• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried to play a game figured maybe it's better now, nope still lagging, rubberbanding and ofcourse the reload glitch. I'm not gonna make another post about I'll just let it be. What I'm gonna do (actually already did) is take the game out shelf it and lurk this thread until someone says they finally fixed the servers.

So DICE if you are reading this (hahaha yeah right) it's on PS3, North America East cost.

I have tried to play by myself because no one on my list was playing it, holy shit this game is irritating as hell when 90% of your team are snipers. Only you and your squad mate are trying to blow up the M-Com stations. And it also doesn't help when the game is lagging like a bitch.

Shnookums

Rapping Granny said:
I have tried to play by myself because no one on my list was playing it, holy shit this game is irritating as hell when 90% of your team are snipers. Only you and your squad mate are trying to blow up the M-Com stations. And it also doesn't help when the game is lagging like a bitch.

Last night two snipers on my squad were still sniping from the previous spawn after we had moved forward and were trying to take the next set of mcoms. Nothing like not realizing this and spawning on them. Uggh. Why are people so interested in sniping?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TheSeks said:
C4 not detonating is pissing me off.

DURP YOU MAGICALLY THROW OUT MORE C4 ON YOUR DETONATE BUTTON DESPITE USING ALL YOUR C4. LOLOLOLOL ENJOY YOUR DEATH WHEN YOU WANT TO BLOW SOMEONE UP AND THEY FIRE ON YOU.

Ugh.

How about the suicides when dealing with C4? At times, I rush into an empty house, quickly tossing C4 around, jump out while the last C4 is still in the air and... BOOM > SUICIDE > EPIC FAIL. (No, pretty sure nobody fired at my C4s in the cases I experienced)

Are we ever getting the cutting-in&out sound fixed anyway?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheThunder said:
Just tried to play a game figured maybe it's better now, nope still lagging, rubberbanding and ofcourse the reload glitch. I'm not gonna make another post about I'll just let it be. What I'm gonna do (actually already did) is take the game out shelf it and lurk this thread until someone says they finally fixed the servers.

So DICE if you are reading this (hahaha yeah right) it's on PS3, North America East cost.
The DICE folks DO lurk this thread.

I never I thought I would be making one of these posts but I just went 35-11 on squad deathmatch. I had 2 other teammates their scores were 9 and 6. It was a mix of UMP goodness, judicious use of the vehicle radar, and the hatred to want to blow me up. Glorious. I think the game has finally clicked.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheThunder said:
Well let's hope something good comes out of it.
Their main feedback source should be the EA BFBC2 Forums though.
And yes THEY know about the lag issue.

somnific

The Faceless Master said:
dunno what's up in PS3-land, no lag on 360 earlier this afternoon...

i was playing exclusively with the T88, SVU and VSS... VSS is boss, T88/SVU suck!

yeah, i'm digging the VSS. i miss the BC1 SVU :/

For the first month I had very few network problems (PSN, Comcast cable, Chicago), but the last couple of weeks I've seen a ton more lag and a lot of games where people dropping out don't get replaced by new folks. Anyone else experiencing this/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Finally. Took all day, but 100 C4 kills.

This leaves:

167/200 knives
91/100 Mines
481/500 vehicles destroyed

For all the emblems besides the bugged "All Weapon Bronze"/"All Bronze Star" ones.

Ugh. Done playing for now. The lag is really bad and it's making my shots not register, pissing me off. Fix this shit, EA/DICE.

Edit: If DICE fixes the bugged M1/1943 weapon stars/stats glitch and finally gives all the emblems, they should add a "I AM BAD COMPANY... TOO!" trophy, at least this time around SHIT IS FUCKING EASIER/NOT-INSANE/GLITCHED like BC1's. (BTW: DICE, you should give that trophy to BC1 owners, along with Squad Spawns, both of those suck. The 10K2 kills and rank ups and be first in a round are easy/time consuming to get, meanwhile)

Treo360

TheSeks said:
C4 not detonating is pissing me off.

DURP YOU MAGICALLY THROW OUT MORE C4 ON YOUR DETONATE BUTTON DESPITE USING ALL YOUR C4. LOLOLOLOL ENJOY YOUR DEATH WHEN YOU WANT TO BLOW SOMEONE UP AND THEY FIRE ON YOU.

Ugh.

OMG this! Or the Magically detonating C4 when you're all alone and no one shoots it. Or how about when you want to throw a grenade and instead you, aim? WTF???

Oh and that lag. You know, when you're behind someone and you empty a full clip of your M1911 and your Saiga and nothing happens?

RAGE!!!!

1stStrike

Banned
Well, this is fucking terrific. 6 gaffers on and no lag tonight and my fucking modem dies. No power.

Looks like I pissed off so many people they jihad C4'd my modem.

*shakes his fist*

I'll be back, fuckers.

tjohn86

1stStrike said:
Well, this is fucking terrific. 6 gaffers on and no lag tonight and my fucking modem dies. No power.

Looks like I pissed off so many people they jihad C4'd my modem.

*shakes his fist*

I'll be back, fuckers.

How did you post this?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
TheThunder said:
I could still see them cutting features that were standard in the previous (PC) games just to achieve total parity between PC, Xbox and playstation.

I'm hoping for the best but expecting a console designed game ported to PC with a higher player count.

They said that player count is mostly a bandwidth problem. Destruction eats a lot of it.

tjohn86 said:
How did you post this?

911NN.jpg

:lol

TheSeks said:
Finally. Took all day, but 100 C4 kills.

This leaves:

167/200 knives
91/100 Mines
481/500 vehicles destroyed

For all the emblems besides the bugged "All Weapon Bronze"/"All Bronze Star" ones.

Ugh. Done playing for now. The lag is really bad and it's making my shots not register, pissing me off. Fix this shit, EA/DICE.

Edit: If DICE fixes the bugged M1/1943 weapon stars/stats glitch and finally gives all the emblems, they should add a "I AM BAD COMPANY... TOO!" trophy, at least this time around SHIT IS FUCKING EASIER/NOT-INSANE/GLITCHED like BC1's. (BTW: DICE, you should give that trophy to BC1 owners, along with Squad Spawns, both of those suck. The 10K2 kills and rank ups and be first in a round are easy/time consuming to get, meanwhile)

Don't get worked up so much over lag. I had a lvl 9 teabag my ass when lag made all my bullets not register from point blank range with the M16.

I just laugh it off now and try to return the favor next time. :D

Lag is pretty horrible (playing on the PS3 in Euroland), and tracing helos on Atacama Desert is almost impossible now.

I'm sure all the apache whores are loving it right now. :lol

Absolutely horribly stacked games tonight. Either I was getting put on the team who can't take a single mcom (not because they're wookies, it was basically pros vs joes) or the team that was steam rolling which is boring as shit.

Game's going to shit fast without a team scramble option for servers. Saved a lot of grief on TF2 at least.

Mr Sandman said:
Absolutely horribly stacked games tonight. Either I was getting put on the team who can't take a single mcom (not because they're wookies, it was basically pros vs joes) or the team that was steam rolling which is boring as shit.

Game's going to shit fast without a team scramble option for servers. Saved a lot of grief on TF2 at least.

This. This right here is the only thing that can make me rage. I'm the only high rank (40) player on my team full of 10s or 20s.

The other team consists of lvl 30s or 40s and sometimes a lvl 50 thrown in the mix for laughs.

I try to do my best but we get steamrolled anyways. When that happens, these low lvl players "quit" playing, go wookie and disregard capping flags.

In a sense I can't blame them. Might as well get some headshots in before the inevitable loss.

Ubersnug

Am I the only one who seems to be experiencing a dramatic change in the dynamics in the gameplay since the tweak patch last week?

Since the patch I seem to have just become shit at the game.

The number of times I've unloaded my G3 Into someone using controlled bursts, they return fire with one or two shots and kill me outright. You then see the loadout of the player who killed you ad their health is 100% at the time of your death. No fucking way!

Buildings no longer seem to fall down after placing C4 on the usual spots. Had a BIG fucking issue with this last night on port valdez as defender on the first set of M-Coms. Attacker sneaks into the roof of the builiding behind M-Com A. So I place 5 sticks of C4 in all the usual places to bring the building down. After the blast, the building stays standing. Annoyed, I tool up again and try again with whatever wall was standing. The building is still upright with no walls. By this point I wasn't even caring about killing the guy as he had probably buggered off by this point. All that was left of the bottom floor was the staircase and 2 thin struts. So I laced them all with C4. STILL THE BUILDING DEFIES ME. Tried one more time and the building still refuses to budge. I gave up in disgust.

Then there are issue where I run up behind tanks, lace them with C4 push the trigger of the remote and no blast... WTF man!!!!!

Plus the number of times I am dying at the same time as the person I am shooting has increased as well.

I used to be fairly decent at the game but feel, since the patch, that i'm not much of a threat to anyone anymore.

My usual kit configuration is:

Assault- G3, C4, pistol/tracer, mangum, extra C4, alt Weapon. - used to be my best class but since the patch I can hardly kill shit with te G3.

Is anyone else experiencing this level of frustration with Bad Company 2 since the patch?

This is on the Xbox btw.

leng jai

Ubersnug said:
Am I the only one who seems to be experiencing a dramatic change in the dynamics in the gameplay since the tweak patch last week?

Since the patch I seem to have just become shit at the game.

The number of times I've unloaded my G3 Into someone using controlled bursts, they return fire with one or two shots and kill me outright. You then see the loadout of the player who killed you ad their health is 100% at the time of your death. No fucking way!

Buildings no longer seem to fall down after placing C4 on the usual spots. Had a BIG fucking issue with this last night on port valdez as defender on the first set of M-Coms. Attacker sneaks into the roof of the builiding behind M-Com A. So I place 5 sticks of C4 in all the usual places to bring the building down. After the blast, the building stays standing. Annoyed, I tool up again and try again with whatever wall was standing. The building is still upright with no walls. By this point I wasn't even caring about killing the guy as he had probably buggered off by this point. All that was left of the bottom floor was the staircase and 2 thin struts. So I laced them all with C4. STILL THE BUILDING DEFIES ME. Tried one more time and the building still refuses to budge. I gave up in disgust.

Then there are issue where I run up behind tanks, lace them with C4 push the trigger of the remote and no blast... WTF man!!!!!

Plus the number of times I am dying at the same time as the person I am shooting has increased as well.

I used to be fairly decent at the game but feel, since the patch, that i'm not much of a threat to anyone anymore.

My usual kit configuration is:

Assault- G3, C4, pistol/tracer, mangum, extra C4, alt Weapon. - used to be my best class but since the patch I can hardly kill shit with te G3.

Is anyone else experiencing this level of frustration with Bad Company 2 since the patch?

This is on the Xbox btw.

Exact same experiences here, except I've been using the SCAR. Takes me an eternity for me to kill anyone with it now,if they even die at all. Almost every single kill takes the whole clip or I have to finish them off with my sidearm. My KD pre patch was usually around 1.5 to 2.5, now I can barely get a 1:1 ratio. Its ridiculous, especially when SMGs got buffed..

Ubersnug said:
most of that sounds like lag issues.

i was just playing with the G3, got to Gold Star 2 with it, didn't notice much of a difference post-patch.

i haven't noticed any difference in C4 and 2 floor houses, i still take them down with 4 C4's.

1stStrike

Banned
tjohn86 said:
How did you post this?

Blackberry's are a wonderful device. I actually have no computer atm (my desktop is being shipped and I lost the charge cable for my laptop...) so all of my posts in the last few days have been from my blackberry :|

I'm dedicated to gaf.

big_z

Fersis said:
Their main feedback source should be the EA BFBC2 Forums though.
And yes THEY know about the lag issue.

if they know about it then it seems like they are ignoring it. they've commented on other issues but lag has been a problem for a long time yet they say nothing.

1stStrike

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
ooh, 360 update is out, achievements unlocked!

no, the fence isn't fixed.

1.02 is out on ps3 too. I'm installing it now.

Edit: all the specat kits are still "coming soon" and I don't see any other changes. Wth did I just install then :|

Fersis

Onslaught details.
The map looks like Nelson Bay. (During day)
The update must be the same update the Euro folks got last week. (Skins)

EDIT: According to the BFBC2 forums looks like theres a new patch (360)

1stStrike

Banned
I'd like to apologize in advance. I'm at 59/100 mortar strike kills so I'm going to be playing sniper wookie until I max it out. I'm sure many people will hate me before I'm through :|

Along with what Fersis posted: http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=162574

Don't know how old, this is but...the M14...

bc2-m14scope_sm.jpg

Mr Sandman said:

Damn, when'd you play? Me, Spl1nter, and some of my friends were on from around 8:00-9:30 PM CST.

It was actually pretty strange. Me, Spl1nter, and two of my friends were in a squad, and for a few rounds we actually steam rolled the other teams...but then as players dropped and added...the dynamic changed. We were defending on Isla Inocentes when it first started...attackers suddenly got smart and started just blitzing the little island and our team suddenly got scatterbrained. We tightened it up and held fast on the second set of MCOMs, but as attackers, we got to the last set but I think they were only armed twice--they held us back so well we didn't even get off the hill for the most part.

And next, defending Arica Harbor...we were getting steamrolled. I ALMOST rage-quit (Spl1nter can attest to this, ahha), but we got it together and held them at the second to last set.

It would be nice if one good squad could carry a team, but it just doesn't happen. Can't remember how many times I asked my friends, "Are we the only squad that's trying for the objectives?"

BTW Spl1nter, because VOIP is screwed, we use a vent channel. I'll see if I can get you the info.

leng jai said:
Exact same experiences here, except I've been using the SCAR. Takes me an eternity for me to kill anyone with it now,if they even die at all. Almost every single kill takes the whole clip or I have to finish them off with my sidearm. My KD pre patch was usually around 1.5 to 2.5, now I can barely get a 1:1 ratio. Its ridiculous, especially when SMGs got buffed..

Bwahaha! Welcome to life without the 25% buff.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
We were defending on Isla Inocentes when it first started...attackers suddenly got smart and started just blitzing the little island and our team suddenly got scatterbrained.

Blasphemy we were an impenetrable wall. My Shotgun and AT4 rained fire upon the enemy.

Made up for the last round on Laguna Presa. I always do horrible on that map :/

Mr. Snrub said:
And next, defending Arica Harbor...we were getting steamrolled. I ALMOST rage-quit (Spl1nter can attest to this, ahha), but we got it together and held them at the second to last set.

Craziest turn around ever. From losing the first 3 sets of mcoms almost instantly and then the first on the 4th set we were able to hold them off somehow. There was a clear turn around when you sacrificed yourself for the mcom. We then pushed them back on the right side to across the river.

Mr. Snrub said:
BTW Spl1nter, because VOIP is screwed, we use a vent channel. I'll see if I can get you the info.

That would cool

Mr. Snrub said:
Bwahaha! Welcome to life without the 25% buff.
Not if you use the GOL. 5 kills sometimes 6 with each clip :D

kurisu74

Banned
Fersis said:
Lag.

When you see your character warping all over the map.
(Its a a result of the delta interpolation between two sets of coordinates when network packages are lost)

I always called lag, lag.

Rubberbanding is when in a racing game, the cars in front of you slow down when you're behind, and go faster when they're behind.

keyrat

I just wanted to say I got my first platinum star, with the 870 Combat Shotgun. If you play hardcore on PS3 you may have felt the wrath that it brings.

Fersis

kurisu74 said:

Rubberbanding is when in a racing game, the cars in front of you slow down when you're behind, and go faster when they're behind.
Yup i know, thats also called rubber banding.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
kurisu74 said:

I normally consider lag based rubberbanding as when you move and then stop, your character is 'dragged' back a few feet, as though you have a rubber band that is resisting movement.

Fersis

Bazajaytee said:
The M1 fix is coming in a bigger update for both consoles later. This thread is about what was updated today.
Awesome.
EDIT: Oh yeah the new update fixes the skin related trophies/achievements and pins.

1stStrike

Banned
31 more mortar strikes to go...

And I've actually had a few good games "snipering" :p

Shot the pilot in a blackhawk with my M95, came in first on port valdez and no scoped a few people.

Have I been useful to my team? Ehh... debatable. I can't wait to get this shit out of the way.

todahawk

@Fersis & Mr. Snub: Большое спасибо!

figured i use thanks in Russian because of BC2's enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom