• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey Mr. Snrub, youre good friends with the DICE folks right?
Could you ask them when we're going to get the new VIP Map Pack?
If they could put Panama Canal on every game mode would be boss too. (Even suave)

DICE really really reaaaaaaaaaally needs a community manager or something.
I mean, just someone doing a blog post once a week saying 'were working on a patch, or VIP Map Pack 'x' will be released at this date: xx/xx'

Nabs

desu said:
Yes it happens sometimes, but not playing it is redicilous. Was never a big knifer but did prolly 30-40 knife kills in the past 1-2 days. Yes sometimes it just happens, but you can still try your gun...

or i could wait until they fix it. i can't stand knifing someone from behind, only to get knifed in the face. i like using all my weapons, and my knife is a very valuable tool. 736 dog tags and counting.

Wthermans

Banned
Fersis said:
If they could put Panama Canal on every game mode would be boss too. (Even suave)

I mean, just someone doing a blog post once a week saying 'were working on a patch, or VIP Map Pack 'x' will be released at this date: xx/xx'
They have been trying to hire one since March.

http://www.dice.se/

Click on work at DICE then Job openings.

Klocker

The Faceless Master said:

nope I'm happy with the tweaks.... the lag is pissing me off (which I think is the knifing issue) but the M3 is now fun the AN94 is what I always wanted it to be, the M60 is no longer instant death, the tracer dart is fast but I kind of sucked at it before so I welcome it, the reduced mortar strikes i like, game just feels more natural to me now.

disclaimer: I play mostly conquest and Deathmatch

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wthermans said:
Their studio looks awesome. I'd love to work there.
hummm send a resume?

Lots of the confusion and crazyness on their forums could be avoided with clear info.

Raide said:
*sends off application* :lol
First day at the job:
Raide: EVERYONE WANTS PANAMA CANAL ON EVERY GAME MODE!!! GET WORKING PEOPLE!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Hopefully.

nope I'm happy with the tweaks....

You're crazy. The game isn't "balanced" in the slightest with some of these changes.

AT Mine rush for M-Coms isn't fixed.
UAV + C4 isn't fixed.

Etc. etc. etc.

Raide

Fersis said:
hummm send a resume?

Lots of the confusion and crazyness on their forums could be avoided with clear info.

First day at the job:
Raide: EVERYONE WANTS PANAMA CANAL ON EVERY GAME MODE!!! GET WORKING PEOPLE!!

:lol

Me: Medics need a buff! *cracks whip* Get to it!

Klocker

TheSeks said:
Hopefully.

You're crazy. The game isn't "balanced" in the slightest with some of these changes.

UAV + C4 isn't fixed.

Etc. etc. etc.

I never said it didn't need more fixes... I like what they have done so far. I agree with those other fixes and am not saying that they can turn off the lights in the studio. ;)

Just that after waiting for so long for the patch (while PC players are used to them already and looking for more changes) that I'm glad it's here.

edit: and as edited above... I play mostly conquest and Deathmatch

Fersis

greenjerk said:
I wonder if they'd let me work from home... then i'd use all my power and influence to get us new maps.
Well ... send a resume dood. Nothing to lose.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Klocker said:
it's not perfect but they fixed damned near every piece of shit, craptastic tactic that was unbalancing the game with abuse (not all, but most) :D

I like it - 360 BTW

Send me a PM with your gamertag. I play mostly Squad DM myself.

Mr. Snrub said:
That's actually my favorite part as an attacker on Valdez...third set of MCOMs I immediately switch to my engy build and start downing Apaches.

Had some fun rounds like night, tearing it up as medic and engineer. As attacker on Port Valdez, me and my squad twice got behind enemy lines and held our own, causing as much chaos as possible. We got on the construction buildings at the first and third set of MCOMs and wreaked havoc. So satisfying picking off defenders when they have no idea where the shots are coming from.

As a side note, it's kind of strange seeing all the console players bitching about the patch that the PC players seem to love. I also don't see any changes related to the .50 cal...I would think this guy would have updated/mentioned it if it had happened, since he looks at the raw data: http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

Since the console guys got the new patch before PC, has anyone used the MG3? Is it more useful with its buff now?
i dunno why everyone else is complaining. maybe the PS3 got a different patch? so far, other than the godlike tracer, i've noticed that it seems to possibly be harder to kill people with slug ammo from a mile away, but maybe my aim was just off. the 1911's fire rate isn't much slower compared to how i fired it most of the time. i actually want to try the MG's now that Seks has been complaining, but i suspect that any blackhawk that comes over the horizon will get tracered and downed before i even get a chance.

Fersis said:

No, can't say I'm good friends. Haven't had contact with the DICE guy since I got the swag, but told him I'd be willing to get input on stuff if ever asked.

Bazajaytee is the closest they have to community manager, as he is pretty active on the EA UK forums, but that's really the extent of it, unfortunately. Community manager would be boss, indeed.

TheSeks said:

UAV + C4 isn't fixed.

Etc. etc. etc.

You keep saying this...but this sort of stuff represents perfectly legit tactics. Maybe they could reduce AT and C4 damage for MCOMs, but if they really wanted to get rid of this "exploit", they would just make it so the MCOM can't be damaged by any explosive. Not gonna happen.

Fersis

Mr. Snrub said:

No, can't say I'm good friends. Haven't had contact with the DICE guy since I got the swag, but told him I'd be willing to get input on stuff if ever asked.

Bazajaytee is the closest they have to community manager, as he is pretty active on the EA UK forums, but that's really the extent of it, unfortunately. Community manager would be boss, indeed.
Yup, he is a cool cat.
I love demize99 snarky comment, the community rages everytime he post something. :lol

<3 demize99

Mr. Snrub said:
You keep saying this...but this sort of stuff represents perfectly legit tactics. Maybe they could reduce AT and C4 damage for MCOMs, but if they really wanted to get rid of this "exploit", they would just make it so the MCOM can't be damaged by any explosive. Not gonna happen.
yeah, this is true.

in BC1, they updated the game so that AT Mines did 0 damage to crates. and then later, they updated it so that C4 attached to a vehicle did 0 damage to crates. them undoing all that seemed like an oversight in the beta, but they kept it in, so it looks like it's legit. considering how narrow many maps are, just getting to some M-COM stations is an uphill battle, so mayb they offset this by allowing these tactics.

Arucardo

I've never actually seen the UAV + C4 tactic being used on any of the servers I play on. I've stuck with hardcore for a month or two now so maybe that's the reason or it's just that it doesn't happen much on PC.

yeah, this is true.

in BC1, they updated the game so that AT Mines did 0 damage to crates. and then later, they updated it so that C4 attached to a vehicle did 0 damage to crates. them undoing all that seemed like an oversight in the beta, but they kept it in, so it looks like it's legit. considering how narrow many maps are, just getting to some M-COM stations is an uphill battle, so mayb they offset this by allowing these tactics.

Yeah, I never played BC1 but it sounds like the maps were a lot more open ended, where it was a lot easier for someone to slip through to an MCOM. The maps in BC2 are linear and make this a lot harder.

TheSeks

Mr. Snrub said:

I honestly can't care about the C4. The AT is the biggest issue I have with the game. If there was a way to destroy AT mines without harming the M-COM you're defending, I wouldn't be bitching so hard about the tactic. Unfortunately, there isn't. Thus, it's broken.

TheSeks said:
I honestly can't care about the C4. The AT is the biggest issue I have with the game. If there was a way to destroy AT mines without harming the M-COM you're defending, I wouldn't be bitching so hard about the tactic. Unfortunately, there isn't. Thus, it's broken.
yeah, i thought it was novel that in the Beta, you could repair the crate, though, i did think that was kind of cheap.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Yeah, I never played BC1 but it sounds like the maps were a lot more open ended, where it was a lot easier for someone to slip through to an MCOM. The maps in BC2 are linear and make this a lot harder.

The maps in BC1 where a lot wider. Think the width of the Arica Harbour opening multiplied by 3, that was for most of the maps

TheSeks

yeah, i thought it was novel that in the Beta, you could repair the crate, though, i did think that was kind of cheap.

I didn't even know you could repair the crates until the beta was already over.
You could also drill holes into most walls with the repair tool. (not sure if that's still around?)

In any case, the AT Mine problem would be simple to fix:

0 damage to M-COM. Stop assholes from using them on attackers on the M-COM and have the defenders have an even chance.

As it is, I think the only way it will get DICE's attention is if everyone and their mom did this on the M-COM's. Because it would mean a 100% win rate for attackers instead of the way it is right now. Alas...

OMG FFFFUUUUU SOUTH!!! POWER IS OUT!!! was about to play BC2 too... now all i can do is chill on my laptop with my cell-as-a-modem...

TheSeks said:
I didn't even know you could repair the crates until the beta was already over.
You could also drill holes into most walls with the repair tool. (not sure if that's still around?)

In any case, the AT Mine problem would be simple to fix:

0 damage to M-COM. Stop assholes from using them on attackers on the M-COM and have the defenders have an even chance.

As it is, I think the only way it will get DICE's attention is if everyone and their mom did this on the M-COM's. Because it would mean a 100% win rate for attackers instead of the way it is right now. Alas...
yeah, now you can only drill holes in the concrete slabs. before, you could drill anything if you waited long enough.

as far as AT Mines go, i was upset when they nerfed it in BC1, but at least the Demo had an RPG too, in BC2, if you pick AT Mines, you don't have an RPG, so you can't do anything else.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
this game is hilarious. I love how russian soldiers scream in Russian: this shit brought us right in the ass. Don't know what they're trying to say but anyway...

recklessmind said:
Playing with randoms is such garbage...

Sometimes it's not too bad. The other night I joined a game of one single dude verses 5 on the other side and him and I together were able to take all the MCOM's and win the game. You never know who you'll meet on there. The randoms in BC2 play a whole lot better than the randoms in MW2 I'll tell you that.

Fersis

subversus said:
this game is hilarious. I love how russian soldiers scream in Russian: this shit brought us right in the ass. Don't what they're trying to say but anyway...
Yup lots of typos and funny spelling in the spanish voice over and text.

Gonna be playing in 3 hours or so.

Is anyone just having absolutely HORRIBLE lag on 360 version. I bought the game yesterday, and the lag is making the game almost unplayable.

Also I need so GAFers to play with. Tag is The_inquistor. Send me an invite!

The_Inquisitor said:
Is anyone just having absolutely HORRIBLE lag on 360 version. I bought the game yesterday, and the lag is making the game almost unplayable.

Also I need so GAFers to play with. Tag is The_inquistor. Send me an invite!
i guess i'll find out in about 10 minutes, but it wasn't laggy yesterday.. for me anyway...

TheSeks

as far as AT Mines go, i was upset when they nerfed it in BC1, but at least the Demo had an RPG too, in BC2, if you pick AT Mines, you don't have an RPG, so you can't do anything else.

Yeah, but I'm talking tactic vs M-COMs. AT mines can't be destroyed safely, they should nerf it to 0 damage vs M-COMs. They can leave the "if you're dead the mines stay" bit, just nip the stupid AT vs M-COM problem in the butt, or at least give defenders a way to destroy them safely with no harm to the M-COM.

I've been in a sit back, spot, mortar, and snipe mood lately and have been scoring higher than when I don't. I've also increaed my destruction 2.0 kills to 18. Literally 10 seconds into joining a match I mortar MCOM A on the second set of Port Valdez or whatever and took 3 guys out and one with the mortar. Eat it!

MotorbreathX said:
I've been in a sit back, spot, mortar, and snipe mood lately and have been scoring higher than when I don't. I've also increaed my destruction 2.0 kills to 18. Literally 10 seconds into joining a match I mortar MCOM A on the second set of Port Valdez or whatever and took 3 guys out and one with the mortar. Eat it!

The only time I enjoy playing as a recon sniper is when I can do it leisurely. Moving around, occasionally scoping to find/spot targets.

And I will admit that if I'm on a horrible fucking team and there is no chance of us winning...yes. Sometimes I will just practice sniping.

TheSeks

MotorbreathX said:

That's nothing. I mortared the Bridge/Train on Arica Harbor Rush and got at least 9 people in the strike. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom