• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
Oh yea those were some epic defenses right there. At one point I gave up and all of the sudden I hear that it's defused. Crazy games last night, I think we only lost the one where we got raped by the Heli. Oh stick to Wes in tanks and other vehicles, he is really good at avoiding mortars and rockets. We always get a bunch of kills.

Fersis I think his GAF account is EternalSleeper or something like that. You should have stayed with us in Valparaiso we were getting killed but still won the game. Also that defense on Nelson Bay was crazy. Full GAF team.

Yeah, I think i know which one you were talking about, I saw a bunch of our team mates and you heading to defuse so I turned to cover the group. I heard a bunch of gunfire and explosions but the siren didn't stop so I turned and saw there was absolutely no one by the m-com, offense or defense. So I figured I better get my ass over there and defuse. I probably defused it with about a second or two left, it was whooping and beeping really fast. :lol

Yeah, Wes helped keep my k/d respectable with that round alone, must've been around a 20 streak at least.

@Fersis, yeah, Dreamgazer is EternalSleep (er something). I don't see him posting on here as much as he used to...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Why do snipers join groups? Seriously, get the fuck out and play solo if you plan to stay miles away from the action. I hate being grouped with 3 snipers in Laguna Presa...

/rant

Did they fix the UAV loaded with C4 tactic, that crap is lame.

Also it seems as of late Destruction of MCOM > Activating it.

Seriously people dont even try to do anything but over damage it or destroy the building its located in so it crushes it.

Raide

Pkm said:

Seriously people dont even try to do anything but over damage it or destroy the building its located in so it crushes it.

Not a bug they need to fix. Yes its annoying but that's Battlefield!

Pkm said:

Almost any sort of complaint about MCOM C4ing/explosives can be alleviate by just having a damned squad guarding it. Seriously, the only time this is a problem is when everyone is meeting the attackers, one person gets through to an unguarded MCOM, then voila! "OBJECTIVE ALPHA IS TAKING FIRE"

fresquito said:
Is there a fix for the V-Sync problem? I know that if you change resolution and then go back, it will be fixed until you boot the game again, but that's annoying.

Being fixed in next week's patch.

Jtrizzy said:
so the patch was done server side obviously. SMG's seem much weaker, especially at mid range. It's a little much imo.

Actually, the patch buffed SMG's. Longer effective range, 9A-91 and Uzi got a damage increase. AK's recoil increased when sighted, but that's it.

Also, Fry's had BC2 for $25...all sold out now tho http://www.frys.com/product/6157019

todahawk

TTP said:
Why do snipers join groups? Seriously, get the fuck out and play solo if you plan to stay miles away from the action. I hate being grouped with 3 snipers in Laguna Presa...

/rant

I know, it's not like they get squad bonuses from going lone wolf... I had a whole team of them once on Arica Harbor. No motion sensors, no spotting, nothing. Twas horrible. They didn't even bother to call in a mortar strike on A to bring it down.

Net_Wrecker said:
People can say what they want about CoD, but one thing those games do well is keep the rooms filled. The teams are rarely unbalanced, and the room is rarely unfilled for more than 2 minutes. I've gone 2+ hours without seeing anyone join an 8 v 8 in BC2 numerous times. I don't get it.
Agreed.

COD might have a lot of unbalanced shit (noob tubes, knifing rambos) but at least most of the game are not laggy like EA's crap servers, and they are not 3v6 matches on a 12v12 map !!

I don't know man. Battlefield has been always the superior series in terms of gameplay to ANY fps franchise out there. BC1 was my first ever PS3 game and I jumped in on BC2 as soon as it was out but that's it man next Battlefield I'm definitely going back to my roots and getting it for PC instead of enduring EA online services for one more time.

I only hope that they don't dump down BF3 even more and bring back Jets and of course the Commander.

TTP said:

/rant

In this game snipers are the bane of my existence. I hate them, mainly because the maps are large enough for them to actually work properly but damn they annoy me!

TTP said:

/rant

I agree. The worst part about it for me is that when you are put on a squad of 3 snipers and you die in rush, there is no good place for you to spawn. You basically end up back at the base regardless, which kills any type of consistant push you are making.

Any more, I mean, I'll give it some time, but if Im on a sniper heavy squad, I'll drop out of that squad and see if the game can put me in a new squad. If not, Im out. If so, and there is another new 3 snipers, Im out.

I just dont get that in a game that can generate so many epic moments, that has so many fun ways to play, where all the classes are fun (even shotgun wookie), why being a completely waste of space pot shot sniper teammate is the soup of the day, every day. Why not throw some motion mines? Why not use some of those mortar strikes? Even from a selfish standpoint, do you not like experience and kills? I enjoy a good sniper shot as much as the next guy (well, maybe not), but its absolutely the most DULL way to play this game, and it seems to be everyones favorite.

/rant :)

todahawk

Mr. Snrub said:
MW2 stepping it up: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/63806

Granted, it's been out longer, but three more new maps. Can only imagine DICE will respond :lol

Man, don't get me started on new maps...

i just don't get it. 5 million+ users and they can't tell us anything about new maps? I'm starting to hear randoms bitch in game about getting bored. I'm not there yet (bored that is) but while the Onslaught mode sounds interesting I'll guess that it's only going to pull people away from the other modes.

@TheApatheticOne: I agree, I've seen low level players with the GOL and that tells me all they do is play that one class. As much as I was interested in the new physics and bullet drop mechanics I still spent a lot of time messing with the motion mines and mortar strike. Hell, it's a ton of fun to put a 4x or red dot on your rifle, equip c4 and go CQC.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mr. Snrub said:
MW2 stepping it up: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/63806

Granted, it's been out longer, but three more new maps. Can only imagine DICE will respond :lol
VIP Map Pack #3

:(

greenjerk said:

i just don't get it. 5 million+ users and they can't tell us anything about new maps? I'm starting to hear randoms bitch in game about getting bored. I'm not there yet (bored that is) but while the Onslaught mode sounds interesting I'll guess that it's only going to pull people away from the other modes.
Yup i dont get it, at least say :'yes were working on NEW maps' and release VIP map packs #3,#4 and #5.

greenjerk said:

@TheApatheticOne: I agree, I've seen low level players with the GOL and that tells me all they do is play that one class. As much as I was interested in the new physics and bullet drop mechanics I still spent a lot of time messing with the motion mines and mortar strike.
Hell, it's a ton of fun to put a 4x or red dot on your rifle, equip c4 and go CQC.
that was no fun before the patch, and after, it's even less fun. might as well use a pump shotgun with slugs, especially now that the mid range rifle damage has been nerfed.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
the game is totally cpu-dependent. I left Firefox in the background and it dropped like 10-15 fps.

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:

@TheApatheticOne: I agree, I've seen low level players with the GOL and that tells me all they do is play that one class. As much as I was interested in the new physics and bullet drop mechanics I still spent a lot of time messing with the motion mines and mortar strike. Hell, it's a ton of fun to put a 4x or red dot on your rifle, equip c4 and go CQC.

or, add Tank Mines, with the Extended clip (x6 mines) go plant and Mcom station, hide around the corner and launch a granade at the mcom, once they try to disarm it. Now that is some good fun right there....

vixlar

TheApatheticOne said:
I agree. The worst part about it for me is that when you are put on a squad of 3 snipers and you die in rush, there is no good place for you to spawn. You basically end up back at the base regardless, which kills any type of consistant push you are making.

Any more, I mean, I'll give it some time, but if Im on a sniper heavy squad, I'll drop out of that squad and see if the game can put me in a new squad. If not, Im out. If so, and there is another new 3 snipers, Im out.

Murphy's law: All your teammates are Recons. All your enemies are medics.

DuckRacer

CozMick said:
Wow, they're classed as new? :lol
They're never releasing new maps, especially after their "hey all maps will be free dudes!" declaration. Why spend a ridiculous amount of time designing and modeling huge rush maps, just to give them away when instead they could package them with a fall 2011 Bad Company 3?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
DuckRacer said:
They're talking about the Laguna Alta/squad rush and Nelson Bay/squad deathmatch pack.
Yup i think so.

Darklord

Banned
DuckRacer said:
They're never releasing new maps, especially after their "hey all maps will be free dudes!" declaration. Why spend a ridiculous amount of time designing and modeling huge rush maps, just to give them away when instead they could package them with a fall 2011 Bad Company 3?

The gap between 1 and 2 is 2 years, not 1 like CoD. Also, I'm sure they'll release new maps, they can just charge for other shit. Guns and new modes.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mr. Snrub said:

TFA said:
As with the previously released "Stimulus Pack" DLC, the "Resurgence Pack" will deliver five additional multiplayer maps in exchange for 1200 Microsoft Points / $15.

Yeah, I rather have reskinned mode/maps than pay $30 for 10 extra maps, four of which are ports [and two-three of which are actually good] while the rest of the maps suck utter shit like the base mode.

Thankfully, I sold MW2 this past week and put the cash to 3D.GH, so it isn't sitting there going "PLAY ME! PLAY ME! ;__; I'M NOT REALLY BROKEN LIKE YOU THINK I-- (stuff it into box)" anymore.

subversus

what really irks me is that they can just put BC1 maps in and call it a day. The games are basically same. But no, let's make another vip pack.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
need 100% unbiased (yeah and im asking on gaf) opinions on PC, 360 or PS3 for this game.

Im thinking of getting this on PC though I am hearing console grpahics ae almost identical and much easier to use a joystiq.. Advise please.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Dorfdad said:
need 100% unbiased (yeah and im asking on gaf) opinions on PC, 360 or PS3 for this game.

Im thinking of getting this on PC though I am hearing console grpahics ae almost identical and much easier to use a joystiq.. Advise please.
Server Browser.

Fersis

Dorfdad said:

PC will always be the platform up to date, it has server browser and lots of server customization.

PS3 is awesome because its the one i play. :3 (Theres lots of gaffers playing too)
EDIT: Oops. ;)

todahawk

The Faceless Master said:
that was no fun before the patch, and after, it's even less fun. might as well use a pump shotgun with slugs, especially now that the mid range rifle damage has been nerfed.

dunno, i liked taking the bolt-action sniper rifles with a red dot or 4x on tighter maps like valaparisio. honestly haven't tried it post patch. :/

Dorfdad said:

PC seems to be getting updated faster and is vastly more customizable. The only reasons to go console are for friends and if you like a gamepad more than a mouse.

subversus said:
what really irks me is that they can just put BC1 maps in and call it a day. The games are basically same. But no, let's make another vip pack.

I'd love this...I really want to play this "Harvest Day" map.

subversus

Dorfdad said:

that's just bullshit man

I played both PS3 and PC versions and they look night and day in textures, lighting and especially shadows department.

But if you have troubles with mouse get PS3 version, you'll be raped hard on PC

courtesy of beast786:

BFBC2Game_2010-05-01_00-26-58-98.jpg

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Nabs said:
Yep. I always find a server with 28-31 people with an excellent ping.

But can your computer handle the game?

Quite easily Quad core 3.0gig and ATI Radeon 9850 with 8gigs ram windows 7 64bit

Darklord said:
The gap between 1 and 2 is 2 years, not 1 like CoD. Also, I'm sure they'll release new maps, they can just charge for other shit. Guns and new modes.

Believe it when I see it.

subversus said:

No they can't 'just' do it. Destruction 2.0 changes everything. It would be nice though, if they remade and rebalanced the old maps.

gillty

Banned
Dorfdad said:

More players, server browser, more customization, and looks MUCH better. Whether or not you prefer keyboard/mouse or controller(god help you) the PC version is the superior version.

Do you not get points for a class that you pick up off a dead body?

I was medic and ran out of ammo so I decided to pick up a sniper kit and played the rest of the game with it. The end of the round screen came up and it didn't have any points in the recon area, just medic.

Deadly

Fourman said:
Do you not get points for a class that you pick up off a dead body?

I was medic and ran out of ammo so I decided to pick up a sniper kit and played the rest of the game with it. The end of the round screen came up and it didn't have any points in the recon area, just medic.
Nope, it adds to the class you were, the pack you picked up is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom