• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Lead Farmer said:
I saw that the new uniforms and guns skins are on the PS store. Does that mean the DrPepper codes will work now???

No. 360 only. Not yours. Must buy.

Yes, it's stupid and unfair, yell at EA/Dr. Pepper/Sony/Dice/whoever.

TheSeks said:
Wow, just played against the ranked #1 player on PSN.

What does he do? Chopper Whore on Atacama and he isn't even that good. Once he's on the ground he's easy to be raped.

Get some skills, idiot instead of playing Atacama 24/7.

Most people aren't overall good players and need to pick and choose what they do in order to boost their score. Like the racing guys who only pick one car and one track then brag about how good they are. I care not of your skill unless you are the best around and nothing ever brings you down.

Back in the day I got so good at Mortal Kombat II in the arcades that I would let my opponent pick the person I was going to fight with and still kick their ass.

elrechazao said:
I go UAV with the optics and do this, but if you want to know why people don't spot, it's because the spot from the UAV wears off after like 3 seconds, even if you still have the enemy in your sights. They nerfed the shit out of it making it completely frustrating. I still do almost nothing but spot and fire my hellfire when it's on cooldown, but damn it's ridiculous how bad they nerfed the spotting with the UAV.

Which is crazy because it's the entire point of the UAV. But spotting in general is pretty buggy. I spot constantly but say that only 70% of them actually get spotted.

TheSeks said:
No. 360 only. Not yours. Must buy.

Yes, it's stupid and unfair, yell at EA/Dr. Pepper/Sony/Dice/whoever.

Speaking of the new DLC can whomever gets it let us know if the Trophies work for it?

Wthermans

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
it helps when you're a medic, so you have a huge clip at your disposal.
This. Plus get on the mounted MGs. You really need at least 2-3 people firing at the UAV though (just like the chopper pre-tracer buff). I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been nerfed. Given DICE's statements and actions regarding Jihad Jeeps, it's shocking they would allow a tactic that is so effective on certain sections of the map.

Then again, if you look at some of the BF2 nerfs, it's not that surprising. :lol

Tkawsome said:
Damn. I wish "aim better" was an option, with the bullet arch and their ability to dodge, hitting those things is a real pain. I hope Dice fixes it at some point, I'm cool with the tactic, but at least kill the UAV in the process of detonating the mines or not allow the combo to destroy the Mcom in one trip.
Are you on PC or console? From my tests, you can't kill a MCOM in one trip using only Assault C4 + Pilot (even with the increased explosive damage and increased explosive count). It takes it to roughly 50% health, but requires another C4 bomber or a second trip to completely take it out.

Wthermans said:
This. Plus get on the mounted MGs. You really need at least 2-3 people firing at the UAV though (just like the chopper pre-tracer buff). I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been nerfed. Given DICE's statements and actions regarding Jihad Jeeps, it's shocking they would allow a tactic that is so effective on certain sections of the map.

Then again, if you look at some of the BF2 nerfs, it's not that surprising. :lol

Are you on PC or console? From my tests, you can't kill a MCOM in one trip using only Assault C4 + Pilot (even with the increased explosive damage and increased explosive count). It takes it to roughly 50% health, but requires another C4 bomber or a second trip to completely take it out.
right, you need 3 people to UAV Bomb a crate in 1 trip, 1 UAV pilot and 2 people planting C4.

TheSeks

OldJadedGamer said:
Most people aren't overall good players and need to pick and choose what they do in order to boost their score. Like the racing guys who only pick one car and one track then brag about how good they are. I care not of your skill unless you are the best around and nothing ever brings you down.

Well, it's someone similar in name. InViNcIbLe_RaW is the first on the PSN leaderboards, I checked. This dude is NeFaRiOuS_RaW. Either same clan, alt. account. Either way, he sucked when he wasn't in the helicopter. :lol

Speaking of the new DLC can whomever gets it let us know if the Trophies work for it?

Guess I'll let you know tomorrow unless TTP can tell you.

Faceless said:
i blame MS.

someone has to blame them, amirite?

I blame Linux. After all if it wasn't for GeoHot cracking the hypervisor, we'd have free suits. ;) ;)

Wthermans said:

PS3. I didn't see how they were setting it up but it looks like faceless has an explanation. All I saw was the thing taking out my crates in one hit, and it happened a lot during that match.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TheSeks said:
Guess I'll let you know tomorrow unless TTP can tell you.

Yep. They work. You need to get 2 Pins and 1 Insignia per class IIRC. We are talking the new "+" classes right?

TheSeks

TTP said:
Yep. They work. You need to get 2 Pins and 1 Insignia per class IIRC. We are talking the new "+" classes right?

Yes. And I can't see the emblem or pins until I buy the DLC. Fun!

1stStrike

Banned
Good games tonight guys. I think we only lost 1 match. And in the last one we beat them with only 5 people when they had 9.

I'm 16 kills away from capping mortar strike and I need to get my 5 kill streak with the dlc sniper rifle still. I think I need just over 50 more kills for it too.

Then I'm never using the m95 or mortars ever again.

I pretty much got my ass handed to me all night because of this :|

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
TheSeks said:
Well, it's someone similar in name. InViNcIbLe_RaW is the first on the PSN leaderboards, I checked.
I played against InViNcIbLe_RaW weeks ago (I also posted about it here in the thread.)
He dominated the map we were on, and it wasn't Atacama desert.

I would assume when he was on the ground he wanted to die, because he wanted to get into the helicopter again. I only played against him once for 2 maps but he was the best player I ever faced in the game.

Edit: My post from March

Was just in a match where we didn't have a full team and still kicked butt. I managed to set the first M-Com and randomly threw a grenade downstairs and killed a dude. His body flew upstairs lol. Wish I could have recorded that.

1stStrike

Banned
TheThunder said:
So how is the lag in PSN land after the patch ? is it safe to come out yet ?

I played for 4 or 5 hours straight tonight and experienced no lag, so pretty good so far. I doubt this patch had anything to do with it though.

1stStrike said:
Good games tonight guys. I think we only lost 1 match. And in the last one we beat them with only 5 people when they had 9.

I'm 16 kills away from capping mortar strike and I need to get my 5 kill streak with the dlc sniper rifle still. I think I need just over 50 more kills for it too.

Then I'm never using the m95 or mortars ever again.

I pretty much got my ass handed to me all night because of this :|
yeah i packed in all my SPECACT usage before the nerf, back when the M95 was AWESOME!

No_Style

Map: Port Valdez
Mode: Rush (as attackers)

The Story:
I was in the UAV trying to take out the Blackhawk helicopter by ramming into it. I managed to hit it twice, but the guy still managed to keep it in the air. By now the guy noticed me and was trying to get up really high, so I followed. I elevated as high as I could, spun around and saw him right beside me so I fired the UAV's Hellfire missile and held my reticle over the Blackhawk.

A few seconds later, the Blackhawk tore apart with an explosion and the double kill message popped up. An air-to-air UAV kill with the Hellfire missile!

My Reaction: Ecstatic! :lol

Best UAV kill ever. Didn't think the missile would have hit when fired horizontally.

1stStrike said:
I played for 4 or 5 hours straight tonight and experienced no lag, so pretty good so far. I doubt this patch had anything to do with it though.
Thanks for replaying.

I'm gonna try to play a couple of games tonight and see how it goes :D

TheSeks

yeah i packed in all my SPECACT usage before the nerf, back when the M95 was AWESOME!

What nerf? M60 and M95 are still abused by everyone and their mom. :/ Even more so with stupid fucking Magnum Ammo.

Shnookums

Got a chance to play the 360 version tonight after playing only the PC version since launch. I was surprised at how framey it is (thought it would be smoother, although I adapted after a couple rounds), and I really struggled with the spotting button. It's much easier to spot mid-altercation on the PC with the default config. Not saying that is good or bad either way, but I was surprised at how it impacted my play.

Otherwise I was really impressed with the general presentation on the console. Very polished and well tailored.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I ground out most of mine today. Had the Engineer done and about 20-30 in each of the others. It felt good going back to my AN94. G3 and M16 weren't bad, but the M95 was brutal to me till I got in a game and put up 60+ kills for it in two games.

2 more Ace pins to break 100

JRW

Mr. Snrub said:
Yeah. Best settings:

Brightness=0.350000
Contrast=0.400000

35 and 40, respectively.

Thanks this looks great I was a little confused because I also bought a new monitor recently so wasn't sure which to blame, but it was definitely the game.

TheSeks said:
What nerf? M60 and M95 are still abused by everyone and their mom. :/ Even more so with stupid fucking Magnum Ammo.
bah, who cares if the M95 was 'abused' before? it had the lowest DPS! high risk pulling that trigger, even if you had an M1911 sidearm as backup. anyone using it now, unless they're just doing it for gold/plat stars, they're wasting their time. nowadays, there is no reason NOT to use the SV98, 10 shots without reloading, same damage scale as the other bolt action rifles.

the M60 was ridiculous before, but it's in line with other medic guns now, so i couldn't care less if people still whore it in the misguided idea that it's still overpowered. let them have cake. it's walmart cake.

the M24 was always the most popular sniper rifle anyway, the only time the M95 was really popular was when the SPECACT stuff dropped and every level 5 dude was running around with their brand new Dr. Pepper M95 SPECACT and green camo in the snow.

TheSeks

bah, who cares if the M95 was 'abused' before? it had the lowest DPS! high risk pulling that trigger, even if you had an M1911 sidearm as backup.

The hell you going about, Faceless? Explain.

the M24 was always the most popular sniper rifle anyway, the only time the M95 was really popular was when the SPECACT stuff dropped and every level 5 dude was running around with their brand new Dr. Pepper M95 SPECACT and green camo in the snow.

I dunno about that. For a while it was the GOL Sniper Magnum (which I'm a fan of), and lately I've seen nothing BUT M95 (non SA) as my sniper deaths. I don't know what they "nerfed" but it seems to be a placebo (same for the M60, IMO) as it hasn't changed usage of either.

Edit: I really can't care about either of them. The thing that has been pissing me off today is the fact that Magnum Ammo is abused by nearly everyone now that the 25% damage buff is gone on consoles. Makes playing a "proper Medic" (Range/Healing Rate ++) harder to do now as generally even if you have the jump on someone they kill you first because of stupid fucking Magnum Ammo.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Is it me or pump-action shotguns are completely useless on PC? Due to extra precision most people fight on long distances. And I'd love to have some shotgun action. You can have plenty of it on consoles but on PC it's really meh.

TheSeks said:
The hell you going about, Faceless? Explain.
it did the most damage, but also had the slowest reload speed, so if you didn't kill, well, you have a whole lot longer to wait. the one benefit was it did damage to choppers. now, with the tracer buff, choppers get raped in no time anyway, it does the same damage as the other guns in it's class, still has the slowest reload , what's the point to picking it?

I dunno about that. For a while it was the GOL Sniper Magnum (which I'm a fan of), and lately I've seen nothing BUT M95 (non SA) as my sniper deaths. I don't know what they "nerfed" but it seems to be a placebo (same for the M60, IMO) as it hasn't changed usage of either.

Edit: I really can't care about either of them. The thing that has been pissing me off today is the fact that Magnum Ammo is abused by nearly everyone now that the 25% damage buff is gone on consoles. Makes playing a "proper Medic" (Range/Healing Rate ++) harder to do now as generally even if you have the jump on someone they kill you first because of stupid fucking Magnum Ammo.
i haven't really noticed a bump in magnum ammo. one thing i've noticed lately is people using the lightweight more. what's up with that?

Good times guys. At the end I was embarrassing those spawn killer guys with my shotgun. Man those things got really really powerful after the patch.

We left the game after you guys left.

yeeah, SPECACT aka SA aka Special Activities.

the DLC soldier skins and gun skins with achievements/trophies.
Oh just skins then.

I was worried that DICE was gonna lame it out and introduce DLC guns and perks and break the multiplayer.

Cynar

shintoki said:
How about you just get better. :lol

I understand the no FF bullshit. But being honest, a single sniper shot kills the UAV...and it is an easy ass target :lol If you are letting cars and players get close with C4 or mines. Only have yourself to blame. Either a better team or you know...adjusting your own play style to accommodate for that works wonders.

Being a good player you know it's easy as hell to fly a UAV armed with C4 to an objective and have a friend detonate it. I do it when people are cheap and do it to me, takes the fun out of the game for me but revenge is revenge. :p

Just leave long range missiles, destructable buildings, and tanks and we're good. C4 and mines (mines especially since they stay upon death) is just rediculous.

Played the single best match I've had the pleasure of experiencing thusfar tonight. Not gonna go into fine detail, but suffice it to say, our squad was good, and the other team was pretty sick.

To give you an idea of how the game went: I had 2500 points and finished 6th on my team; guy in 10th place on the other team had 2100. That kind of game.

We lost, but save for the third MCOM set, at which we were steamrolled, every moment of the game was epic. We came within 5 tickets of winning at one point, and IIRC we lost the match with them having about 18 tickets left. If I had to guess, match was a good hour long.

1stStrike

Banned
Faceless, we should play together sometime so I can kill you 17,000 times. My stats need it bro :p

Speaking of stats, I haven't posted mine in a while. My w/l is actually 0.80. I made it out of the 0.70's, woo! lol

My defense w/l ratio is almost even now. I'm finally catching up.

I notice there were no bitching about lag when I was playing today. Hopefully it stays that way.

Keep using the AN-94 and your K/D ratio will keep going up. My favorite weapon since the beta.

1stStrike

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
I notice there were no bitching about lag when I was playing today. Hopefully it stays that way.

Keep using the AN-94 and your K/D ratio will keep going up. My favorite weapon since the beta.

Yea soon as I'm done snipering. I'm awake now and I don't think I'm gonna get back to sleep any time soon (still stuck on korean time) so I might go play with some randoms in conquest and just mortar everything that moves.

And, I didn't experience any lag. Would be real nice if it was fixed. Time shall tell.

Also, the AN-94 is a great gun, but sometimes I feel it's TOO great as it's clearly superior to the other assault rifles. The M-16 feels weaker now too (too weak tbh).

I'm just glad my w/l ratio is improving. I'd like to get over a 2.0 on that eventually.

Though, I wonder what the next game is for me. I hear a new Socom is due out this year.

I got about 1600 kills with the M16 and I don't really like it. Got to shoot correctly or the shots will scatter more and more. Maybe I'll play with it tomorrow and I'll compare my performance with it. Sure as hell can't top my performance with the AN94 I bet you.

My AN94 self would beat the shit out of my M16 self.

Oh man i should restart playing again :E

ps3_Noisepurge.png

GTA:Episodes, then AssCreed2 and on friday comes Red Dead :p too many games!

TheSeks

it did the most damage, but also had the slowest reload speed, so if you didn't kill, well, you have a whole lot longer to wait. the one benefit was it did damage to choppers. now, with the tracer buff, choppers get raped in no time anyway, it does the same damage as the other guns in it's class, still has the slowest reload , what's the point to picking it?

Oh, I see. Probably because it takes a bit to bullet drop. It seems (at least in my futzing about with it) that it doesn't drop at mid-long range sooner than any other gun. Take pipe-line near Objective A second set Port Valadez to the construction site of First set. M95 doesn't drop while the GOL starts to (at least it did for me?).

That or they like the sound of the gun and "ZOMG IT'S NEARLY LIKE THE BARRETT OF CoD4 LOLZ"

i haven't really noticed a bump in magnum ammo. one thing i've noticed lately is people using the lightweight more. what's up with that?

I haven't seen Lightweight, but Magnum Ammo is used by everyone and their mom besides me. It pisses me off as I know I can kill the dude but they do more damage. *siiigh*

Edit: Strike: Be glad a mod wasn't around when you made your post and that me and that other dude were here to catch you.

todahawk

:lol :lol :lol

i'm only on page 3 and i'm dying of laughter!
:lol :lol :lol

Priceless!
Here's a summary....

Boosting Dipshit said:
i have a 6.63 19,982 kills 3012 deaths

Sherlock said:
If you don't boost why do you have 155 dogtags from this player?
And 154 dogtags from this player?

Boosting Dipshit said:
thats my boys play wit all time

Sherlock said:
Ha, one of them has 4 kills

Racer30

TheSeks said:
Wow, just played against the ranked #1 player on PSN.

What does he do? Chopper Whore on Atacama and he isn't even that good. Once he's on the ground he's easy to be raped.

Get some skills, idiot instead of playing Atacama 24/7.

Says who, you? Thats like saying a surgeon is no good because he is no car mechanic! If he owns you in that chopper, getting more points than you, he is the winner on that map, thats how it goes. Just because you are a good all-rounder doesnt mean thats the only way to go! Would much rather be very good at one thing, than descent in everything. Thats what get you somewhere, in life, and in this game. (obviously since he is #1 player on PSN)

subversus said:
Is it me or pump-action shotguns are completely useless on PC? Due to extra precision most people fight on long distances. And I'd love to have some shotgun action. You can have plenty of it on consoles but on PC it's really meh.

Pump shotguns still work good but you got to use them only when your going to be in close to the enemy, in many maps the shotguns are useless especially on PC. Slug ammo helps though as it is pretty freaking powerful and accurate.

Pete Rock

elrechazao said:
They nerfed the shit out of it making it completely frustrating. I still do almost nothing but spot and fire my hellfire when it's on cooldown, but damn it's ridiculous how bad they nerfed the spotting with the UAV.
Noticed this last night, whenever I run UAV outside a squad I always equip Optics as well. They used to stay pinged for so long that the autosweep wouldn't even need to pick them up again before you manually spotted another pack. I clearly remember multiple games where I got over 3000 vehicle score with it, mainly from +20 spot assists with only 600 of those points being from directed missile kills. If you swept the reticle just right you could have 8+ people spotted at one time, assuming they were milling around in little pockets of defense as usual. Played two rounds last night and barely got up to 1500 :\

The rest of the changes seem ok but the lag is still nasty for me and something about the matchmaking has gone out the window once I hit rank 30. Probably one game out of ten I will be able to enjoy myself, and even in a squad of 4 between levels 20-30 there are multiple games that aren't even worth playing because the teams are stacked with two squads of level 49-50 guys who basically love nothing more than to spawn camp defenders.

TheSeks

The_Inquisitor said:
Ok, I am going to hunt down 4 EA Dr. Peppers today. Any suggestions on where to look? I may be screwed because of the Iron Man promotion. :(

I can give you four right now. PM me. I don't need them since I don't own the 360 version.

Or, you can spoof the prize URL's and get them yourself for free. Faceless posted a method.

Either/or.

Pete Rock said:
>>Spotting<<

Yeah, spotting is really wonky these past two weeks. I've clearly seen dudes and seen them in range of "spot" and yet the game won't let me mark them for others as they run past my view. WTF, DICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom