• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic3

Mr. Snrub said:
Second map pack was released the same month the game was released. Do I know if they're working on new maps? No. Have they said they won't charge for them? Yes. If they charge for them, I'll be the first one to be pissed, but judging by what they've said about NOT wanting to divide the community via map packs, the way they did w/BF2, I'd lean heavily toward believing them.

People here just like freaking out for no reason. Patch released a day ago makes your game laggy? DICE sucks. No new maps? DICE sucks.

Am I the only one who remembers that expansion packs used to take MONTHS to be released?

I have already pointed out deception and how they are already dividing the community but whatever, I don't really care if you agree with me or not.

so, did anyone check to see if the Isla Inocentes fence glitch is fixed?

huacst21 said:
No reason? I don't think so. The patch was "stuck in certification" was pure BS because we find out it's a server side patch.
actually, aren't there *TWO* updates, the server side one and a client side one for other issues that's dropping soon?

Mr. Snrub said:
Second map pack was released the same month the game was released. Do I know if they're working on new maps? No. Have they said they won't charge for them? Yes. If they charge for them, I'll be the first one to be pissed, but judging by what they've said about NOT wanting to divide the community via map packs, the way they did w/BF2, I'd lean heavily toward believing them.

People here just like freaking out for no reason. Patch released a day ago makes your game laggy? DICE sucks. No new maps? DICE sucks.

Am I the only one who remembers that expansion packs used to take MONTHS to be released?
remember what the DICE guys said about the differences between PC and Console gamers and how there are some things one group would put up with and vice versa that the other group wouldn't put up with?

Laggy servers is one of them. The first thing that i hear from people when there's lag is "at least in MW2 i can walk into a fucking door, sure i jump around, but at least i'm not on a Yo-Yo" followed by "Yep", "Indeed", etc.

Dynamic3 said:
I have already pointed out deception and how they are already dividing the community but whatever, I don't really care if you agree with me or not.
yep, i encountered this the other day when i was playing on the GAF BFBC2 gamertag. getting booted because the next map is a 'VIP' map, and YOU DON'T EVEN GET TO SEE YOUR STATS AFTER THE ROUND!!!! you get booted right after the 'You Won' screen. Also, if someone is on a VIP map, they're listed as joinable, but when you try and join, it starts to do everything right, then when it gets to the joining part, it says "game not found" instead of "buy the VIP code" which may not be the best idea financially. makes it seem like it's some sort of game error...

The Faceless Master said:
remember what the DICE guys said about the differences between PC and Console gamers and how there are some things one group would put up with and vice versa that the other group wouldn't put up with?

Laggy servers is one of them. The first thing that i hear from people when there's lag is "at least in MW2 i can walk into a fucking door, sure i jump around, but at least i'm not on a Yo-Yo" followed by "Yep", "Indeed", etc.

I guess so. Us PC guys are cheaper and whinier than our console peons, but at least we're patient.

Speaking of patches...

http://twitter.com/Bazajaytee/statuses/13843964223

@forsyth14 Yeah, last minute issues. SPECACT on PC will be available after the patch comes out. Current aim is next week for the patch.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Dynamic3 said:
Would you like a source telling you the sky is blue as well? Your getting layout unlocks at a rate of one map per mode x2 every ~2 months, you honestly expect entirely new maps at this rate? Oh yeah, DICE said they wouldn't charge for maps, I forgot. Just like you could use Dr. Pepper caps for DLC and that the (server) patch was stuck in certification...

I honestly don't think you can jump to any conclusions about what will be released and what won't. The Dr. Pepper thing has been a royal screw up, but that really has no bearing on what will be released in the future. The only thing we do know is that a new game mode will be released and EA will be charging for it. That is all we really know at this point.

I know that GAF is known for being pessimistic and looking at every single thing with a half full a view, but in this case we have no idea what DICE has planned. With that said, I really don't think EA has alot to gain by supporting BFBC2 much longer after MOH comes out. They are different games for sure, but most likely appealing to the same audience. Who knows what the plan is.

What I do know is that I have been enjoying the hell out of BFBC2 since the day I have bought it. I am a Squad DM/Conquest player exclusively these days. I have gotten my money's worth and more already. Ironically, because of all the time I have put into BFBC2, I don't think I am going to be in any hurry to get MOH day one. After MW2 and BFBC2, I am having a bit of military third-person shooter fatigue.

Dynamic3

so, did anyone check to see if the Isla Inocentes fence glitch is fixed?

--

actually, aren't there *TWO* updates, the server side one and a client side one for other issues that's dropping soon?

I checked, still there.

--

I believe the actual patch is for a freezing bug, could be wrong though. Regardless, what patch is stuck in certification for multiple months?

dskillzhtown said:
I honestly don't think you can jump to any conclusions about what will be released and what won't. The Dr. Pepper thing has been a royal screw up, but that really has no bearing on what will be released in the future. The only thing we do know is that a new game mode will be released and EA will be charging for it. That is all we really know at this point.

I know that GAF is known for being pessimistic and looking at every single thing with a half full a view, but in this case we have no idea what DICE has planned. With that said, I really don't think EA has alot to gain by supporting BFBC2 much longer after MOH comes out. They are different games for sure, but most likely appealing to the same audience. Who knows what the plan is.

What I do know is that I have been enjoying the hell out of BFBC2 since the day I have bought it. I am a Squad DM/Conquest player exclusively these days. I have gotten my money's worth and more already. Ironically, because of all the time I have put into BFBC2, I don't think I am going to be in any hurry to get MOH day one. After MW2 and BFBC2, I am having a bit of military third-person shooter fatigue.
cmon now, they've been screwing up from the start when they made a big deal about free maps, which aren't even new maps, but just different modes on the same maps already on the disk which are locked just to make extra bucks off of people who bought the game. if their 'VIP' code actually worked like how most normal DLC worked and was tied to the console, it'd be understandable, but they aren't just getting people who bought it used, they're fucking over people who bought it new and don't live alone.

Dynamic3 said:
I checked, still there.

--

I believe the actual patch is for a freezing bug, could be wrong though. Regardless, what patch is stuck in certification for multiple months?
looks like DICE is being DICE, i heard rumors of how long they took to fix things on PC (sometimes years) and that won't work on Console. it didn't even work for EPIC with Gears 2 and look at the huge push that game had... it definitely won't work on Console for DICE if they keep this up. PC users may put up with this, and people like me may put up with it on Console, but the vast majority of Console players are ready to jump in on the next big thing at the drop of a hat.

I didn't know if us console users are getting two patches. If we are, then I have never heard about it till now.

cmon now, they've been screwing up from the start when they made a big deal about free maps, which aren't even new maps, but just different modes on the same maps already on the disk which are locked just to make extra bucks off of people who bought the game. if their 'VIP' code actually worked like how most normal DLC worked and was tied to the console, it'd be understandable, but they aren't just getting people who bought it used, they're fucking over people who bought it new and don't live alone.

Yeah, not feeling like a "VIP" if I'm forced to pay for more game modes.

I'm actually genuinely surprised DICE is treating PC gamers so well (compared to console gamers, unfortunately). Complete opposite of the norm.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Grayman said:
the reasoning for the mode not being on PC is pretty dumb. They could just be honest and say that PC players won't pay us.

please stop trolling. There are always people willing to pay (look at Steam charts, find Stimulus Pack).

todahawk

Raide said:
Only just spotted the news. Do they have a price point on the new Onslaught DLC yet?

Shit, i seriously thought it would be free through the VIP thingy. Rereading the press release there's no mention of VIP or anything that leaves the door open to it being free.

UGH. I'd seriously rather have new maps, hell I'd pay for them... but i know they won't as they've already said they don't want to fracture the user base.

EVIL

whatsup with this onslaught thing! damnit dice, stop releasing useless modes and start fixing those MP issues, and start releasing some cool map packs. Sure this VIP code is nice and dandy but damn! I don't want to get a map pack which contains maps they should have added to the retail to begin with.

edit:
greenjerk said:
Shit, i seriously thought it would be free through the VIP thingy. Rereading the press release there's no mention of VIP or anything that leaves the door open to it being free.
DICE said the VIP only counts for map packs

DICE Senior Producer, Patrick Bach informed Xbox World 360:
“We don’t ever want to charge for our maps and insisted to EA that this attitude was crucial when it came to keeping our community happy and playing together,”

“We’re owned by EA but we’re still very much DICE.”

“DICE have ‘generous’ amounts of DLC planned for Battlefield: Bad Company 2’s future.”

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Grayman said:
yeah a 4 player mode is going to collapse the online infrastructure just like 8 player servers do... yup.

it seems like a network engineer speaking here

No_Style

DMeisterJ said:
Paying for game modes? Complete BS.

It is if they expect people to play them.

I just want new, free maps that aren't on the disc. And if they can do that by charging people for their version of Horde mode? Whatever.

iam220

Grayman said:
yeah a 4 player mode is going to collapse the online infrastructure just like 8 player servers do... yup.

Lame excuse for the exclusion of what sounds like an even lamer game mode. BC2 has a good enough variety of game modes, if it needs anything it's more maps ... oh and a new patch to un-do most of the "balance" changes done in the previous one .. had to throw that one in there.

The changes were great. CG nerf, noobtube nerf, M60 depowered, Mortar cooldown raised to 60 seconds instead of 45, tracer upgrade, and 25% extra damage gone.

UFRA

How are the PS3 servers today? Is the lag still horrible?

3D Dot Game Heroes has occupied most of my time today so far, but I'd like to play some BC2 tonight since last night was such a letdown.

Ballistictiger said:
The changes were great. CG nerf, noobtube nerf, M60 depowered, Mortar cooldown raised to 60 seconds instead of 45, tracer upgrade, and 25% extra damage gone.

Yeah, I'm not seeing a huge problem with the patch at all. Sometimes I think the people who complain about the nerfs were the people abusing them to begin with. I just got my 2 day insignia and think the patch is fine. Good to see medics finally using other guns other than the damned M60.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
UFRA said:
How are the PS3 servers today? Is the lag still horrible?

3D Dot Game Heroes has occupied most of my time today so far, but I'd like to play some BC2 tonight since last night was such a letdown.
Just played two matches with several [GAF] members : Zero lag.

Epic defense of the last MCom at Nelson Bay.

Yeah I admit I was taking advantage of the 25% damage boost with the AN-94 with magnum so I can snipe the Snipezors with 4 bullets. They took that away but I'll just adapt not complain about that. Long range past 60 meters takes 5-6 bullets now :lol

Since the AN-94 does equal damage to other rifles past 60 meters I'm switching to the nerfed M16 for my long range needs.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke

Keepin It Real.. on Gaf even... Bravo!

I didn't really read through the whole thread but the rounds of BF I had last night weren't very fun.
Not sure if its patched related but the problems I had were...
1. Terrible lag
2. Primary way to get MCOM was C4 on a UAV or Toon/mortar strike to use Des.2.0
3. Guns were "weaker". Before people seem to die, now they run off.
4. Useless made launcher. Seriously have to direct hit people? No splash?

UFRA

Fersis said:

This is good news!!

PS3 GAF unite! :D

Edit: PKM, you gotta join us for some epic PS3 GAF games. :p

Dice should have never gave consoles the 25% damage boost. People are too reliant on it now since they been adjusted to it for 2 months. Same with the explosive range. All these worked fine in the PS3 beta, I guess Dice learned the hard way.

Fersis said:

I was in that match with you too. I came after the second set of M-Com were destroyed I believe and we held off at the end very well.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
subversus said:
it seems like a network engineer speaking here

K then explain how using Server Virtualization shouldn't be able to deal with this just HICKITY-BOO!
Its not like these ass hats are actually renting you a "PHYSICAL" server they're renting you a software server session,running on as server farm that uses up a percentage of that Server Farms Processing power and the Available bandwidth.

I dont' care if they charge for this shit or not but dont' lie to me and every other Somewhat tech literate Joe out there that they can't allow this on PC but they can on console. Its fucking insulting.

D,
Ballistictiger said:
Dice should have never gave consoles the 25% damage boost. People are too reliant on it now since they been adjusted to it for 2 months. Same with the explosive range. All these worked fine in the PS3 beta, I guess Dice learned the hard way.

Ah so it wasn't just me thinking my guns were armed with marshmellows last night. Dang, I liked the added damage, plus I never got over toobed?
People had issues with these things?

Also UFRA I think you sent me a few invites, lately tho my brother and some coworkers have been subjecting me to repeated nights of "Why aren't you guys at the MCOM!!!" Frustrating, but family and guys I see everyday, they get all feminine if I don't play with them.

Yes people do have issues with them. A lot of the PS3 beta players wondered why they added 25% more damage when it was fine in the beta. PC have noobtube spammers and Carl Gustav spammers from what I've heard. Consoles have Carl Gustav spammers for sure.

This patch is universal for all systems eventually since PC gets it next week. Any problem PC have or Console have will be addressed for all systems now I'm assuming.

UFRA

Pkm said:
Also UFRA I think you sent me a few invites, lately tho my brother and some coworkers have been subjecting me to repeated nights of "Why aren't you guys at the MCOM!!!" Frustrating, but family and guys I see everyday, they get all feminine if I don't play with them.

Ah, no worries. I had a feeling it was something like that. I know exactly what you mean. ;)

Feel free to join us anytime though, we can always use another Gaffer on our team.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
when the PS3 version gets them, i'll log on and see, since mine are linked.

:lol :lol Is it cold in Hell today? :p

I'll do it, but I don't have the 360 version. I wonder if linking an account to my PSN ID with BC2 not played will make them count. It'd be hilarious if DICE made people buy them for $5 for BOTH verisons of the game.

Fersis said:

Yeah, that was crazy. All the walls were nearly blown out and I'm sitting there shotgunning anyone dropping in from the roof and counter-sniping snipers (and dying/reviving in the process)

Mr. Snrub said:
I'm actually genuinely surprised DICE is treating PC gamers so well (compared to console gamers, unfortunately). Complete opposite of the norm.

What's funny is that Bad Company IS SUPPOSED TO BE BATTLEFIELD'S CONSOLE SERIES.

I mean the first NEVER went to PC. They only ported it to the PC because of the MW2/Dedicated Server fiasco.

It's kinda weird how DICE and IW pulled a 180 on both fanbases. (PC players being second class for IW, Consoles for DICE)

Ballistictiger said:
Yes people do have issues with them. A lot of the PS3 beta players wondered why they added 25% more damage when it was fine in the beta. PC have noobtube spammers and Carl Gustav spammers from what I've heard. Consoles have Carl Gustav spammers for sure.

This patch is universal for all systems eventually since PC gets it next week. Any problem PC have or Console have will be addressed for all systems now I'm assuming.

Yeah, it was kind of stupid how it was handled, considering (IMO) the PC community was more vocal about wanting a slightly higher damage model, console beta/demo players say they like their damage model, then DICE says the higher damage model is coming...and the consoles get it :lol

seriously, the 25% damage difference for most guns is 0-1 bullets from 0-40M, it only becomes a 2 bullet difference past that and only on some weapons, and 3 on a few. and the mid-range 10-18M game is faster with many weapons due to the max damage range increase.

too bad for all the people who bought or are about to buy the SPECACT stuff that just got nerfed from their awesome status (M16/M95) but hey, it will be even more hilarious now to see those Lv4 Green Ghillie SPECACT Recons on snow maps knowing that (1) they have on green camo on a snowy map and (2) the M95 isn't even as good as the M24 now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
seriously, the 25% damage difference for most guns is 0-1 bullets from 0-40M, it only becomes a 2 bullet difference past that and only on some weapons, and 3 on a few. and the mid-range 10-18M game is faster with many weapons due to the max damage range increase.

too bad for all the people who bought or are about to buy the SPECACT stuff that just got nerfed from their awesome status (M16/M95) but hey, it will be even more hilarious now to see those Lv4 Green Ghillie SPECACT Recons on snow maps knowing that (1) they have on green camo on a snowy map and (2) the M95 isn't even as good as the M24 now.

Biggest issue I have right now: Machine Guns don't do shit to helicopters (when they did before the the patch), seems like I couldn't take down ANY Blackhawks with the two machine guns on Ilsa. Pissed me off as I kept being killed twenty times over while the rest of PS3 GAF ran around with their heads cut-off not trying to attempt to bring the blackhawk down (seriously, no one was on the other machine gun? WTF?).

So I left, because I got tired of seeing "DURR HURR YOUR NEMESIS IN THE HELICOPTER YOU'RE TRYING TO BRING DOWN BUT CAN'T BECAUSE WE NERFED THE MACHINE GUNS FROM BEING ABLE TO 'VEHICLE DAMAGE +30' WITH ONE BURST/BEFORE COOL DOWN OF THE MACHINE GUN."

Oh, and the tracer would shoot through the helicopter or be before/after it with the new speed increase. GG, DICE.

So True.....

Aspiring

WOW, this game is incredible! I am now not too bad at it as well :D My round total scores went from about 60-100 TO ABOUT 1300-1800! I feel so good! One thing though. Everybody blabs on about the "community" on Xbox Live, yet the whole time i have played i have only played with 1 other person that has used a headset. Doesnt it come in all 360's? Well bloody use them people!!!

To get all my SPECACT Recon kills I've just been going into Hardcore mode. I'm half way to my 100 in just a couple of games.

web01

Why would anyone pay for a co op gamemode vs the AI when it is possibly the worst AI in any FPS game out right now?

Just give us some more multiplayer maps FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom