• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_nothin

Banned
TimeLike said:
The ATV is the exact same as the snowmobile, and BC2 campaign isn't more linear. It's completely linear. You will be seeing the message all the time "You have strayed from combat. Turn back now." Followed by a ten second countdown. There is zero exploration.

Aaaanndddd you were expecting........?

abuC

Flek said:
so do i get it right, EA is going to sell a shit storm of DLC (weapons, maps etc.) later !? Or is everything going to be free ? Somone said they dont want to split the community so they release maps etc. free … but yeha i kinda cant believe this

Well, in BC1 they offered new conquest maps later on that were free, hopefully they keep that up.

Jtrizzy

Wthermans said:
BFV is still my favorite game in the series. I really wish DICE would add in-vehicle music back to the game.

That really would be fantastic. Although they had it in 43 so maybe there is hope.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Flek said:
so do i get it right, EA is going to sell a shit storm of DLC (weapons, maps etc.) later !? Or is everything going to be free ? Somone said they dont want to split the community so they release maps etc. free … but yeha i kinda cant believe this
Their plan is to do both.

I imagine that after the initial two map packs, new weapons, vehicles, and modes will be free while new maps will be pay for.

Dries

Wthermans said:
BFV is still my favorite game in the series. I really wish DICE would add in-vehicle music back to the game.

Oh yeah.

Also: How can people be playing the game by now?

So, apparently the unlock time for Bad Company 2 is five hours later than all the other DD services. I read on a DICE employees twitter that they are "still working out some kinks".

mr_nothin said:
Thanks

EDIT:
Looks flippin awesome! That tank is destroying the other team. God cant wait!
Love the sound of that tank

Told you! That's the stream I was watching last night and that's the map I was talking about. Are you vbuying the PC version?

TimeLike

mr_nothin said:
Aaaanndddd you were expecting........?

I had zero expectations, but when I see an interesting looking rock or alcove a few feet from the path, I want to check it out. Not gonna happen in this game.

Mr Solo Dolo said:
So how does the map selection work, is it on a rotation like 1943 (Sorry didn't play BC1 so not sure how it worked in that game) or is their a map list so we can choose what map we want to play on?
from what i saw on that live video, you can pick the mode only or mode and map.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Brakara said:
Are there any details of the hardcore mode? I hadn't heard about it until now, and it's not mentioned in the OP.
Dont worry my good friend.
Ill update the OP when we have information about that.

Dries

pixel monkey said:
Game's been in the wild for days. Realities of life on the high seas in the digital age.

Oh yeah that's right. Didn't know you could go online with the downloaded copies though.

Dries said:
Oh yeah that's right. Didn't know you could go online with the downloaded copies though.

Some retailers have also broken the street date...not hard to find depending on location and store. Now buying it is another story. Some get lucky, some don't (me).

Valparaiso on the stream now! Damn your edit, Faceless...

The Faceless Master said:
man, the new location of Alpha on the second set in Arica Harbor changes everything

Valparaiso up now!

Care to explain? Never got to play the PS3 beta :-\

Chittagong

Gold Member
Hmm. Very tempted by this game. On one hand, I really enjoyed Bad Company 1. On the other hand, I'm still having fun with Modern Warfare 2 and have 10 ranks to go. Then again, I really, really loved 1943. But thinking of it, I'm concerned that this doesn't have regenerating health. And if I'm to survive in MP, I better get it in launch... graaaaaaarghhh.

mr_nothin

Banned
Assembly Required said:
Told you! That's the stream I was watching last night and that's the map I was talking about. Are you vbuying the PC version?
I'm getting the camera from Ralph 1st. Then it's on to working on the PC version for me...meaning another video card too!

Zenith

Banned
I'm loving this way more than the Call of Duties. Wish that WW2 mission had been a bit longer to really ram home the transition to modern times. Graphics are great. Like them better than Crysis's.

Chrange

Banned
TimeLike said:
I had zero expectations, but when I see an interesting looking rock or alcove a few feet from the path, I want to check it out. Not gonna happen in this game.
lol - it's not THAT linear. You can still do some exploration though it's not as wide open as the first game.

abuC

Chittagong said:
Hmm. Very tempted by this game. On one hand, I really enjoyed Bad Company 1. On the other hand, I'm still having fun with Modern Warfare 2 and have 10 ranks to go. Then again, I really, really loved 1943. But thinking of it, I'm concerned that this doesn't have regenerating health. And if I'm to survive in MP, I better get it in launch... graaaaaaarghhh.

It has regenerating health, join us on the battlefield, you know you want to :D

blanky

Chittagong said:

It has regenerative health, aided by health kids. But it takes a lot longer than you're used to. You really need to get some cover, good cover and hope for a med kit.

beaten :(

Klocker

TTP said:
Nope. Not possible to remove the HUD elements.

HUD is limited in Hardcore mode tho, but I have no idea what exactly is turned off.

allegedly

* No Killcam
* Friendly Fire ON
* No Aiming Reticule - Ironsights Only (and Scopes and Red Dot of course)
* Higher Bullet Damage
* No Minimap
* No HUD whatsoever
* No Spotting On-screen Indicators
* Sensorballs just start to piep, when somebody moves in it's area of effect (and only a limited number active per team)

http://www.giantbomb.com/battlefield...des/35-378869/

24 on consoles, 32 on PC.

And if there's anything to be concerned about, it's the fact that it *does* have regenerating health. Total barf.

Disabled in Hardcore, though.

Chittagong said:
Between this game and MW2, it's no contest. I had more fun with the beta of BC2 than I did with all of MW2.

Mr. Snrub said:
Valparaiso on the stream now! Damn your edit, Faceless...

Care to explain? Never got to play the PS3 beta :-\
on the second set of crates on Arica Harbor, both crates were in destructable buildings and you could just shoot them down from the hill with a tank. they moved A to inside one of the bunker-type holes in the wall across from the buildings. now it takes some effort to attack.

abuC

The Faceless Master said:
on the second set of crates on Arica Harbor, both crates were in destructable buildings and you could just shoot them down from the hill with a tank. they moved A to inside one of the bunker-type holes in the wall across from the buildings. now it takes some effort to attack.

That's much better, it was so easy to take out both crates without much trouble, just pepper the buildings with mortar strikes, rockets and tank fire.

Lkr

got back to back calls from Gamestop. First letting me know that MLB 10 The Show would be in on Tuesday. Surprise! 5 seconds later, phone rang again and they let me know that Battlefield Bad Company 2 Limited Edition for PC was going to be in on Tuesday! What a surprise! I had no idea these would be released Tuesday!:lol

Question for those who have the game for 360. Has the Custom soundtrack bug been fixed. In the demo while playing online, the custom music cuts off at the end of the round and doesn't come back on.

KaYotiX

Banned
Lkr said:
got back to back calls from Gamestop. First letting me know that MLB 10 The Show would be in on Tuesday. Surprise! 5 seconds later, phone rang again and they let me know that Battlefield Bad Company 2 Limited Edition for PC was going to be in on Tuesday! What a surprise! I had no idea these would be released Tuesday!:lol

yeah i got the text msgs too :D

Lkr said:
yeah, i just got a text from gamestop telling me BC2 would be available Tuesday AM

blanky

keyrat said:
Do you guys think you'll be able to put a scope on the M1 Garand?

I doubt it since http://www.ultimateprestige.com/ shows no scopes on M1 or Thompson for that matter. But all the other guns do have a scope in there. I guess the M14 mod is supposed to remedy that. Though that gun has a scope in one of the videos, squad rush valparaiso, but doesn't show it on the website. I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom