• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Menelaus said:
never done a midnight release, how early should I show up?

Depends on the store.

The GS by my house always has midnight releases but doesn't get much activity since there is a bigger one in the mall not too far away. I showed up around 11:58 during the ME2 and ODST midnight release and walked out within 5 minutes.

So yea depends on the shop.

RS4- said:
Fuck, do I wait "a few weeks" for this damn 4 pack at Steam or do I just wake up on Tuesday and buy it.

I wish there was a concrete date. Hell, I wish the 4 pack was announced weeks ago.

You're gonna buy it on release. :)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
RS4- said:
Fuck, do I wait "a few weeks" for this damn 4 pack at Steam or do I just wake up on Tuesday and buy it.

I wish there was a concrete date. Hell, I wish the 4 pack was announced weeks ago.
If there was going to be a 4pack it would be up by now, it's not going to happen.

Menelaus said:
never done a midnight release, how early should I show up?

Eh, I'd say around 11:30 or so. It depends on your GameStop, but all the midnight launches I've been too are just standing around till midnight. I talked to a guy at my GameStop and it seems they really are doing a midnight launch. I like midnight launches as they generally get a ton of preorder bonuses, so you usually don't have to worry about that.

Eric WK

Tokubetsu said:
Depends on the area and game homie! Certain areas of Miami had like 300 dudes out to get MW2...and that was an hour or so before midnight!

In which case you show up at 12:20.

thanks for the info. good to hear that the exclusive mode nonsense isn't completely pervasive. internet activation sounds groovy as well.

it's hard to justify spending cash while having a bunch of credit, so i guess it's off to gamestop.

mbmonk

Teknopathetic said:
Laguna Alta looks like the 2nd map I've seen that has a decent layout for Conquest.

Do you have a link for the map in Conquest mode?

This will be in the map rotation day 1 :D

For those that have pre-ordered on steam the unlock time is on March 2nd 6pm eastern. I highly recommend canceling your pre-order by calling steam customer support and getting it at target.

Kibbles said:
Yes but the one in BC1 was a sexy siren. This is just a loud, honking horn which sounds way worse.

I mentioned that yesterday. The siren in BC2 is super annoying. I was getting irritated hearing it for like 2 minutes on the stream. I can't even imagine hearing it for hours of game time.

Ysiadmihi said:
Wow that's terrible.

Very much so. D2D unlock time is at 10am on March 2nd. I'm not the one that thinks i'm entitled to everything in the world but why is it that the top digital distribution service lacks proper release date times?

SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
Very much so. D2D unlock time is at 10am on March 2nd. I'm not the one that thinks i should feel entitled to everything in the world but why is it that the top digital distribution service lacks proper release date times?
that does suck but I remember seeing a few titles releasing earlier than said time like bioshock 2, lets hope for the best and hope it gets released earlier.

LowParry

For those that have pre-ordered on steam the unlock time is on March 2nd 6pm eastern. I highly recommend canceling your pre-order by calling steam customer support and getting it at target.

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaat!?!!

I had a chance to see most if not all of the SP on youtube. The games story may not be Oscar winning material, but its a nice change of pace from the dour and grim MW2 type of story. It has its serious moments, but isn't unrelentingly grim or without a sense of humor.

Lkr

Lostconfused said:
Eh at this point games have to start selling for $10 at retail for me to not buy games on steam.
well the fact that I'll have bfbc2 before steam makes retail worth it

Pennybags

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
I had a chance to see most if not all of the SP on youtube. The games story may not be Oscar winning material, but its a nice change of pace from the dour and grim MW2 type of story. It has its serious moments, but isn't unrelentingly grim or without a sense of humor.

It felt kind of odd to hear Haggard and Sweetwater use profanity so frequently. Haggard in particular seemed less loopy than he did in Bad Company 1.

Nabs

i guess i'll wait for 6pm to hit then. it'll be worth it in the long run.

Lostconfused said:
They would have to pay me to buy it somewhere else.

exactly.

Pennybags said:
It felt kind of odd to hear Haggard and Sweetwater use profanity so frequently. Haggard in particular seemed less loopy than he did in Bad Company 1.

I agree it was a tad odd, but it didn't really bother me, I suspect if the first game had been M, we would have heard it then. Haggard still seemed wacky, but by toning it down a notch, he became far more like a real personality and less like a cliche.

I also like that in the BF universe wars apparently don't actually move at a realistic pace and not some random invasion in ten minutes of DC. :D

Volcynika

Nah, I'm good. I don't get home from work until 6pm Central anyways. :D

drizzle

Axel Hertz
International customers (like me) won't get the game till the fourth, so stop your crazy ass bitching and buy the game in the superior DD platform, aka Steam.

atxDUTCH said:
i'd just show up at 12:15 - 12:30 either way.

I wouldn't recommend this, at my GameStop they try to get people out of there as fast as possible so they can go home. Depending on how many people show up it's very possible that if you showed up at 12:30 you'd be standing in front of a closed store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom