• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darklord said:
Wait, what? No, I'm talking about the gap between Bad Company 1 and 2 is 2 years.

They just released a new mode and you have to pay for it.

Oh I believe that. I meant I first have to see them release truly new free maps.

The MG3 is so much fun to use...

It's pourring bullets so fast, you can't have a chance to understand how in the world, you fired 30 bullets in half a second (but still, kill the dude) :lol

The noise it makes, it's so brutal, so clumpky, it feels like you unleash hell upon your enemies.

But you have to reload way too often :(

Mafro

I really wish there were lobbies in this, I'm fucking fed up of joining matches when there's 5 tickets left on my team, or when the final crate is about to explode.

1stStrike said:
Immense server lag/rubber banding still persists on consoles. PS3 gaf threw in the towel for the night because of it.

God damnit EA/DICE, learn how to fucking run a server.

Glad it's not an issue in my side (even though every thing else plays fine).

With so much money EA is losing I doubt "buy better servers for BC2" is on top of their list.

mm04

Wag said:
Play as an engineer. That's a challenge. It's damn hard to get points that way.

I've played as all classes and unlocked all of the kits. It's kind of funny, because I started as Assault and loved that. After rank 16 or so, I switched to Recon and dug that. Unlocked all of that stuff and moved to Engineer. Had a blast doing that (no pun intended) and then moved on to Medic and completed all of the unlocks. I really enjoy playing Medic too.

It's nice to have the ability to switch classes during the course of a game and have everything at your disposal and the versatility to fill whatever role is needed. I just think that my problem isn't so much the gameplay of the classes as it is I only enjoy Rush and Conquest and there are only so many maps so far.

I'd be back on the bandwagon as soon as some new content comes along, but I don't feel the drive to try and rank up anymore when the only benefit is a new title. What I'm doing now is trying the most odd kit setups and seeing how successful I can be with it while still helping the team.

1stStrike

Banned
I pretty much just had my best game ever. I was playing assault with the AN-94 + 4x scope on arica harbor in rush. I figured I'd go assault because most people go engineer on that map and don't have range.

Well, it worked pretty well for me. I ended the game 48 - 19, had multiple nemesis pins and wiped the floor with the enemy team.

I think being back in the US with a lower ping is really helping me. Everything just clicked today. I had. "Crakatak" moment :p

Too bad no other gaffers were with me :|

Oh and the lag only seems to come into play during the east coast prime time. It was fine when I was playing earlier. But, later at night when everyone is on the lag starts to pick up.

Jesus the fucking lag in this game is the worst, I hate the way it handles it. I would rather have the killzone lag where the two guys kill each other than getting pushed back 5 feet wverytime I move.

Fucking Dice, learn how to run a fucking server. 2 months after launch and it's still shit. Remember the times where you use to pit $60 on a game and it worked when you got it home, ahh good times.

1stStrike said:
I pretty much just had my best game ever. I was playing assault with the AN-94 + 4x scope on arica harbor in rush. I figured I'd go assault because most people go engineer on that map and don't have range.

Well, it worked pretty well for me. I ended the game 48 - 19, had multiple nemesis pins and wiped the floor with the enemy team.

I think being back in the US with a lower ping is really helping me. Everything just clicked today. I had. "Crakatak" moment :p

Oh and the lag only seems to come into play during the east coast prime time. It was fine when I was playing earlier. But, later at night when everyone is on the lag starts to pick up.

ahh so thats what happened to you last nite. randall and i pretty much mopped up while you were gone.

looking at the 3d dot game heroes site, i may have to pick this up as well. looks pretty cool. lol.

1stStrike

Banned
duracell017 said:
ahh so thats what happened to you last nite. randall and i pretty much mopped up while you were gone.

looking at the 3d dot game heroes site, i may have to pick this up as well. looks pretty cool. lol.

Yea I was pissed. First night back and the internet goes out on me.
I'll be back on tonight, but I gotta go and see the family and do some clothes shopping today. Tomorrow is the big, fancy dinner *rolleyes*

I'm prolly gonna pick up that game too next pay check. Looks/sounds fun and I loved demons souls, so anything that references that is up my alley.

UnluckyKate said:
The MG3 is so much fun to use...

It's pourring bullets so fast, you can't have a chance to understand how in the world, you fired 30 bullets in half a second (but still, kill the dude) :lol

The noise it makes, it's so brutal, so clumpky, it feels like you unleash hell upon your enemies.

But you have to reload way too often :(

I was sniping at the last part of Isla and got shot by a medic who was flanking our base. Before I got shot two squadmates spawned on him, so I thought I had them all figured out. After spawning, I ran the whole way behind the green screens behind the chopper spawn only run around the last corner and see a muzzleflash, hear the signature MG3 braaaabraaaa sound and seeing 3 guys hit the ground. Turns out my squadmate got them all. It must have looked funny sight for him, watching me look at the bodies, then at him, and at the bodies again because he started laughing and said, yes that was me. And laughed some more. Funny fucking shit.:D

Raide

Had some awesome games last night that make me wish this game had a record/playback feature.

Playing Port Valdez, attacking the second set of M-coms. Saw someone hiding by the left M-Com, since the other had already fallen. I shot a steaming Carl at them and killed 2 people but the explosion caused the whole building to finally collapse and about 4 or 5 kills all popped up since the rest of the team was hiding inside to protect the M-com. :lol

I think it clicked up for 520+ points for kills, I was cheering and whooping down the mic at my squad. :lol

No_Style

Here's a tip to add:

Try using armored vehicles as distractions on offense; not as long range makeshift artillery cannons. Against a stonewalled defense team, punching through and just driving in circles shooting at anything and everything creates an excellent distraction for the rest of the team to seep through.

I did that at least three times whilst playing Rush with GAF and it worked wonderfully. As soon as a vehicle was in their area, the MCOM was armed within seconds. :D

Also great games with those of you I played with this morning/afternoon. Even though the lag was annoying :(

I really need to practice with the helicopter more because lately I seem to get the worst pilots. I've got in a few times and always crash:lol. Never was a good pilot. Even in BF2, I never learned to fly.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No_Style said:
Also great games with those of you I played with this morning/afternoon. Even though the lag was annoying :(

Yeah, I quit that game (that Stroganov joined, thought he was a PC BC2 person) like 30 mins ago. It started to rubber band on me and I was dying more times than I could kill and I KNEW my shots would register but they weren't.

Meh.

361/500 shotgun kills. ALMOST HOME. HOORAH! And then I can go back to my AN-94 and abuse the crap out of it. :lol

No_Style said:
Here's a tip to add:

Try using armored vehicles as distractions on offense; not as long range makeshift artillery cannons. Against a stonewalled defense team, punching through and just driving in circles shooting at anything and everything creates an excellent distraction for the rest of the team to seep through.

I did that at least three times whilst playing Rush with GAF and it worked wonderfully. As soon as a vehicle was in their area, the MCOM was armed within seconds. :D

Correct. I use the optics lately to destroy A and the second B on arica but I noticed that rolling up in armor gets noses of the enemy pointed towards me:p. I should try it more often.

TheSeks said:
Yeah, I quit that game (that Stroganov joined, thought he was a PC BC2 person) like 30 mins ago. It started to rubber band on me and I was dying more times than I could kill and I KNEW my shots would register but they weren't.

Meh.

361/500 shotgun kills. ALMOST HOME. HOORAH! And then I can go back to my AN-94 and abuse the crap out of it. :lol

You are excused for thinking that;) I usually play with a crew form a Dutch forum. The group is falling apart though, so I'll try and join the gaf crew more often. Next time I'll use my headset.

Fun games guys. The last game with TTP was especially good. Again defence on Arica and there I was with advanced optics around the corner. It's such a sight to see the projectile travel in a wide arc and still hit the enemy at great distance. After that I was pistol whipping the tracer and scattering mines on just the right places. Sometimes everything just works

Rapping Granny said:
Jesus the fucking lag in this game is the worst, I hate the way it handles it. I would rather have the killzone lag where the two guys kill each other than getting pushed back 5 feet wverytime I move.

Fucking Dice, learn how to run a fucking server. 2 months after launch and it's still shit. Remember the times where you use to pit $60 on a game and it worked when you got it home, ahh good times.

Working great on the PC

1stStrike said:

That sucks.We was wondering what happen..

TheSeks said:

Meh.

i'm having fun with the shotty (last insignia i need other than the 2 bugged ones) even though my K/D has dropped by 0.02 since i started my run.

there were a few laggy servers on 360, but for the most part it's smooth.

todahawk

NEOPARADIGM said:
Were you the guy playing medic? If so, you were great. :D

1stStrike: Eastern time. But yeah, good point about time of day. Surely a factor.

Hey, didn't mean to leave you on that squad with the random pubbies last night... Anm8 sent me a squad invite and i was going to invite you as well but the squad was full. :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
No_Style said:
Who's Bloody_Marcel? Is that TTP? Your Friend List is full and you're a bastard with your MG3. :lol
Yup thats TTP. Our beloved italian FPS god.

greenjerk said:
Hey, didn't mean to leave you on that squad with the random pubbies last night... Anm8 sent me a squad invite and i was going to invite you as well but the squad was full. :(

Exactly what I figured, mate. No worries. ;)

todahawk

Vard said:
Yeah, same here (West coast). I was placed in your squad since toda's was full haha.

Lately i've been playing with more West Coast gaffers since I've been getting on so damn late... :lol

What's your PSN id Vard? I can't keep the PSN & related GAF names straight.

Came back to this tonight after a few months away. Is the lag worse or is it just me?

Also, I'm still waiting for the game to unlock the 'real' bullets. It seems like everyone else has them now...

1stStrike

Banned
B1gg_Randall said:
That sucks.We was wondering what happen..

I like how everyone quotes my "best game ever" post and then is all like "oh man that's horrible, sucks bad man" when responding to my earlier one about my internet disconnecting lol :p

I'm still stuck on korean time so I'm about to take a nap but I'll be on a bit later.

TheSeks

No_Style said:
Who's Bloody_Marcel? Is that TTP? Your Friend List is full and you're a bastard with your MG3. :lol

TTP is a bastard. :( He keeps reviving me like a good medic should, but I'm taking a dude out and myself out in the process so I could change class as Fersis and yourself were engineers and I didn't want to be a third (for balance on the squad) and I'm like "GODDAMN IT, TTP!" (suicide) :lol

Toda said:
Lately i've been playing with more West Coast gaffers since I've been getting on so damn late...

You need to get on earlier. :( I keep being in Uncharted 2 or some other game after waiting up on you and you show up like one-two hours before I generally call it quits. :/

Faceless said:
i'm having fun with the shotty (last insignia i need other than the 2 bugged ones)

I still have C4 (like 30), mines (74/100, IIRC), and knives (120/200) for emblems to get, this one would be fun if the hit-detection didn't work against me 9/10 of the time so I'm "Death death death, kill, death death death" despite having five dudes in those deaths in my sights and doing shit to them. >:|

Stroganov said:
Next time I'll use my headset.

Well that doesn't work on me. ;) TTP was using his mic and I'm like "LOL WUT PEAR.jpg" at it

eternaLightness said:
I really need to practice with the helicopter more because lately I seem to get the worst pilots. I've got in a few times and always crash:lol. Never was a good pilot. Even in BF2, I never learned to fly.

I think worse than a bad attack chopper pilot is a gunner WHO DOESN'T SHOOT AT ANYTHING.

So I piloted the Hind twice today, and since the tracer buff I've learned to mainly fly around the borders and maybe sweep over the attacker spawn as fast as possible, and let my gunner clean up shop. Each time I was doing well--was able to make 4-6 sweeps through their base, and most of the time my gunner wasn't shooting at ANYTHING.

Attention attack chopper gunners: even if you don't see anything to shoot at, shoot where you THINK they might be. The "reload" on the main gun isn't long...just SHOOT, DAMMIT!

Other than that, some decent games, but for a while every server I went into just had a team that was completely incompetent. What a bad day, think I lost more rounds than I won, although we had an EPIC last stand on Laguna Presa rush. We were getting pounded by the attackers the whole time, but we stiffened up and wouldn't let them take out the MCOM A (they had gotten Bravo).

Next round we got to attack, and I think with a good squad/team, Laguna Presa rush might be my favorite round to attack as, because of the different routes you can take to sneak up on the defenders. I have a much better w/l as a defender and generally prefer it to attacking, but sneaking through the jungle, running through the river and ambushing some defenders while your teammate arms an MCOM...epic.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I gave up on pins...They want me to get 5 pay backs one? I haven't had a Nemesis since my first day of play when learning the game. My one and only. :lol

shintoki said:
I gave up on pins...They want me to get 5 pay backs one? I haven't had a Nemesis since my first day of play when learning the game. My one and only. :lol

Yeah :-\ I don't even WANT to get that one. I have 3/5 payback pins, but the last time I got one was over a month ago.

Yeah its a shame...after the initial server crashing bullshit this was probably the cleanest running multiplayer game out for a few weeks...but it seems like things are getting worse.

yeah Seks, it definitely takes longer that it used to for me to down a chopper with the HMG's, probably 50% longer, seems like forever.

Mr. Snrub said:
I think worse than a bad attack chopper pilot is a gunner WHO DOESN'T SHOOT AT ANYTHING.

So I piloted the Hind twice today, and since the tracer buff I've learned to mainly fly around the borders and maybe sweep over the attacker spawn as fast as possible, and let my gunner clean up shop. Each time I was doing well--was able to make 4-6 sweeps through their base, and most of the time my gunner wasn't shooting at ANYTHING.

Attention attack chopper gunners: even if you don't see anything to shoot at, shoot where you THINK they might be. The "reload" on the main gun isn't long...just SHOOT, DAMMIT!
oh god that. you have infinite fucking ammo. light some shit up!!!

i know i've gotten quite a few kills by just shooting suspicious areas.

in fact (not chopper related, but 'suspect areas' related) just yesterday or the day before, on defense on Isla, on the 2nd set of crates, we see some random guy run across the road to B from behind where A was, so we kill him. then i shoot a carl at the shed behind B. *boom* double kill. i didn't *know* that people were there, but it was just a suspect area because someone ran from that direction.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
You need to get on earlier. :( I keep being in Uncharted 2 or some other game after waiting up on you and you show up like one-two hours before I generally call it quits. :/

Yeah, i know, been burning the midnight oil...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TheSeks said:
TTP is a bastard. :( He keeps reviving me like a good medic should, but I'm taking a dude out and myself out in the process so I could change class as Fersis and yourself were engineers and I didn't want to be a third (for balance on the squad) and I'm like "GODDAMN IT, TTP!" (suicide) :lol

lol, sorry about that. And sorry for being a Medic+ most of the time. I needed to get the DLC trophy for that. I'm done now. I only need the Recon+ trophy to complete the set (about 50 kills to go).

shintoki said:
i keep getting payback pins! i have 15 on 360. probably because i rushdown so much. getting shot in the face is a great way to discover enemy positions! i'm not worried about my K/D as long as it stays above 1.0 and it's at 1.14 so i've got about a thousand uncontested shots to the face to go before i worry about that...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
The Faceless Master said:
i keep getting payback pins! i have 15 on 360. probably because i rushdown so much. getting shot in the face is a great way to discover enemy positions! i'm not worried about my K/D as long as it stays above 1.0 and it's at 1.14 so i've got about a thousand uncontested shots to the face to go before i worry about that...

BTW, how are you supposed to get the pin which requires to receive an attack and a defense order in one round? I have zero of that. How come? (I mostly play Rush)

Perhaps is a Conquest thing? Attack enemy flag / defend your flag?

TTP said:
BTW, how are you supposed to get the pin which requires to receive an attack and a defense order in one round? I have zero of that. How come? (I mostly play Rush)

yep, it's a Conquest pin.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
See, I feel the best way to victory is with spawn camping.
Set One. Tickets left, 73(Only two because I took out their tank with some mines)
Set Two. Tickets left, 10
Set Three. Tickets left 63
Set Four. Tickets left 59.

Take a guess on which one I got behind them. :lol If a single person can dig in at the right spot. The other team will slowly lose it and it creates openings for much weaker teams. This is how a single person can really change the flow of a game.

Of course I only play with randoms. So you have to learn to be that one man team if you want to win. Nothing increases skill more than playing on the losing team. We still lost, but I gave us a fighting chance on that second set.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
shintoki said:
Well, I'm glad you're so very good at this game. Why don't you try playing a little more recklessly? You know, rush into fire, press areas that are well defended, do crazy things that you could only hope to accomplish with fire support. I actually heavily depend on my team to cover my ass when I decide to jump into the frying pan, and while when they do cover me, I RIP AND TEAR, though more often they don't and I get cut down by the same guy sitting in the brush, thus I have many revenge pins, but only three nemesis pins.

In other news, I'll be off the game for a few months until I can get back to my tower. My netbook isn't really much of a powerhouse.

TheSeks

TTP said:

Yes, it's a conquest pin. You get it by holding the aim/reticule over the A/B/C flags and pressing select. Attack on enemy flags, defend on your flags.

Attack is easy to get so long as a squadmate is on the flag and (IIRC) capture it.

Defense is a little more tricky. You have to "command" the defense, the squadmate has to be there and kill all enemies there and the flag has to go back to "full" for a defense.

>>Medic<<

No, it's fine. You're doing what you should. It's just at times I DON'T WANT TO BE REVIVED! :lol It's been a month or so since I last played medic so it was nice trying to leapfrog with you at a couple of points.

yeah Seks, it definitely takes longer that it used to for me to down a chopper with the HMG's, probably 50% longer, seems like forever.

Ah, so I shouldn't be so pissy at Az and the others then. I knew I wasn't imagining things. Goddamn, that's horrible for Ilsa, as generally I can take out all the blackhawks before they can even get over the ridge. Now I guess I have to rely on others if I want to stop them from harassing/spraying the first set. Ugh.

Toda said:
Yeah, i know, been burning the midnight oil...

STOPPPPP with that. :(

aeolist

Banned
in fact (not chopper related, but 'suspect areas' related) just yesterday or the day before, on defense on Isla, on the 2nd set of crates, we see some random guy run across the road to B from behind where A was, so we kill him. then i shoot a carl at the shed behind B. *boom* double kill. i didn't *know* that people were there, but it was just a suspect area because someone ran from that direction.
I do that all the time and get kills. CG is perfect for destroying cover and just that is useful anyway.

shintoki said:
See, I feel the best way to victory is with spawn camping.
Set One. Tickets left, 73(Only two because I took out their tank with some mines)
Set Two. Tickets left, 10
Set Three. Tickets left 63
Set Four. Tickets left 59.

Take a guess on which one I got behind them. :lol If a single person can dig in at the right spot. The other team will slowly lose it and it creates openings for much weaker teams. This is how a single person can really change the flow of a game.

Of course I only play with randoms. So you have to learn to be that one man team if you want to win. Nothing increases skill more than playing on the losing team. We still lost, but I gave us a fighting chance on that second set.
i play a fair share of games with random teams and well, on attack, i feel the best way to victory is to blow that shit up myself. and on defense, i find the best way to victory is to stay near the base and spot then shoot until the randoms have demonstrated that they will actually clear the base and disarm crates.

TheSeks said:
Ah, so I shouldn't be so pissy at Az and the others then. I knew I wasn't imagining things. Goddamn, that's horrible for Ilsa, as generally I can take out all the blackhawks before they can even get over the ridge. Now I guess I have to rely on others if I want to stop them from harassing/spraying the first set. Ugh.
Hot Carl! or Tracer + RPG7! i never use the guns, the Carl is too easy to shoot them down with.

oh yeah, speaking of randoms, i joined a GAFfer (i don't remember who) yesterday and they were playing Squad DM. Unfortunately for them, i was put on a different team with some randoms.It was fun being up on the cliffsides of the map in Isla Inocentes with my squad of randoms taking long range slug shotty headshots while my random wookie buddies sniped and mortared the town.

the best part was when it moved to Laguna Presa and i sat in a bush around 40ft the tank THE ENTIRE MATCH just putting C4 on the tank, blowing it up when any enemies took it, and basically shooting anyone that passed by. you would think that by the 5th time the tank got blown up after they drove off, they would get the message. i went like 18-1 that game and was almost breaking out in tears laughing at that spot i was in. i mean, there's a killcam, so it's not really camping, right?

The stars aligned tonight as I managed to get 3 friends together for some games. Rolling with a fully communicating squad really takes this game to the next level. Favourite map currently is conquest on Panama Canal, a nice big map with lots of vehicles. Wish there were more helicopters though, outside of ground vehicles I feel multiplayer is pretty lacking on that front. Yet to try out rush, going to spice it up once conquest gets stale.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
No such thing as camping. If you are getting camped. It's your own damn fault.

So I just completed a pretty awesome trilogy of games.
51-1(The only death was from a suicide since I got a bugged layout), 59-1, 69-5.

*Takes out his pipe* To the person saying I should help them. It is thanks to awesome people like you who keep charging in that make these games possible <3

By the way, How do I give orders? Like I know people can call for ammo or set orders on a place to attack. also spot people

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
yep, it's a Conquest pin.

Well damn I've just finished a long Conquest session (since my last post) and I didn't get the requested orders to get the pin. I did get the Recon+ trophy tho, so I'm good for tonight :D

TheSeks said:
Yes, it's a conquest pin. You get it by holding the aim/reticule over the A/B/C flags and pressing select. Attack on enemy flags, defend on your flags.

Attack is easy to get so long as a squadmate is on the flag and (IIRC) capture it.

Defense is a little more tricky. You have to "command" the defense, the squadmate has to be there and kill all enemies there and the flag has to go back to "full" for a defense.

Wait, I have to *issue* the orders? I though the pin description said I had to *receive* such orders from squad members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom