• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
1stStrike said:
It's edited, though I don't see what the big deal is in relation to gaf. But, whatever.

I guess you never read the rules when you signed up for GAF?

Hell, let me quote it since you're lazy on reading rules:

Banned sites\memes\words that will most likely get you banned. said:
2. "Fag", "Faggot", "That's gay!" -- This is not middle school. NeoGAF has a sizable gay community, and if that bothers you, go somewhere else.

It's a "no-no." Just be glad a mod wasn't here the minute you made that post, or you'd be on a vacation for a bit.

Edit: You can use the word "fag"/"faggot"/"that's gay" in certain situations, but you were using it in an insulting way, which in GAF/modding is generally a one-way trip to ban town around here. Just FYI.

Edit2: [/Backstreeteatmoddingjusttoletpeopleknowwhatsup,ohgodI'msobanned]

Just got stuck with a TERRIBLE team for a few rounds. So frustrating. Feels like I'm 8 years old playing Super Mario World, I want to throw my damned keyboard/mouse across the room.

I do find that general insults toward the team help. Announcing to everyone that our tank drivers are complete pansies or half our team is idiot recons, seem to be taken personally, and then the team shapes up a little.

Deadlock

Good games yesterday with TheInquistor. It was awesome when I saw a helicopter start losing altitude, then watch the pilot fall out. Good shooting Inquiz...lol

Any PC player's friends list just not work? for the past week, I can't see if my friends are online, though I can join them if I double click their name. I've also been trying to friend people but don't think that's been working, either.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
Just got stuck with a TERRIBLE team for a few rounds. So frustrating. Feels like I'm 8 years old playing Super Mario World, I want to throw my damned keyboard/mouse across the room.

I do find that general insults toward the team help. Announcing to everyone that our tank drivers are complete pansies or half our team is idiot recons, seem to be taken personally, and then the team shapes up a little.

I find calling out strategy works a little. Like "incoming B" or "some go attack C" "they flanking from x", "don't only attack x" etc

Xamdou

LevityNYC said:
Those of you with good 5.1 surround systems, which sound setting do you prefer?

I can't decide between Home Cinema and War Tapes?

War tapes, makes my 5.1 surround system sound like an entirely different beast!

Ramirez

Any word on new Rush maps? I'm gonna need something to play after the Reach beta is over, and I'm quite bored of the maps that are available.

Ramirez said:
Any word on new Rush maps? I'm gonna need something to play after the Reach beta is over, and I'm quite bored of the maps that are available.
nope, but there's a new SQUAD RUSH map coming! and Squad DM...

Hopefully Map Pack 4 Mode Pack 4 has Atacama Desert - Rush and Port Valdez - Conquest with jeeps!

TheSeks

11 kills 2 deaths KDR: 5.50

Holy shit, yes. It's funny how I get a decent shotgun game in a game of full-on lag. :lol

405/500 Shotguns. YAY! ALMOST THERE! :D!

1stStrike

Banned
Starfish_Oxide said:
i need knife-age....willing to exchange knives now?

I would, but I'm getting dragged off to a family dinner in celebration of me returning from Korea.

Woo... hoo. 3 hours of a bunch of old people expecting me to entertain them in return for a steak dinner.

Ramirez

The Faceless Master said:

Hopefully Map Pack 4 Mode Pack 4 has Atacama Desert - Rush and Port Valdez - Conquest with jeeps!

I really wish Squad DM/Rush weren't even in the game, pretty lackluster experiences.

LevityNYC

Banned
Xamdou said:
War tapes, makes my 5.1 surround system sound like an entirely different beast!

Yeah, me too, buts its just a little too "busy" like there is just too much going on. I pretty much switch it up every round now.

Ramirez said:
I really wish Squad DM/Rush weren't even in the game, pretty lackluster experiences.
Squad DM is fun, but i don't really 'get' Squad Rush... they probably need to double or triple the amount of damage it takes to destroy a crate in Squad Rush.

UnluckyKate said:
Map Pack 4 needs to be Attacama and Panama Rush
they won't do 2 Rush maps in 1 pack.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:

I leave and everything goes to hell? lol

Whenever I play with you I do horrible. I played one round by myself and I go 40-11. I think you like choosing the terrible teams you masochist.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
I did that for toda. Never again.

I can vouch for that, doesn't help that I was being dimwitted. <KNIFE ME!>

Yeah, we did have some good games last night. I need to be more patient and slow down. I always play much better....

No biggie on that one AT mine death...

But I did save our Bradley (when you were driving) at least twice on Laguna Presa from C4'ing assaults, I heard the 'tink' of C4 hitting our hull and bailed before they could stick the second one and was able to gun the suckers down before they could get far enough away and detonate. That was pretty freaking awesome, for as late as it was, i was surprised my reflexes and coordination didn't fail me. :lol

Thanks for the savior kills, don't you get something like 50 points for those? I get enough of em, you'd think i'd remember.

Mr. Snrub said:
Any PC player's friends list just not work? for the past week, I can't see if my friends are online, though I can join them if I double click their name. I've also been trying to friend people but don't think that's been working, either.
Same.

I'll be on tonight with another friend maybe if we want to get a team going.

I'll be on the 360 all night tonight if anyone wants to play. If nobody's there I won't play BC2 but invite me if you see me online. I won't be on until probably 11 Mountain.

wow, looks like AT Mines have overtaken the Carl Gustav for me on 360. probably because last night i got FOUR STRAIGHT ATACAMA DESERT GAMES and i sure do love mining up flag approaches and base ramps.

MotorbreathX said:
I'll be on the 360 all night tonight if anyone wants to play. If nobody's there I won't play BC2 but invite me if you see me online. I won't be on until probably 11 Mountain.
i'll be on! hopefully without Shintoki shooting me in the face this time.

wow, looks like AT Mines have overtaken the Carl Gustav for me on 360. probably because last night i got FOUR STRAIGHT ATACAMA DESERT GAMES and i sure do love mining up flag approaches and base ramps.

Mines are one of my favorite things in the game. I had a match on valparaiso a few days ago where I dropped some mines at the initial defense spot, played defense for like 50 tickets or so, hadn't been an engie for like 15 minutes, and got a 4 person kill from one of my leftover mines out of the blue :lol

Sweet. I'll hit you up if I see you.

YagizY

1stStrike said:
Sek, I hereby nominate you to be my knife buddy. I need 4 more.

Hey if you need a knife buddy I am up for it. I should be able to do it tomorrow (monday) after the pheonix v. lakers game.

1943 is finally working?

11w39ty.png

recklessmind said:
How do you even boost the knife thing... seems impossible.
on 360 it's easy, since you can join recent players and you have Party Chat to organize a meet up spot. behind the blue dumpster in Valparaiso is perfect because it's 3 seconds out of bounds for the defenders, so they won't normally go there. all you do is get in a Squad DM match together, then if it's not full, one person leaves, then joins the other team from the recent players list.

i assume on PS3, you'd have to employ some trickery, like one person joining the game, waiting till his side is full, then sending the friend an invite when a spot opens on the other side and then doing the above.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
on 360 it's easy, since you can join recent players and you have Party Chat to organize a meet up spot. behind the blue dumpster in Valparaiso is perfect because it's 3 seconds out of bounds for the defenders, so they won't normally go there. all you do is get in a Squad DM match together, then if it's not full, one person leaves, then joins the other team from the recent players list.

i assume on PS3, you'd have to employ some trickery, like one person joining the game, waiting till his side is full, then sending the friend an invite when a spot opens on the other side and then doing the above.

I'm on PS3... what a retarded fucking trophy.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Need help for the "Distinguished Weapon Knowledge" insignia. It is awarded when getting all weapons bronze stars.

I have all bronze or above, expect the WWII M1A1 Thomson. Problem is, nothing seem to "register" stats-wise when using that weapon. I've played for about two hrs using that shitty weapon, killed more than 25 enemies and yet nothing. I go to the weapons stat page to check progression at it says *zero* to everything (even shots fired are 0!).

What am I missing?

Edit - Just google'd a bit. It seems I have to get the Garand first (hence be Veteran) in order for the stats to register properly? WTF. The veteran site aint even working anymore...

Edit - Ok, it's broken. Man... 2 hrs fighting a modern warfare with a WWII gun for nothing :/

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You got bad luck, you got put on the team opposite of me. Half the people I play with have that misfortune.

UFRA

Violater said:
Battlefield Bad Lag :/

Dear DICE,

Please put the game back to the way it was prior to the "patch" on the 11th.

I'd rather face an entire team of unbalanced M60 medics than have unplayable laggy rubbish.

Thanks.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
EA/DICE is aware of the lag issue.
They're working on it.

Source : Some EA guy/gal on the BFBC2 US forums.

They should make a blog post about it so more people know.
Better yet : Update the scrolling message at the main menu.

so hey Coin Return, remember our epic Last Stand on Valparaiso where we held B down and with like 20 tickets left, i sped off on a quad, then came back in the enemy tank and we held on and won?

This is what the guy who ate my C4 Quad said to me :D

10sgqhc.jpg

good games btw!

shintoki said:
You got bad luck, you got put on the team opposite of me. Half the people I play with have that misfortune.
i think you're the one who had the bad luck!

TheSeks

HOLY SHIT! THAT WAS EPIC.

White Pass, Conquest, lay mines at the enemy base after going around the edge to stealth insert.

Rush back to A.

BOOM! Anti-Tank to start my streak.

AK, AK, AK, AK, AK, TANK TANK. Combat Excellence, 8 kill streak.

Fast forward fast forward. KNIFE KNIFE.

AK-74U: BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM (dude isn't dead)
"SHIT!"
M1911: BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM (dude isn't dead still)
"SHITTTT!"
(We both rush each other seemingly out of ammo)
MISS MISS
"SHIT!"
(Turn around, miss miss)
"AAAAAAACK!"
(Knife animation slash instead of auto-aim/stab)
TheSeks <Combat Knife> SamuraiDuelDude
SDD Dogtag

Fast forward, Fast Forward.

House near the House to the "North" from RU/Objective C.

Five enemies in there.

TheSeks <Combat Knife> Dumbass1
TheSeks <Combat Knife> Dumbass2
TheSeks <Combat Knife> Dumbass3
TheSeks <Combat Knife> Dumbass4
TheSeks <Combat Knife> Dumbass5

(Enemies continue to flood in)

TheSeks <Combat Knife> Dumbass6
TheSeks <Combat Knife> Dumbass7

Dumbass1 <M60 LMG> TheSeks

29 Kills
7 Deaths

Forget the KDR, but I photoed that bitch.

SO FUCKING AWESOME. That samurai duel and rushing the house and going on a knife spree while they didn't even notice me (thankfully I didn't go with my gut and AK fire into there) was a blast. Too bad no one from GAF was there to recount this story with me. Only the person I sort-of half-know in real-life on my friends list was there. :(

Oh, man. That round was awesome.

Tanks, AK, SPAS-12 (giving me SPAS-12 Gold Star 3), Carl Gustav, AT Mines. Only thing missing was sea and air. :lol

1stStrike

Banned
yag: sounds like a plan. if we can get on opposing teams. it is pretty retarded on ps3 but it's the last trophy i need.

and yea shit ton of lag right now. i'm not even gonna bother trying the rest of the night.

recklessmind said:
I'm on PS3... what a retarded fucking trophy.
i got it legit back around the launch of BC2 when the usual suspects were Harix, BrokenOath, aj2good4u2, abuC, etc... we usually had a full GAF squad and sometimes the latecomers (me) would get stuck on the non-GAF team and would have to fend for ourselves!

Violater said:
Battlefield Bad Lag :/
was pretty smooth on the circle. dunno about the trey.

TheSeks

i got it legit back around the launch of BC2 when the usual suspects were Harix, BrokenOath, aj2good4u2, abuC, etc... we usually had a full GAF squad and sometimes the latecomers (me) would get stuck on the non-GAF team and would have to fend for ourselves!

Hard part is getting on the other team, then not dying while hunting. :lol

Edit:
Faceless said:
>>Gweedo73<<

I've ran into him when I played TF2 on the 360. Dude's a modder, don't feel bad killing his ass. (I think he plays Lost Planet: Colonies as well)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
i think you're the one who had the bad luck!
I know, I only got a 3.0 K/D that game. And got caught killed twice while stuck on the same rock. When I first got stuck, then I get rezzed and still stuck on the rocks.

Beautiful people are cursed. But I made up for it already. 25 and 0, 35 and 3. And I finally hit 2.5+ :lol AN98 is a beast <3. I miss the medpack for the medic, but damn the infinite ammo is awesome for Assault.

TheSeks said:
Hard part is getting on the other team, then not dying while hunting. :lol

Edit:

I've ran into him when I played TF2 on the 360. Dude's a modder, don't feel bad killing his ass. (I think he plays Lost Planet: Colonies as well)
why would i feel bad? it was an excellent C4 Quad. he was running toward the UAV Station and i guess heard the engine noise and turned and realized what was about to happen right as i bailed. then i detonated and grabbed the tank and hightailed it back to the base, killing 3 dudes on the way.

shintoki said:
I know, I only got a 3.0 K/D that game. And got caught killed twice while stuck on the same rock. When I first got stuck, then I get rezzed and still stuck on the rocks.

Beautiful people are cursed. But I made up for it already. 25 and 0, 35 and 3. And I finally hit 2.5+ :lol AN98 is a beast <3. I miss the medpack for the medic, but damn the infinite ammo is awesome for Assault.
i don't think i've ever been stuck in a spot that some combo of crouching, jumping and sprinting didn't get me out of...

TheSeks

i don't think i've ever been stuck in a spot that some combo of crouching, jumping and sprinting didn't get me out of...

I've been stuck in windows/panes with a divider. Shit sucks. :|

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ok I finally managed to get the Thomson bronze star by Veteran-unlocking the M1 Garand and using it instead of the Thomson. And yet I didn't get the insignia. Do gadgets (rocket launchers, mines etc) count as well? I mess two there.

TheSeks

TTP said:
Have you ever killed a competent player? :p

Only if they start to put mines in places I don't expect. Toda and I have been killed by a crafty bitch that put them in the gulch after we started to own them and cross in the gulch of Panama Canal Conquest weeks ago. :lol

Once I've seen a player start to wisen up and try to bring a group to my shotgun in the doorway tactic, or mines being blown up, they aren't a "dumbass" anymore.

Too bad that type of player is rare in public matches. Though Fersis, I, and another GAFfer ran into a tank that couldn't be stopped by me. Then again they were EU clan assholes, so they were playing SUPER SRS and I wasn't on my game (and neither was the rest of the team. :/)

Wthermans

Banned

I really want Panama Canal Rush and Nelson Bay Conquest

TTP said:
Ok I finally managed to get the Thomson bronze star by Veteran-unlocking the M1 Garand and using it instead of the Thomson. And yet I didn't get the insignia. Do gadgets (rocket launchers, mines etc) count as well? I mess two there.
the medal is bugged, you can't get it because you can't get the Garand bronze star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom