• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ogs said:
On W7 (Vista too i guess) the game needs to be run in Admin for pings to show. Bit stupid really, seeing as no other game i can think of needs that.
What the fuck? Weird, but thanks... I was wondering what's up with that. :)

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
No, it's beyond just running as Admin.

I disabled my firewall, UAC, and had to run as Admin to get pings to show. (I'm not using Steam)

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
When are you gonna be on again?

Im always on you should know that by now. But probably tonight around 8:30 est

The pings show up the rest of the time other then when in the score screens.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
Caffeine and Sugar, but close.

lolwutpear.jpg

Toda: You need to get on earlier in the day, man. :(

Oh I know. My sleep deprivation has seriously caught up with me in a bad way. I'm going to stop staying up so late, period. I should be on earlier during the week.

TheAzRim said:
Great games last night greenjerk. Stayed up way too late.:D

I played against some RAID clan earlier yesterday with Fersis and another GAFfer and damn they were organized. We still got them twice but it was a bitch to defend Valparaiso. They would send out one guy to sneak up on us and they'll wait and spawn on him. So we had to defend front and back. Some great games there.

Yup, good games. Those dude were so annoying when we were on D and they wouldn't attack. I felt no shame on Isla Innocentes when I was calling in mortar strikes on their blackhawks and popping wookies in their spawn.

And I'm almost done with all of my weapon bronzes, i feel like i've been forcing playstyles quite a bit lately instead of adjusting for conditions, teammates and maps. I'm down to just a few more kills for the SV98 and SVU though... edit: errrr just the SV98 left as of last night.

Nabs

toxicgonzo said:
No, it's beyond just running as Admin.

I disabled my firewall, UAC, and had to run as Admin to get pings to show. (I'm not using Steam)

you don't have to do all that. you can either run as admin, or disable uac.

OK I really really don't mean this as just bitching but I just played a game on my PS3. Let me say this first, the AN-94 is a beast and I haven't unlocked the "Stopping Power" perk yet to use with it.

Now this game at its core is easily the best online first person shooter on the PS3 but holy mother of fuck the lag is ridiculous. This is not hyperbole but I've played games on the Japanese servers for Killzone 2 that were way less laggy than what I've just played. I don't know how is the lag on Xbox or Euro land on PS3 but here in NA I can't believe that someone at DICE can pick up the controller and think this game is playable in anyway shape or form.

I really love DICE & Battlefield and have been a fan since Battlefield 2 on PC which is still the best first person shooter PERIOD, but BC2 in it's state right now is horrendous. Moves not registering (such as crouching) rubberbanding like crazy and enemies skipping all over the place tell you don't know to shoot directly at them or 2 feet in front of them or just don't bother and go play another game.

The Battlefield formula is still unmatched anywhere fro me and I would rather play one map and one mode over and over and over... and over instead of having 70 maps and more weapons than the US army arsenal but so much connection problems that it's just like connecting to a server in Antarctica.

I'm sorry if this seems like rambling and also apologize if there is any errors in spelling, grammar or punctuation since English isn't my native tongue but I do hope that the 7 stars of fate align in the sky and someone at DICE read this and just make the game at least playable or is that too much to ask ?

Sorry for the long post but I had to get it off my chest.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
EA and DICE are aware of the lag issue and they're working hard to fix it.

Vote for Fersis DICE Community Manager 2010

Spl1nter

Fersis said:

Not good enough Fersis.

The lag issues are reportedly in the East Coast NA. DICE is working with server providers to isolate and find a solution as quickly as possible. Any issues with rubberbanding on the pc version of the game should be addressed with the new R8 Client and R15 Server to be released this week. The pc patch is going through Q&A after changes were made during the weekend.

Vote for Spl1nter DICE Community Manager 2010

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Spl1nter said:
Not good enough Fersis.

The lag issues are reportedly in the East Coast NA. DICE is working with server providers to isolate and find a solution as quickly as possible. Any issues with rubberbanding on the pc version of the game should be addressed with the new R8 Client and R15 Server to be released this week. The pc patch is going through Q&A after changes were made during the weekend.

Yup but i use tonz of smileys and "Cry moar "posts. :3
ie: Cry Moar Spl1nter !
I win. :)
You lose X(

Gonna be playin' some SDM tonight.

todahawk

Fersis said:

Only if you use your powers to get us a new map pack (modes don't count!)

Spl1nter

Fersis said:
Yup but i use tonz of smileys and "Cry moar "posts. :3

I win. :)
You lose X(

Shouldnt the community manager to be someone who has been called a hacker and aimbot numerous times now and plays sniper almost exclusively.

Although your cry moar posts may be a solution for the BC2 forums.
Who are we kidding there is no solution for that cesspool.

Fersis

greenjerk said:
Only if you use your powers to get us a new map pack (modes don't count!)
BFBC3 Snipers as DLC ! BELIEVE !

EDIT: With these kind of ideas i could be EA's CEO or somethin' like that... mhmhmh

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Spl1nter said:
Fersis said:

Is a man not entitled to know what is going on at DICE?
"No," says Spl1nter. "That's only for the PC gamers."
"No," says Fersis. "That's only for PS3/360 gamers."

I chose the impossible.
I chose: Robert Bowling.

Robert Bowling, Community Manager 2010.

I would fucking rage if he moved to DICE

Spl1nter

TheSeks said:
Is a man not entitled to know what is going on at DICE?
"No," says Spl1nter. "That's only for the PC gamers."
"No," says Fersis. "That's only for PS3/360 gamers."

I chose the impossible.
I chose: Robert Bowling.

Robert Bowling, Community Manager 2010.

I would fucking rage if he moved to DICE

lol

Everyone knows BF3 should be pc exclusive. BC2 reeks of console changes in a number of areas.

No more re-spawn invulnerability!

Spl1nter said:
lol

Everyone knows BF3 should be pc exclusive. BC2 reeks of console changes in a number of areas.

I wonder if that's being removed in the patch this week, or the one after?

Regardless, I'm damned stoked to finally have points after death. Makes me tear up a little, wondering how many points I've lost due to this stupid design decision.

Razor210

Probably due to the lag, but has anyone encountered a glitch in which you reload, and the animation happens, but the clip is actually not reloaded?

My story goes like this:

Attackers just took the first set of MCOMMs on Arica Harbour, and I'm hunting down some defender who feels like lurking around. I see I have 5 bullets left in my XM8 Compact, so I reload.

3 seconds later, I see I have 5 bullets left still. I reload again, assuming that it's just a visual error.

I meet up with person, begin firing, and fire only 5 bullets in total because the game sucks. He kills me. I rage.

Fersis

Razor210 said:
Probably due to the lag, but has anyone encountered a glitch in which you reload, and the animation happens, but the clip is actually not reloaded?

My story goes like this:

Attackers just took the first set of MCOMMs on Arica Harbour, and I'm hunting down some defender who feels like lurking around. I see I have 5 bullets left in my XM8 Compact, so I reload.

3 seconds later, I see I have 5 bullets left still. I reload again, assuming that it's just a visual error.

I meet up with person, begin firing, and fire only 5 bullets in total because the game sucks. He kills me. I rage.
Lag. (Same as reloading without the animation and other crazy stuff)

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
I wonder if that's being removed in the patch this week, or the one after?

Regardless, I'm damned stoked to finally have points after death. Makes me tear up a little, wondering how many points I've lost due to this stupid design decision.

Im happy that we can now finally chat when dead andbetween teams read the chat. Will allow for some good conversations finally in servers.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Spl1nter said:
lol

It's hard not to sound PC elitist when hoping for a true BF3, but I completely agree.

I love me some BC2, but I really, really hope we can see a large-scale, fully realized BF3 designed for the BF2 audience (PC gamers).

I think BC2 is close, but the scale and infrequent vehicle battles (especially air vehicles) make me long for a full blown BF3.

Spl1nter

belvedere said:
I think BC2 is close, but the scale and infrequent vehicle battles (especially air vehicles) make me long for a full blown BF3.

I would say BC2 is not even close but I still love the game. From the size of the maps to the emphasis on vehicles to the gun play model. If you really compare the gunplay model of BF2142 to BC2 it shows the changes in the games. BC2 is a great game but a sequel to BF2/2142 is entirely different. A continuation and enhancment of the gameplay and balance of Bf2142 is what I want to see from a BF3. Although BF2 had some better maps overall.

2142 gameplay > BF2

BC2 is different but great in its own way. Who cant love being able to dominate because of 1hk sniper rifles to the body and motion mines

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
wtf is rubberbanding?

played on PC today, had tons of fun. Right people in your squad = win. It's a shame that I don't have time anymore to team up with my friends :(

Dyno

I've been playing on the PS3 alot. Like 28 kills and 8 deaths on Deathmatch alot. I see bits and pieces of lag here and there but nothing so bad that it would stop 28 and 8. I mean shits got to be smooth like silk to pull off 28 and fucking 8 yo!!!

Really I'm just here to brag about 28 and only 8 but decided I would make it relevant as well.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Spl1nter said:
I would say BC2 is not even close but I still love the game. From the size of the maps to the emphasis on vehicles to the gun play model. If you really compare the gunplay model of BF2142 to BC2 its a joke. BC2 is a great game but a sequel to BF2/2142 is entirely different. A continuation and enhancment of the gameplay and balance of Bf2142 is what I want to see from a BF3. Although BF2 had some better maps overall.

2142 gameplay > BF2

BC2 is different but great in its own way.

I never gave 2142 much of a chance. I played it for a few weeks and just couldn't get into it like I easily did with 1942, Vietnam and BF2.

And yes, BC2 is amazing. It can be more appreciated the less you try and compare it to BF2 I've learned. It simply isn't the same experience, and wasn't mean to be. After 160 hours with it though, I'm having a blast and don't expect to let up any time soon.

belvedere said:
It's hard not to sound PC elitist when hoping for a true BF3, but I completely agree.

I love me some BC2, but I really, really hope we can see a large-scale, fully realized BF3 designed for the BF2 audience (PC gamers).

Yeah. I miss the days when glorious PC games had to be awkwardly downgraded to fit the consoles, not the other way around.

Cynar

Nabs said:
has the lag been an issue for a while, or just after the latest patch?

For a while, there are some good times but the bad times mostly outweigh them for me lag wise. EA's servers are just crap compared to what the demo had.

Fersis

subversus said:
wtf is rubberbanding?

played on PC today, had tons of fun. Right people in your squad = win. It's a shame that I don't have time anymore to team up with my friends :(
Lag.

When you see your character warping all over the map.
(Its a a result of the delta interpolation between two sets of coordinates when network packages are lost)

The Faceless Master said:
i hope they release BF3 only on PC and BC3 only on consoles so we can all go our separate ways...
Agreed.
Only BFBC3 for me then.

Spl1nter

belvedere said:
And yes, BC2 is amazing. It can be more appreciated the less you try and compare it to BF2 I've learned. It simply isn't the same experience, and wasn't mean to be. After 160 hours with it though, I'm having a blast and don't expect to let up any time soon.

Exactly this.

2142 was a more balanced BF2. It removed the dolphin diving and prone spamming. The infantry gameplay was a lot better overall. BF2 infantry battles were retarded with all the grenade spam and prone spam.

EVIL

The Faceless Master said:
i hope they release BF3 only on PC and BC3 only on consoles so we can all go our separate ways...
that would be great, BC2 is definatly more sreamlined for the console market. I can't wait for the E3, hopefully we will see some BF3 action!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Lots of lulz incoming if BF3 goes multiplat :D

I hated BF2 and 2142. Too tedious for me. But Bad Company 1 was my first Battlefield game, so I'm not a target audience.

1stStrike

Banned
It was after the latest patch that the lag really became noticeable. Up till then we all played regularly on a nightly basis and I don't really recall any lag complaints from anyone.

It's hit or miss. Sometimes it's fine, but then you start to get a little bit of lag and next thing you know it's degraded to complete shit and everyone is rage quitting.

TheSeks

I still can't C4 anyone on Panama Canal. I fail at laying C4 and waiting things out to get kills. *sigh*

I rather have my mines and assault rifles over C4. :/

1stStrike said:
It was after the latest patch that the lag really became noticeable. Up till then we all played regularly on a nightly basis and I don't really recall any lag complaints from anyone.

It's hit or miss. Sometimes it's fine, but then you start to get a little bit of lag and next thing you know it's degraded to complete shit and everyone is rage quitting.

So weird. I can't remember the last time I got rubber-banding on the PC, but it was pretty bad at launch. Seems like the opposite for consoles...I'm sure they'll get it fixed soon.

1stStrike

Banned
TheSeks said:
I still can't C4 anyone on Panama Canal. I fail at laying C4 and waiting things out to get kills. *sigh*

You're doing it wrong. I have like 7 gold stars with C4. It's too easy. You can jump throw it and use it like a grenade or (this is the easiest) run around panama canal and atacama desert and just sneak up to every occupied enemy vehicle, toss on 2 c4's and blow it. You get tons of points that way too. I've gotten several ace pins from nothing but C4.

Mr. Snrub: I hope so. I really enjoy this game when it runs right.

Spl1nter said:
Exactly this.

2142 was a more balanced BF2. It removed the dolphin diving and prone spamming. The infantry gameplay was a lot better overall. BF2 infantry battles were retarded with all the grenade spam and prone spam.

2142 did fix a lot off stuff with BF2 but it was still miles behind BF2 as a fun game. I remember our clan anticipating 2142 like it was crack and it was my first ever pre order for a video game. 1 week after launch everyone is back playing BF2 including me and BF2142 just sat there on the shelf. I want back to it months after and there was actually dust on the case, I installed it and played Titan mode since if I wanted to play Conquest I'd play the better BF2. I actually found rather great balance that way, I would play with my clan on BF2 then put in a a couple of rounds on Titan mode in BF2142.

Eventually I didn't put nearly half the hours in 2142 that I've put in BF2 but at least I felt I got my monies worth.

On another note I would really love for Battlefield 3 to be PC exclusive with big battles and big maps (not the weak 3 flag conquest matches in BC2) with everything in BF2 and then some but I'm realistic and I know there is way too much money in the console market just to ignore it. I would also wouldn't mind that they skip the whole destruction gimmick since BC2 only has 2 square building models that they copy/paste all over the map.

TheThunder said:
On another note I would really love for Battlefield 3 to be PC exclusive with big battles and big maps (not the weak 3 flag conquest matches in BC2) with everything in BF2 and then some but I'm realistic and I know there is way too much money in the console market just to ignore it. I would also wouldn't mind that they skip the whole destruction gimmick since BC2 only has 2 square building models that they copy/paste all over the map.

DICE has been great to PC players with BC2. I can only imagine that we'd be treated to a higher player count BF3, which would hopefully mean we also have access to the larger-scaled maps (similar to how they scaled maps in BF2). Don't see that as unreasonable.

Spl1nter

TheSeks said:

Well I dont lay the c4 and wait. The space inbetween A and B is great because tanks have a hard time getting you and you can just throw your c4 on the tank without them noticing. Also its really easy to get any vehicles when they try to cap the points. On C you can go to the roof and throw it down and you can toss it from D the same way.

Snrub if you want to play anytime just send me a message on steam.

Mr. Snrub said:
DICE has been great to PC players with BC2. I can only imagine that we'd be treated to a higher player count BF3, which would hopefully mean we also have access to the larger-scaled maps (similar to how they scaled maps in BF2). Don't see that as unreasonable.
I could still see them cutting features that were standard in the previous (PC) games just to achieve total parity between PC, Xbox and playstation.

I'm hoping for the best but expecting a console designed game ported to PC with a higher player count.

Spl1nter

TheThunder said:
I could still see them cutting features that were standard in the previous (PC) games just to achieve total parity between PC, Xbox and playstation.

I'm hoping for the best but expecting a console designed game ported to PC with a higher player count.

I really wish we had a battle recorder because there are so many amazing moments I would love to capture but FRAPS kill my framerate for whatever reason if I try to record. Also recording footage constantly would be a bitch with all the space the avi files take up.

VOIP working would be nice also

TheSeks

Oh, that was hilarious.

C4 a Quad/ATV/4-wheeler, whatever you want to call it.

Rush toward RU spawn after we sped cap all the flags on Laguna Alta (or whatever the bridge Conquest map one is).

Two ATV's coming at me.

Bail out.

They start to merge into into a V (like the two top tips of the V merging to the bottom to come at me)

TheSeks <C4> SpawnCamp1
TheSeks <C4> SpawnCamp2
TheSeks <C4> SpawnCamp3
SpawnCamp1 DEATH TheSeks

The explosion made one of their quads sommersault right into me, causing a DEATH. I laughed for five minutes at that. I kinda wish the game has a video record feature for somethings like that. :lol

Fersis

Thats a Battlefield moment tm.
I was having a kickass SDM and the game froze.

No_Style

So the lag is still happening hmm? I could go tolerate that or play some CivIV or Heavy Rain.

Decisions, decisions.

Fersis said:
Thats a Battlefield moment tm.
I was having a kickass SDM and the game froze.

This happened to me twice since the server side patch. It was pretty much flawless prior to that.

TheSeks

C4 not detonating is pissing me off.

DURP YOU MAGICALLY THROW OUT MORE C4 ON YOUR DETONATE BUTTON DESPITE USING ALL YOUR C4. LOLOLOLOL ENJOY YOUR DEATH WHEN YOU WANT TO BLOW SOMEONE UP AND THEY FIRE ON YOU.

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom