• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I got my 1000 achievement points and maxed out my rank according to the game and opened up all guns and perks... It think I'm going to hang this up until a real patch comes along fixing the broken insignia bug and the achievement bugs with the DLC and if there are new maps, then I'll come back even faster.

I just get the feeling that DICE has quietly forgotten about this game with no word on a real patch and not this bullshit about a server side patch that is stuck in MS/Sony certification. So have fun guys, I'm sure I'll be back around.

1stStrike

Banned
Just got my second platinum; the AN-94. I didn't realize I was that close.

I used the M16 for a day and then went back to the AN-94. The M-16 just isn't reliable in a fire fight. Its accuracy goes to shit way too fast.

I like both guns and have a lot of kills with both, but I think the AN-94 is just a little better.

Also, my shitty internet went down again so I got d/c'd in the middle of a game.

No lag tonight, though.

kuYuri

*facepalm*

DICE never added the option to have crouch toggle, sprint toggle, etc. in the full game? That's fucking ridiculous.

Vard

Almost finished with the single player. It's not particularly good but I figured I might as well play through it once. I started skipping the cutscenes though.

1stStrike said:
Just got my second platinum; the AN-94. I didn't realize I was that close.

I used the M16 for a day and then went back to the AN-94. The M-16 just isn't reliable in a fire fight. Its accuracy goes to shit way too fast.

I like both guns and have a lot of kills with both, but I think the AN-94 is just a little better.

Also, my shitty internet went down again so I got d/c'd in the middle of a game.

No lag tonight, though.
nice!

i'm not even close to platinum on any of the primary weapons, i change up too much.

so far i have Heavy Vehicles, AT Mines, Carl Gustav and Hand Grenades. got 20 more for 40MM GL.

one thing that bugs me is the 40MM Shotgun takes 1000 kills for plat, when all the other secondary weapons take 500.. WTF DICE?

kuYuri

The Faceless Master said:
pretty sure that's in the changelog for the PC patch that's coming soon.

Well, that's good. In the meantime, I resorted to having to use a script made by someone in the community. It works for now.

Cohsae

Are they going to remove post-revive invincibility? I swear I read that.
It is the worst fucking thing. In fact it is the only thing in the game that bothers me right now, other than the fact that choppers now seem to go down instantly after being tracered.

1stStrike

Banned
nice!

i'm not even close to platinum on any of the primary weapons, i change up too much.

so far i have Heavy Vehicles, AT Mines, Carl Gustav and Hand Grenades. got 20 more for 40MM GL.

one thing that bugs me is the 40MM Shotgun takes 1000 kills for plat, when all the other secondary weapons take 500.. WTF DICE?

I use a lot of different weapons too which is why I was surprised that I platinumed the AN-94.

As for the 40mm shotgun, I've never used it. I just don't see it being as useful as the 40mm grenades. I'm sure there's times where it would've been nice to have but I don't think I can justify using it.

they still haven't fixed the lag on PS3?

360's been pretty smooth, i was even playing with Finncognito earlier, who i assume is somewhere in Europe, and it was fine.
Yeah, I'm in Finland and didn't notice any lag.

1stStrike said:
For those interested, there is a bit of lag on consoles, but it's not constant. Seems to only really happen a few hours a day.

Oh and sorry violator and crak. I meant to join up with ya'll but I fell asleep after I ate lol
I played nothing but 3D Dot game heroes anyways :lol

Nafai1123

Banned
Cohsae said:
Are they going to remove post-revive invincibility? I swear I read that.
It is the worst fucking thing. In fact it is the only thing in the game that bothers me right now, other than the fact that choppers now seem to go down instantly after being tracered.

Just take out the medic who revived first. I find that ppl who were revived often times just sit there dumbfounded for the time they are invulnerable anyways.

Cohsae

Nafai1123 said:
Just take out the medic who revived first. I find that ppl who were revived often times just sit there dumbfounded for the time they are invulnerable anyways.
Yeah it's usually not that bad, except for those times when I'm shooting at a medic, and then an invincible man appears in front of him and blocks my bullets and then both of them shoot at me and I die.

I've missed two shot with the M95 less than 20 feet away from my camping enemy.

I shot: the enemy in the head and he got the hit animation but no hit marker. WTF

I shot again: same thing happens.

But he spoted me. Shot me once. I'm dead while he ate two .50 cal in the head without blinking. :lol

But when I respawn, I made him eat the dust (and I got his dogtag)

Lag :( But hey, I finaly have all the Spec Ac awards.

Jtrizzy

this game just doesn't get old for me, and all I play is rush. I need to play conquest to get the pins...It's nice to see the Pin/Insignia board almost full after all these hours. The great thing is I'm still learning new techniques and ways to play the game.

I still don't have the 5 friends list trophy, haven't really played against any since the beta. Also need to get the car warfare pin, the repair tool head shot trophy, and a few others.

Footos22

Wow i never knew you could kill someone with the defibulator
someone shotgunned failed me while i was about to revive my squad mate i paniced and pressed the trigger whilst looking at him.

I laughed so hard

Sanic

1stStrike said:
The lag is pretty much an east coast US thing. People in euro-land seem to be all right.

That's where I am :( Is this a constant problem or something they're working on fixing?

De4th Strike said:
Wow i never knew you could kill someone with the defibulator
someone shotgunned failed me while i was about to revive my squad mate i paniced and pressed the trigger whilst looking at him.

I laughed so hard
That, and the repair drill. :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
New details about Onslaught mode

SQUAD MODE:
1-4 player co-operative mode against AI enemies
MAPS:
4 maps delivering different gameplay experiences, all with new lighting/time of day. Valparaiso, Atacama Desert, Isla Inocentes, Nelson Bay
NEW ENEMY VEHICLES:
Mark V patrol boat
MISSION:
Battle against time and try to beat your personal best
LEADERBOARDS:
Compare your stats on the dedicated Onslaught Leaderboards against your friends and other players across the community
DIFFICULTIES:
Four difficulties - Easy, Normal, Hard, Hardcore
ACHIEVEMENTS:
8 trophies and achievements

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
Had some amazing games today with Strike and some buddies. I don't remember having this much fun since I got the game.

We destroyed some team Arica with about 5 tickets left. We decided that just arming and waiting is not going to cut. So Strike comes up with a plan for us to go arm it, and he would place C4 on the UAV to get the guys that are disarming. So I snuck up, armed the last crate, and my buddy Wes flew the UAV over. I got two guys trying to disarm and died. 5 seconds later as the UAV was waiting iside for the guys, Strike detonates the c4 and gets 3-4 guys running into the building to disarm. We won, good games.

Lag is still an issue.

goddamit i need to play tonight! :(

Sanic

What aspects of the game are unlocked with the code that comes with new copies? Is it really necessary? As i'm considering buying used.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Pandoracell said:
What aspects of the game are unlocked with the code that comes with new copies? Is it really necessary? As i'm considering buying used.
Some Maps on given modes.
ie: The Panama Canal is available as a Conquest map for everyone, but you need a VIP code to play it in Squad Rush mode.

Right now there are 4 maps and 2 more announced as part of VIP Map Packs.

Sanic

Fersis said:
Some Maps on given modes.
ie: The Panama Canal is available as a Conquest map for everyone, but you need a VIP code to play it in Squad Rush mode.

Right now there are 4 maps and 2 more announced as part of VIP Map Packs.

Thanks. I know this is subjective, but would you say it's worth it to have these modes? Do a lot of people play these modes on those maps? I'm not sure how the matchmaking works.

1stStrike

Banned
Yea green, I miss you :(

However, lag is back. Me and a buddy just quit because of how horrid it was. People were floating in the air when I shot them, bullets weren't registering, I ran THROUGH stairs on 3 occasions trying to go up them, one dude teleported behind a rock and it took me 3 tries to get around a corner.

Finally, we were both just like fuck this and left.

With the weekend upon us, EA is going to have a lot of pissed off kids raging outside their doors if this shit keeps up. It's pathetic how bad the servers are. It's obvious that whoever their provider is doesn't have the capability to host a large scale online game.

I'll give it another try in a few hours, but until then I'm gonna relax and play some FF13.

Fersis

Pandoracell said:
Thanks. I know this is subjective, but would you say it's worth it to have these modes? Do a lot of people play these modes on those maps? I'm not sure how the matchmaking works.
Yeah i think its worth it.
They released 2 VIP Map packs (2 maps Each) ,and theres another one confirmed plus another two VIP items on the ingame store.(Which could be more map packs)

1stStrike said:
With the weekend upon us, EA is going to have a lot of pissed off kids raging outside their doors if this shit keeps up. It's pathetic how bad the servers are. It's obvious that whoever their provider is doesn't have the capability to host a large scale online game.

I'll give it another try in a few hours, but until then I'm gonna relax and play some FF13.
Humm i think im not a ragin kid, but im close to take a BFBC2 break until EA fix their servers.
Two nights in a row i couldnt play BFBC2 thanks to lag.
Demize99 says BFBC2 is a service rather than a product (I agree), but EA/DICE have been sucking badly as service providers.

TL;DR = Im ragin' kid BFBC LAG!!! RAAAGE!!1!!111

Sanic

Fersis said:
They released 2 VIP Map packs (2 maps Each) ,and theres another one confirmed plus another two VIP items on the ingame store.(Which could be more map packs)

Cool, thanks.

Pete Rock

1stStrike said:
People were floating in the air when I shot them, bullets weren't registering, I ran THROUGH stairs on 3 occasions trying to go up them, one dude teleported behind a rock and it took me 3 tries to get around a corner.
Battlefield Moments :lol

The stairs comment reminded me I just experienced that this week on Valdez. Running a flank up construction site to stab a wookie, I got stuck in an endless loop on the stairs between the third floor and the roof.

I'd love to see stats for some of my connections to these servers. There's really nothing else to explain the horrendous level of garbage that goes on in this game sometimes. I dislike Halo and MW style P2P systems for their own reasons, but at least when the average pingtimes hit half a fucking second you get a host change and shit like this rarely happens.

Fersis said:
Demize99 says BFBC2 is a service rather than a product (I agree), but EA/DICE have been sucking badly as service providers.
Pretty much why I have my doubts about looking forward to their next product, at least on consoles. This is just such a joke, especially in the context of them getting Onslaught mode together while resting on VIP 3. Add all the frustrations from being unable to play the first week of release, the interim bugs, and this has just been an overall assy Battlefield experience in regards to where they went with BF2 and hell, even 1943. How does a $15 arcade game lag less than a $60 disc based game? EA runs your shit, that's how :\

1stStrike

Banned
Fersis said:

Humm i think im not a ragin kid, but im close to take a BFBC2 break until EA fix their servers.
Two nights in a row i couldnt play BFBC2 thanks to lag.

TL;DR = Im ragin' kid BFBC LAG!!! RAAAGE!!1!!111

What's weird is there was only a little bit for me last night when you left. It was barely noticeable. Not like the shit today at all. This is the kind of crap I can't play in.

Oh, and more matchmaking fail. We were playing with a team full of tards earlier so we left, formed a squad and I hit the join button for any rush mode map... and it brought us back to the same game.

I had to manually pick a different map.

Oh and pandora, just fyi nobody plays squad rush. It's stupid.

Sanic

1stStrike said:

I honestly think I would only play conquest, maybe rush. And I can get it for $40 used. So i'm thinking over my options...

Fersis

1stStrike said:
What's weird is there was only a little bit for me last night when you left. It was barely noticeable. Not like the shit today at all. This is the kind of crap I can't play in.

Oh, and more matchmaking fail. We were playing with a team full of tards earlier so we left, formed a squad and I hit the join button for any rush mode map... and it brought us back to the same game.

I had to manually pick a different map.

Odd ,my soldier was floating in the air and moving all over the place,rockets dont firing,etc.
For instance i entered a building and one sec later i was outside!

I love BFBC2,its my favorite competitive FPS ever but right now its a mess.
And it bothers me that EA/DICE didnt make a blog post sayin' : We're workin' on it.

Pandoracell said:
I honestly think I would only play conquest, maybe rush. And I can get it for $40 used. So i'm thinking over my options...
PS3 GAF plays Rush 90% of the time, the other 10% is Conquest.
I like to play Deathmatch every now and then.

Spl1nter said:
Horrible team week continued last night. However I was able to rally our team from having no bases in conquest the first game to having one the second and then winning in the third. The harder the pressure the better I play. Fending off squads by myself to hold down a point. The team I was on was filled of randoms against a team of 3 different clans with 3-5 members each.... It was funny however when I started quick scoping this once clan that they stopped using the magnum ammo and went to body armour. Didn't help them as I just either got the head shot of went for the quick pistol shot after the quick scope.

Hahaha, kinda glad I haven't gotten a chance to play this week! I'll be up for some rounds this weekend or tonight, though.

1stStrike

Banned
Fersis said:
Odd ,my soldier was floating in the air and moving all over the place,rockets dont firing,etc.
For instance i entered a building and one sec later i was outside!

I love BFBC2,its my favorite competitive FPS ever but right now its a mess.
And it bothers me that EA/DICE didnt make a blog post sayin' : We're workin' on it.

PS3 GAF plays Rush 90% of the time, the other 10% is Conquest.
I like to play Deathmatch every now and then.

Yea that's what is happening today. I can't explain it without more info. If I knew who their server provider was and had a range of IP's I'd be able to find out more about why the servers suck so bad.

And, yea, when PS3-gaf assembles we only play rush. Since I've been playing with gaffers I think I've played maybe 5 or 6 conquest matches.

Tbh, conquest is annoying atm. The horn that sounds when you're losing still goes on the whole time and it's bloody annoying, flag captures don't take any tickets like they should, etc. It's basically like a glorified deathmatch atm.

Rush is where this game shines. A well organized team in rush can really pull off some amazing shit (air dropping, shooting people as you parachute down, uav C4, winning with 3 tickets left, defending the last mcom and somehow winning, etc.)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
toxicgonzo said:
It must be, I have yet to achieve a sub 100 ping while playing

Find a west coast PC server and quit bitching?

Honestly, PC gamers don't have it as screwed as us PS3 players.

hylje

1stStrike said:
Yea green, I miss you :(

However, lag is back. Me and a buddy just quit because of how horrid it was. People were floating in the air when I shot them, bullets weren't registering, I ran THROUGH stairs on 3 occasions trying to go up them, one dude teleported behind a rock and it took me 3 tries to get around a corner.

I had couple weeks of break. Now this week I've tried 4 times to get on. Lag is just killing it. And somehow my framerate dropped down. Can't really bother to try and fix it with all the lag I've experienced.

Vard

Any word yet on how much Onslaught is going to cost? Sucks PS3 GAF gets it later, but I'm not entirely sold on the idea yet anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom