• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanic

The Faceless Master said:
Rush has 6 maps if you have a VIP code. Conquest is fun too, you should try it!

My friend recommended I ignore conquest, and I believe I read something similar in this thread but I am definitely going to try it, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Oh, and bullet drop is such an awesome thing. Make sniping so satisfying.

Cynar

Pandoracell said:
My friend recommended I ignore conquest, and I believe I read something similar in this thread but I am definitely going to try it, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Conquest is really good, just Atacama Desert sucks due to the helicopters and spawn camping (not as bad as it was but if you are against a good few players who steal both heli's it's hard to recover).

Panama Canal conquest is a fun fun map. :O

TheThunder said:
Just played a few games. The lag this time is absolutely horrible to the point where shit starts appearing and disappearing for no reason. I can't believe DICE is trying to sell us a mp mode when their mp is still broken, no thanks.

Oh and DICE you can make fun of MW2 all you want but until you actually make your playing experience better you're just making yourselves look silly.

I agree with lag being a problem but even with the lag it's loads more fun than MW2 ever would be.

DICE can make fun of mw2 becuase the overall game design for it is shit and extremely unbalanced.
BFBC2 may have some lag problems but its overall gameplay is great. That matters more to me and it can be fixed more easily.

Pandoracell said:

some people don't like Conquest because traditionally, when you have more flags capped than the other team, they lose tickets as a much faster rate than they do in BC2, and i agree that the ticket bleed should be faster, but it doesn't stop me from playing.

some people hate the design of some maps because they are too linear, and yeah, some of them are pretty linear, but it doesn't stop me from playing.

then of course, there's the spawn rape, especially on Atacama Desert and Laguna Alta... which is almost of the opposite of tickets not going fast enough, since if your team had a flag capped, your team wouldn't be getting raped!

Binabik15

I tried the post-patch game, even though I´ve been clean for three weeks now :/

Shooting down blackhawks feels like slapping a baby most of the time. I don´t like flares. Still about as glitchy as before from what I´ve experienced, only real difference is that an94s and m16s are buttraping me, not m60s. Stabbed about ten guys in a couple of hours that shrugged it off, shot some mags into dudes that just turned around and shot/stabbed me etc. Oh well, maybe one day it´ll be better.

Finally got the 4 guys with water vehicles, had to snipe from a damn jetski. Only pin missing now is the roadkill one. Why drive vehicles when you can blow them up?!

I stabbed a level 50 guy (after three lvl 50 guys suddenly joined another lvl 50 from their clan). Got the kill, but not the dog tag D: Would´ve been my first gold tag, fuck. He isn´t listed on the tag stat page, either.

This game hates me. Yet I always come crawling back.*

PS: Someone from GAF send me (heli_is_great) a friend request in-game yesterday. I just added you, I can´t multitask well enough to add people while playing.

*Things like the 14er kill streak earlier today make everything worth it. G3+lw+magnum recon running through the lighthouse part on Valparaisio and shooting/stabbing guys and arming both m-coms. Sometimes everything clicks and you´re death incarnate, untouchable by mere men.

Or landing knife-first on a sniper hiding in a shrub after bailing out a chopper and arming the m-com before the chopper even hit the ground.

Is this happening to anybody else? Every time I get on a gun emplacement it starts moving all over the place on its own. I've even let go of the controller and the thing still moves from side to side (or back to the center). I alternate between two different controllers, so I don't think it's on my end. I also have issues while I'm a tank gunner. When I zoom in the screen constantly jumps back to the normal view, even though I never let go of L1.

Oh, and it's on the PS3 version. Guess that's kinda important.

Tkawsome said:
Is this happening to anybody else? Every time I get on a gun emplacement it starts moving all over the place on its own. I've even let go of the controller and the thing still moves from side to side (or back to the center). I alternate between two different controllers, so I don't think it's on my end. I also have issues while I'm a tank gunner. When I zoom in the screen constantly jumps back to the normal view, even though I never let go of L1.

lag.

1stStrike

Banned
Tkawsome said:

Yea, definitely lag. Happens on all vehicles, stationary guns, etc. Try flying a helicopter or UAV in that shit. Me an JM can attest to that.

somnific

The Faceless Master said:
good games StayUp and somnific!

most definitely some good games-- did we end up losing any of them? almost felt bad for the other teams. almost.

on the 360 i've been dealing with very little lag these days, which is a nice thing. it still pops up in a game every once in awhile, but over all it's been a very pleasant experience.

any word on when the next map is gonna hit?

somnific said:
most definitely some good games-- did we end up losing any of them? almost felt bad for the other teams. almost.
nope, and i think i only heard the conquest horn like 2-3 times in the probably 20 games i played. the best part was when i was finally done, StayUp(JAZE88) was like "what time is it there, it's 7PM here" and i was like "5AM".

on the 360 i've been dealing with very little lag these days, which is a nice thing. it still pops up in a game every once in awhile, but over all it's been a very pleasant experience.
yep, the first couple of days after the update, it was laggy, but it's been generally smooth since then.

any word on when the next map is gonna hit?
no idea.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh... 40 more kills with the M95. But it seems the lag on the PS3 version is throwing my shots off. I keep getting body shots and my gun locks up to where I can't chamber another round quickly while the dude scurries away. (GO FOR HEADSHOTS, I hear you guys. I AM! I KEEP MISCALCULATING THE DROP! SHUT UP!) Ugh.

torontoml

What are people's best way to judge the drop from a sniper rifle over a certain distance? If I'm aiming at a certain spot for a while I will usually fire one shot at a building or something to see how much it drops. Does anyone have other suggestions, other than practice and spending more time with it?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wuts with the new thread titles?
Several Official Threads were renamed to OT.

TheSeks

Woah, Thread Title just changed.

Before said:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 : Official Thread of Official Thread of See, Spot, Run

After said:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Seems they're changing all mentions of "Official Thread" to "|OT|" New word filter/thread title filter or something?

Untitled.jpg

:lol

Sanic

torontoml said:
What are people's best way to judge the drop from a sniper rifle over a certain distance? If I'm aiming at a certain spot for a while I will usually fire one shot at a building or something to see how much it drops. Does anyone have other suggestions, other than practice and spending more time with it?

I would be interested in any advice as well, as i'm basically doing the same thing. If it's safe, i'll take a practice shot at the general angle/distance i'll be shooting at and use the drop from that as a guide.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Pandoracell said:
I would be interested in any advice as well, as i'm basically doing the same thing. If it's safe, i'll take a practice shot at the general angle/distance i'll be shooting at and use the drop from that as a guide.

Honestly, it just seems intuitive... I rarely misjudge it.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Honestly, it just seems intuitive... I rarely misjudge it.

Pretty much this. Over a while you'll start to get a feel for it.

Of course, I continue to miscalculate and go for body shots, but that just means chamber-ing a second round quickly to take them out. No sweat. :lol

Evolved1

I'm so torn on what to play right now. I've got very few PS3 GAF on my FL, so I'm often stuck playing BC2 with randoms, and then there's the lag issue that's been pretty annoying...

And I'm seriously considering getting into KZ2 MP for the first time... I don't know...

I hope they get the lag sorted out soon. It wasn't an issues until just recently -- it's too bad.

recklessmind said:
I'm so torn on what to play right now. I've got very few PS3 GAF on my FL, so I'm often stuck playing BC2 with randoms, and then there's the lag issue that's been pretty annoying...

And I'm seriously considering getting into KZ2 MP for the first time... I don't know...

I hope they get the lag sorted out soon. It wasn't an issues until just recently -- it's too bad.
add me...I got both games... PSN:B1gg_Randall

TheSeks

recklessmind said:

Well, you could play CoD4 with me. But I'm rusty and only playing it casually until the lag with BC2 is mostly fixed. So... yeah. :lol

recklessmind said:

It's been 2 weeks+ I don't why dice doesn't at least comment on the issue.

It also seems to be a PS3 issue.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Well, you could play CoD4 with me. But I'm rusty and only playing it casually until the lag with BC2 is mostly fixed. So... yeah. :lol

For whatever reason I have always been absolutely terrible at CoD4. It just never clicked... too twitchy for my tastes, I guess.

And I don't own it... had it on 360. Thanks though.

1stStrike said:
Err check the console BC2 matchup thread. A good number of PS3 gaffers in there. I have 15 or so regular BC2 players on my FL now thanks to that and this thread.

Yeah... maybe I should go through that thread tonight. Now that finals are over I have a bit of free time.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
recklessmind said:

WHAAA?

Dood lots of gaffers are playing BFC2 every day.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TheThunder said:
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp276/TheThunder2008CA/Untitled.jpg[IMG]

:lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, noticed that as well. I like that. It's easier to spot official threads now, and I guess it will help with searching for them in the future.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
:lol :lol :lol OK maybe not tonight...

Yeah, Strike/Fersis and I left a game Razor (dunno who that is) and Cruzader were playing. It got too laggy. I got tired of suddenly not having a fast "FUCK YOU" grenade kill. :/

1stStrike

Banned
recklessmind said:

I just logged off for the night and by my count there was 8 gaffers playing BC2 on my FL. 5 were in my game.

Seks: Good games. Sorry I left so suddenly. My tank got hit by the helicopter and the game froze (seems to happen with lots of close proximity explosions)

With all the lag on top of it and me being exhausted I was just like, meh I'm done for the night.

Conquest is way too easy now after playing rush for so long btw.

Ocho

TheSeks said:
Yeah, Strike/Fersis and I left a game Razor (dunno who that is) and Cruzader were playing. It got too laggy. I got tired of suddenly not having a fast "FUCK YOU" grenade kill. :/

Yeah, I followed stricketh but got matched on the opposite team. Damn, that server was laggy.. we succeded on defending the last MCOM, tho.

Who else can I add to be part of the regular GAF crew? I swear I'm good.

For sniping it is slight intuition slight know-how. If the target is relatively close, aiming for head is applicable. However if the target is a distance off, I usually aim about 1/4 a notch above their head.

TheSeks

1stStrike said:
Seks: Good games. Sorry I left so suddenly. My tank got hit by the helicopter and the game froze (seems to happen with lots of close proximity explosions)

With all the lag on top of it and me being exhausted I was just like, meh I'm done for the night.

Conquest is way too easy now after playing rush for so long btw.

Nah, it's fine. I left shortly after as well. I got tired of lag shots. :/

I figured Toda was in rush with you, I was surprised to be on Panama Conquest. And then have that server me and you played (after Toda left) do Panama five times. Hah.

Arol

recklessmind said:

Haha, sorry about earlier, me and my friend like to mess around with each other a bit.

But yeah I would of stuck around but I had been playing for 3+ hours already, sorry man! I really mean to play with more GAFFers.

Good run today and tonight 360 GAF. I was able to gloriously get my AT helicopter kill and SPECACT Recon achievements. All I need now is my lvl 22, SPECACT ENG and MEDIC, and Demo achievements. That is of course until I the new mode comes out of course.

torontoml

Kinda wish the 50 cal on the tank would kill a helicopter like a tank shell does. I have realized the if your 50 cal shots hit often it doesn't take long to take down a chopper, problem is I don't kill anyone when I do. Most of the time the parachute out behind buildings or into an out of map zone.

Evolved1

ergo said:
Has dice said anything about the lag situation? Pretty much gimps the game

Yeah it got really bad tonight. Was having a good time with a few people from gaf until the lag killed it. Unplayable, I thought.

Arol said:
Haha, sorry about earlier, me and my friend like to mess around with each other a bit.

But yeah I would of stuck around but I had been playing for 3+ hours already, sorry man! I really mean to play with more GAFFers.

Hey, no worries.

Evolved1

torontoml said:
lol, if the lag was really bad tonight i guess i found a cure, Beer, been drinking all night and didn't notice a thing lol.

It was fine for most of the time I played... but then it went straight to Shitville.

You guys bailed too soon we were 8 kills away from winning it. Would have had it too but they crashed a chopper into the MCom at the last second, blowing it up.

Evolved1

Tkawsome said:

You guys bailed too soon we were 8 kills away from winning it. Would have had it too but they crashed a chopper into the MCom at the last second, blowing it up.

Was it that close? My bad... it felt like we were getting rolled and the lag was pissing me off. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom