• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
To anyone watching the stream: does the F2000 sound completely different to you? Maybe its the feed quality...

EDIT: NM, strange, now it sounds the way it did in the beta.

blanky said:
I doubt it since http://www.ultimateprestige.com/ shows no scopes on M1 or Thompson for that matter. But all the other guns do have a scope in there. I guess the M14 mod is supposed to remedy that. Though that gun has a scope in one of the videos, squad rush valparaiso, but doesn't show it on the website. I dunno.
I could have sworn I seen a scope on it in the squad rush video I linked earlier.

Cobra84

Mr. Snrub said:
Doubt it. Couldn't attach anything to the Thompson.
Then what is the point of the WW2 guns? The Thompson seems like an unsilenced AK-74 without class restrictions and the M1 is probably useless compared to an M14 with an ACOG.

Cobra84 said:
Then what is the point of the WW2 guns? The Thompson seems like an unsilenced AK-74 without class restrictions and the M1 is probably useless compared to an M14 with an ACOG.

They're strong as hell. The 1911 takes 'em down in a few shots, no exceptions. Not a fan of the Thompson, but a friend of mine swears by it.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Is there a button config option for consoles? Haven't tried the demo on console but I'm sure it would get annoying for my left thumb to spot enemies after playing for an hour

Mr. Snrub said:
4-pack of the game, each copy comes out to around $33 bucks. Normally they have these prelaunch, but I suppose EA has to get theirs!

What's the point of these?

EDIT: Nevermind, answered when I was replying.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
TimeLike said:
BC2 campaign isn't more linear. It's completely linear. You will be seeing the message all the time "You have strayed from combat. Turn back now." Followed by a ten second countdown. There is zero exploration.

Awesome. Just the way I like it.

Just put me on a straight path going from point A to point B while letting me blow shit up along the way and I'm happy.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The stream is making me hyped - this is one of those games that it doesn't matter if the guy sucks, it's just so good to watch...

To think DICE has the game looking so good with such draw distance PLUS full destructibility - it's insane... not to mention the sound of of course...

That copter pilot was doing good till they went down though...

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Proc said:
I am very torn as to where to play this.

I've been reading that this is a very demanding pc game.

Either I bump down the settings or go and grab the ps3 version...hmmm.

My rig being:
q6600
4 gigs of ram
win 7 64
gtx 280
1920x1200 native monitor

Bump down the settings??? Are you mad? Q6600 are still top of the line procs, i7 dont do that much more for gaming... just oc to 3 ghz! I have those exact same specs and at worst it runs a 30 fps but its usually in the 40 s and later stages always in the 50-60 fps... (1080 all at max even hbao, shadows at low as it doesn t show and gives a huge performance boost)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Map Pack #2 on April 1st. Nice.

Once i get the game ill update the OP with a game store section.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Has anyone used the M1 Garand in streams yet?

I wonder if you'll have to use the entire clip before reloading like many games make you..

Got a call from Ashley saying I could pick up my copy tomorrow at midnight, but there's only two GameStops in my area having a midnight launch, and the one I preordered at isn't one of them. Have to call and make sure though.

Lkr

rainking187 said:
Got a call from Ashley saying I could pick up my copy tomorrow at midnight, but there's only two GameStops in my area having a midnight launch, and the one I preordered at isn't one of them. Have to call and make sure though.
It was Ashley that called me too:lol

I'm hoping Walmart stocks their at a reasonble hour as I need to stay up all night tomorrow for work. A midnight stock would be awesome so I have all night to play!

CozMick

Banned
Do we have an understanding on how the day one dlc will work?

I don't wanna buy the Limited Edition because I actually want to earn my unlocks.

Will I still get the code for the dlc map pack?

CozMick said:

I don't wanna buy the Limited Edition because I actually want to earn my unlocks.

so just don't use the unlocks until you get their point value?

AndyD

aka andydumi
CozMick said:

From what I read the limited edition is the only way to get the free DLC. Even the free unlocks are codes, so you can use some codes and not others.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
AndyD said:
From what I read the limited edition is the only way to get the free DLC. Even the free unlocks are codes, so you can use some codes and not others.
From the Battlefield Blog.

Battlefield Blog said:
As Battlefield Bad Company 2 comes out next week, I'll tell you about the Day 1 map pack that is available to all players who purchase the game and apply their VIP code which comes with the game at no extra charge. The map pack contains two new maps which are the Rush map, Nelson Bay and the Conquest map, Laguna Alta which you can check out in the video now. The maps will be available from March 2nd which will allow the lucky North America players to get access and practice while us Europeans wait a few days more.

Later in March another map pack will be released containing Arica Harbor for Conquest and Laguna Presa for Rush

VIP codes are included in the box for all new purchases. Players that buy used versions and don't have a code can purchase one via the in-game store for $15. PC players will get the content as a game update.
Source: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...battlefield-bad-company-2-day-1-map-pack.aspx

Lkr

Why do you guys need pre-load tonight? Game isn't out till Tuesday

Wait, PC has to wait for the maps? WHAT THE FUCK?!

Lkr said:
Why do you guys need pre-load tonight? Game isn't out till Tuesday

Wait, PC has to wait for the maps? WHAT THE FUCK?!

No, there is no wait. An employee from DICE said that the maps will be available through a patch on Day 1 that will also include optimizations for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom