• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spl1nter

The Faceless Master said:
it's worth it just to have vehicle alt-fire from the start.

Wrecked it on Atacama last night because of the alt-fire for the tank. Just mowing down engi's with the coax. The coax seems more accurate and therefore faster to kill with then the 50cal lol. APCs with alt-fire are a huge threat to tanks.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fersis said:
I think that the Limited Edition and the Regular Edition have the same price.
The Limited Edition has some vehicle specialization unlocked right out of the box.

And the tracer.

And...

After getting to level 16 playing Conquest solely, I played Rush with a mate today and got to the brink of level 19 :lol

All I can say is WOW your XP goes up like nothing. I'm getting 3000-5000 a game playing as a medic (I've just unlocked the M60 after playing 10+ matches, before anyone goes there). I think I just love saving lives! I feel like the roadie at a rock concert who has to run on stage and put the mic up right again - just got to keep the show going! :lol

Spl1nter

MarshMellow96 said:
After getting to level 16 playing Conquest solely, I played Rush with a mate today and got to the brink of level 19 :lol

All I can say is WOW your XP goes up like nothing. I'm getting 3000-5000 a game playing as a medic (I've just unlocked the M60 after playing 10+ matches, before anyone goes there). I think I just love saving lives! I feel like the roadie at a rock concert who has to run on stage and put the mic up right again - just got to keep the show going! :lol

With a SPM of 329 and playing probably 75-85% conquest of the time you do receive more points per game in rush but the rounds are a lot longer. Conquest rounds are much shorter so it seems to equal out pretty well. However I think it is easier to get points relative to skill level in rush then conquest due to the choke point style nature of the mode.

Horrible team week continued last night. However I was able to rally our team from having no bases in conquest the first game to having one the second and then winning in the third. The harder the pressure the better I play. Fending off squads by myself to hold down a point. The team I was on was filled of randoms against a team of 3 different clans with 3-5 members each.... It was funny however when I started quick scoping this once clan that they stopped using the magnum ammo and went to body armour. Didn't help them as I just either got the head shot of went for the quick pistol shot after the quick scope.

Nizz

Thanks for answering Fersis, Faceless Master, The Seks. If they still have copies of the limited edition in stock when I finally get this, I'll jump on that one.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
purple cobra said:
Thanks for answering Fersis, Faceless Master, The Seks. If they still have copies of the limited edition in stock when I finally get this, I'll jump on that one.
PS3 version right?
Awesome, see you in the battlefield then!

Spl1nter

Anyone else here use the M9 pistol as there main pistol? After the last patch it now does 25 damage a shot and it fires extremely fast. Its probably better for use on pc instead of console but I can take out 2 guys with a single clip. I have around 400 kills with the pistol since I started using it a week or two ago.

Stats are so much fun to look at. Almost at 2000 kills with the GOL. I have over 700 kills with the 870 in under 7 hours.

1stStrike said:
Yea, I'm lvl 35 and I need 200,000 points for the next level. It slows down by a lot after you hit lvl 22.

I just stopped looking at it.

1stStrike

Banned
Crak is the one you want to talk to about the M9. He was raving about it last night and fucking people up left and right.

Since the patch I've taken a liking to the M93. It's a lot better now and I've gotten some lucky headshots with it thanks to the full auto.

Nizz

Fersis said:
PS3 version right?
Awesome, see you in the battlefield then!
Oh yeah, when I finally do get the game it would be the PS3 version since that's all I have. :D Just sucks that I'll have to wait a bit. :(

Spl1nter said:
Anyone else here use the M9 pistol as there main pistol? After the last patch it now does 25 damage a shot and it fires extremely fast. Its probably better for use on pc instead of console but I can take out 2 guys with a single clip. I have around 400 kills with the pistol since I started using it a week or two ago.

Stats are so much fun to look at. Almost at 2000 kills with the GOL. I have over 700 kills with the 870 in under 7 hours.

I just stopped looking at it.
i've been using the M9 a bit, it's pretty good now!

1stStrike

Banned
I finally got my defense w/l ratio over 1.0 and my overall 1/l ratio is almost 2.0. It feels good to be winning more and dying less (usually).

Sometimes I feel like I've been getting my ass handed to me all day but my overall ratios actually improve.

Would be nice to catch up on my k/d ratio though. I have like 2k more deaths than kills :(

todahawk

1stStrike said:
I finally got my defense w/l ratio over 1.0 and my overall 1/l ratio is almost 2.0. It feels good to be winning more and dying less (usually).

Sometimes I feel like I've been getting my ass handed to me all day but my overall ratios actually improve.

Would be nice to catch up on my k/d ratio though. I have like 2k more deaths than kills :(

Yeah, i'm still surprised how much higher my attack w/l is over my defense. I consider myself more of a defensive player.

My w/l has been shooting up consistently since playing more regularly with gaffers. k/d was up to .94 but right after the patch it went down to .90. I still tend to go in spurts where i run around like it's MW2 and that tends to get me killed a lot. But I also just play meat shield or sacrifice myself for the mcom arming/defense. I know it doesn't matter but I still like to watch it as a measure of improvement. Fun and w/l are #1 & #2 respectively though :D

ps3_todahawk.png

todahawk

The Faceless Master said:
Conquest skews the stats.

a Conquest win is a Win on Attack, while a Conquest Loss is a Loss on Defense.

The Faceless Master
Fountain of all BF:BC2 Knowledge
(Today, 03:39 PM)
Reply | Quote

Nafai1123

Banned
I wish this game had some sort of clan match abilities. It's awesome playing with fellow GAF but it ends up becoming such a massacre. It's fun when we face another clan that works well as a team. It would be nice if there was a search function for finding those kinds of players.

Nafai1123 said:
I wish this game had some sort of clan match abilities. It's awesome playing with fellow GAF but it ends up becoming such a massacre. It's fun when we face another clan that works well as a team. It would be nice if there was a search function for finding those kinds of players.

Is it not at all possible for us to get a 24 man GAF game going on 360/PS3 at all then? Outside of getting in a squad with friends I am getting tired of playing with and against morons.

Yeah the M9 is a beast now. Have much more room for error then the M1911. I was gunning down 3 people in a row with the same clip as a result.

It's pretty impossible to get 24 on at the same time playing the same game to me.

I'm three levels in to the single player (I have no interest in multiplayer, as much as you guys love it, because I'm far too in love with MW2!) and so far I'm quite enjoying it. I never played the original, but I'm finding the characters extremely likable and the gimmick of blowing everything the fuck up is doing it for me. I love pelting a grenade launcher into a hut full of enemies and seeing it fall around them, or running away from a tank and having all of my save places crumble to the ground.

It seems a little bit... generic? I guess that's the best term for it. There's nothing wrong with that - everything has been fun so far - but nothing has really stood out to me as a great moment. I wasn't expecting it to be anything more than a fun shooter, though, so I'm overlooking that.

I have to say it looks stunning on my PC too. I have everything cranked up as far as possible in 1080p and ... well, I'm glad I resisted buying it for my 360 or PS3 now. :p

Deadlock

Whats up guys. I will be on with a buddy for the next 3-4 hours on XBOX, doing some sweet teamwork. Send me a message or invite! Gamertag: Deadlock 79

I pretty much think all the pistols are good now, been switching 'em up. Fun to get the M39R Burst kills.

Deadlock

I'm three levels in to the single player (I have no interest in multiplayer, as much as you guys love it, because I'm far too in love with MW2!) and so far I'm quite enjoying it.
Dude you gotta at least try it with some people that communicate, just to see how much fun it can be.

Edit: How in the hell do I put the persons name above the quote box? Sorry for the noobness :D

I'm sure it is fun, because I played the beta, but I'm too invested in MW2 at the moment, and probably will be for the next few months still, to even think of starting another game online. :)

Anyway, that was just an explanation in case people replied with "go play mp now!" and I really don't want to start a MW2 vs BC2 thing. :)

Spl1nter

Christmas Crippler said:
Edit: How in the hell do I put the persons name above the quote box? Sorry for the noobness :D

EX:
Christmas Crippler said:
Is it normal if I try to record with fraps at 1920x1080 that my framerate is cut from 60-75 to 30. I am trying to make it record at 50fps.

Nafai1123

Banned
MikeDub said:
Is it not at all possible for us to get a 24 man GAF game going on 360/PS3 at all then? Outside of getting in a squad with friends I am getting tired of playing with and against morons.
Not that I know of. As good as the mp is, the lack of options for setting up games really sucks.

Spl1nter said:
Is it normal if I try to record with fraps at 1920x1080 that my framerate is cut from 60-75 to 30. I am trying to make it record at 50fps.
FRAPS always rapes framerates, especially in an intensive game like this. You'll have to drop settings to get it to record at that framerate.

Ballistictiger said:
There is private match option but good luck getting 24 players playing BFBC2 at the same time.

Surely if we set a date a week or two in advance we can get enough people to play? From all the complaints about randoms in this thread (me included) I would have thought we could easily arrange a GAF playdate.

Spl1nter said:
EX:
Christmas Crippler said:

Yeah, I asked this on the other page and everyone said that FRAPS is great for video, doesn't cut fps, but it definitely does. Is xfire any better or is there as much of a performance hit?

Guys, you want to know an easy way to grind your 100 M95 SPEC AC kills ?

Rush with the 4x Scope and Magnum ammo.

I've grind 70 kills in a couple of hours. And it's so much fun to use. You can rush, you can snipe from medium distance. Plus, if you're fast enough to fire before your enemy when he's way to close than he should: he'll die in one shot and will never understood what happened to him :lol

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Yeah, I asked this on the other page and everyone said that FRAPS is great for video, doesn't cut fps, but it definitely does. Is xfire any better or is there as much of a performance hit?

There is another program called play claw but I havent tested it out yet. I dont know about xfire havent used it since I stopped playing 1942 lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thanks EA second night in a row i cant play due the heavy lag.
Awesome.

Im being sarcastic.

Deadlock

I'm down for the private match on XBOX. I'd even be down for some Squad rush. I have a SR team if anybody is interested in going against us.

Also, anybody know when we are going to get our free downloadable content? That's what it say on my VIP scratch off card.

1stStrike

Banned
It's a little laggy right now for me Fersis, but nothing unmanageable (no rubberbanding). Sorry dude :(

I'm eating atm and then me and crak are gonna join Violator for anyone that's interested.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kudo's to the man that gave the MG36 Rush tip. Got it the same day as the Assault Specact achievement.

Just leaves finishing Engineer and being a Sniper Dick with the M95 for their achievements and then "I AM BAD COMPANY... TOO!" unlocks (whenever DICE gets off their ass and fixes my goddamn M1/Thompson stats. :|)

Az

Had some amazing games today with Strike and some buddies. I don't remember having this much fun since I got the game.

We destroyed some team Arica with about 5 tickets left. We decided that just arming and waiting is not going to cut. So Strike comes up with a plan for us to go arm it, and he would place C4 on the UAV to get the guys that are disarming. So I snuck up, armed the last crate, and my buddy Wes flew the UAV over. I got two guys trying to disarm and died. 5 seconds later as the UAV was waiting iside for the guys, Strike detonates the c4 and gets 3-4 guys running into the building to disarm. We won, good games.

Lag is still an issue.

Sanic

I was probably gonna buy this tomorrow (~12 hrs from now) but it seems there are some lag issues? Should I hold off for awhile?

Treo360

No_Style said:
The lag is pretty damn annoying tonight. Seriously, DICE. What is going on?
Hell yeah it is. I emptied all my Saiga slugs and M9 rounds into someone earlier today and nothing happened immediately. I see the guy just run off into the distance, so as I reload he dies. WTF???

1stStrike

Banned
For those interested, there is a bit of lag on consoles, but it's not constant. Seems to only really happen a few hours a day.

Oh and sorry violator and crak. I meant to join up with ya'll but I fell asleep after I ate lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom