• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheSeks said:
I can give you four right now. PM me. I don't need them since I don't own the 360 version.

Or, you can spoof the prize URL's and get them yourself for free. Faceless posted a method.

Either/or.

Yeah, spotting is really wonky these past two weeks. I've clearly seen dudes and seen them in range of "spot" and yet the game won't let me mark them for others as they run past my view. WTF, DICE?

Oh my god PM'ed.

todahawk

The_Inquisitor said:
Ok, I am going to hunt down 4 EA Dr. Peppers today. Any suggestions on where to look? I may be screwed because of the Iron Man promotion. :(

You're on 360 I take it? I'm on PS3 and don't have need of my caps & codes any longer.

edit: Looks like Seks is taking care of Inquisitor, any one else need Dr. Pepper codes?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
greenjerk said:
You're on 360 I take it? I'm on PS3 and don't have need of my caps & codes any longer.

TODA IS LAAAAAAAATE, like USUALLLLLL. :(

Already gave him codes.

any one else need Dr. Pepper codes?

They could simply do the spoof trick, but eh...

I've still got about 8 codes that are unused. Willing to give four each to two people. *shrug*

Edit: Two sets are gone. No more PM's. If there aren't any other spare codes from other people in this thread, I'll repost Faceless' spoofing method for the free Dr. Pepper codes for the 360 stragglers in the US.

TheSeks said:
TODA IS LAAAAAAAATE, like USUALLLLLL. :(

Already gave him codes.

They could simply do the spoof trick, but eh...

I've still got about 8 codes that are unused. Willing to give four each to two people. *shrug*

Edit: Two sets are gone. No more PM's. If there aren't any other spare codes from other people in this thread, I'll repost Faceless' spoofing method for the free Dr. Pepper codes for the 360 stragglers in the US.

This man is cool. Major respect. Just unlocked all 4 kits via website.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=162589

North American BF: Bad Company 2 Playstation 3 players should be able to grab the 1.02 client update. If not now, it should be available later tonight. This update enables the SPECACT kits seen below. The Dr. Pepper promotion codes are only valid for Xbox 360.

Add-on Game Content
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – Specact Assault Kit Upgrade Pack ($1.99)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – Specact Engineer Kit Upgrade Pack ($1.99)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – Specact Medic Kit Upgrade Pack ($1.99)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – Specact Recon Kit Upgrade Pack ($1.99)

Also that boosting thread is gold.

JRW said:
Thanks this looks great I was a little confused because I also bought a new monitor recently so wasn't sure which to blame, but it was definitely the game.

Yeah, it was literally HURTING my eyes, the way it was set up by default. I had even turned off the bloom...now I can play pain free AND with the bloom on.

Az

greenjerk said:
Heh heh, for a second I thought AzRim was posting in the EA boosting thread:

Rabbit_Wants_beer.gif

haha nooo my Avatar..

Great games last night guys, only lost one game. I still believe the M60 is strong as hell after picking up one.

todahawk

The_Inquisitor said:
That just sucks for PS3 owners.

Yeah, I bought 4 20oz bottles for more than a 12 pack of cans. :(

@Seks: i'm forcing myself to get 8 hours of sleep a night for a bit, gaming is suffering as a result :(

@AzRim: no time for gaming right now, see above :(

:( x3

1stStrike

Banned
I'm done snipering. Got my 100 mortar kills and all the recon specac stuff. I'm doing medic now and I must say, I fucking hate the mg3 sa. It's so god damn inaccurate and it jumps way too much. I'm close to capping it and then I'm off to engineer.

I guess they really improved the tracer darts, tonight I fired 8 of them and hit 6 targets, including a UAV and 4 helicopters.

Also tonight I destroyed the first M COM station on Nelson Bay with destruction 2.0 and got three guys. Yay. Then I destroyed the second station with destruction 2.0. And didn't get anyone. And then I destroyed the third station with destruction 2.0. And didn't get anyone. Fucking hell. Plus I couldn't get a fourth M COM station so I missed out on the pin as well.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dear DICE : I want Rush and SDM Panama Canal.
:(

Pete Rock

They still haven't fixed the bug where you can mount a UAV station that is disabled during the base transition. As long as the actual console is not exploded you can sit there for a brief second of opportunity, allowing you to jam the enter vehicle button to hop on it when it otherwise would have respawned at the new base. I do this all the time on Laguna Presa because people love to run all the way back to my UAV station at the first assault position and they seem less willing to do that if it involves a slog across the entire lagoon :D

rainking187 said:
I guess they really improved the tracer darts, tonight I fired 8 of them and hit 6 targets, including a UAV...
Did you then hit it with a Gustav round, just to make sure it was dead? :lol

Fersis said:
Dear DICE : I want Rush and SDM Panama Canal.
:(
Seriously, probably too busy trying to slap together Onslaught for the $10 entry fee rather than taking care of their "vips" though. With the speed at which the alt layouts for Laguna and Arica came out I'd be surprised if they didn't have more of them done already.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I mean, they have all these 'VIP' map packs already on the disc, why do they take so long to enable them?

It would be nice to have the VIP Map Pack 3 this weekend.

Mr. Snrub said:
I'm not buying that they're already on the disc. Aren't the maps rearranged/assets changes, at least slightly?
yes, they are changed an rearragned slightly, most notably Arica Harbor Rush, it haqs several rock formations to 'protect' the UAV station area and a lowered spot on the cliff on the US side that you can jump to that you can't in Rush.

they're already on the disk, we don't download anything, they just show up in the menu as available when they are 'released'.

Fersis

Mr. Snrub said:
I'm not buying that they're already on the disc. Aren't the maps rearranged/assets changes, at least slightly?
Wut?

VIP Map Packs #1 & #2 were already in the disc.

todahawk

Fersis said:
Wut?

VIP Map Packs #1 & #2 were already in the disc.

Unless he bought the game used and had to buy a VIP code? Confused as well.

The new Onslaught mode is the only know paid DLC at this point (BTW- Nelson Bay during the day looked awesome!)

somnific

greenjerk said:

edit: Looks like Seks is taking care of Inquisitor, any one else need Dr. Pepper codes?

hey greenjerk, do you still have those dr. pepper codes? the 7-11 codes don't work anymore and we didn't get that promotion in canada i don't think, and i'd love to get the dlc. my appreciation either way!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm pissed about this PS3 Dr.P situation... I'm considering giving this game to a friend who was going to buy it.

- 1 sale.

I don't even care about the DLC really... it's stupid shit. But it was advertised and I went out of my way to buy the product for that reason. That pisses me off. Combine that with the annoying fucking lag every time I've tried to play the last few days and I'm getting pretty fed up.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Pete Rock said:
They still haven't fixed the bug where you can mount a UAV station that is disabled during the base transition.

Is it immediately when the base transition occurs or later when the UAV actually appears? On PC the UAV takes a bit of time to show up on the next base. If it's the latter most players are far too lazy to wait around that long when the UAV is so easily destroyed by enemies who are aware. On the other hand I have been in the UAV so long in some games that I received the 10 seconds to death message when I exited the controls :p

recklessmind said:
I'm pissed about this PS3 Dr.P situation... I'm considering giving this game to a friend who was going to buy it.

- 1 sale.

I don't even care about the DLC really... it's stupid shit. But it was advertised and I went out of my way to buy the product for that reason. That pisses me off. Combine that with the annoying fucking lag every time I've tried to play the last few days and I'm getting pretty fed up.

I'd have to think it's Sony's or Dr. Pepper's decision...after all, 360 could use the promotion.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Either way it's horseshit. Just fix the fucking lag and I'll get over it.

but I'll never buy another Dr. Pepper again in my entire life, I swear.

Pete Rock

Shai-Tan said:
Is it immediately when the base transition occurs or later when the UAV actually appears? On PC the UAV takes a bit of time to show up on the next base. If it's the latter most players are far too lazy to wait around that long when the UAV is so easily destroyed by enemies who are aware. On the other hand I have been in the UAV so long in some games that I received the 10 seconds to death message when I exited the controls :p
It's technically later when the UAV station would pop along with vehicles at the new front line base, sorry for the sloppy wording. Right as it would be spawning forward, the old one reactivates for a single second before exploding, enough time to hook into it. The important thing is this does not happen if it's already exploded.

It's true that for most people it's not worth it to wait around, but if I am playing by myself and just jumped into a losing game, I tend to have more fun and be more productive UAV spotting than anything. In that context there is nothing more frustrating than getting shanked/sniped off the actual console when all you're trying to do is help spot people for your front line squads. This never happens to me if I'm 3 bases back from the front line, but it happens every time without fail if I am on a shitty team at the forward UAV station, because they can't even be trusted to secure something in their own respawn, even incidentally.

I know what you are talking about with the out of bounds area at the first station as well, I believe that's on Nelson Bay - for whatever reason the active area shrinks up after the first two houses and you have about 9 seconds to book it for safety after the UAV gets fucked up. Which makes no sense, because on Laguna/Valdez and other maps the initial attacker spawn opens up for the defenders so they can drive a stolen quad up there and stab you and/or repair their Apache... DICE makes weird decisions, I guess. I distinctly remember because I went 15/0 with the UAV that game and had a 4K score, and it would have been my only death :lol

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
The game feels like work lately. At least on PC. Too many good players with an-94 = one shot kills. It feels like Counter Strike now, which I despise. Or may be I'm too old for this shit

/installing TF2

Shai-Tan

Banned
I know what you are talking about with the out of bounds area at the first station as well, I believe that's on Nelson Bay

It also happens on Laguna Presa. I was on the first island for most of the game spamming smoke on m-coms.

Shai-Tan

Banned
subversus said:
The game feels like work lately. At least on PC. Too many good players with an-94 = one shot kills. It feels like Counter Strike now, which I despise. Or may be I'm too old for this shit

/installing TF2

My K/D was pretty bad in the beginning. use cover, wait for your squad to spawn on you, learn the maps. The good players are exploiting the common paths of other players

Dyno

Well, I've joined the officer club and I need less than 1000 points to unlock each of the classes final weapons. (I progressed in all classes fairly evenly.) Basically three or four more games and then it's all done. I'm not the type to hunt after every pin and emblem so after tonight I'll take a good long break unless the odd urge hits me again. I'll wait a while and see what DLC comes around.

Great game though, the best online console shooter there is! Great value for the money too. Next time DICE just needs to drop single player and focus on more online modes.

subversus said:

/installing TF2

No...buffing the AN94 was one of the stupidest ideas for the last patch. Nerf it and the assault rifles are a nice solid group.

Also: dude, I'm trying to resurrect PC BC2 GAF. Spl1nter and I play a few times a week, Sandman joins too (when the friends list is working :-\). Add me:

Steam: anton_sugar
EA: Anton Sugar

subversus

Shai-Tan said:
My K/D was pretty bad in the beginning. use cover, wait for your squad to spawn on you, learn the maps. The good players are exploiting the common paths of other players

No, I know all this stuff, I can do it, but I'm pretty lazy for it. I want to just run around and have fun. It's not possible on PC anymore, it is SERIOUS BUSINESS now. If i want to shoot some stuff today with my shotgun and the game doesn't let me do it because this map isn't for shotgun so I have to change a class and choose another weapon it starts to feel like work this moment. Never had such problem on consoles with BC1. PC is too fast and too precise. As I say - siriuz bizness.

subversus

Mr. Snrub said:
No...buffing the AN94 was one of the stupidest ideas for the last patch. Nerf it and the assault rifles are a nice solid group.

Also: dude, I'm trying to resurrect PC BC2 GAF. Spl1nter and I play a few times a week, Sandman joins too (when the friends list is working :-\). Add me:

Steam: anton_sugar
EA: Anton Sugar

I have unistalled BC2 in order to install TF2 but if I reinstall it some day I'll add you :)

Wow, so I just figured out that when you have a tracer dart on a helicopter, you have to aim at the little square in order for it to hit. =/

Anyways, I finally made it to Officer and have only the Assault and Medic kits to get the final weapons on. Hopefully I can do that by the end of the week. Gonna take a break for awhile since I'll be out of town next week.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy shit. SPECACT is worth it.

Ilsa Innocentes (or whatever the lighthouse rush map is) is the first map where I have ran out of ammo with the sniper rifle (and can't be assed to blow my cover with the M1911) AND HAVE A TANK PASS FIVE FEET TO THE LEFT OF ME. (Letting me C4 it and blow it when it got into it's base).

Had like... 16 killstreak going before I died and changed classes.

24 kills
16 deaths.

Not bad. No wonder my KDR has been plummeting. You can't see these bitches when they're on the right map. :lol

I only have the M16 (ugh) and the last medic gun (forgetting the name, double ugh) to five kill streak. Then it's just a matter of slogging up 100 kills for each "kit" (I assume it means just the outfit?) to get the emblems for SPECACTS.

subversus said:

/installing TF2

Not really noticing a problem on PC, I get killed far more from stupid one shot snipers

Hank The Tank

Neo Member
TheSeks said:

Ilsa Innocentes (or whatever the lighthouse rush map is) is the first map where I have ran out of ammo with the sniper rifle (and can't be assed to blow my cover with the M1911) AND HAVE A TANK PASS FIVE FEET TO THE LEFT OF ME. (Letting me C4 is and blow it when it got into it's base).

24 kills
16 deaths.

Not bad. No wonder my KDR has been plummeting. You can't see these bitches when they're on the right map. :lol

I only have the M16 (ugh) and the last medic gun (forgetting the name, double ugh) to five kill streak. Then it's just a matter of slogging up 100 kills for each "kit" (I assume it means just the outfit?) to get the emblems for SPECACTS.

Nah, you don't have to use the outfit but you do have to use the specact weapon.

subversus

btw I want to congratulate my former PSN friend liveween (sold my system again recently, will have to buy it again someday :lol ) on getting into top 100 PS3 worldwide. At least my friend told me that he was there for some time, it seems some people have outranked him, but still his stats aren't too shabby - http://bfbcs.com/stats_ps3/liveween. I remember how we accidentally started playing BC1 together two years ago. The game had some VOIP issues, so we had to chat on Skype. Good times! Never thought he'd made it this far. If he reads it, it's zverozyab here, may be we'll play some day again.

TheSeks said:

Ilsa Innocentes (or whatever the lighthouse rush map is) is the first map where I have ran out of ammo with the sniper rifle (and can't be assed to blow my cover with the M1911) AND HAVE A TANK PASS FIVE FEET TO THE LEFT OF ME. (Letting me C4 it and blow it when it got into it's base).

24 kills
16 deaths.

no, it's 100 kills with the gun, not the outfit.

subversus said:
btw I want to congratulate my former PSN friend liveween (sold my system again recently, will have to buy it again someday :lol ) on getting into top 100 PS3 worldwide. At least my friend told me that he was there for some time, it seems some people have outranked him, but still his stats aren't too shabby - http://bfbcs.com/stats_ps3/liveween. I remember how we accidentally started playing BC1 together two years ago. The game had some VOIP issues, so we had to chat on Skype. Good times! Never thought he'd made it this far. If he reads it, it's zverozyab here, may be we'll play some day again.

Code:
Time: 215h 57m 50s
Kills:  20 109

AH-64 Apache  	air  	68h 19m 35s  	10 744  	4  	110 823  	0.45 d/s
MI-28 Havoc 	air 	23h 59m 03s 	3 705 	1 	59 855 	0.69 d/s

In a round, kill 5 enemies with air vehicles. Score: +100 * 2622x awarded

72% of kills from Apache/Havoc from 42% of total playtime in Apache/Havoc.

congratulations to your friend for being an Atacama Desert chopper whore!

subversus

The Faceless Master said:
Code:
congratulations to your friend for being an Atacama Desert chopper whore![/QUOTE]

Well, not sure if it is a bad thing that he's good with a chopper :D

subversus said:
Well, not sure if it is a bad thing that he's good with a chopper :D
it's not that he's good with the chopper, it's that he constantly plays Atacama Desert to boost his score. he has to constantly quit when the map changes and pick Atacama again to have 42% of his playtime be in those helis, since Atacama is the only Conquest map with them. the majority of his playtime is in Conquest mode since he has 1014 games played as of that last update and 734 conquest wins.

but hey, at least he didn't set up dummy accounts to kill!

Mr. Snrub said:
Yeah, I was about to say...dude has an 8 k/d ratio. Then I realized he's on god-chopper consoles :D
god-chopper mode is over, that uber-tracer and the buff AA both bring them down quick.

subversus

it's not that he's good with the chopper, it's that he constantly plays Atacama Desert to boost his score. he has to constantly quit when the map changes and pick Atacama again to have 42% of his playtime be in those helis, since Atacama is the only Conquest map with them. the majority of his playtime is in Conquest mode since he has 1014 games played as of that last update and 734 conquest wins.

Well, may be, I don't know how he plays now, but I don't remeber him playing this way in BC1. He'd been playing Rush almost exclusively at some point and certailny wasn't that big about choppers.

Also stats can lie by the way. At least they lied for BFBC1.

subversus said:
Well, may be, I don't know how he plays now, but I don't remeber him playing this way in BC1. He'd been playing Rush almost exclusively at some point and certailny wasn't that big about choppers.

Also stats can lie by the way. At least they lied for BFBC1.
it's not really stats that lie, it's the way they're collected and analyzed that can make them lie.

i'm sure your friend had fun with 100 hours of Atacama Desert, he can play like that if he wants, it's not like he's cheating.

subversus

it's not really stats that lie, it's the way they're collected and analyzed that can make them lie.

No, I mean they lied about weapons you use. I've never been a big recon player but still it shows it like my most used class with 1298 kills which is ridiculous - I've killed 300 people at best with my recon kit.

I've checked my BC2 stats now and they're lying about my unlock progress. Seems to get right other things though.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
subversus said:
No, I mean they lied about weapons you use. I've never been a big recon player but still it shows it like my most used class with 1298 kills which is ridiculous - I've killed 300 people at best with my recon kit.

I've checked my BC2 stats now and they're lying about my unlock progress. Seems to get right other things though.
The stats are pretty accurate for BFBC2, you have to make sure they are completely up to date though, both websites I use require a significant wait prior to getting up to date stats.

1stStrike

Banned
Well, I've now finished all the specact kit trophies except for assault. I'll say this; engineer and assault are by far the best.

I struggled with recon, medic was a pain in the ass, but then I went engineer.

Jesus fuck. I have a renewed love for the ump-45 now.

I'm 66 kills from finishing assault off. The m-16 seems better. I've had no problem picking people off long distance and I've been wrecking everyone. My k/d ratio actually went up to 0.81 today :O

However, be warned. Yee ol lag is back. Been back for about an hour and it's bad. I was just sticking with it because for once I had a good team and we were winning.

Do I think specact was worth it? Yes and no. It doesn't really give you a whole lot and the camo is useless in some maps, but there are some situations where the camo is ridiculous. Like was mentioned above, I've been blending into shit better and people are definitely having a hard time seeing me.

Also, random funny moment today on arica harbor. I jump in the water to swim to the other side and then a guy on the other team jumps in the water and we proceed to back stroke and try to flank one another to get to land first :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom