• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Fanboys deserve harsh punishments. They ruin good threads. However, it's probably a week or two. Maybe a month.

Or a year.

Or forever.

Has it been confirmed that the skins are from Dr. Pepper? And do PC players need to do this, or is this some sort of wild and crazy console thing? I haven't kept up with this.

mbmonk

Lostconfused said:
They would have to pay me to buy it somewhere else.

I would ASSume that this isn't Valve's decision. I would imagine they would want to release it as early as possible.

This is actually a weird trend, this happened with another high profile game ( can't remeber off the top of my head.. MW2?). Steam would seem to be the premier download distributor, but instead of getting more power seems like publishers might be hampering the releases on Steam in order to drive customers to other services. I could be completely wrong of course, probably am. :lol

I am not playing until around 6pm EST anyways. I have to work so to me it's no big deal, but I understand why it is to others.

reetva said:
Quick, appoint a new general! Are bans always a permanent affair here, or will we be seeing him return?

I hope we see him return but, he was comparing PC gamers to white supremacists...

On topic: I can't wait to play this game. Like others have said before, I had more fun playing the same map in the demo than I did with all of MW2.

mbmonk

EvaPlusMinus said:
Has it been confirmed that the skins are from Dr. Pepper? And do PC players need to do this, or is this some sort of wild and crazy console thing? I haven't kept up with this.

I don't think it has been confirmed for the PC. But they did a similar promo with Dr. Pepper for BF Heroes, I believe. That game was PC only so it's probably for the PC as well.

mbmonk said:
I would ASSume that this isn't Valve's decision. I would imagine they would want to release it as early as possible.

This is actually a weird trend, this happened with another high profile game ( can't remeber off the top of my head.. MW2?). Steam would seem to be the premier download distributor, but instead of getting more power seems like publishers might be hampering the releases on Steam in order to drive customers to other services. I could be completely wrong of course, probably am. :lol

I am not playing until around 6pm EST anyways. I have to work so to me it's no big deal, but I understand why it is to others.

The downloadable version of Modern Warfare 2 unlocked two days after the official launch date, while those who ordered it through retail was able to activate it at launch on Steam.

EA simply wants people to use their service more, so they can get all of the profits, and they give other DD services incentives before Steam, so that other DD services may grow and EA can a larger percentage of the profits from Valve in the future.

Edit: I seriously doubt that the Steam version of Bad Company 2 will unlock later than the other DD versions, since Valve always unlocks games between noon PST and 1PM PST. In addition to that, the counter has been generally buggy and it will either add or subtract time until the game is released.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
mbmonk said:
Maybe they just want to drive sales to brick and mortar stores which are going "hmm... maybe we're not going to stock as many copies of your game, since everybody is buying them on Steam..."

crimsonheadGCN said:
Valve always unlocks games between noon PST and 1PM PST. In addition to that, the counter has been generally buggy and it will either add or subtract time until the game is released.

The time on the Bad Company 2 purchase page leads to 6pm EST specifically. I get what you're saying though. Hopefully they release it a little earlier.

mbmonk said:
This is actually a weird trend, this happened with another high profile game ( can't remeber off the top of my head.. MW2?).

It happened with Borderlands as well. It was unlocked late.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
The time on the Bad Company 2 purchase page leads to 6pm EST specifically. I get what you're saying though. Hopefully they release it a little earlier.

To be fair, it does say "approximately" :lol

Yeah mass effect was supposed to unlock at 6pm est as well. It unlocked at 2 or 3 i think.

Although this was the deluxe edition, the standard version was supposed to unlock at 3

Tokubetsu

Debating getting it off Gamer's Gate. I save like 9 bucks and can start dl now but with their slow ass EU servers it'll probably take me the full 2 days to download it :lol

Played a few hours of 1943 tonight to start polishing my Battlefield skills in preparation for Bad Company 2 on Tuesday. Have Tuesday off by chance. I'm psyched. Can't wait.

Pennybags

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
So anyone else looking forward to return of the SP campaign?

We'll probably end up playing single player anyways, if the servers are screwed up upon release (as per usual for Battlefield, it seems).

Aesius

Shit. I have $35 in store credit at Gamestop reserved for Red Dead Redemption but I sure as hell might have to exchange it for this.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
huacst21 said:
I hope we see him return but, he was comparing PC gamers to white supremacists...

On topic: I can't wait to play this game. Like others have said before, I had more fun playing the same map in the demo than I did with all of MW2.

Pc gamers are white supremacist??? Lol! He is taking that " Master race " nickname a bit too seriously ;)!

vixlar

Topher said:
Best sounding FPS this gen? I say yes.

The sound is unbelievable... it seems you're there... you hear the explosions, the swearings, the peeeeeeeee, the bullets impacting close to you... AWESOME!!!

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
vixlar said:
The sound is unbelievable... it seems you're there... you hear the explosions, the swearings, the peeeeeeeee, the bullets impacting close to you... AWESOME!!!
Dude, so far I've only experienced it on subpar HDTV speakers, I have a 7.1 surround system I should have set up real soon. It's going to be an experience.

Anksta

I'm still in two minds about getting this. Speaking about on the PC.

I played BF2 heaps on the PC. I'd get this only if I know for sure that the Australian community will be long living on this.

The map of the BETA wasn't really that good. I hated the snow look. Things were too hard to make out. I'm keen in seeing the reviews before I commit.

BTW Steam has a limited edition of the game. What happens after the cutoff date? Is there a standard edition that will be made available?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So GAF, PC or 360? Does either version have a huge upside? I'm leaning towards PC.

xclaw

Ermac said:
So GAF, PC or 360? Does either version have a huge upside? I'm leaning towards PC.

I'd go PC. 32 players and a likelier chance of custom stuff.... I wonder if there would be 64 player server eventually. Personally I'm going PS3 until I can get some better hardware into my pc, then I'll doubledip.

Pennybags

Ermac said:
If you have a good PC, you don't even have to ask yourself that question, unless there are other factors in your decision (like whether or not you have any friends who will be playing online).

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Get it on PC. Just make sure you don't get it off steam though. Unlock time is at 6pm EST.

Seriously 6 pm isn t the end of the world... its the same day atleast! I rather have everything under steam than dealing with a bunch of distribution services, just simpler!

Mully

Shawsie64 said:
:lol :lol :lol

thatll teach him for banning me from that chat yesterday =P

Ha ha I actually remember seeing that lol. I think the horn at the end of Conquest sounds pretty funny, in a good way.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Can't wait for this game.
I'm in need of one of those great multiplayer games that suck up all your free time and I think this is the next one. I love the focus on teamwork, it doesn't turn into an everyman for himself shoot anything that moves fest. I still have to decide between PS3/360, but I'll enjoy it either way.

Kibbles

Aesius said:
:lol The drive won't open and he can't get the disc out!
I'm sure it's a pirated disc too, so good luck getting that fixed! Haha. He switched to gta iv earlier, pissing people off, now he is forced to play bfbc2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom