• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapping Granny said:
BTW that's nice and all that your are releasing these new modes and cropped maps for free, but I would pay for some original good rush maps. so far the only decent and balanced maps is Arica and Valdez, everything else is complete shit.
I agree funny how those two were in the beta and demo they must have chosen the best maps to show off the game. What movie is Arnold in your avatar? Me you and Prawn gotta play this game again when the patch is out.
Rapping Granny said:
Ok when did this game get so fucking shitty. Where did this lag come from? why is it all of the sudden laggy? WTF? I would rather see the servers get shutdown for maintenance than play in some laggy games. Plus it is just me or did people get dumber in this game?

First Uncharted 2 screws up it's perfect online mode with the COD tard patch, then this game all of the sudden gets laggy, gets shittier players, and gets more camping snipers and then they release some phantom ass patches where it would greatly be appreaciated if you told us when this server side patch got released and which weapons got rebalanced.
Net_Wrecker said:
Is it STILL lagging? Sigh, I think I'm staying away until this clears up. Yesterday proved far too frustrating to play with all the skipping, rubberbanding, missing doorways, screen "blinking," ammo packs not coming out, etc. etc.
God I hate that "warping" lag. Also it's sooo annoying when you try to crouch when the game is lagging.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I don't know, I think Arica sucks and Isla Innocentes + Laguna Presa rule, but I'll be a very happy person if they release Oasis or Harvest Day. Oh man, memories...

Az

Ok so I am on the PS3 and the only thing I am noticing is that the tracer is much faster. And fuck this lag, I go through a door to disarm, *blink*, all of a sudden I am outside doing the running-man with a wall.

surefire1982 said:
For PS3?

EDIT: http://twitter.com/officialbfbc2

nvm...this is about the SPECACT stuff

One more thing

Xbox 360 servers are coming online with the new servers. PC is on its way, I'll update again when that happens. 4:28 AM May 11th via TweetDeck

Is the PS3 version going to get these "new servers" as well?
TheAzRim said:
Ok so I am on the PS3 and the only thing I am noticing is that the tracer is much faster. And fuck this lag, I go through a door to disarm, *blink*, all of a sudden I am outside doing the running-man with a wall.
:|

TheAzRim said:
i dunno why they always get this rubber banding lag after they update or restart the servers... it's been like that since BC1...

Wthermans

Banned
Well since PC is getting the content for free and PS3 has to pay for it, I'm having a mass giveaway of all my DP caps. If any Xbox360 players do not yet have the skins and would like it for free, just shoot me a PM.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Rapping Granny said:
Ok when did this game get so fucking shitty. Where did this lag come from? why is it all of the sudden laggy? WTF? I would rather see the servers get shutdown for maintenance than play in some laggy games. Plus it is just me or did people get dumber in this game?

First Uncharted 2 screws up it's perfect online mode with the COD tard patch, then this game all of the sudden gets laggy, gets shittier players, and gets more camping snipers and then they release some phantom ass patches where it would greatly be appreaciated if you told us when this server side patch got released and which weapons got rebalanced.
Lag seemed to be gone from my play this morning.

2nd, Uncharted 2's online sucked to begin with. This on the other hand, they have been talking about the console patch for a while. This isn't a stealth update :lol

im really sick and tired of them rehashing the same maps. if it's coop, put a coop patch for single player at least. i mean i appreciate them doing this multiplayer thing but it's multiplayer, and not really coop.

really just put out a NEW map pack already. I'm really suffering from mapathy

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
macfoshizzle said:
you all know that you can do the same mass effect dr.pepper code hack for the BC2 DLC right?

let me know and i'll post the details on getting all the dr.pepper skin pack free!

We know. The question is if linking a 360 account to your PSN/EA account will let you get the content for free like having awards/shit migrate between the versions.

Az

The Faceless Master said:
i dunno why they always get this rubber banding lag after they update or restart the servers... it's been like that since BC1...

Yea, just hoping this is resolved real soon. I have a bunch of time to play this week.

abuC

No way in hell Im paying for some different looking clothing, they can kiss my ass. A guy on my friends list already has the skins on PS3, they don't really look that great to begin with.

InterMoniker said:
God I hate that "warping" lag. Also it's sooo annoying when you try to crouch when the game is lagging.

Hell yeah, sup with crouching? :lol I click the stick and it feels like someone is giving my soldier a wedgie.

subversus said:
not important for gameplay, that's all

Gameplay stuff = Free
Silly visual stuff = Charge

I'm perfectly fine with that. Give us new maps for free but if you want a new hat... that will cost you a fifty cents.

abuC said:
No way in hell Im paying for some different looking clothing, they can kiss my ass. A guy on my friends list already has the skins on PS3, they don't really look that great to begin with.

I've had them for free since they came out through the Dr. Pepper codes and I can't even tell I'm wearing them. Once I get the pins/insignias/achievements I don't see myself ever using them. I want to blend in with everyone else so as not to stick out and make myself more of a target.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
TheAzRim said:
Yea, just hoping this is resolved real soon. I have a bunch of time to play this week.

I was playing Squad DM last night, having a great game, had 28 kills, we were about to get the win and then the server connection went down. I went to sleep a very unhappy camper.

OldJadedGamer said:
Gameplay stuff = Free

I'm perfectly fine with that. Give us new maps for free but if you want a new hat... that will cost you a fifty cents.

I think that is how it should be. If you buy the game new, you get free access to gameplay updates. All the visual crap can be attached to a price.

Wthermans

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Gameplay stuff = Free

They are charging for gameplay stuff too (see the new game mode).

OldJadedGamer said:
Gameplay stuff = Free

I've had them for free since they came out through the Dr. Pepper codes and I can't even tell I'm wearing them. Once I get the pins/insignias/achievements I don't see myself ever using them. I want to blend in with everyone else so as not to stick out and make myself more of a target.

Still waiting for those maps....

UFRA

Ballistictiger said:
I was in that situation today. 7-8 Gaffers on the opposing team. TheSeks knows the feeling :lol

The differences is jarring. One whole team knows what to do, while the other doesn't know what the hell to do at all.

I did pretty well despite that. JM you were the biggest threat on vehicles. I think I got you on foot a couple or times.

:D Yeah you got me twice for sure.

I was actually REALLY close ones to getting your dog tags once. You were climbing a ladder, then some random guy on my team quickly skipped ahead of me and knifed you. :lol

1stStrike said:
JM flew the apache while I was (trying) to gun shit down. All the lag and teleporting made it fucking impossible though. I'm glad you shot us down cause I was getting dizzy with all the lag-jumping.

Even as the pilot I was getting frustrated as hell. It's like every time I got us into a smooth strafe around the enemy base, suddenly lag would make the chopper 'pull-up' or dive down. I spent more time correcting the sudden moves from the lag that I wasn't able to even fly well...so ridiculous.

Jtrizzy

So let me get this straight, after buying these bottle caps when the game released, now I'm learning that PS3 isn't included in the North America promotion? SMH Obviously will not be spending MORE money on the skins after buying 4 bottles of Dr. Pepper.

I'd like to send a big FUCK YOU to EVERYONE involved with this promotion. FUCK YOU for misleading myself and others into buying your shitty soft drink. I guess the only thing to do is not buy anymore Pepsi products.

These kits are not available as part of the Dr Pepper promotion in North America on PlayStation 3.

Dynamic3

OldJadedGamer said:
Gameplay stuff = Free

You aren't going to get new maps for free, the only 'free' content your getting is unlocking a configuration for a map you already have. I hate to bring up MW2 again, but even MW2 had all configurations for all maps available at launch and had unlockable camo.

This 'we don't want to separate the community' talk is straight up bullshit because if you bought the game used you won't be able to play certain maps in certain modes without purchasing a VIP account. So basically you have servers with the basic map configs, and then servers for VIP accounts...sounds separated to me. If you bought the game you used you pretty much have to buy a map pack that includes no new maps.

TheSeks said:
We know. The question is if linking a 360 account to your PSN/EA account will let you get the content for free like having awards/shit migrate between the versions.
when the PS3 version gets them, i'll log on and see, since mine are linked.

Dynamic3 said:
You aren't going to get new maps for free, the only 'free' content your getting is unlocking a configuration for a map you already have. I hate to bring up MW2 again, but even MW2 had all configurations for all maps available at launch and had unlockable camo.

This 'we don't want to separate the community' talk is straight up bullshit because if you bought the game used you won't be able to play certain maps in certain modes without purchasing a VIP account. So basically you have servers with the basic map configs, and then servers for VIP accounts...sounds separated to me. If you bought the game you used you pretty much have to buy a map pack that includes no new maps.

Sooo....buy the game new?

Wthermans

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
So let me get this straight, after buying these bottle caps when the game released, now I'm learning that PS3 isn't included in the North America promotion? SMH Obviously will not be spending MORE money on the skins after buying 4 bottles of Dr. Pepper.

I'd like to send a big FUCK YOU to EVERYONE involved with this promotion. FUCK YOU for misleading myself and others into buying your shitty soft drink. I guess the only thing to do is not buy anymore Pepsi products.
PepsiCo doesn't own the Dr. Pepper brand.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BattleMonkey said:
So when do we get mods on the PC version? :D
Never?

It was already confirmed by DICE.

Dynamic3 said:
I did buy the game new. My point is that the VIP system is segmenting the community despite DICE claiming 'free maps' would not segment the community.
Yup, it looks like EA is going to use this 'strategy' on more titles too.

TheAzRim said:

Yea I starting using the tracer and took down two choppers yesterday. I tried it once a long time ago and always missed. Haven't played today yet, but was hoping the lag would be gone by now.

Dynamic3

Fersis said:
Never?

It was already confirmed by DICE.

Yup, it looks like EA is going to use this 'strategy' on more titles too.

Oh well, just blame it on the MS/Sony patch certification process (which apparently takes three months).

Wthermans said:
They are charging for gameplay stuff too (see the new game mode).

Oh, sorry. I missed where they are charging for it. How much is it and can you link me to it the DICE/EA comment on the subject?

Dynamic3 said:
I did buy the game new. My point is that the VIP system is segmenting the community despite DICE claiming 'free maps' would not segment the community.

Honest question... how big do you really believe the used BC:2 community is?

The Faceless Master said:
even if you bought it new, anyone else in your house who plays the game has to pay because they're not a "VIP".

I wasn't aware of that. I'm the only one that plays in my house. However, like said above, how big is that part of the community?

I do agree that it's stupid they require that. How would you change how they do that? Tie it to the console? Give three registrations worth for one code?

I was playing some 1942 last night for kicks, and now I hear about Onslaught? FUCK YEAH!

I love killin' bots, and to do it with 3 friends on Live sounds awesome. Can't wait.

Fake Edit: :lol It's not free.. nevermind I'll just play RDR.

soultron said:
Well, hate to say it, but fuck this game then. I've grown bored of it and Onslaught could've been my saving grace to hold onto it.

It's been fun, BFBC2.

You really think this one mode would have saved you? It seems you had your mind made up anyways. Peace!

todahawk

I'll take a Onslaught but put me down for being concerned that we'll never see any new maps, only existing maps tweaked for other modes. :(

:lol :lol :lol

So much butthurt today.

Dynamic3 said:

Source? Or are you still just pulling shit out of your ass?

Dynamic3

OldJadedGamer said:
Oh, sorry. I missed where they are charging for it. How much is it and can you link me to it the DICE/EA comment on the subject?

Honest question... how big do you really believe the used BC:2 community is?

I personally have no idea, but I imagine they expect it to be sizeable given the implementation of the VIP system in the first place.

Dynamic3

Mr. Snrub said:

Would you like a source telling you the sky is blue as well? Your getting layout unlocks at a rate of one map per mode x2 every ~2 months, you honestly expect entirely new maps at this rate? Oh yeah, DICE said they wouldn't charge for maps, I forgot. Just like you could use Dr. Pepper caps for DLC and that the (server) patch was stuck in certification...

Dynamic3 said:
Would you like a source telling you the sky is blue as well? Your getting layout unlocks at a rate of one map per mode x2 every ~2 months, you honestly expect entirely new maps at this rate? Oh yeah, DICE said they wouldn't charge for maps, I forgot. Just like you could use Dr. Pepper caps for DLC and that the (server) patch was stuck in certification...

Second map pack was released the same month the game was released. Do I know if they're working on new maps? No. Have they said they won't charge for them? Yes. If they charge for them, I'll be the first one to be pissed, but judging by what they've said about NOT wanting to divide the community via map packs, the way they did w/BF2, I'd lean heavily toward believing them.

People here just like freaking out for no reason. Patch released a day ago makes your game laggy? DICE sucks. No new maps? DICE sucks.

Am I the only one who remembers that expansion packs used to take MONTHS to be released?

Pete Rock said:
Laguna has been out for a while but I'm definitely looking forward to the other two as well. The Conquest ticket/horn/apache nonsense pretty much keeps me away from the mode entirely, and those are great maps I've been missing out on.
you're thinking of Laguna Presa

MotorbreathX said:
I wasn't aware of that. I'm the only one that plays in my house. However, like said above, how big is that part of the community?

I do agree that it's stupid they require that. How would you change how they do that? Tie it to the console? Give three registrations worth for one code?
ideally, not have that bullshit at all, but tying it to the console is how this type of thing usually works with regular DLC.

Mr. Snrub said:
Second map pack was released the same month the game was released. Do I know if they're working on new maps? No. Have they said they won't charge for them? Yes. If they charge for them, I'll be the first one to be pissed, but judging by what they've said about NOT wanting to divide the community via map packs, the way they did w/BF2, I'd lean heavily toward believing them.

People here just like freaking out for no reason. Patch released a day ago makes your game laggy? DICE sucks. No new maps? DICE sucks.

Am I the only one who remembers that expansion packs used to take MONTHS to be released?

No reason? I don't think so. The patch was "stuck in certification" was pure BS because we find out it's a server side patch.

soultron said:
Well, hate to say it, but fuck this game then. I've grown bored of it and Onslaught could've been my saving grace to hold onto it.

It's been fun, BFBC2.
if a 4 player "VS AI" mode was the only thing that could keep you, may i suggest the vastly superior L4D2 (well, superior as far as 4 players vs AI goes) instead?

Mr. Snrub said:
:lol :lol :lol

So much butthurt today.

i think he means "on console", although, DICE has been a pioneer in selling DLC on PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom