• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shnookums

Darklord said:
The gap between 1 and 2 is 2 years, not 1 like CoD. Also, I'm sure they'll release new maps, they can just charge for other shit. Guns and new modes.

Battlefield 3 is not a sequel to Bad Company 2. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying here?

Az

I thought the patch should have fixed not getting points while you're dead. I swear I've probably lost 100k in points. Just yesterday I had 580 points at one due to anti tank mines and bunch of other stuff and did not get 'em.

Darklord

Banned
Shnookums said:
Battlefield 3 is not a sequel to Bad Company 2. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying here?

Wait, what? No, I'm talking about the gap between Bad Company 1 and 2 is 2 years.

PjotrStroganov said:
Believe it when I see it.

They just released a new mode and you have to pay for it.

Letting my little sister's friend play this right now, and I just noticed something. After the round is over it plays the win/lose video, but it no longer says who won. Am I remembering wrong or did they take it out?

Shnookums

Darklord said:
Wait, what? No, I'm talking about the gap between Bad Company 1 and 2 is 2 years.

You mentioned this gap in response to a post that said they would save new map efforts for Battlefield 3 in 2011. I guess I'm not understanding why you mention the gap since they are two different series of games.

Sanjay

Nabs said:
Dogtags total: 738
Dogtags unique: 610
Bronze total: 508
Bronze unique: 425
Silver total: 228
Silver unique: 186
Gold total: 2
Gold unique: 2

i love my dog tags

I love yours too, with all this knife talk thought it was about time I posted these, I wish I recorded it but pictures will have to do.

7 Knife kill streak in 11 seconds :D
b54nc1.jpg

Gaf victim 1
ms0ikj.jpg

Gaf victim 2
331zy28.jpg

Gaf victim 3
1627gja.jpg

Gaf victim 4
30rpoa0.jpg

Top 4, all gaffers :D
im12qr.jpg

We really need to start playing again.

Darklord

Banned
Shnookums said:
You mentioned this gap in response to a post that said they would save new map efforts for Battlefield 3 in 2011. I guess I'm not understanding why you mention the gap since they are two different series of games.

just to give them away when instead they could package them with a fall 2011 Bad Company 3?

I think that's where the miscommunication was. He was talking about Bad Company 3. Not BF3.

Sanjay said:
I love yours too, with all this knife talk thought it was about time I posted these, I wish I recorded it but pictures will have to do.

pics

We really need to start playing again.

WTF? Are these pics old or are you guys still playing on PC?

Sanjay

Mr. Snrub said:
WTF? Are these pics old or are you guys still playing on PC?

Yeah they were awhile ago, we have not pld together for a long time now :( hopefully next weeks patch will get them all back playing, so I can knife them some more.

God I'm so damn frustrated right now. Me and my buddies managed to steal the Hind on Isla Innocentes and we still lose. We didn't even have that damn hill before the final base. Plus, I stabbed so many guys in the back of their head only for them to turn round and 1 shot me. The new patch can't come soon enough!

Nabs

Sanjay said:

funny :lol

what do you say you start playing on our team for once :lol instead of trying to up your dog tag collection

edit: damn, i deleted the video of you stuck in the collapsed tower :lol

greenjerk said:
Wow, didn't know that. I always assumed it dumped points into the class kit you picked up.
nope. it's a good way to pack in some extra points too. see a medic die? grab his kit, throw a health pack. switch back to your kit. assault? same thing.

sw33tclyde said:
Letting my little sister's friend play this right now, and I just noticed something. After the round is over it plays the win/lose video, but it no longer says who won. Am I remembering wrong or did they take it out?
there's a bug where it sometimes doesn't show.

especially on panama canal!

Wthermans

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
that was no fun before the patch, and after, it's even less fun. might as well use a pump shotgun with slugs, especially now that the mid range rifle damage has been nerfed.
Eh it's still fun. Going 16-0 with a gun that has the lowest DPS in the game is always good for a few laughs. :lol

there's a bug where it sometimes doesn't show.

especially on panama canal!

Hmm I haven't seen it once since the patch. I play Rush exclusively though.

Could just be unlucky though, I haven't played much in the past few days.

Razor210

Well, this game is extremely laggy now, and it's not uncommon to be rubberbanding 5 times in a row.

Though striketh and me proved our nubness tonight.

*enemy lands blackhawk on A for first set of M-COMMs for Valprasio*
Me: "lets salvage that thing"
striketh and me jump in and are instantly killed by C4 placed by the original pilot

Violater and dreamgazer: smh

1stStrike

Banned
Immense server lag/rubber banding still persists on consoles. PS3 gaf threw in the towel for the night because of it.

God damnit EA/DICE, learn how to fucking run a server.

Vard

1stStrike said:
Immense server lag/rubber banding still persists on consoles. PS3 gaf threw in the towel for the night because of it.

Really? :( I haven't played since the patch came out and I was going to jump on soon, expecting to play with a bunch of GAFfers. That sucks.

Has EA/DICE said they're working on a fix to this?

i've definitely seen it in Rush and Conquest post patch.

Err, I meant I've not seen the You win/lose pop up once since the patch. It has glitched every time for me on Rush. Dunno if you got that, so I clarified.

leng jai

My engineer play has definitely dropped off post patch. The SCAR seems to have lost some power at medium range and of course the CG is nowhere near as effective as it was against infantry.

mm04

I definitely got my money's worth buying this game for my PC, but now it's starting to lose my interest. I'm rank 27 and have unlocked every kit. I'm probably just going to hang it up until they release some new maps or something. What's funny is now that I don't have any unlocks to look forward to, I'm way more prone to rage quitting. :lol

Ogre123

Neo Member
Had my best game ever tonight! Got 40 awards in 1 game (some of them were the long term awards like xxx kills with this class weapon etc. Really good games too. I didn't think the lag was too bad tonight, I was having fun.

2010-05-15%2000.38.43.jpg

1stStrike said:

Was clean for me tonight.

Wag

mm04 said:
I definitely got my money's worth buying this game for my PC, but now it's starting to lose my interest. I'm rank 27 and have unlocked every kit. I'm probably just going to hang it up until they release some new maps or something. What's funny is now that I don't have any unlocks to look forward to, I'm way more prone to rage quitting. :lol
Play as an engineer. That's a challenge. It's damn hard to get points that way.

leng jai said:
My engineer play has definitely dropped off post patch. The SCAR seems to have lost some power at medium range and of course the CG is nowhere near as effective as it was against infantry.

...but all SMGs got a range buff. The only negative thing an SMG had was the AK recoil increase.

And I've only started using the CG since the patch and any time I've engineer, I get a ton of double or more kills.

leng jai

Mr. Snrub said:
...but all SMGs got a range buff. The only negative thing an SMG had was the AK recoil increase.

And I've only started using the CG since the patch and any time I've engineer, I get a ton of double or more kills.

Yeah I just noticed I didn't have the explosives perk on after the patch got applied so that explains the second point.

Not sure whats happening with the SCAR, I've had so many occasions where I've unloaded a clip on a guy at medium/long range and had to pull out the pistol to finish him off. This rarely happened to me before the patch :S

1stStrike

Banned
NEOPARADIGM said:
Was clean for me tonight.

East coast or west coast? All I know is that the entire time we were playing all the gaffers in the squad were raging about the lag and Crak sent me a message (he was in another squad) saying it was too much for him and he left. I got one more game in and was out.

I'm used to being awake at this time so I can't really sleep. I'll go hop on and see if it's better/give it another shot. Though, 4 am isn't exactly my preferred time to play.

1stStrike

Banned
Well, played most of a game but my internet went down. Seems that the lag is under control at 4 am est, but during prime time it's fucking unplayable. Which freaking sucks.

My internet went down (good ol roadrunner) so I'm posting this on my cell phone. Back to FF13 I guess.

And, wth is 3D dot heroes or whatever? I see a bunch of people playing that shit.

UFRA

1stStrike said:
And, wth is 3D dot heroes or whatever? I see a bunch of people playing that shit.

It's a game that is sort of a tribute to classic 2D 8-bit games, and is based on The Legend of Zelda for NES. Made by the same dev/publisher as Demon's Souls (complete with Demon's Souls references in the game). Pretty awesome, I am totally addicted to it and it's saving me from the stress that is BC2 right now with all of its laggy server issues.

Welcome home btw.

And Roadrunner FTW. ;)

leng jai said:
Yeah I just noticed I didn't have the explosives perk on after the patch got applied so that explains the second point.

Not sure whats happening with the SCAR, I've had so many occasions where I've unloaded a clip on a guy at medium/long range and had to pull out the pistol to finish him off. This rarely happened to me before the patch :S

At least you can hit something with the SCAR. I have much better luck with the starting gun.

Yeah I couldn't take several steps without skipping randomly. A lot of my shots didn't register at all and worst off I couldn't get in a squad :lol

I'll be playing 3D Dot game heroes unless somebody message me that it hardly lags. The game is hilarious.

Well back to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom