load make it more vulnerable to hacking since it is already on your drive? I'm sure they have their ways of keeping it safe, but it just seems weird to me. Great service I'd imagine though!
As far as I know, all files in Steam preloads are encrypted, and I've never heard of anyone managing to decrypt one before the release date since I assume they use a 128-bit or bigger key. You can still see the files on your hard drive, but you can't get any information out of them really until release.

MotorbreathX said:

You can already pir8 the game, no need to hack steam encryption.

Deadly

MotorbreathX said:
It's already been pirated anyways sadly.

Falch

Proc said:

My rig being:
q6600
4 gigs of ram
win 7 64
gtx 280
1920x1200 native monitor

My specs are E5400 (dualcore 2.7Ghz), 4gb RAM, Radeon 4850 and I could play fine on 1920x1080 on medium, for what it's worth.

CozMick

Banned
Chriswok said:

Silly question, he only uses his PS3 for Eyepet ;)

fanbot in disquise :p

TimeLike

Pennybags said:
But Modern Warfare 2 doesn't have ATVs! What were you expecting, exactly? The Bad Company 2 campaign is more linear than the first one's, but the CoD comparisons were on the multiplayer side of things, weren't they?

[GAF] Gluon Gunner reporting for duty... two more days!
The ATV is the exact same as the snowmobile, and BC2 campaign isn't more linear. It's completely linear. You will be seeing the message all the time "You have strayed from combat. Turn back now." Followed by a ten second countdown. There is zero exploration.

So how does the map selection work, is it on a rotation like 1943 (Sorry didn't play BC1 so not sure how it worked in that game) or is their a map list so we can choose what map we want to play on?

desu

Proc said:

My rig being:
q6600
4 gigs of ram
win 7 64
gtx 280
1920x1200 native monitor

Don't worry (and don't get the PS3 version). With that rig you can play it with all settings to set high (only HBAO turned off and) and AA/AF 8x.

reetva

Banned
Gowans007 said:

You should go play Left 4 Dead. It's pretty much what you're describing, tanks and all.

Wthermans

Banned
TheLegendary said:
Man going through all these old Battlefield games for Veteran stuff is bringing back some insane memories. Although not as critically well received, a hell of a lot of my Battlefield time was spent in Vietnam. Such a good game :(.
BFV is still my favorite game in the series. I really wish DICE would add in-vehicle music back to the game.

Gowans

reetva said:
You should go play Left 4 Dead. It's pretty much what you're describing, tanks and all.
Haha yeah I love L4D, I've always enjoyed all the horde style co-op modes.

I would love to see bfbc2s take.

Proc

desu said:
Don't worry (and don't get the PS3 version). With that rig you can play it with all settings to set high (only HBAO turned off and) and AA/AF 8x.

Rad, thanks. Steam purchase incoming.

McLovin

I'd get the PC version but I know I'm gonna get my ass handed to me. KB/M players are an a whole other level. I'll probably get the ps3 version.

Flek

Banned
Flek said:
so do i get it right, EA is going to sell a shit storm of DLC (weapons, maps etc.) later !? Or is everything going to be free ? Somone said they dont want to split the community so they release maps etc. free … but yeha i kinda cant believe this

Any infos ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom