• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Lkr said:
Why do you guys need pre-load tonight? Game isn't out till Tuesday

Wait, PC has to wait for the maps? WHAT THE FUCK?!
Well, first, it takes a long time to download which I really don't want to do on Tuesday. Second, and more importantly, I want to play the game as soon as I can on Tuesday.

As for the maps on day 1, I think they mean PC gamers will get it day one as an update and will not have to worry about a code.

Looking around on forums, im seing people mention mouse lag is still present quite a bit on DX10/11 (even with HBAO and AA off) :(

Looks like i will be sticking to DX9 come Friday.

Edit - And literally seconds after i post crimsonheadGCN whips out that juicy nugget that gives me hope in humanity once again :D

Lkr said:
It better be. And link to optimization patch?

It's the stuff that was added throughout the beta, but did not make it to the final version that went out to retailers: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...your-retail-benchmarks-here.html#post12891325

repii said:
Keep in mind that many of the fixes we did for the Beta and other optimizations aren't in the retail version but the day1 patch. And as you are playing the game before release the ~day1 patch is not available yet. It is not a day -4 patch

One example of such fixes are the RenderAheadLimit setting that we added in the beta, it is not in the retail disc but will be in the first patch. This is what causes the mouse sluggishness (just as the beta)

So yeah, looks like the weapon/camo skins are the Dr. Pepper thing. Just guessing, since there are four of them.

This guy in the stream sucks and is the reason why teams lose. MCOM charge planted twenty yards in front of him and he doesn't go to defuse it.

Lkr

that patch better be available at midnight. as much as we all praise dice, they are infamous for fucking up big time with their last 2 PC releases...

Has anyone seen the AT4 at work yet? How does it work exactly in BC2? Slight lock on without tracer dart? Would it be effective against the UAVs?

Lkr

Mr. Snrub said:
So yeah, looks like the weapon/camo skins are the Dr. Pepper thing. Just guessing, since there are four of them.

This guy in the stream sucks and is the reason why teams lose. MCOM charge planted twenty yards in front of him and he doesn't go to defuse it.
re-link to stream please?

Net_Wrecker said:
Has anyone seen the AT4 at work yet? How does it work exactly in BC2? Slight lock on without tracer dart? Would it be effective against the UAVs?

Haven't used it but seeing it in the PS3 beta it was a slow, slow rocket so probably not great for UAVs.

Question about the EA Store...

I used to use it when it first came out (things like the Battlefield Booster packs etc), and at the time im pretty sure they were advertising "Download whenever!" sorta thing, like Steam, so all was cool.

Then after awhile they said they will stop that, and you have something like 6 months to keep downloading your stuff, or pay extra and download for 2 years, so i said fuck you to the service.

Now when i look at it, theres no mention of download limits or cut off times from downloading, or any option to add on the extended download service. Have they changed again and your stuff is there to download forever now ? Whats the dealio ? Cant keep track of the damn thing :lol

I think there should be an indicator that an engineer is near you/repairing your vehicle. Either that or players should wise the fuck up--way too many panicking tanks rapidly reversing or shooting forward, leaving the would-be savior engineers exposed and the tank unrepaired. :lol

Mr. Snrub said:
I think there should be an indicator that an engineer is near you/repairing your vehicle. Either that or players should wise the fuck up--way too many panicking tanks rapidly reversing or shooting forward, leaving the would-be savior engineers exposed and the tank unrepaired. :lol

I gave up on trying to repair in the demo, people just didn't get it.

Definity

The maps on that stream look so GOOD! Can. Not. Wait.

EDIT:

One thing, WTF is up with that horn in conquest mode? That will piss me off in about 30 seconds.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Squad Deatmatch
Two teams 4 squads each, only one vehicle per map. The first squad to reach 50 kills, wins the match.

Isn't this wrong? AFAIK, Squad Deatmatch is 4 squads against each other (each squad composed of 4 units). There are no "two teams" as each squad is a team basically (so technically is 4 teams).

The way it read in the OP sounds basically like any objective mode set up without the objectives. Which is not what Squad Deathmatch is.

Definity said:

EDIT:

One thing, WTF is up with that horn in conquest mode? That will piss me off in about 30 seconds.

BC1 has it as well. Adds to the intensity.

blanky

Definity said:

EDIT:

To make the team aware they're about to lose.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
This games runs smooth for me. Q6600 OC'd to 2.8GHZ, 4gb DDR2 RAM, Win7 Pro x64, and a 1GB 4870 results in an avg. FPS of 50 with everything on high with 2x AA and 1x AF. The game looks(and sounds) fantastic! I'm happy :) The Q6600 was probably the best computer-related purchase I've ever made.

Big Ass Ramp said:
This games runs smooth for me. Q6600 OC'd to 2.8GHZ, 4gb DDR2 RAM, Win7 Pro x64, and a 1GB 4870 results in an avg. FPS of 50 with everything on high with 2x AA and 1x AF. The game looks(and sounds) fantastic! I'm happy :) The Q6600 was probably the best computer-related purchase I've ever made.
you can up that a bit and still get 47-50 fps, I have almost the exact same specs and run it with 4x AA and 16x AF, looks great and runs great.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
GhostRidah said:
you can up that a bit and still get 47-50 fps, I have almost the exact same specs and run it with 4x AA and 16x AF, looks great and runs great.

Oh really? I'll try that. Thanks for the heads up.

TTP said:
Isn't this wrong? AFAIK, Squad Deatmatch is 4 squads against each other (each squad composed of 4 units). There are no "two teams" as each squad is a team basically (so technically is 4 teams).

The way it read in the OP sounds basically like any objective mode set up without the objectives. Which is not what Squad Deathmatch is.

Yeah, pretty certain its 4v4v4v4.

No_Style

CozMick said:
I must say I'm disgusted at the new theme,

What happened to the traditional dun dun da dun dun tune?

Not happy at all :(

A tiny bit of the traditional BF theme can be found in Snowy Mountain.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
The music is way too serious. BC1 had serious stuff too, but also stuff like this which totally fit the lighthearted nature of the game.

I also miss the little tune that plays when you get an award :(

Ysiadmihi said:
The music is way too serious. BC1 had serious stuff too, but also stuff like this which totally fit the lighthearted nature of the game.

I also miss the little tune that plays when you get an award :(

I absolutely hated the main music that came up in BC1 at the menu. That jazzy little tune. I had to turn it off. That's not Battlefield to me at all.

No_Style

A question concerning the localized voice option. I didn't get a chance to toggle the option, so will enabling it simply change the voices from their native languages to the American voiceovers or will it be in English with Russian accents?

Shawsie64

Banned
MotorbreathX said:
I absolutely hated the main music that came up in BC1 at the menu. That jazzy little tune. I had to turn it off. That's not Battlefield to me at all.

Yeah I agree. I thought it felt extremely out of place even with the lightheartedness of the game.

Iv seen a few missions at a friends house who managed to get it early from EB, from the stuff I saw it looks amazing!

No_Style said:
A question concerning the localized voice option. I didn't get a chance to toggle the option, so will enabling it simply change the voices from their native languages to the American voiceovers or will it be in English with Russian accents?

American

Ysiadmihi

Banned
No_Style said:

I didn't try it myself but in a video I believe I heard the Russian voiceovers speaking English with a Russian accent.

Shawsie64 said:
Yeah I agree. I thought it felt extremely out of place even with the lightheartedness of the game.

I don't think so at all. How can that music be out of place in a game where the grenade pins have smiley faces on them :lol

should i consider getting this for pc over steam instead of buying a physical copy? i have some gamestop credit due to that 50% bonus offer, and i figured i might as well place my first preorder there in like a fucking decade. getting access to that exlusive mode a month early, while a totally bullshit tactic on their part, would be nice. any chance the disc won't be needed in the drive to play?

Shawsie64

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
I didn't try it myself but in a video I believe I heard the Russian voiceovers speaking English with a Russian accent.

I don't think so at all. How can that music be out of place in a game where the grenade pins have smiley faces on them :lol

haha yeah I guess your right, "out of place" was probably the wrong term, it just didn't click with me..

Tokubetsu

Yeah, if we don't get pre-load out of the way now, come tuesday everyone's gonna be downloading at 110kbs tops for a 7-15gig dl. Staggering it is a lot more mangeable. Unlocking files can already notoriously take a few hours thanks to stressed out servers. Having to download the game on top of that? :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Net_Wrecker said:
Ha, same here, but I won't even bother. I'll just pick it up Tuesday morning.

I always think that for big releases, "No need to go down there at midnight." Then I end up going down there at 11:30 anyway.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
warbegins said:
should i consider getting this for pc over steam instead of buying a physical copy? i have some gamestop credit due to that 50% bonus offer, and i figured i might as well place my first preorder there in like a fucking decade. getting access to that exlusive mode a month early, while a totally bullshit tactic on their part, would be nice. any chance the disc won't be needed in the drive to play?

I don't believe Squad Rush mode (or whatever it is) is locked on the PC version.

warbegins said:

You can pick :) Either disc check, or internet activation (10 machine limit i think, can ring up if you run out) which removes disc check.

Net_Wrecker said:
the M136 is fully wire guided, just like the stationary ground launchers, there's no lock-on at all, bu it flies and turns wherever you aim, well, within the abilities of it's turning radius anyway.

The Faceless Master said:
the M136 is fully wire guided, just like the stationary ground launchers, there's no lock-on at all, bu it flies and turns wherever you aim, well, within the abilities of it's turning radius anyway.

Ahhhhh ok so it's not like the AT4 in Modern Warfare 2 then. I see.

RS4-

Fuck, do I wait "a few weeks" for this damn 4 pack at Steam or do I just wake up on Tuesday and buy it.

I wish there was a concrete date. Hell, I wish the 4 pack was announced weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom