• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

torontoml

Ya I found the lag really bad today, I find its especially bad when on Atacama desert, found it impossible to tag the choppers, and even more so to hit them with a tank shell.

Question about the tracer, what is the range at which it becomes impossible to lock on to your target?

Spl1nter

This whole week it feels like I have been on the worst teams ever. I just played a round of Arica Harbour Rush. I came in as we lost the 2nd series of mcoms. I ended up first on the team, second on the server by 70 points. We won with just the last mcom on the map. I disarmed it twice and was killing everyone. There were 12 tickets left and they had just armed it. I killed 2 guys on my way towards it and then took out my CG and got a triple kill to end the round before it blew up. Such a bad team, it seems like a new wave of people started playing the game on pc.

The CG needs another nerf on pc. instead of nerfing the CG they should make the explosives perk not give a 25% boost to rockets when used against infantry. Hopefully BF3 doesnt have any of this nonsense. AT was perfectly fine in 1942/bf2/bf2142/1943/BC1, but they had to go the COD route

Overall in fact class balance is fucked in this game compared to the past battlefields. The engi class is way to powerful anti-infantry. Once again 2142 nailed a pretty good balance. Somehow this turned kind of into a rant.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The_Inquisitor said:
Ok GAF 360 crew assemble tonight. Got some more achievements to unlock.
How about you all invite me to your friends list...and I go on the other team. I yearn for more dog tags.

Well it was fun for a month and a half, but I feel like it's time for me to get rid of the game and move on to LP2/Nier/FFXIII:lol I'm also probably get Red Dead soon.

IceMarker

Hey DICE, are PC players still your main focus on BC2? I feel like 1) the new mode won't ever show up on PC even though it easily could and 2) those Dr. Pepper bottles I bought months back now seem useless.

Wthermans

Banned
MrMister said:
Hey DICE, are PC players still your main focus on BC2? I feel like 1) the new mode won't ever show up on PC even though it easily could and 2) those Dr. Pepper bottles I bought months back now seem useless.
DICE will claim that they still intend to fully support the PC platform and that 1) the new mode is not possible on PC without having a reduction in the number of Conquest/Rush servers currently running and 2) yes they are useless but you can thank EA for completely screwing up the promotion as DICE had nothing to do with it other than their artists changing the hue of the current skins (although I wouldn't be surprised if the DP content was a concept skin that made it's way to the DLC).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
MG3 sucks so much.

SMH for getting a five kill streak with this shitty gun.

Ugh. Had to camp in Laguna Presa Rush to get this pin, NEVER AGAIN. Fuck this shitty gun. I'll get the 100 kills for it and forget it ever existed. Ugh.

Now to get the M16 5 killstreak pin for assault specact and then grind the weapons.

Just played a couple of games.

The first game was perfect connection wise but our team was total shit, the other team capped all the flags and spawn trapped us in our main base. It was so bad that our top player had only 700+ points while the top player on the other team had 2500+, so after the game was finished I quit and joined a new server. Now here where it went downhill with all sorts of lag and crap. It seems to me that the game wants to put you in a server as soon as possible when you are searching for one whether the server is in the US, Europe or Zanzibar.

It's really a shame that DICE haven't fixed this yet even with the new patch but I guess "new skinz for mah gunz" is more important.

TheSeks

I haven't ran into too much lag today. Granted, I've been out and about nearly all day compared to the usual so... :lol

TheSeks

The_Inquisitor said:
How the fuck do I get the "Won them all" achievement. I have won multiple matches in all 3 game types.

Uh... there's four.

Squad Rush?

TheSeks

Whoo~ Only two more knives. Now if only I could get those easily... *sigh*

TheSeks said:
MG3 sucks so much.

SMH for getting a five kill streak with this shitty gun.

Ugh. Had to camp in Laguna Presa Rush to get this pin, NEVER AGAIN. Fuck this shitty gun. I'll get the 100 kills for it and forget it ever existed. Ugh.

Now to get the M16 5 killstreak pin for assault specact and then grind the weapons.
I love the MG3 SA. I take it with red dot and magnum ammo and go to town on them. Plus the sound it makes is a thing of beauty :D

Post-balancing though I find the SMG's are the ones that seem to have suffered the most, mainly due to the damage reduction and their small magazine size. The UMP was my favourite engineer weapon pre-balancing but now I find myself having to switch to my pistol to finish off enemies quite regularly.

Also I didn't realise the 100 kill insignias were for the SA weapons, I assumed it was just while wearing the SA kits. So I guess I have to use a sniper rifle again... I'd hoped that was behind me. :(

Footos22

Great games last night guys,
Well apart from when we didnt have the rest of the team halfway up the map and we were the only ones doing anything.

Oh yeah and sorry for collapsing B on you all on port nelson :lol
really should of warned you lol

1stStrike

Banned
Yea lol. The fact that you're about to blow a building up that I'm in is some vital info I could use :p

I had two really good games yesterday with the m16 sa. I've already gotten two gold stars on it. Went 32/16 in one match and 23/9 in the other on valparisio. That game was hilarious. I was in their spawn on the first set of mcoms just picking them off and they kept running for the mcom ignoring me. It was finally a lvl 7 that got me lol.

Oh, and for those of you doing the recon specact... I recommend just putting a red dot on the m95 or no scoping people at close range. That's where I got the majority of my kills.

And that pos mg3 sa, just go on nelson bay or arica harbor and sneak up behind the enemy team to get your 5 kill streak. I waited until they armed the mcom and just picked people off with the 4x scope.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sorry guys, couldn't play last night... CRAZY LAG!

Damn you EA! Damn you and your servers!

1stStrike

Banned
Fersis said:
Sorry guys, couldn't play last night... CRAZY LAG!

Damn you EA! Damn you and your servers!

It's hit or miss. I wasn't lagging at all last night. Me and Jtrizzy were playing this morning and he was lagging but I wasn't. I dunno.

We played this one annoying match defending on arica harbor where the enemy team didn't go anywhere without their tank. It took foreevverrr and they were all guarding it and not even arming mcoms, just straight up blowing them up.

Sure, it's a good tactic, but it made the game drag on. I died a lot trying to take out the tank too.

We did beat them on last stand though. I think I need to take a break from bc2 soon. My nerd rage is getting worse :|

vixlar

De4th Strike said:
Great games last night guys,
Well apart from when we didnt have the rest of the team halfway up the map and we were the only ones doing anything.

Oh yeah and sorry for collapsing B on you all on port nelson :lol
really should of warned you lol

Hahaha, it was fun actually... I didn't expect that...

I don't know if you were with us defending Arica Harbor... that was EPIC... I think you were...

leng jai

Had a few lag free games today and only just started to get used to the post patch gameplay. Sadly the SMGs are pretty much pea shooters from mid to long range, but the CG still seems as good as ever. I forgot how amazing this game is when you're not lagging like a bitch and actually doing well. Got three best player badges in a row today, feels good man.

I having issues since the last path with the SPEC AC weapons.

Bullets don't hit targets at close range. I'm firing from the hip and aimed down and the M16 and the UMP45 sometimes jsut don't his targets. No hit marker, no blood, no hit animation on the enemy nothing.

I thought it was lag, but there were no other evidence of lag in the match. It seems that the weapons, for some reasons, just don't hit targets.

I wasted a couple of clip and died for no reason a couple of time. No big deal. But still. Anyone experienced this ? Or is it just lag ?

PS3 btw

I'll probably be on later tonight. We were absolutely kicking ass last night on the 360.

I also got my pistol achievement in ONE round of squad rush. The other team was SO bad. I believe I still prefer the 1911 after killing 5 times with each pistol.

1stStrike

Banned
UnluckyKate said:

Bullets don't hit targets at close range. I'm firing from the hip and aimed down and the M16 and the UMP45 sometimes jsut don't his targets. No hit marker, no blood, no hit animation on the enemy nothing.

I thought it was lag, but there were no other evidence of lag in the match. It seems that the weapons, for some reasons, just don't hit targets.

I wasted a couple of clip and died for no reason a couple of time. No big deal. But still. Anyone experienced this ? Or is it just lag ?

PS3 btw

I just went 17 - 9 using the specact m16. No problems here.

Footos22

vixlar said:

I don't know if you were with us defending Arica Harbor... that was EPIC... I think you were...

Yeah I was there, our squad were the only ones doing anything, :(
i love taking the last B mcom on port valdez. strike dropped me off by blackhawk, parachuted down, stab some shmuk in the top of the head grenade down the hatch 2 kills. drop down 3 more ump kills then i got overwhelmed felt like rambo.

we just c4 the shit out of it in the end

vixlar said:

Man last night was fun. I have to help a family member after work, but I will be one for sure tonight.

Also I am starting to get addicted to achievements. :lol :lol I need to get my "Et tu brute" achievement and helicopter splat achievements.

If there is a GAFer on my friendslist who would like to do it tonight, we can. I think I only need 2 more kills, but I don't mind getting knifed 5 times. Tag is TheInquistor as always.

Cornbread78

a couple of buddies and I got put in a server with you guys and a bunch of random "smurfs" (other blue guys) that were running around like morons and getting killed non-stop. It wasn't even right, I like playing on the GAF team, not against it, LOL.... Let's just say my team left the server right after the round.... LOL

methane47

Soo i bought the game a couple weeks back... but i've been SOooo enamoured with Just Cause 2

ANYWAYS loaded up the game last night... skipped Single player.. jumped into multi!!

Mann... i didn't lose much of my skill i dont think (luckily the map was the same as the Beta)
I pumped out something like 11 killsss mostly as recon!! lol (yeah i know you hate me) Got a 7 head shots badge... Awesome :) all as Attacker

Then in my defense round i ran as everything except recon... And managed to lose the match and still end up top player in the game lol.. with something like 3000 points :)

Sooo two matches played last night... 35(?) kills 25(?) deaths!! not bad for my first time playing in MONTHS

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Game Analyst said:
When are new maps coming? Does anyone know?
Nope.

No info about that or the VIP Map packs for that matter.

UnluckyKate said:

Bullets don't hit targets at close range.
I'm firing from the hip and aimed down and the M16 and the UMP45 sometimes jsut don't his targets. No hit marker, no blood, no hit animation on the enemy nothing.

PS3 btw
Thats lag.

TheSeks

Got my knives. Leaving the SPECACT kit kills for all Emblems now.

If only DICE would fix the stupid M1 bug so I have all bronze stars. *SIIIIGH*

1stStrike

Banned
Cornbread78 said:
a couple of buddies and I got put in a server with you guys and a bunch of random "smurfs" (other blue guys) that were running around like morons and getting killed non-stop. It wasn't even right, I like playing on the GAF team, not against it, LOL.... Let's just say my team left the server right after the round.... LOL

lol I think I was there for that. I remember seeing you on another team at point and was like "wth is cornbread doing over there?" :p

Oh guys, I just got my first platinum.

The winner is... Heavy vehicles lol.

I'm also up to 8 gold stars with C4 now.

Wthermans said:
DICE will claim that they still intend to fully support the PC platform and that 1) the new mode is not possible on PC without having a reduction in the number of Conquest/Rush servers currently running and 2) yes they are useless but you can thank EA for completely screwing up the promotion as DICE had nothing to do with it other than their artists changing the hue of the current skins (although I wouldn't be surprised if the DP content was a concept skin that made it's way to the DLC).

Pretty sure the DLC is coming with the next patch...but it's Thursday and hope is fading for it to be released this week.

Of all the things to complain about, however, DICE's PC support is not one of them.

BattleMonkey said:
I have nothing but lag free games. Oh yea, PC version
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Ass!

TheSeks

dorkimoe said:
did they ever implement the webpage stats yet?

On Bad Company 2.com? Yeah, but it's WEEKS late.

bfbc2s.com or that other site are much better at being up-to-date.

Cornbread78

1stStrike said:
lol I think I was there for that. I remember seeing you on another team at point and was like "wth is cornbread doing over there?" :p

Oh guys, I just got my first platinum.

The winner is... Heavy vehicles lol.

I'm also up to 8 gold stars with C4 now.

We blew up each others tanks, LOL... You killed mine, then I respawned into another one and got you from the side. Fun times..... Maybe I'll actually be able to get on your team this weekend, LOL.

1stStrike

Banned
Cornbread78 said:
We blew up each others tanks, LOL... You killed mine, then I respawned into another one and got you from the side. Fun times..... Maybe I'll actually be able to get on your team this weekend, LOL.

lol I don't remember that. You'll get to play with me if you actually accept my invite. A lot of douchebags here never pay attention to their messages and then 20 mins later complain the server is full :p

Cornbread78

1stStrike said:
lol I don't remember that. You'll get to play with me if you actually accept my invite. A lot of douchebags here never pay attention to their messages and then 20 mins later complain the server is full :p

Ouch, not my fault. I usually try to finish the game i'm in first. Next time, I'll just have to run over....

Nizz

Had a question I was wondering someone could answer. First off, as lame as this sounds, I won't get this game till at least July (birthday :D) due to tough times. But I noticed Walmart still had limited edition copies of BC2 in stock.

Let's say those limited edition copies are still in stock in two months, would it be worth picking up that version? Or it doesn't make a difference and I should just get the regular edition?

Would there be any benefits for picking up the limited over the regular edition at this point? PS3 version, by the way...

Fersis

purple cobra said:
Had a question I was wondering someone could answer. First off, as lame as this sounds, I won't get this game till at least July (birthday :D) due to tough times. But I noticed Walmart still had limited edition copies of BC2 in stock.

Let's say those limited edition copies are still in stock in two months, would it be worth picking up that version? Or it doesn't make a difference and I should just get the regular edition?

Would there be any benefits for picking up the limited over the regular edition at this point? PS3 version, by the way...
I think that the Limited Edition and the Regular Edition have the same price.
The Limited Edition has some vehicle specialization unlocked right out of the box.

purple cobra said:

it's worth it just to have vehicle alt-fire from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom